Author Topic: [GB] Polaris - GB Complete  (Read 242735 times)

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

Re: [GB] Polaris - Shipping
« Reply #500 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 11:06:58 »
I ordered yellow so I'll have to wait until it's in my hands to make the call. Maybe this is what my sealed skiidata has been waiting for. In hindsight, I'm really digging the rose gold builds I've seen. Worse case scenario, I'll build it, if I don't like it, I'll flip it; if I love it and can't deal with the color, I'll cerakote it. I'm assuming you can cerakote over electrophoresis...

Offline donkey

« Reply #501 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 17:38:02 »
I just got my DHL shipment notification. w00t!

FYI: My order includes previously delayed FR-4 half-plate so I think the only thing standing in the way for everyone is the shipping queue.

I'll post again when it actually arrives. Cheers!

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #502 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 23:37:17 »
Board feels really nice on first inspection, but man, I wanted yellow, not pumpkin spice

Show Image

There go my plans for matching mine with Serika...

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #503 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 14:29:00 »
Man the E-Yellow situation is sooo frustrating. If they knew it was going to be that much variance from what was presented, why not at least offer people a different option? I think it was bad business to send them out like this and makes me want to avoid any future KBDFans GBs, no matter the price deal. I was willing to accept imperfect finish (scuffs/lines/etc.) but come on, to whom does that color appear to be yellow???

Offline stroodl

« Reply #504 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 15:06:09 »
For your board to be able to be delivered in the US did you have to send KBDFANS $20 for shipping or is there an invoice of some sort?

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #505 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 16:36:49 »
Man the E-Yellow situation is sooo frustrating. If they knew it was going to be that much variance from what was presented, why not at least offer people a different option? I think it was bad business to send them out like this and makes me want to avoid any future KBDFans GBs, no matter the price deal. I was willing to accept imperfect finish (scuffs/lines/etc.) but come on, to whom does that color appear to be yellow???

I wouldn't sweat it too much until you have yours in your hands and can see for yourself; I'd definitely be interested in a photo if you do have an e-yellow.

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #506 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 16:39:06 »
For your board to be able to be delivered in the US did you have to send KBDFANS $20 for shipping or is there an invoice of some sort?

I used EMS b/c it was originally free shipping; however, due to shipping issues, I changed my address and opted for DHL. KBD support said they would invoice me for shipping. I haven't been invoiced yet so I'm guessing my order isn't ready. I'm waiting on a Polaris and Simple JA.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #507 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 19:40:26 »
Still looking for a grey WKL kit pref with matte black weight if anyone is selling theirs.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline InediblePi

« Reply #508 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 20:59:42 »
Looking to trade my space gray WKL Polaris for a black WKL Polaris! Pm if interested.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #509 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 01:03:55 »

I wouldn't sweat it too much until you have yours in your hands and can see for yourself; I'd definitely be interested in a photo if you do have an e-yellow.
In my hands...

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #510 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 10:29:34 »

In my hands...
Show Image

:-\

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #511 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 12:16:58 »
LOL!  It's school bus yellow instead of that light yellow they showed in the IC pictures.  I wonder how the mixup like that happens (entirely different color here, not a minor nitpick by pedantic keyboardists).  Still waiting for mine to come - on the plus side I already have a matching keyset for that color and was gonna have to find something for the original yellow  :p
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #512 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 12:32:32 »
LOL!  It's school bus yellow instead of that light yellow they showed in the IC pictures.  I wonder how the mixup like that happens (entirely different color here, not a minor nitpick by pedantic keyboardists).  Still waiting for mine to come - on the plus side I already have a matching keyset for that color and was gonna have to find something for the original yellow 
Exactly! Like what color blind person was assigned to this project? At minimum have the proto nearby to compare.

Also, to all "E-Yellow" buyers, I reached out to KBDfans to exchange if they had something more similar to what was presented. Here is the response:

"This color is correct ,have no issues.all other sets are same 

If you can not accept it ,Pls return back to the Chinese address ,Thanks "

So ALL of the E Yellow will look the same, if you haven't gotten a shipping email and do not want this color then I suggest you reach out to say do not send and please refund. Otherwise you will have to bite the bullet and pay for shipping back to China during this crisis.

Offline vi0till

« Reply #513 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 13:00:41 »
LOL!  It's school bus yellow instead of that light yellow they showed in the IC pictures.  I wonder how the mixup like that happens (entirely different color here, not a minor nitpick by pedantic keyboardists).  Still waiting for mine to come - on the plus side I already have a matching keyset for that color and was gonna have to find something for the original yellow 
Exactly! Like what color blind person was assigned to this project? At minimum have the proto nearby to compare.

