Author Topic: ROSE Kids  (Read 2431 times)

Offline antarios

ROSE Kids
« on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 16:38:02 »
*/-*/-*/-*/-*/-*/*-/*-/
-/*-/-*
/

-*/-*/-*/-*/-*/-*/-*/-*/-/*-/-*/-*
/*-/-*/-*/-*
/-*/-*/-*
/-*/-*/*-
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 January 2018, 20:00:05 by antarios »

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
Re: ROSE Kids
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 17:58:13 »
In for one! Oh, wait, this isn't an IC. Just kidding, it looks like a great way to get your daughter interested in this hobby of ours.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 08:52:45 »
Crazy colours!  I like it, and so would my 4 year old niece :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noSatellite

• perpetual n00b
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 14:35:17 »
Looks awesome! Fun and educational! :D

Looking forward to pics!
What I lack in time, resources, and knowledge I make up for in passion, enthusiasm and ignorance.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 18:11:09 »
While I can understand the want to arrange the keys for her better, doing this will actually make it more difficult later for her to transition to a normal keyboard.

I've seen 5 year olds who ran computers better than their parents without any training. I had one parent upon getting their first computer, while asking me where to start, unbeknownst to them, behind their back their back their 5 year jumped on, went to Google and was off and running. I simply pointed to the kid and said "he'll show you". Kids adapt easy, her brain is a sponge right now (but will not remain that way). Let her get used to a normal keyboard now while it's easy for her, it won't bother her.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 18:39:41 »

doing this will actually make it more difficult later for her to transition to a normal keyboard.

I agree. Kids don't like being "dumbed-down" to.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline antarios

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 20:00:20 »
The project has been canceled.
I apologize for my stupid idea, which in addition retracts children in education.
I understand that your children at the age of 6 are now graduating from university.
In the morning I go to kindergarten, I tell the teacher that time goes on and fooling the children with rhymes about ABC is a sick idea, now is the era of QVERTUIOP Dvorak or whatever else.
And counting on your fingers up to 10 is some nonsense since the whole world has long been working in the binary system 10110001000110.
And so in general, why a keyboard for a child, since he has been using a touch screen for 4 years. And when he wants to search something, he touches the icon of the microphone and just asks.
Thank you for your valuable comments.

I almost made a keyboard ...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 20:35:59 »
There are plenty of these sorts of things around. That would keep her happy and cool through middle school.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 21:48:02 »
The project has been canceled.
I apologize for my stupid idea, which in addition retracts children in education.
I understand that your children at the age of 6 are now graduating from university.
In the morning I go to kindergarten, I tell the teacher that time goes on and fooling the children with rhymes about ABC is a sick idea, now is the era of QVERTUIOP Dvorak or whatever else.
And counting on your fingers up to 10 is some nonsense since the whole world has long been working in the binary system 10110001000110.
And so in general, why a keyboard for a child, since he has been using a touch screen for 4 years. And when he wants to search something, he touches the icon of the microphone and just asks.
Thank you for your valuable comments.

I almost made a keyboard ...
Not really what I was trying to say to you.
Make the keyboard, I like it, it looks cool and so will your kid, I just think it would be better to use a normal layout.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion