Author Topic: [GB] Polaris - GB Complete  (Read 242740 times)

Offline nathanchere

Re: [GB] Polaris - Shipping
« Reply #600 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 04:14:11 »
Bud, the WKL plate supports Tsangan, HHKB and WKL.. the other plate option was for universal which allowed for UK ISO.

The universal supports split space bar too which is what I want.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #601 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 07:36:21 »
You can't go around being upset they don't have a plate you never ordered actively removed from your cart.

If you really want a specific plate that kbd currently don't have; the files are available, you could just have it cut yourself.

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #602 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 10:20:09 »
Did anyone get a dead key on a PCB or have any PCB issues?

Offline syberghost

« Reply #603 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 06:37:25 »
Bud, the WKL plate supports Tsangan, HHKB and WKL.. the other plate option was for universal which allowed for UK ISO.

There were only four plate configurations:

Full plate WKL
Full plate Universal
Half plate WKL
Half plate Universal

It sounds like your complaint is that you didn't receive something that nobody received because it didn't exist.
yes, I'm the guy who put box jades on a Polaris

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #604 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 08:42:47 »

There were only four plate configurations:

Full plate WKL
Full plate Universal
Half plate WKL
Half plate Universal

It sounds like your complaint is that you didn't receive something that nobody received because it didn't exist.

Full plate universal doesn't exist?....

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #605 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 08:44:53 »

Universal plate, split space support.
WKL, no split space support.

Offline Banbu

« Reply #606 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 09:14:57 »

Show Image

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but the split spacebar support shown there is for a standard layout/top, and you've mentioned you bought HHKB? I don't believe it actually has support for split spacebar as HHKB. :(

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #607 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 09:50:21 »

Show Image

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but the split spacebar support shown there is for a standard layout/top, and you've mentioned you bought HHKB? I don't believe it actually has support for split spacebar as HHKB. :(

It works with 1u 1.25u to the left of the space bars which I prefer anyway

Offline syberghost

« Reply #608 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 18:30:20 »

Full plate universal doesn't exist?....

So now they are saying pay an extra $40, and my only choices are for a metal or FR4 plate (not what I wanted) in WKL (I ordered HHKB not WKL)
And you still think this is just 'user error'?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #609 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 19:38:10 »
Did anyone get a dead key on a PCB or have any PCB issues?

Better reach out to Wei, I am sure he will get it fixed or replaced for you. He is usually very fast in responding.

Offline zian_

« Reply #610 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 11:03:50 »
To make it more bull****, the latest email:

HI
Just pay USD$40  via PayPal directly
   Our PayPal account is kbdfans@gmail.com
   Then show me the payment record, we will add it for you

and we have 2 plates for choice , 1 WKL brass Full Steel gold one  2  WKL FR4 Full Steel
which one do u want ?

My payment confirmation included this:

[GB] Polaris 60% Keyboard × 1
E-White / HHKB / Black matte PVD
Plate: Universal Layout - Poly Full

So now they are saying pay an extra $40, and my only choices are for a metal or FR4 plate (not what I wanted) in WKL (I ordered HHKB not WKL)
And you still think this is just 'user error'?

I had the same issue and had to PP them $40. Definitely user error on our end. I don't even care at this point. I just want to board so I can be done with KBDfans.

Offline kidpid

« Reply #611 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 11:41:48 »
My payment confirmation included this:

[GB] Polaris 60% Keyboard × 1
E-White / HHKB / Black matte PVD
Plate: Universal Layout - Poly Full

If you wanted split space then you probably shouldn't have ordered an HHKB case. The HHKB and WKL cases only support a 7u spacebar, and the the only split spacebar option is with a 6u spacebar. So the only reason to get a universal plate for an HHKB case would be to use an ISO enter and split left shift.

