Author Topic: Shortboard Review - Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should include?  (Read 1315 times)

Offline IBI

I bought a shortboard about a month ago, and now that I've used it for a while I'm getting ready to write a review on it. I bought it myself to try out the layout - it is rubber dome and not an exceptional one so there won't be great interest here in buying it, but there is a lack of information about it on the internet so I do want to write something and as this is a keyboard forum it's a better place for the review than most.

My current list of points to cover is:

General:
Key feel
layout
construction

Specific points:
LED brightness/colour
delete/insert position
Fn key behavior.
home/pgup/etc.
numlock functionality.
weight.
matrix (WASD and sdfjkl combinations)
feet and difference in feel with them down.

I have the version without the built in hub so I can't check USB1.1/USB2.0 compatibility or speed.

Does anyone have anything they'd like to know about the keyboard or suggestions of things others may be interested in?
Owned: Raptor-Gaming K1 (linear MX)(Broken), IBM Model M UK, Dell AT102W, Left-handed keyboard with Type 1 Simplified Alps.

Offline IBI

Quote from: ripster;95207
I'm sure you would have mentioned key spacing in your "Key Feel" comments buy you can also measure it.

Most of these mini keyboards either get categorized in a review as "unusable for my fat fingers" or "works for my small hands".  That doesn't help me much.

I hadn't thought to mention it, but that's a good point and I'll include a mention that the keys are normal size.
Owned: Raptor-Gaming K1 (linear MX)(Broken), IBM Model M UK, Dell AT102W, Left-handed keyboard with Type 1 Simplified Alps.