Author Topic: [GB] Polaris - GB Complete  (Read 242742 times)

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
Re: [GB] Polaris - Shipping
« Reply #450 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 15:19:15 »
Still waiting on Polaris  :-[

Same for me  :-[

Does it ship according to who order number?
Originally assumed it was by config, but someone on Discord already received (and have had) the exact combination I ordered (rose gold, clear pvd, poly full plate, wkl), so that threw that theory out the window.

Since I ordered on day 1 and still don't have mine or a shipping notification, I doubt it's by order number. I also bought expedited shipping though DHL. They are probably being sent out randomly.

Yeah same here. I don’t think KBD is handling it very well, lol.

Yeah me either. Their responses seem inconsistent as well. Probably won't join another GB through KBD again.

There were delays based on the materials you ordered. Brass parts were finished first, so if your order didn't include PC or FR4 it was shipped first. PC parts finished next and FR4 parts just finished since they had to be remade. If your order included FR4 parts, yours is part of the last batch to be shipped. Plus, they had over 700 orders for this board and you know, global pandemic.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 May 2020, 15:25:02 by Fredington »

Offline koenoe

• My YouTube channel
« Reply #451 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 17:51:37 »

Originally assumed it was by config, but someone on Discord already received (and have had) the exact combination I ordered (rose gold, clear pvd, poly full plate, wkl), so that threw that theory out the window.

Since I ordered on day 1 and still don't have mine or a shipping notification, I doubt it's by order number. I also bought expedited shipping though DHL. They are probably being sent out randomly.

Yeah me either. Their responses seem inconsistent as well. Probably won't join another GB through KBD again.

There were delays based on the materials you ordered. Brass parts were finished first, so if your order didn't include PC or FR4 it was shipped first. PC parts finished next and FR4 parts just finished since they had to be remade. If your order included FR4 parts, yours is part of the last batch to be shipped. Plus, they had over 700 orders for this board and you know, global pandemic.

This doesn’t seem to be true (apart from the pandemic, lol). I’ve ordered two boards on day one with all brass parts and still waiting.

I’ve had inconsistent updates from KBD too about my order. Latest one was that they don’t have grey anymore and waiting for that.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 May 2020, 17:55:04 by koenoe »

Offline Solotov

« Reply #452 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 22:33:09 »
Yeah, mine is only brass as well. We know we just have to wait, but consistent updates would be great  ;D
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline zian_

« Reply #453 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 11:25:44 »

This isn’t true. My order is brass and hasn’t shipped.

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #454 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 13:08:55 »
LOL, I've been offered refund as "no carrier is shipping to your country". And I've got 5 or 6 parcels from Aliexpress in past month. Looks like someone's got a huge backlog and doesn't have enough boards to fulfill.

Offline zian_

« Reply #455 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 19:24:57 »
LOL, I've been offered refund as "no carrier is shipping to your country". And I've got 5 or 6 parcels from Aliexpress in past month. Looks like someone's got a huge backlog and doesn't have enough boards to fulfill.

Yeah, it’s looking more like KBDFans botched this.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #456 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 21:04:34 »

hmm almost like a pandemic happened in the middle of this GB
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #457 on: Sat, 02 May 2020, 23:21:33 »

lol

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #458 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 15:11:33 »

Must be a real tough time to get into one's first group buy -- imagine having clear reasons why delays happen
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #459 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 16:10:42 »

The last GB I entered run by kbdfans (Fusion60) was a ****show as well and it ended with a lot of refunds. i only got mine buy buying another from someone who actually received theirs. My GB slot was never fulfilled. No pandemic excuse back then. I had my doubts about entering this for the same reason but was assured different GB runner, different factory etc. No doubt I appreciate ai03's work and efforts. Still seeing piss-poor involvement on kbdfans' part though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 May 2020, 08:45:33 by nathanchere »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #460 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 17:17:51 »
The last GB I entered run by kbdfans (Fusion60) was a ****show as well and it ended with a lot of refunds. i only got mine buy buying another from someone who actually received theirs. My GB slot was never fulfilled. No pandemic excuse back then. I had my doubts about entering this for the same reason but was assured different GB runner, different factory etc. Still seen piss-poor involvement on kbdfans part though.