Nevermind, I'm wrong. It does work with the 1.25u keys on each side of the space, like you said.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2020, 11:46:13 by kidpid »

Offline zian_

« Reply #612 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 22:37:15 »
KBDFans told me today that their manufacturer said they’d be complete at the end of the month?
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 June 2020, 23:50:10 by zian_ »

Offline Aorozco6

« Reply #613 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 11:49:38 »
Jus out of curiosity am I the only one who still hasn’t gotten their shipping notification?

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #614 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 12:54:20 »
Jus out of curiosity am I the only one who still hasn’t gotten their shipping notification?

There are still some in discord who mentioned they haven't received theirs.

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #615 on: Wed, 17 June 2020, 13:46:25 »
I thought manufacturing finished in January. WTF is going on.
probably COVID
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #616 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 04:06:38 »
KBDFans told me today that their manufacturer said they’d be complete at the end of the month?

You're asking in the wrong thread. kbdfans can do no wrong here. This is clearly another in a 6+ month series of "user errors'  :rolleyes:

Offline ai03

• I do not reply to PMs; contact me via website
    • Website
« Reply #617 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 07:53:49 »
Just received word from KBDfans and the factory:
Some units which arrived at KBDfans were showing imperfections on the weight; additional weights have been re-ordered to replace the faulty ones before the very last units ship.
This should not take too long, since it is just the weights and not a full case replacement.

Offline krautcat

• local the flammable man without identity
« Reply #618 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 13:53:39 »

Greetings from Russia. We have shipping issues. Hope we would get our Polaris this year.  :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #619 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 15:51:47 »
probably COVID

To be fair we can't blame everything on Covid, as people tend to these days. Covid is long gone in China (only very small number of cases here and there) and the country is fully operational since early March. As long as we don't see a second wave in China I think manufacturing side will be solid.

In terms of keyboards and keysets that are made and to come out of China, the only things that Covid still affects are increased shipping costs and shipping delays.

Offline syberghost

« Reply #620 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 20:12:59 »

To be fair we can't blame everything on Covid, as people tend to these days. Covid is long gone in China (only very small number of cases here and there) and the country is fully operational since early March. As long as we don't see a second wave in China I think manufacturing side will be solid.

In terms of keyboards and keysets that are made and to come out of China, the only things that Covid still affects are increased shipping costs and shipping delays.

All of that is wrong, but in any event, all that's going on right now with Polaris is shipping delays, so...

Offline zian_

« Reply #621 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 08:28:36 »

Greetings from Russia. We have shipping issues. Hope we would get our Polaris this year.  :)

Same buddy. Same.

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #622 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 11:12:50 »
To be fair we can't blame everything on Covid, as people tend to these days.
I thought KBDfans said they're having problems shipping things and they were only allowed to ship so many keyboards a day? 
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline zian_

« Reply #623 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 18:41:38 »
I thought KBDfans said they're having problems shipping things and they were only allowed to ship so many keyboards a day?

Who knows. That's what they said. Then they told me it was shipping that week (over a month ago).

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #624 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 00:39:37 »

AFAIK those restrictions are still in effect
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #625 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 05:38:24 »
Well mine finally arrived...

without any f**king plate at all  >:D >:D after being charged extra on top of it. Did anyone else who had to pay extra for the plate get it sent in the same parcel or do they send it separately?

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #626 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 07:51:07 »
I think everyone had to pay extra for a plate if they wanted a plate in that the plate was treated as a separate item which you had to add during checkout.  Copy/pasted my order below and everything came in one box together:

- Polaris 60% Keyboard - E-Yellow / Regular / Black matte PVD $265.00 USD
- Polaris 60% Plate - Universal Layout - Brass Full
---
Total: $308.15 USD

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #627 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 09:40:50 »
I was asked to pay separately and send the payment confirmation which i did. I went to check emails and found they sent this "confirmation" of delivery (attached) which no longer has the plate mentioned in the original confirmation email or the original PayPal receipt. FML...

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #628 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 11:38:08 »
https://imgur.com/a/jQaGqT5

I was never asked to pay extra for shipping - I remember hearing that and thought it was very shady/strange.

