Author Topic: [IC] Ed (Cowboy Bebop) Smilies  (Read 29040 times)

Offline KnivesM

Re: [IC] Ed (Cowboy Bebop) Smilies
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 01:15:48 »
Am I the only one who thought CB overrated? Am I evil for thinking so?

I loved the animation, loved the music, loved the dialect and characters, but for me if it lacks story then it's not as enjoyable. And that's what it was for me: lacking in story.

It was just a bunch of side stories about odd jobs and little background. And when they introduced Ed I couldn't stand her. I felt they threw her in to appease a certain fanbase.

Or am I being overly picky?
Yes, very evil  >:D

..................... Just kidding your entitled to your opinion, different people like different things and all that.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline minTea

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 01:51:49 »

I loved the animation, loved the music, loved the dialect and characters, but for me if it lacks story then it's not as enjoyable. And that's what it was for me: lacking in story.

It was just a bunch of side stories about odd jobs and little background. And when they introduced Ed I couldn't stand her. I felt they threw her in to appease a certain fanbase.

I think you just aren't appreciating the aspects you don't like, especially the story.  To me the fairly open story is one of the best aspects about the show because it makes the viewer fill in the blanks with their imagination.  I can understand that some people don't like stories that are ambiguous and want things to be clear but Bebop is not that anime.  The way the story is told in the show fits perfectly with Spike's personal experience of life, "I'm just watching a dream I never wake up from."  One might argue the main parts of the story is told the way it is (in small blurbs of mainly pictures without sound) to represent how life/past appears to Spike. Perhaps even the short stories represent how life actually is too in the sense that in life we may have our own main "story" or goal but we often have many side adventures around that story.  There is a lot of depth there! :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 July 2015, 01:55:10 by minTea »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 08:10:31 »

I think you just aren't appreciating the aspects you don't like, especially the story.  To me the fairly open story is one of the best aspects about the show because it makes the viewer fill in the blanks with their imagination.  I can understand that some people don't like stories that are ambiguous and want things to be clear but Bebop is not that anime.  The way the story is told in the show fits perfectly with Spike's personal experience of life, "I'm just watching a dream I never wake up from."  One might argue the main parts of the story is told the way it is (in small blurbs of mainly pictures without sound) to represent how life/past appears to Spike. Perhaps even the short stories represent how life actually is too in the sense that in life we may have our own main "story" or goal but we often have many side adventures around that story.  There is a lot of depth there! :)

Cowboy Bebop is the best. It's so good it's the reason behind my username!

I'm tempted to design a space cowboy set now :)