Author Topic: [HELP] Poker II caps lock blinking.  (Read 1219 times)

Offline SlotH42

• one slow step for sloth
[HELP] Poker II caps lock blinking.
« on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 12:09:52 »
I woke up this morning and turned on my PC and my poker 2 caps lock is blinking. It wont type anything. I have tried holding down fn + r to restore to factory settings, but nothing seems to register. I plugged it into another PC only to have the same issue. I have not found very much info on this searching on line other than a few people saying it could be a firmware issue?? I have tried downloading the firmware from ikbckeyboard however after I extract the file and run the application the button that says "okay" to update the firmware is not working. Anyone know what I can do to fix this problem?
MP-GBL4 (red) Poker II (clears) Realforce R2TL 55g

Offline SlotH42

• one slow step for sloth
Re: [HELP] Poker II caps lock blinking.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 22:21:07 »
Bricked keyboard bump. Any help would be great. I’m at a loss.
MP-GBL4 (red) Poker II (clears) Realforce R2TL 55g

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 09:18:25 »
I don't know about the poker as it's a commercial PCB but DIY boards you have to put the chip in bootloader mode to flash firmware.

What does the keyboard show up as in device manager (windows) or lsusb (Linux)?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 20:54:30 »
I don't know that the board dying is any reflection on the company of Vortex.  A small percentage of electronics will fail for no obvious reason.  The company is based overseas, so even if your warranty is no longer active it may be a lot of trouble to RMA.  If you really like the board, the good news is that used ones are always available for cheap.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.