Author Topic: [IC] GMK Purple Dragon - New Renders - 3/15/2019  (Read 55993 times)

Offline mimalik

Re: [IC] GMK Purple Dragon - New Renders - 3/15/2019
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 23 March 2019, 08:20:40 »
Money set aside, this has my fav colours, will insta buy the day it drops.

Offline equalunique

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 14:27:19 »
I'll join if there is a kit I can use on a Preonic. This color scheme looks like it will match well with the orange annodized aluminium cases Massdrop makes for OLKB keyboarss.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 16:39:28 »
I'll join if there is a kit I can use on a Preonic. This color scheme looks like it will match well with the orange annodized aluminium cases Massdrop makes for OLKB keyboards.
As much as I'd like sublegends, a set of say 4-6 blank 1u keys would do the job too and might have greater appeal (and possibly better pricing)

Offline equalunique

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 17:31:06 »
I'll join if there is a kit I can use on a Preonic. This color scheme looks like it will match well with the orange annodized aluminium cases Massdrop makes for OLKB keyboards.
As much as I'd like sublegends, a set of say 4-6 blank 1u keys would do the job too and might have greater appeal (and possibly better pricing)
Not a bad idea :)

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 19:40:27 »
Not a bad idea :)

Hey, hope this doesn't come across as snippy, but this kit is locked with what is currently included. Went through a ton of iterations with the kit already and think where it's at now provides support for most boards (yes, I understand not ortholinear boards) while providing a few fun parts to it like the alternate F keys.

Additionally, I reached my complimentary GMK render limit for the set. More renders being done would begin to be absorbed into the cost of the kit. If I understood correctly, in order to change the kit that they will produce, I have to approve an updated render, which means further changes to the set will directly impact final price.

Finally, I have received communication from the vendor Monday that they're putting together an interest check page for their site. It's my understanding that so long as enough voices tell them "YES!" once that page is up, we can clear the final hurdle to finally make it to the fabled Group Buy stage.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 21:03:57 »
This is an 'all in one' kit in a fun colorway (and considering Bento's performance, all in one base kits work great despite what the haters say). I think ortho support will become more prevalent moving forward but I couldn't suggest it in good faith (even massdrop struggles to sell child kits from something as hyped as Laser as evidenced by the latest 'keycap recap').

Ortho keyboards are better served by all in one kits anyway, but sets have to be designed offers such options (hyped up second runs of popular sets and retro/techy oriented stuff can pull it off well).

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 10:09:43 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/b6rnk4/gb_gmk_blank_keycaps_any_rowsize_in_standard_gmk/
Makes the absence of blanks an 'easy' fix, but the 150 MOQ is a bit strange (is it per person or total?)

Offline kimwonsik

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 02:38:24 »
I'm curious about the news.

Please update me.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 05:07:42 »

Please update me.

Still waiting for vendor to announce... Need to ask again because I'm wondering if this was forgotten.

Offline poolside

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 05:19:47 »
Finally, I have received communication from the vendor Monday that they're putting together an interest check page for their site. It's my understanding that so long as enough voices tell them "YES!" once that page is up, we can clear the final hurdle to finally make it to the fabled Group Buy stage.

YES!

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 05:28:39 »

YES!

Been a while since that communication. I reached back out a few minutes ago. Really hoping that this is just moving slowly because they had so many things in the works lately.

Offline KMPLSV

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 04:27:48 »
this is a great looking set. can't wait for it to come to fruition!

Offline kimwonsik

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 10:35:54 »

Please update me.   :confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 19:44:24 »
Haven't heard back from the vendor after reaching out a few separate times. Second time in the life of this project I've been left without any info after seeming like all parts were moving. Kinda soured me to wanting to continue pursuing this, so I'm officially ending this IC.

If someone else wants to take the mantle and run with this, just let me know, but I'm done.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 06 August 2019, 21:39:13 »
Sorry to hear. I'd always liked the set (it looks like two common colors in the world of pathology). Not sure what anyone else could've done that you didnt.

Offline akoster15

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 12:49:21 »
Any chance this set ever comes out? This is would be my favorite set from GMK ever.