Author Topic: [IC] GMK Muted 2  (Read 135409 times)

Offline Hdjekso

Re: [IC] GMK Muted 2
« Reply #450 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 08:25:03 »
Quick render R4 vs spacebar vs R5. The back height of the spacebar key matches the R5 profile. The front is lower to make it more comfortable. (sorry for the double post)

When you say "R4 vs spacebar vs R5", are you going from front to back or vice versa?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #451 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 09:01:37 »
Tentative launch date is January 15 2021.

Offline cfox21

« Reply #452 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 09:47:29 »
Has there been any further kit changes since the update on December 2nd?

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #453 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 10:24:28 »
Has there been any further kit changes since the update on December 2nd?

this isnt an interest check. its an advertisement.

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #454 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 20:58:02 »
Wait... this is an interest check... not a feedback post.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #455 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 21:07:03 »
Wait... this is an interest check... not a feedback post.

stop making sense

Offline Naddinn

« Reply #456 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 11:00:19 »
Then that's a pass, not adding 5-6€ on an already very low demand kit for the sake of 3 people. Sorry!

Surely that would be more than 3 people, but then that's your call.

So far a total of three (3) people from Iceland have ordered from my store since I've opened it in April of this year, so yeah, I'm not really convinced that there is a crowd there that really needs Icelandic support in one keyset.

I am one of the 3 Icelanders and I can verify that we don't need this. Also its missing the Ö in R1.

Offline oscarhung1011

« Reply #457 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 20:03:24 »
excited

Offline johntron25

« Reply #458 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 20:06:53 »
My body and wallet is ready.

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #459 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 14:12:20 »
Any chance that there will be <CapsLock> with LED hole like for GMK Dolch R5 please?

Offline vladimir108

« Reply #460 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 09:47:03 »
Any info about prices please?

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #461 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 13:30:31 »
Why no 40's support? At very least some basic ortho love would go a long way.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #462 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 21:55:29 »
Why no 40's support? At very least some basic ortho love would go a long way.

you dare ask the keyboard gods why things are the way they are? you little pleb, know your place.

Offline spring4k

« Reply #463 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 22:42:35 »
It's too expensive

Offline Tennstrong

« Reply #464 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 23:21:29 »
Why does this

in 2021 cost 5$ more than

in 2017? Shouldn't the higher quantity relate to a better deal rather than a worse one? This was an easy easy set sale for me that's not gonna happen anymore. Also why mess with the core look of having monochrome modifiers...  I wonder if jchan would be open to a re-re-run with og inspired kitting/pricing.

Offline Domantas

« Reply #465 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 13:14:00 »
The idea to rerun is great but we can agree this is the worst ic and best advertisement of 2020-ish ;D

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #466 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 13:22:41 »
damn this is why you should only post an "ic" a few weeks before gb

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #467 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 16:07:27 »
Why does this

Show Image

in 2021 cost 5$ more than

Show Image

in 2017? Shouldn't the higher quantity relate to a better deal rather than a worse one? This was an easy easy set sale for me that's not gonna happen anymore. Also why mess with the core look of having monochrome modifiers...  I wonder if jchan would be open to a re-re-run with og inspired kitting/pricing.

Well, there are a few reasons for the price increase, but the main 2 culprits here lie in that jchan, while no longer being the direct beneficiary of the set running, has still requested to be paid for the design, of which we are more than willing to pay him for, warranting a price increase.

The second is the bottom row. R5 bottom rows cost more than R4 bottom rows.

Offline aa212121

« Reply #468 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 19:10:15 »
Hey Krelbit, I'm going to move in a couple of months not sure where. What should I put in as my address?

Offline patzorz

• lowkey addicted
    • Instagram
« Reply #469 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 19:43:57 »
Can't wait to buy multiple sets :3
7V - Duck Orion v2.5 - GeonWorks F2-84Satisfaction75 - Zenith - Polaris - Vega - Hex4B - TGR x KLC Dolice - Tomo - ThermalProphetHex3C

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #470 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 23:34:07 »
Hey Krelbit, I'm going to move in a couple of months not sure where. What should I put in as my address?

I'll have a google form available throughout the group buy and afterwards where people can change their addresses, and I'll be updating addresses right before fulfillment begins.

Whereever you live now would be fine, or a trusted friend maybe?

Offline aa212121

« Reply #471 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 00:24:19 »
I'll have a google form available throughout the group buy and afterwards where people can change their addresses, and I'll be updating addresses right before fulfillment begins.

Whereever you live now would be fine, or a trusted friend maybe?
Gotcha! Thanks!

