Author Topic: Red MX Cherry sources  (Read 1198 times)

Offline neverused

Red MX Cherry sources
« on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 13:00:55 »
Hello,

I am very interested in building my own custom ten-key keyboard, but as of right now am shorter on funds that I would like for sourcing Red MX Cherry switches.  I was going to try to find a keyboard on eBay if needed, hopefully being able to reuse the same key caps too.

My question is:  do any of you have some suggestions on keyboards new or old that would be a good source for parts for this project?  I plan on buying a teensy++ and probably having the case laser cut in acrylic/ possibly steel, but very much in the same vein as http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45139.0

Thank you so much for your help, I hope this is the correct section for this topic.

Best,
neverused

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
Re: Red MX Cherry sources
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 October 2014, 13:05:55 »
I have 61 red switches and enough black switches with red springs (basically ghetto reds, black stem with red springs feels like red switch) and switch housing to cover the rest of the switches on a tenkeyless board. Pm me if you want them, and we'll work something out.

Offline neverused

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 22:39:58 »
Thank you for the offer, I was hoping to find a complete board to disassemble myself for fun too.

Are there any suggestions for full-size keyboards?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 22:53:43 »
Thank you for the offer, I was hoping to find a complete board to disassemble myself for fun too.

Are there any suggestions for full-size keyboards?

rosewill