You got your money back and bought another slot. **** happens. Move on. Your bad experience with a certain vendor, who in this case happens to be extremely reputable and widely well liked, does not outright prevent them from being set back by ulterior motives or forces in the future. Furthermore, the second bit of your post makes it seem as though you were basically coerced into joining this group buy when I highly doubt that is truthful (and if it is, read the caveat emptor and/or find a new hobby); disingenuous at best, very distasteful take.

Offline zekth

« Reply #461 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 17:30:58 »

This doesn’t seem to be true (apart from the pandemic, lol). I’ve ordered two boards on day one with all brass parts and still waiting.

I’ve had inconsistent updates from KBD too about my order. Latest one was that they don’t have grey anymore and waiting for that.

Still waiting on mine, Brass and Space Grey

Offline Knoxx

• Spends too much on keyboards
« Reply #462 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 23:22:55 »

The last GB I entered run by kbdfans (Fusion60) was a ****show as well and it ended with a lot of refunds. i only got mine buy buying another from someone who actually received theirs. My GB slot was never fulfilled. No pandemic excuse back then. I had my doubts about entering this for the same reason but was assured different GB runner, different factory etc. Still seen piss-poor involvement on kbdfans part though.

You entered the GB of your own accord and knew the risks. In this thread itself you've shown to not read the updates and thus make ungrounded assumptions on what is happening behind the scenes. I'm taking your word with a grain of salt.

Offline beekey

« Reply #463 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 04:40:25 »

So far I have good experience with KBDFans and their support. I just got the Polaris shipping notification today. Maybe we need to be a bit more patient and give them a chance. Having said this, I still think they could be better in communication, especially with many people being uncertain during this outbreak.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #464 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 05:16:30 »
You entered the GB of your own accord and knew the risks. In this thread itself you've shown to not read the updates and thus make ungrounded assumptions on what is happening behind the scenes. I'm taking your word with a grain of salt.
I read updates. I just don't expect to have to join Discord channels to get updates when there is also an official GB thread here and kbdfan's own site for updates.
My 'ungrounded assumption' back when they were still saying shipping December 2019 was I'll be happy if it actually arrives by Q3 2020. I still stand by that.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #465 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 05:57:06 »
Whilst I can't imagine the hectic landscape of running group buys amidst the outbreak, it would be prudent to better clarify what the delay are caused by. If it it's only a matter of time: related to delayed shipping (and warehouse expenses) it does not entirely make sense to me, to offer refunds out of the blue when in fact new shipping notifications roll out daily.

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #466 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 10:29:49 »
It has been mentioned before that they are only shippping 50kgs worth of packages out per day. This includes other orders than just the Polaris GB (+1000 orders). You waited all this time, I think you guys can wait a little bit longer, it will come. Just be patient.

Offline Knoxx

« Reply #467 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 22:30:29 »
I read updates. I just don't expect to have to join Discord channels to get updates when there is also an official GB thread here and kbdfan's own site for updates.
My 'ungrounded assumption' back when they were still saying shipping December 2019 was I'll be happy if it actually arrives by Q3 2020. I still stand by that.

It was in the thread itself and this was pointed out to you. You chose to ignore that and insist that you shouldn't have to go to discord to read updates when there already were in the thread. There is clearly no point talking to you.

Offline koenoe

• My YouTube channel
« Reply #468 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 03:41:08 »
It has been mentioned before that they are only shippping 50kgs worth of packages out per day. This includes other orders than just the Polaris GB (+1000 orders). You waited all this time, I think you guys can wait a little bit longer, it will come. Just be patient.

I think you're missing the point a bit. I think most of us don't mind waiting, but do mind the inconsistent updates/excuses and offered refunds.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 May 2020, 03:43:32 by koenoe »

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #469 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 11:49:39 »
This is one of the absolute worse hobbies to be involved in if you're impatient. I've been lubing switches to keep busy and ordered a DIY Zap cable to break up the monotony.

