Author Topic: Gmmk tkl stab issue  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Jumpee02

Gmmk tkl stab issue
« on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 00:43:38 »
I’m back here once again to ask for help. I assembled my gmmk tkl today but found out that the long keys (ones with stabilizers) aren’t working properly especially the left shift. The left shift is hard to press and I can’t press it all the way down otherwise it’s gonna get stuck there and won’t go back unless I manually pull it. The issue is when I press it, it doesn’t go back up as fast as it should, making my next key a capital as well. It also doesn’t look aligned to the other keys no matter what I do. I use XDA profile. The other keys with stabs aren’t as bad as the left shift key but they also don’t feel right. I really don’t know how to describe or explain the issue. :(

I don’t know if this problem is covered by warranty or I have to do something to the stabs like lubing it. I’m also afraid that lubing won’t fix it and will end up voiding the warranty as well. Thank you so much in advance. :)

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
Re: Gmmk tkl stab issue
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 10:58:06 »
Any chance you put in the stabs the wrong direction or assembled them wrong?

Offline Tactile

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 14:34:48 »
If these are costar stabilizers make sure the inserts in the caps are matched & right direction.
REΛLFORCE

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 00:46:45 »
Is it possible the long keycaps are warped or their posts not properly aligned?  Do keycaps from other sets work on the board, or do these keycaps work on other boards? 

Offline Jumpee02

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 00:51:53 »
These are stock stabs of gmmk tkl and I haven’t touched anything inside the board. All I did was put switches and keycaps.

As for the keycaps, I tested them on rk61. It works just fine. I also tried using my rk61 stock keycap for this gmmk tkl left shift and the result is worse. There really must be something wrong with the stabilizer.