Author Topic: p33r pre5sure  (Read 2234 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
p33r pre5sure
« on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 12:10:15 »
were @ the thai grocery store, in the chili aisle, picked up a small pack of chili, this middle-aged thai lady looked over and said, that's for girls, she grabbed a pack of this dark red almost purple pack, proclaiming this is for boys.

of course Tp4 being a very meager personality capitulated, agreed, and thanked her.

got home, started to make a batch of fermented Napa cabbage, massaged 2 single chili into the pot,

Hands are burning like they're being deep_fried right now..  It's been an hour.  God damn it....

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
Re: p33r pre5sure
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 12:27:39 »
Easy out. Just say that you're making it for your GF. Boom, then you can buy the chilis you want.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 12:52:48 »
Tp4 = #Ronery4ever   

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 12:55:06 »
You missed one crucial thing for shopping - earphones.  Blocks out peer pressure along with crying babies, whiny toddlers and inane smalltalk in the queue :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 15:36:19 »

this middle-aged thai lady

I used to work with a guy whose mother was a middle-aged thai lady, and she had trained him well.
It was astonishing to see him get a dish that was already insanely hot and drown it with additional habanero sauce.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 16:20:29 »
those pain receptors can die when exposure is constant, over time, they just can't feel it.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 03:09:11 »
Hahaha, tha's really funny tp! :)

I remember years ago, when working as a chef, I had to peel a bag of garlic - first time in my life I had to peel whole bag, did it without gloves. BIG mistake. Two days of burning hands. Never again.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 07:30:31 »
I remember years ago, when working as a chef, I had to peel a bag of garlic - first time in my life I had to peel whole bag, did it without gloves. BIG mistake. Two days of burning hands. Never again.

different from garlic, but tp4 had a similar experience with pineapples, the bromelain enzyme. it was pineapple peeling class, and it was 4 hours.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 04 July 2022, 08:15:49 »
tp4-san racku disciprine
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 13 August 2022, 12:56:58 »
After a month of intense-Training, ~1.5 table spoons of chili oil per day.

Tp4 can now barely taste spice.  it seems these heat receptors are completely depleted..

The Steinance:

Capsaicin selectively binds to a protein known as TRPV1, which resides on the membranes of pain- and heat-sensing neurons. TRPV1 is a heat-activated calcium channel, with a threshold to open between 37°C and 45°C (37°C is normal body temperature). When capsaicin binds to TRPV1, it causes the channel to lower its opening threshold, thereby opening it at temperatures less than the body's temperature, which is why capsaicin is linked to the sensation of heat. As mentioned earlier, prolonged activation of these neurons by capsaicin depletes presynaptic substance P, one of the body's neurotransmitters for pain and heat, and prevents reaccumulation. Neurons that do not contain TRPV1 are unaffected; this causes extended numbness following surgery, and the patient does not feel pain as the capsaicin is applied under anesthesia.

With chronic exposure to capsaicin, neurons are depleted of neurotransmitters, and this leads to a reduction in sensation of pain and a blockage of neurogenic inflammation. If capsaicin is removed, the neurons recover.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 13 August 2022, 13:19:53 »

~1.5 table spoons of chili oil per day.

Tp4 can now barely taste spice.

And the point of this is ?
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 13 August 2022, 14:43:37 »
Been there.  Made salsa when I was learning how to cook in middle school.  Cut up all of the jalepenos without gloves.  Had no idea.  Cut to soaking hands in bowls of milk for the next 4 hours.  Couldn't even sleep that night.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 13 August 2022, 15:50:08 »
Been there.  Made salsa when I was learning how to cook in middle school.  Cut up all of the jalepenos without gloves.  Had no idea.  Cut to soaking hands in bowls of milk for the next 4 hours.  Couldn't even sleep that night.

It's interesting, because Tp4 saw in a pepper documentary, where this dude demonstrates eating the world's hottest peppers no problem,  But while processing them, he still wears Gloves. 

So, this substance P depletion in the nociception neurons is very much selective, it's only depleted where contact is persistent.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 17:51:42 »
I might have made a mistake. I have been harvesting peppers from my garden much faster than I can use them or give them away, and had accumulated a couple of bags, at least 1kg all together. A mix of long red chili, cayenne, and shi****os.

So I left the long chilis whole and sliced the cayennes and shi****os in half longitudinally, scraping out most of the seeds. Then I put them in the dehydrator about an hour ago. Now my eyes are tingling and I am afraid that the atmosphere inside the house will be full of pepper fumes. It smells pretty good but I am afraid that it might not be so healthy for breathing. Haven't sneezed yet so maybe it isn't too bad.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 17:53:04 »
People tear gas their kitchen all the time vitamixing peppers.