Also, to all "E-Yellow" buyers, I reached out to KBDfans to exchange if they had something more similar to what was presented. Here is the response:

"This color is correct ,have no issues.all other sets are same

If you can not accept it ,Pls return back to the Chinese address ,Thanks "

So ALL of the E Yellow will look the same, if you haven't gotten a shipping email and do not want this color then I suggest you reach out to say do not send and please refund. Otherwise you will have to bite the bullet and pay for shipping back to China during this crisis.
Believe the color reference is Tofu E-yellow, which based on the picture, similar to what Polaris color is. Since I do not own Tofu E-yellow, maybe anyone can confirm this.

Quite sad with the e-yellow color, maybe I will just pair with Kaiju, altho the color might be a bit off.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline rath_k

« Reply #514 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 17:35:44 »

Honestly you might as well just receive the board and try to trade it for a color that you like.

If you aren't interested in trading then you can just sell it on the aftermarket. The demand is pretty high for polaris on the aftermarket right now, I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem finding a buyer that pays GB price plus shipping.

Edit: I would buy yellow polaris if you arent interested
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 May 2020, 21:15:34 by rath_k »

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #515 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 18:09:55 »
If anyone has a school bus yellow polaris that they don't want, pm me and I'll gladly buy if off you for what you paid + shipping :)

Offline Bits

« Reply #516 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 23:00:16 »
Yeah I'm pretty bummed about the e-yellow situation too. Still waiting on my shipping notification, but if anyone wants to trade their red wkl/hhkb polaris for my e-yellow hhkb polaris when it comes in hmu

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline manzel

« Reply #517 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 02:37:12 »
Why are you guys surprised about the yellow? Basically, all e-yellow boards (e.g. E7-V1, M65-B, KN2.10², Tofu) look like that. And iirc, it also matches the color, which was displayed on the KBDFans store page, pretty well.

Offline donkey

« Reply #518 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 08:40:01 »
AFAIK, Tofu E-Yellow does not look like that.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #519 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 09:38:11 »
Shipping notification aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAA I'm excited

Offline Brez1623

« Reply #520 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 09:43:03 »
That yellow looks terrible compared to what was shown prior to GB. Curious if AI03 will chime in on what happened with the color matching! I would expect he would have had some say in the color matching of this board.

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #521 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 10:08:58 »
Why are you guys surprised about the yellow? Basically, all e-yellow boards (e.g. E7-V1, M65-B, KN2.10², Tofu) look like that. And iirc, it also matches the color, which was displayed on the KBDFans store page, pretty well.
Surely it's not that hard to understand how this was confusing?  If you look on their IC page [1] the yellow everyone in this thread was expecting is shown there a few times.  If you want to be a keyboard pedant there's actually two different yellow shown in that first post so you can argue that even during IC the color was vague.  However neither of these colors shown during IC were the school bus yellow that it looks like people are getting [2].  Some people may have bought the yellow and natural brass color (as shown in the IC) and imagine how bad that will look as natural brass + school bus yellow...

[1] https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100383.msg2753368#msg2753368
[2] https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101904.msg2903067#msg2903067
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #522 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 13:10:08 »
I too, can take that terrible yellow off your hands, pm me

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline xantiema

« Reply #523 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 14:25:59 »
Even an E-Orange will flip for more than what you paid for it. There is literally no reason to ship it back to KBD if you are unsatisfied - that just seems irrational.

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #524 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 14:37:25 »
AFAIK, Tofu E-Yellow does not look like that.

https://kbdfans.com/products/tofu-aluminum-case-e-yellow
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/c02syn/tofu60/
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/g9hp66/mt3_serika_on_eyellow_tofu_68/

IMO looks similar to how the polaris turned out. Color seems to be highly dependent on lighting. The more I look at really orange pictures I see orange and then switch to a yellow one and they all look yellow.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #525 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 15:06:40 »
Even an E-Orange will flip for more than what you paid for it. There is literally no reason to ship it back to KBD if you are unsatisfied - that just seems irrational.

I don't know that the buyer was suggesting that. I think kbdfans suggested that.

I'd certainly be disappointed, but the "flip it on mm" option is a fine option, imo

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #526 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 05:10:50 »
So my Polaris arrived with missing hex screws (small ones at the bottom of the case). Does anyone know what size are these?