The plate does show up on my invoice as a separate line item.

Offline nsyinc

« Reply #629 on: Fri, 03 July 2020, 17:29:21 »
I was asked to pay separately and send the payment confirmation which i did. I went to check emails and found they sent this "confirmation" of delivery (attached) which no longer has the plate mentioned in the original confirmation email or the original PayPal receipt. FML...

how soon did you paypal for the plate after receiving the initial email?

Offline xantiema

« Reply #630 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 16:42:09 »
Still haven't gotten a shipping notification  :))

Offline Zach

« Reply #631 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 17:02:46 »
Still haven't gotten a shipping notification  :))
Same.  I recently contacted them and was told it would be about 3 more weeks... but we'll see :]
Whale x2 | Salamander | E6.5 x2 | E8.5 | Nunu | 2.0 ADD | 8XV2.0 | 1.2 OG | Noah | Polaris | Vega | Infinitum | KFE CE | Jaguar | Frog  | Whale75 | Mode80 | Kei | Mode65 | E7v2 SE | Dolphinv3 | *165 | *Tomo | *Cloudline | *Kage | *Bias | *3.0

Offline xantiema

« Reply #632 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 17:10:16 »
Same.  I recently contacted them and was told it would be about 3 more weeks... but we'll see :]

Great, will check back in 9 weeks then  :p

Offline krautcat

« Reply #633 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 05:50:06 »
I think we should target shipping time in the end of the year.

Offline ai03

• Website
« Reply #634 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 04:32:02 »
Hoping to see full delivery very soon.
All buyers still awaiting delivery have been contacted by KBDfans regarding the weight, which should help speed things up until the last of the units are complete.
As for the other logistical issues, I suggest contacting KBDfans; at this point this project is more or less entirely in their hands save for what I can do regarding assembly support.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #635 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 09:55:38 »
Hoping to see full delivery very soon.
All buyers still awaiting delivery have been contacted by KBDfans regarding the weight, which should help speed things up until the last of the units are complete.
As for the other logistical issues, I suggest contacting KBDfans; at this point this project is more or less entirely in their hands save for what I can do regarding assembly support.

Regarding the weight? Not in the loop. Also haven't been contacted as of yet

Offline Aorozco6

Re: [GB] Polaris - Nearly complete
« Reply #636 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 13:46:35 »
I think the email was for people who had gotten brass weight. So what the email basically said was because they were having problems with the clear PVD coating we had 2 choices. We could either go with just a regular clear coat on the brass or we could switch it to a dark grey PVD coat.

Offline Aorozco6

« Reply #637 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 13:52:15 »
I think the email was for people who had gotten brass weight. So what the email basically said was because they were having problems with the clear PVD coating we had 2 choices. We could either go with just a regular clear coat on the brass or we could switch it to a dark grey PVD coat.
Excuse me what I meant to say was the email was probably for everybody who chose that clear PVD coat for the brass weight.

Offline Aorozco6

« Reply #638 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 23:07:42 »
So I had recently gotten my shipping notification which i was excited for but today I got an email notifying me that the package was sent back to the shipper. Has anybody else gotten the same email? And is there anything i should do?

Offline manzel

« Reply #639 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 06:02:05 »
I also had this with another package from KBDFans. In my case, they shipped it again after about a week without me having to do anything.

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #640 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 08:56:53 »
Same here with my Polaris, a few days later it shipped again
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline ai03

• Website
« Reply #641 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 09:06:41 »
Just got a close-to-final word from KBDfans:

All Polaris orders are in the process of shipping save for one order: the buyer purchased a Polaris case and assembly service without ordering a plate, making board assembly impossible.
If you are the one who purchased this configuration, KBDfans has sent you many emails in an attempt to reach out; please check your inbox and spam folder.
If there is no response, we will simply make do with whatever spare plate we have on hand.

Aside from that, this group buy is basically as close to concluded as can be for the time being.