What really makes my day is checking GH and seeing there's an update on the Polaris thread only to have it be a complaint about the lack of update  :'(

Offline spoopycheezy

« Reply #470 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 13:50:10 »
id love a polaris. to me thats end game. after all that waiting i wouldn't sell it. pains me to see people receive them and flip it soon after.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #471 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 22:51:58 »
id love a polaris. to me thats end game. after all that waiting i wouldn't sell it. pains me to see people receive them and flip it soon after.

bro people need money right now

there's like 30 million people in the US unemployed
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #472 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 01:06:18 »
anyone know how to get into the bootloader mode without pressing the reset key? ( I assembled it already)

I thought it should be press Space+B then power on, but it only works once before I flushing the QMK default polaris firmware.
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #473 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 07:52:04 »
anyone know how to get into the bootloader mode without pressing the reset key? ( I assembled it already)

I thought it should be press Space+B then power on, but it only works once before I flushing the QMK default polaris firmware.

Hold Esc while plugging the board in.

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #474 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 08:38:40 »

thanks!

how could I check this kind of configs in QMK code?
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline spoopycheezy

« Reply #475 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 13:04:50 »

so take money from other people? i mean i get what you're saying but imo thats financial irresponsibility if you're buying keebs you cant afford just for the quick flip. either way im waiting for it to be in-stock and/or b-stock sale.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2020, 13:08:49 by spoopycheezy »

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #476 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 13:23:59 »

so take money from other people? i mean i get what you're saying but imo thats financial irresponsibility if you're buying keebs you cant afford just for the quick flip. either way im waiting for it to be in-stock and/or b-stock sale.

Or people bought it with the intention to fully enjoy the keyboard until they got laid off from their jobs. Now they're scrambling around trying to make ends meet with no source of income? I dont know though, *shrugs*

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #477 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:17:20 »

How else do you get money?

There was a long group buy window to enter here. I share the animosity towards raffle and FCFS flippers; however, selling an item from an open group buy shouldn't be synonymous with flipping.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #478 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:44:00 »
Looking for an extra PCB if anyone has one laying around

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #479 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:49:28 »
If a round 2 ever happens, I'd totally want to build one for my girlfriend haha.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #480 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 15:51:05 »

thanks!

how could I check this kind of configs in QMK code?

Check the keyboard or keymap's rules.mk file.
If you see BOOTMAGIC_ENABLE = yes or BOOTMAGIC_ENABLE = full, you can reset by holding Space+B while plugging in.
If you see BOOTMAGIC_ENABLE = lite, you can reset by holding (usually) Esc while plugging in.
If you see COMMAND_ENABLE = yes, you can reset by pressing LShift+RShift+B or LShift+RShift+Esc at any time while the keyboard is plugged in.

Offline odd

« Reply #481 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 05:30:41 »

same

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #482 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 07:13:27 »
got my tracking info earlier this week. stoked! I think it is random because i ordered the polaris super late in the gb

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #483 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 21:10:01 »
Board feels really nice on first inspection, but man, I wanted yellow, not pumpkin spice

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #484 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 21:33:30 »
Board feels really nice on first inspection, but man, I wanted yellow, not pumpkin spice

Show Image

this man pm'd me about this as if i have any say about it lmao
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #485 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 21:42:18 »

Show Image

I thought you ran this place?

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #486 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 21:56:46 »

Show Image

I, for one, demand answers
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #487 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 22:00:48 »

Show Image

I, for one, demand answers

it's orange

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #488 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 22:03:52 »
orange case bad

Offline PoohGom

« Reply #489 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 00:37:38 »

Show Image

No..... I ordered a yellow case too... have you contacted KBDfans about this?