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #472 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 01:02:27 »
what's the point of the extension kit if you're gonna put iso in base? iso is statistically used by such a small % of actual buyers that it needs a liferaft into the base kit? for what reason?
5 caps lock in base, alice b but without the bars, feedback is clearly worthless and won't swing designers to give the people that are paying them what they want. it's as if you're looking at this page with a filter that hides any posts with "pipe".
this might be the worst kitting to ever get to gb, considering that drop can offer this. Comparatively, Muted should be slated to sell more sets than drop. it's offensive to offer consumers lackluster kitting and pricing for such a big hyped up gb like this one.
glwgb
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 January 2021, 01:21:57 by Kokaloo »

Offline gnho

« Reply #473 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 08:17:02 »
what's the point of the extension kit if you're gonna put iso in base? iso is statistically used by such a small % of actual buyers that it needs a liferaft into the base kit? for what reason?
5 caps lock in base, alice b but without the bars, feedback is clearly worthless and won't swing designers to give the people that are paying them what they want. it's as if you're looking at this page with a filter that hides any posts with "pipe".
this might be the worst kitting to ever get to gb, considering that drop can offer this. Comparatively, Muted should be slated to sell more sets than drop. it's offensive to offer consumers lackluster kitting and pricing for such a big hyped up gb like this one.
glwgb

There's really no need to revisit this issue. Juse blacklist Krelbit. You're paying too much money for being annoyed. Seriously there's not a single product in this community that's worthwhile for me to pay so much and be slapped in the face.

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #474 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 08:28:12 »
I don't follow the Discord, but I assume this isn't going live today?

It's quite obvious how poorly this IC has been conducted:

1. Ignoring what interested buyers have repeatedly requested without explanation has led to kitting that doesn't make sense for the majority of people. Why so many Caps Lock options? To pay homage to the original? Do people actually want that though? Doesn't seem like it. We're 10 pages deep and the same requests keep popping up.

2. Setting a higher price than the number of keys in the kit warrants isn't going to make people feel good about buying your product. Due to Jchan's involvement, this is essentially a licensed product, much like the Star Wars keycaps that were on _NK. You should be upfront about that if you've known about it since the beginning. Put it in the OP. Unlike the Star Wars collaborations however, this is an excellent design and a classic in the community. High volume is almost guaranteed, and you know that. Plus, you've already stated in the OP that you intend to run multiple rounds. Oblotzky especially is an OG and pillar in the community, having designed many great sets that will no doubt get many reruns in the the future. Perhaps calls for better pricing should be given more serious consideration.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's live. Well, I guess that was pointless then.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 January 2021, 08:37:41 by Fredington »

Offline frewtkeek

« Reply #475 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 08:41:47 »
No, it wasn't. You still made your point and I agree ;D

Offline GMK83

« Reply #476 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 09:14:14 »
I think it has been pretty obvious that the interest check wasn't to gauge interest or listen to suggestions, but rather let the community know this rerun was happening.  I don't support the approach and/or the disregard from the communities suggestions, but at the same time they're a business and can price the set however they feel like.  It's not like these vendors are Not for Profit organizations.  Expecting them not to capitalize on an opportunity is silly and wouldn't be a great business move.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #477 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 10:24:56 »
I think it has been pretty obvious that the interest check wasn't to gauge interest or listen to suggestions, but rather let the community know this rerun was happening.  I don't support the approach and/or the disregard from the communities suggestions, but at the same time they're a business and can price the set however they feel like.  It's not like these vendors are Not for Profit organizations.  Expecting them not to capitalize on an opportunity is silly and wouldn't be a great business move.

here is a link to a post which says the exact opposite

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=109923.msg2986491#msg2986491

thank you for your time
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #478 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 10:32:44 »

thank you for your time

ooo yea one post confirming it's financially beneficial to beef up an extensions kit means they are listening, yep. personally not liking keys and mangling a base kit to become as bloated as possible doesn't entitle it to not being included over your consumers clamoring for it, at that point it becomes a stupid business decision and you get labeled as a "community facing" runner who ends up not taking into consideration what the community wants. we are now at the point where it's likely more responsible for designers to not bother posting these threads ahead of gb and run whatever they please, only then can they can stop making up excuses for their unwillingness to listen to the very people that keep them in business.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #479 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 12:52:29 »

thank you for your time

ooo yea one post confirming it's financially beneficial to beef up an extensions kit means they are listening, yep. personally not liking keys and mangling a base kit to become as bloated as possible doesn't entitle it to not being included over your consumers clamoring for it, at that point it becomes a stupid business decision and you get labeled as a "community facing" runner who ends up not taking into consideration what the community wants. we are now at the point where it's likely more responsible for designers to not bother posting these threads ahead of gb and run whatever they please, only then can they can stop making up excuses for their unwillingness to listen to the very people that keep them in business.

if you think you can run a better IC i am waiting for it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #480 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 13:17:00 »

thank you for your time

Me bringing issues to light about the fallacies performed by established businesses in this hobby give me no reason to "do something better myself", rather, I would prefer the people who already have this down pat to do better when there is apparent opportunity to.

your bait is useless byyyeeee
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 January 2021, 13:26:19 by Kokaloo »

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #481 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 13:18:59 »

thank you for your time

Sure, but only if he does a second run of a super popular highly demanded set that someone else ran the first time, for comparison sake.

+1 for terrible kitting, btw. Krelbit finally had a chance to do an unironically good set, and he does this...
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 January 2021, 13:23:08 by Yeoh »

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #482 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 14:06:17 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110686.0

GB Thread is live! This thread will be closed.