Author Topic: Help with Phantom!  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Jersern

• Australian Keyboard Modding and Repair Service
Help with Phantom!
« on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 16:25:30 »
Basically i soldered on the diodes and the teensy and flashed a firmware. Now when I short a switch hole to test, it sometimes (usually) triggers its entire row.  >:( Also, some switches aren't registering correctly (if at all).
Please help! (I'm kinda new to the teensy and I can't program at all :( )
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 October 2014, 05:43:33 by Jersern »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Help with Phantom!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 16:27:18 »
What did you use to program the teensy?

And are you diodes properly oriented?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 22:00:59 »
Basically i soldered on the diodes and the teensy and flashed a firmware. Now when I short a switch hole to test, it sometimes (usually) triggers its entire row.  :mad: Also, some switches aren't registering correctly (if at all).
Please help! (I'm kinda new to the teensy and I can't program at all :( )

Need PCB photos.

This is usually caused by either a grounding / shorting issue, or misplaced diodes. I suspect it's diodes. Note that some of the diodes are placed in different ways.

Offline Jersern

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 04:51:29 »
Thanks for the replies! :) I'm almost certain the diodes facing the right way. Black stripe to square holes right? :) I will attach a photo of the PCB in a minute.

Also, as for what I used to program my Teensy, I'm using Arduino with the Teensy application installed. And what firmware, this one: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=26742.msg640096#msg640096

EDIT Images of PCB Attached: Also, my apologies for the potato pics. My one plus one was the only thing at hand that could take photos and its awful in low light!  :-[
More

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 October 2014, 05:17:36 by Jersern »

Offline Jersern

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 05:42:57 »
That's odd, I reflashed the firmware and everything seems fine...... at least for the time being....................... well hopefully it stays that way.  :) Locking thread for now.
I suspect however it was one of two things: i didn't flash it quite right (or something along the lines of that) or maybe my hand was accidentally touching something it shouldnt causing a short or grounding issues.