Author Topic: LF advice on MX TKL build in a white/beige case  (Read 1061 times)

Offline ileben

LF advice on MX TKL build in a white/beige case
« on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:06:39 »
What would be the most straightforward way for me to get custom MX switches (e.g. zelios) into a TKL case of white/beige or any light colour? I don't want the case to be large (like vintage cherry boards). I'm looking for a quick/immediate solution, possibly purchasable as we speak (so outside of waiting for some group buy).

I have a TKL Filco which I was going to desolder and replace the switches (I own Hakko FR300 so that will be a breeze), but I'm having troubles finding a case for it as everything seems to be sold out or discontinued.

I see there are some case options on the GON website, but can that house a Filco PCB+plate? Would it be better for me to just buy a GON PCB+plate instead? Any other alternatives? I would prefer to only have to solder switches, and not the controller or any other parts.

EDIT: I need support for costar stabs so desoldering a KUL in white proton is not an option
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:12:03 by ileben »
RF 87 55g (silenced) | FC660C (silenced) | Unicomp Ultra Classic | Filco MJ2 Brown | Matias Mini Quiet Pro