---

Now the next challenge is to handle the over 300 QC rejected brass parts, recoating them with a different finish and matching them to brand new cases. Hopefully such will be a significantly more environmentally friendly choice than throwing them all out, and will open up opportunities for more people to obtain a unit if they missed the GB.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 August 2020, 09:12:33 by ai03 »

Offline kevchigga

« Reply #642 on: Thu, 13 August 2020, 12:57:27 »

All Polaris orders are in the process of shipping save for one order: the buyer purchased a Polaris case and assembly service without ordering a plate, making board assembly impossible.
If you are the one who purchased this configuration, KBDfans has sent you many emails in an attempt to reach out; please check your inbox and spam folder.
If there is no response, we will simply make do with whatever spare plate we have on hand.

Aside from that, this group buy is basically as close to concluded as can be for the time being.

---

Now the next challenge is to handle the over 300 QC rejected brass parts, recoating them with a different finish and matching them to brand new cases. Hopefully such will be a significantly more environmentally friendly choice than throwing them all out, and will open up opportunities for more people to obtain a unit if they missed the GB.

WOOHOO! I would love to purchase a Polaris with one of the rejected weight that did not make QC or something since I missed out on the initial GB ):

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #643 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 03:56:41 »

---

Or maybe even just offer them as-is B-stock. It's not like you see it most of the time anyway, and I imagine there are people who would be happier to get it refinished themselves with something like cerakote.

Offline krautcat

Re: [GB] Polaris - 99.9% complete
« Reply #644 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 04:18:12 »
Wow, there're no emails from KBDFans. I don't have assembly service. I haven't got any words about my order. Just... Silence.

I love Wei.

I think my Polaris just doesn't exist and my existence is invalid.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2020, 04:21:09 by krautcat »

Offline ai03

• Website
Re: [GB] Polaris - 99.9% complete
« Reply #645 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 09:59:19 »
Wow, there're no emails from KBDFans. I don't have assembly service. I haven't got any words about my order. Just... Silence.

I love Wei.

I think my Polaris just doesn't exist and my existence is invalid.

I have also heard one notice that there exist orders which are simply impossible to ship due to the logistics chain being broken from KBDfans to the delivery target (i.e. shipments halted or temporarily suspended due to the pandemic). As much as it is important to contact KBDfans regarding the matter, please verify that it is indeed possible to deliver to the specified address as of the time being.

Offline TopreMoon

« Reply #646 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 16:09:40 »

What's the best way to keep up to date about these? This thread?

Offline Knoxx

• Spends too much on keyboards
« Reply #647 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 19:21:54 »

What's the best way to keep up to date about these? This thread?

The ai03 discord.

Offline ai03

• Website
Re: [GB] Polaris - Complete (for the time being)
« Reply #648 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 11:42:14 »
Polaris GB complete (as much as it can be for the time being)

It's been quite an eventful 12 months, but at last all 1000+ units of Polaris have shipped, save for a single unit for which there is no logistic route available (shipping route suspended due to covid/political reasons). This last order will be shipped as soon as the route is re-opened; aside from that, the Polaris GB is complete for the time being.
Thank you once again for everyone who has supported me and Kevinplus along the way on our first very-high volume GB, and to KBDfans for making it possible. We will continue to put in our best efforts with the other upcoming projects.

Polaris extra units

Yes, this will happen. We will refinish a massive pile of hundreds of QC reject brass weights to A-stock standards, manufacture new cases and PCBs to pair them with, and sell them once they are ready.
This may be a chance to obtain a Polaris if you missed out on the original group buy. As is typical, there is no estimate on completion date since manufacturing takes quite some time.

Offline Rafa_n

Re: [GB] Polaris - Complete (for the time being)
« Reply #649 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 12:59:32 »
Congrats on the GB, you made an excellent board. The quality and features are especially incredible considering the price it was sold for.

Well done, and good luck on you next boards, I'm hopping for another 60% in the future myself  :thumb: