Author Topic: [GB] GMK Bread - We got that Bread! Update - R2 Colour Samples and Banderole  (Read 59664 times)

Offline GergWorst

GMK Bread
    Live in July 2020

Discord Server
    Instagram

---

Timeline

130820 - Order placed with GMK, Deskmats ordered, Artisan Sculpt and Cable pending 1 invoice to start production
    200820 - Still pending invoice from GMK. Cables ordered, Artisan Sculpt pending payment from 1 vendor
    100920 - Clay Artisans are in! Fitting test video in my discord server in the #gallery channel for the set
    041020 - R1 Colour Samples arrived and were rejected. Details in my discord server but tl;dr is that the mods brown looked really muddy and the alphas were way too white for the set. Am working with Louis from ILUMKB to resolve the matter and get R2 in
    250321 - Long wait later, R2 Colour Samples have been approved.
    140421 - Banderole completed. That should be everything needed to start production. Now we just wait I guess

---

Final Numbers

Hey guys! Final Numbers now that the GB has closed! Will be posting updates as they come in! Stay tuned! Remember to join my Discord server too for regular updates!

---

After quite a long while of waiting, we’re finally here! Featuring a nice and warm brown colour way that comes from our favourite carbohydrate, GMK Bread makes everyone feel right at home.
    Vendors
    Group Buy will be available from July 1st to August 1st, with shipment planned for late Q1 2021

Pricing
    Prices are in USD
    • Base Kit: $134.99
    • Alt Alphas: $83.99
    [/s]
    • Novelties: $42.99
    • Extensions: $39.99
    • Deskmats: $16.99

Other collaborations that will also be going through GB with the set!
    • Custom Cables: $80
    • Custom Clay Artisan Keycap: $35
    • Rama Keycap: $56

Colours
    Please keep in mind these images can't be 100% accurate due to camera and screen accuracy, but give an idea on the colours used

Kit Renders

Board Renders

Austin

SF65 + Deskmat

Evolv by NathanAlphasMan

Collaborations
    We have chosen collaborations that help accentuate the theme, and bring out the cuteness and playfulness of the set
    Shoutout to reeeyouuu for helping me with contacts and design

Rama Keycap

Custom Cables by Fatboychard

Custom Clay Keycaps Sculpts from valubahloo

Signature
      Support the set by displaying a signature on your forum profile
      [/list][/list][/list]
      Code: [Select]
      [img width=400 height=120]https://i.postimg.cc/fbmJ0WC4/gmk-bread-sig.png[/img]

Special Thanks
      Thanks to NathanAlphaMan, Ulliam, DaleSnail, Louis for helping me with the set. Thank you also to Swishy for telling me to start afresh when my first keyset was bad, and everyone from the KeycapDesigner discord and my own discord server. Never thought that I could ever run my own keyset and get all the way here.

---

RIP Alt Alphas

Rukia

« Last Edit: Thu, 27 May 2021, 02:59:13 by GergWorst »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
      • * Senior Moderator
      Re: [GB] GMK Bread - Let's Get That Bread! Live 1st July
      « Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 14:48:16 »
      Approved :thumb:

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
      « Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 14:58:21 »
      Might want to check the bbcode in your post.  Some of the images are being squished to sizes that aren't proportional to their original dimensions.  Alt Alphas is the most noticeable one.

Offline GergWorst

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 15:38:20 »
      Might want to check the bbcode in your post.  Some of the images are being squished to sizes that aren't proportional to their original dimensions.  Alt Alphas is the most noticeable one.

Fixed.

Thanks for the catch!

Offline GalaxyDynamite

• kbd67mkII / GMK Vaporwave / Zealios67g / Krytox205
      « Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 16:26:39 »
      OMG FINALLY!!!!!

THIS IS THE ONE KEYCAP SET IVE BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE I STARTED IN THIS HOBBY MANY MONTHS AGO!!!!

TIME TO GET THAT BREAD BABY

Offline GergWorst

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 07:58:55 »
      OMG FINALLY!!!!!

THIS IS THE ONE KEYCAP SET IVE BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE I STARTED IN THIS HOBBY MANY MONTHS AGO!!!!

TIME TO GET THAT BREAD BABY

Haha thank you for your support! Cheers!

Offline sebkow

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 08:03:33 »
      Got that bread

Offline ilouis_07

• Never Forget Your Origin
        • ILUMKB
      « Reply #7 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 10:21:29 »
      Get That Bread!

Offline upas

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 12:38:40 »
      Get that bread!!

Offline Nudd

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 03:24:53 »
      Got that bread, just waiting for it to bake :)

Offline GergWorst

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 12:56:45 »
      Day 1 Numbers for GMK Bread are in!

We seem to be doing fine for base and novelties, though extensions and alt alphas may need a bit of help! Will be doing quite a bit of publicity for those kits in the coming future, but we have a bit of time now! Expect more renders soon and do follow @kreeeeation on Instagram! Also, do support Fatboychard and his custom cable for the set!

Offline GalaxyDynamite

Re: [GB] GMK Bread - Let's Get That Bread! Day 1 numbers are in!
      « Reply #11 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 14:35:23 »
      And even the EU numbers arent in.... lets hit that MOQ!

Offline megaforce

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 21:49:36 »
      B R E A D
      Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
      More
      Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
      Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 21:28:01 »
      way too damn many good sets this summer
      this is my already bought or will buy list:
      ePBT classic Cyrillic
      GMK Modern Dolch 2
      GMK Bread
      GMK hammerhead (light)
      GMK Sloth
      GMK Sumi
      GMK Bento R2
      Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
      Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline GergWorst

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 22:54:08 »
      ePBT classic Cyrillic
      GMK Modern Dolch 2
      GMK Bread
      GMK hammerhead (light)
      GMK Sloth
      GMK Sumi
      GMK Bento R2

Thank you for your support!!

Offline PM_ME_THE_SLOTHS

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 03:56:14 »
      ePBT classic Cyrillic
      GMK Modern Dolch 2
      GMK Bread
      GMK hammerhead (light)
      GMK Sloth
      GMK Sumi
      GMK Bento R2

I'm in for bread, but you just made my day with that sloth set! That's 100% endgame for me.

Offline Alkahzane

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 06:40:28 »
      Is the cable exclusive to canon keys? Cannot find it on the EU store

Offline GergWorst

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 11:57:21 »
      Is the cable exclusive to canon keys? Cannot find it on the EU store

Seems that only EU is missing it, unfortunately. It's available every where else.

Offline Captain Lunch

Re: [GB] GMK Bread - Let's Get That Bread! Week 1 Updates - 40% to MOQ
      « Reply #18 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 03:21:02 »
      I hereby devote my first post on this board to getting that bread.

Offline GalaxyDynamite

Re: [GB] GMK Bread - Let's Get That Bread! Week 1 Updates - 40% to MOQ
      « Reply #19 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 11:46:26 »
      I think I did the same thing ... lol

Offline amperrsand

Re: [GB] GMK Bread - Novelties MOQ Reached! More than 50% to MOQ for Base!
      « Reply #20 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 15:35:26 »
      Bread: Gotten

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
      Re: [GB] GMK Bread - Novelties MOQ Reached! More than 50% to MOQ for Base!
      « Reply #21 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 23:04:30 »
      Gonna be so disappointed if this set doesn't hit MOQ. It's so much better than other sets out there.

Offline yhs

Aight, gimme dat bread then..

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 00:32:06 »
      Thank you for your support!!

no, thank YOU for the amazing set! bought base and novelties, can't wait to get them. i almost never buy artisans, but still thinking about adding the rama cap.

I'm in for bread, but you just made my day with that sloth set! That's 100% endgame for me.

no problem man, glad i was able to point you in the right direction. bread and sloth were *kinda* close, in the sense that they are a similar design (light brown/dark brown). at first i was deciding between the two, but then just decided to get both. if i have to take so much time deciding between two sets, than it's because they are both good and both deserve a buy.
      Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
      Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

Offline vewy_nice

The Bread fills me with joy.

And simple carbohydrates.

But seriously: I've been waiting for a dual-tone brown/tan set forever.
      I have a set of vintage cherry caps that are almost this color, but the mods are... definitely not standard, so it only fits on an ortho board that I never use because I can't type ortho.

Offline GalaxyDynamite

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 25 July 2020, 20:15:07 »

no problem man, glad i was able to point you in the right direction. bread and sloth were *kinda* close, in the sense that they are a similar design (light brown/dark brown). at first i was deciding between the two, but then just decided to get both. if i have to take so much time deciding between two sets, than it's because they are both good and both deserve a buy.
      [/quote]

I'm there with you but I think bread would look the best on a black case and I think sloth would look SO moneybags on a blue case

Offline Anthixious

Would love to own a set of these, however I got here after Alt. Alphas were no longer a thing.

#DealBreaker

:(

Offline GergWorst

Would love to own a set of these, however I got here after Alt. Alphas were no longer a thing.

#DealBreaker

:( Sorry man, out toaster broke down and we couldn't get it back on. We'll have to settle for regular white bread this time.

Offline GalaxyDynamite

Re: [GB] GMK Bread - 5 Days Left! All (remaining) kits will be made!
      « Reply #28 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 09:14:44 »
      dont worry this set is going to look so good

Offline amperrsand

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 23:19:43 »
      I'd say maybe a R2 could have toasted alphas along with other breads, like whole wheat.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 23:35:42 »
      I'd say maybe a R2 could have toasted alphas along with other breads, like whole wheat.

Now this is big brain stuff  ;D, I'd be down for this.

Offline Leyva

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 00:24:45 »
      can't wait!!

Offline solomonshv

#DealBreaker

i wish there was an alt set with the alt alphas. buying a base set and an alt alpha only set is just crazy expensive. at that point you're paying $210 for a base set. i still got a base set, but would have preferred a set with the alt alphas.

Offline sebkow

Do we know when these are going to be shipping out?

Offline solomonshv

Re: [GB] GMK Bread - We got that Bread! Update - R2 Colour Samples and Banderole
      « Reply #34 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 16:15:00 »
      Gmk Sponge Cake arrived, brass pen rail in frame for reference.

Offline lecorsair

Re: [GB] GMK Bread - We got that Bread! Update - R2 Colour Samples and Banderole
      « Reply #35 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 19:50:00 »
      Having been traumatized by GMK Plum, I do feel sorry for you if that is indeed the true colours and not aggressive post-processing by your phone.

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
        • https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
      « Reply #36 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 19:53:40 »
      I personally like the color, but definitely way different than renders. Renders pretty much looked white and they turned out very yellow in real life.

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 22:02:41 »
      Having been traumatized by GMK Plum, I do feel sorry for you if that is indeed the true colours and not aggressive post-processing by your phone.

photographed on an iphone 13 pro. the pictures look accurate to me. here is another picture taken directly under a chandelier with 8x 6500K LED lightbulbs. brass pen rail in picture for reference because there is a brass pen rail in the render. i don't think there is any way to make it look less yellow.

EDIT: link to unedited/uncompressed HEIC photo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gpsYMqQYPaGvmXtR1FwbtOuoDzsVTZRB/view?usp=sharing

i don't hate it, it's just not what i was hoping for. I will still keep it.
      « Last Edit: Mon, 15 November 2021, 22:16:12 by solomonshv »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
      • * Elated Elder
      • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
      « Reply #38 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 22:35:27 »

found a different pic on reddit and it looks OK

a little more yellow than the render but this seems not far off
      QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 23:17:10 »
      Show Image

found a different pic on reddit and it looks OK

a little more yellow than the render but this seems not far off

that's a cool picture, but it doesn't look anything like that in person. the keys are yellow. here are enter keys from analog dreams, Taro and (for the memes) Olivia++ in frame for reference.

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 23:26:27 »
      actually i got something even better to compare the caps to, a Noctua NF A12 fan. i actually expected bread to look like a noctua fan and made jokes about it before.

Offline ben56k

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 04:56:36 »
      the yellow of the alpha is just a no for me. I was just expecting something like render and the ral announced at the start not totally different.
      I was expecting bread not a brioche. (brioche is good but I daily bread and really more bread than brioche sadly)

Offline clickyblob

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 11:08:14 »
      actually i got something even better to compare the caps to, a Noctua NF A12 fan. i actually expected bread to look like a noctua fan and made jokes about it before.

Show Image

I was waiting for my local vendor to start selling extras for this set... but looks like I need to reconsider Thanks for the honest review and pictures!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
      « Reply #43 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 11:09:35 »
      no problem, it's just GMK Banana Bread now. 

Offline 1017BirckenThot

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 11:24:31 »
      What happened here? Did the runner change the alpha RAL color after the GB ended or something? It looks so different.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 13:32:23 »

I thought Buttered Pumpernickel, but I’m holding out till I see pics normalized to your bathroom lighting

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 14:15:30 »
       Embrace the margarine with your Bread...hehe (said with warm love as owner of both GMK Plum and Penumera  :p)

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 16:59:27 »

I thought Buttered Pumpernickel, but I’m holding out till I see pics normalized to your bathroom lighting

i just took a peak at the designer's discord. turns out that they changed the color to something completely different between R1 (RAL 1015) and R2 (RAL 1014) of color matching. so, no amount of "normalizing to your bathroom lighting" is going to fix it. we got screwed.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
      « Reply #48 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 18:25:00 »

i just took a peak at the designer's discord. turns out that they changed the color to something completely different between R1 (RAL 1015) and R2 (RAL 1014) of color matching. so, no amount of "normalizing to your bathroom lighting" is going to fix it. we got screwed.

Show Image

This nonsense of making critical updates on discord after running a IC and GB on Geekhack is pretty fk*d up

Offline Pach

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 22:50:46 »
      someone help me understand what happened because i sure dont

expand
      More

first mistake here is probably letting the community help you color match off of pictures
      im not gonna post every instance of this because its just throughout the whole thing and you can just look in the discord

aw man looks like the brown turned out a little light. wait thats not ral 8008

aw man looks like the beige turned out a little light

i didnt know gmk did this nowadays

yay

yay

wait thats not ral 1015

my colors for comparison. so basically after measuring the ral 1015 sample with a spectrometer to get valid data to send over to gmk so they could get allowed an r2 sample of ral 1015 somewhere in between the world imploded and pantone 155c is now the alpha color

was the first sample from the second picture ral 8008 or pantone 1545c
      and if it was 8008 why was he comparing it to 1545c
      i dont think the designer ever actually said he changed colors anywhere nor were the final colors ever said by him so nobody knows i guess

comparison for reference

and if it was 1545c then i guess gmk just sucked at matching it the first time or some wild lighting
      ...or is it actually 8008 -> 1545c? or even a rumored 8008 -> 8011? or 1545c to 8011 because hell if i know at this point

uh ok

well now we know why

so basically after reading a lot of stuff in the discord server ive come to a logical conclusion that i still have no idea what is going on