Offline xantiema

« Reply #527 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 05:37:31 »
So my Polaris arrived with missing hex screws (small ones at the bottom of the case). Does anyone know what size are these?
Screw specifications should always be listed as information for Case GBs, given how often they strip (and other reasons such as this)  :thumb:

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #528 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 07:17:08 »
To add to that, I wish more keyboards would have Torx screws instead of Hex.

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #529 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 08:53:35 »
Screw specifications should always be listed as information for Case GBs, given how often they strip (and other reasons such as this)  :thumb:

I asked around the discord server and they said it's M2 hex screws.

Offline donkey

« Reply #530 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 09:37:44 »
Urgh. Sure hope my Polaris, currently sitting in LA customs storage, has all the screws.
I'm screwed otherwise (pun intended).

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #531 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 11:20:38 »

Screws:
- Case screws are M2x8mm
- Weight screws are M3x4mm

Hardware-Spec.txt

Offline xantiema

« Reply #532 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 11:34:53 »

Screws:
- Case screws are M2x8mm
- Weight screws are M3x4mm

Hardware-Spec.txt

Much obliged. Do you know if they are countersunk or flat?

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #533 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 11:47:09 »
Much obliged. Do you know if they are countersunk or flat?

weight: countersunk
case: flat (or whatever is the name of this type of screw head)
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 May 2020, 11:49:27 by dmatx1 »

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #534 on: Sun, 17 May 2020, 20:31:10 »
Got a tracking number for my poly+poly
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Solotov

« Reply #535 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 03:38:05 »
Saw you guys were complaining about the yellow. Here is my blue gray Polaris with a blue gray kbdfans's switch opener. lol

Love the board anyway  :thumb:
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #536 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 04:29:40 »
wow, that's not grey at all lol

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #537 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 09:26:07 »
gotta say though its a pretty unique shade of blue, maybe good with the new minimall and the blue accents.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #538 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 09:32:15 »
Board is blue, weight is gray. Blue-gray  :thumb:

Offline ullr

« Reply #539 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 13:58:13 »
I ordered yellow and I was pleasantly surprised to receive something like Nintendo's Spice colorway. No hard feelings from me at all.

Offline ludd3

« Reply #540 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 18:03:35 »
Am I the only one who still havent recieved my Polaris ?

Offline zian_

« Reply #541 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 18:07:07 »

Nope lol

Offline ludd3

« Reply #542 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 18:09:00 »
oh thank you. feels like i was the only one left -.-

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #543 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 19:09:58 »

Nope lol

Same. Gray Alu HHKB with Brass Half-Plate and Poly Half-Plate (and ePBT SimpleJA which is supposed to ship with the Polaris), no shipment notification yet.

Offline donkey

« Reply #544 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 20:09:04 »
My Polaris came in:

- Black case with normal brass weight
- 2 PCBs
- full-brass plate and half-FR4 plate
- all the screws were already screwed in and none missing. Whew.

Half-FR4 plate looked pretty good.
https://www.keebtalk.com/t/what-did-you-get-in-the-mail-today/1572/2109?u=donpark

Offline nycxandy

« Reply #545 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 23:12:42 »
One of the keys (|\) on my PCB crapped out, so I think I need another PCB.   I don't think the Polaris PCB is available anymore, so what are my third party options?

Offline mongoose27

• WKL FTW
« Reply #546 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 00:31:42 »
I'm still waiting on my e-White, WKL, Polaris.  Hope everything is alright with it.

Offline adamjohari

« Reply #547 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 01:45:04 »

Believe the color reference is Tofu E-yellow, which based on the picture, similar to what Polaris color is. Since I do not own Tofu E-yellow, maybe anyone can confirm this.

Quite sad with the e-yellow color, maybe I will just pair with Kaiju, altho the color might be a bit off.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

I graduated from the U of I where our main color is Orange and Blue. Let me know if you want to sell it off :D
After | KBD8X Mk2 | Prophet | Ducky One 2 Mini

GMK Laser | ePBT Kon MoMo | Infinikey Port | Sanctuary Rebirth PBT | GMK Deep Navy

Offline koenoe

• My YouTube channel
« Reply #548 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 04:00:33 »
Anyone willing to sell me a spare PCB?

Offline juliandoucette

« Reply #549 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 17:53:08 »
FTR: I can confirm that the bluegrey is not as advertised. It's a nice colour, I guess... but I wouldn't have ordered it.

PS: I'm leaving this comment because I think it's the appropriate place and format to leave feedback about the group buy. Please excuse my ignorance and negativity if I am incorrect.