Author Topic: MX switch and keycap spacer (3D printed)  (Read 1301 times)

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
MX switch and keycap spacer (3D printed)
« on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 12:21:58 »
Prototype keyswitch spacer has arrived from Shapeways.  It replaces both an MX switch and the keycap, to create a flat spacer like you find on Model M and other winkeyless keyboards.  I have designed them for 1x, 1.25x, and 2x sizes, but I had the prototype shot in 1.25x size so I can replace the Windows key on my Leopold ANSI TKL keyboard.

The prototype is not sanded or polished in any way.  Sorry for the potato-pics, and hopefully you can see the snap-in mount and alignment pins on the backside.  (The alignment pins can be easily snipped off for plate-mount use.)

I will be installing this into a keyboard Real Soon Now, but i wanted to show y'all what it looks like first.

I have some improvements I want to make, then I'll publish the .stl file as well as make it available on Shapeways for anyone who wants one or more.

- Ron | samwisekoi
Sig auto-typed by my GH36 LH keypad.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 October 2014, 12:23:37 by samwisekoi »
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case