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #490 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 01:41:20 »

Show Image

That's just how it be my dude. I don't think you're gonna get any remake/refund, but people are buying it above GB price so if you really can't live with it you can make a few bucks I guess.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #491 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 02:38:46 »

Show Image

That's just how it be my dude. I don't think you're gonna get any remake/refund, but people are buying it above GB price so if you really can't live with it you can make a few bucks I guess.

Mmm, that's orange for sure but still looks :fire:
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline A.Belousov

« Reply #492 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 04:07:40 »
What's the status on boards with PC plates? I suppose those are still slowly shipping as I haven't received tracking yet.

I believe either all or at least a significant portion is simply awaiting packing, sorting, and shipping.

I ordered two aluminum boards with a poly full plate and haven't received any updates on it. Should I be expecting it to ship soon? I am in the US.

Similarly to the above, it is simply taking a while to sort and ship out so many boards.

Good sir, please give us more Polaris keyboards soon, so many people want them, but cant buy,  only hope for R2

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #493 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 04:42:18 »
It was in the thread itself and this was pointed out to you. You chose to ignore that and insist that you shouldn't have to go to discord to read updates when there already were in the thread. There is clearly no point talking to you.

What "it" are you carrying on about? Some random saying "I heard x on discord" is not an official update, it's hearsay at best. Other than for that, there's no point where someone with any authority gave an update that I ignored, by choice or otherwise. If you want to be a ****head about it though, yeah, there's clearly no point talking to me.

Offline peterg

« Reply #494 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 07:32:57 »
ai03 posted in this thread that a 65% Polaris is planned after this GB, but with the current situation it might have to wait until people get their jobs back  :(

Offline syberghost

« Reply #495 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 08:01:47 »
ai03 posted in this thread that a 65% Polaris is planned after this GB, but with the current situation it might have to wait until people get their jobs back  :(

It's called Vega, and it's pretty far along in the design process, so hopefully he can go to an IC soon.

Show Image

Keep in mind that the first proto picture was taken by the manufacturer using a cellphone camera, and didn't accurately show the colors of that proto. Polaris ended up going through multiple manufacturers (one couldn't maintain quality, the second choice decided to stop being a keyboard manufacturer in the middle of multiple projects), and the final color was the third manufacturer's attempt to match the physical prototype, not the bad picture.

I realize this is cold comfort to people who bought caps based on the picture, but even if you had that actual prototype in your hands, they wouldn't have matched, and there was nothing the GB runners could have done about that.

yes, I'm the guy who put box jades on a Polaris

Offline Knoxx

« Reply #496 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 08:09:08 »

What "it" are you carrying on about? Some random saying "I heard x on discord" is not an official update, it's hearsay at best. Other than for that, there's no point where someone with any authority gave an update that I ignored, by choice or otherwise. If you want to be a ****head about it though, yeah, there's clearly no point talking to me.

You are very clearly blind. ai03 himself posted in this thread updates and someone brought this up to you. You wouldn't know because you didn't read it. There's no point talking to you because you close your eyes to everything brought to your attention as long as it doesn't fit what you think is true.

Please refer to page 7 to see how much of an idiot you are.

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #497 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 10:39:18 »
The point of the proto photo is to give you a reasonable expectation. It looks like a solid shade of orange but it's clearly not yellow; it might as well be green.

Offline syberghost

« Reply #498 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 10:48:45 »
The point of the proto photo is to give you a reasonable expectation. It looks like a solid shade of orange but it's clearly not yellow; it might as well be green.

Absolutely; but the GB runners didn't take that photo. At that point they were in the same boat as everybody else, the photo was taken by a manufacturer, GB runners didn't have the proto in their hands. It's not a good idea to make colorway decisions that early in the process; even if NOTHING had changed, and that manufacturer had ended up making all the boards exactly the same color as that proto, it wouldn't have matched that photo.

The eventual manufacturer was matching the proto, not the bad photo.
yes, I'm the guy who put box jades on a Polaris

Offline PoohGom

« Reply #499 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 12:06:36 »

Show Image

It's okay... I have no intention on selling my order or any of my other keyboards. If I do receive an orange case, I will just have to buy a new keyset to match it ^^