Author Topic: keep getting 502 error  (Read 2229 times)

Offline jonathanyu

keep getting 502 error
« on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:11:16 »
just like what the title said... keep getting 502 proxy error, but I am not using a proxy :confused: anyone got the same error?

Offline jacobolus

Offline jonathanyu

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: keep getting 502 error
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:45:21 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63345.0
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63187.0
so it is part of the Timeout Errors ?
I don't think it is a time out error (not the ones I have been getting tonight anyway). I am getting the error instantly, so if its a timeout error, the timeout is less than 3 seconds (which should not be the case).

Hoff or whoever is maintaining the servers, ping me if you need a hand troubleshooting. This fits into my professional expertise and I can usually track down these types of issues pretty well. Offer is open if you guys need a hand.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 22:51:08 »
Oh, sorry, I somehow thought you were talking about the timeouts. It’s possible this is slightly different.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 00:39:07 »
Personally I would assume the partition the attachments are saved to, is full but the CMS isn't robust enough to know why it can't write to the drive -- just that the web server your browser is looking, tried to hand the attachment off to another web server, who said back to the first web server 'nope' and you get the 500-series reply.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 12:28:25 »
Personally I would assume the partition the attachments are saved to, is full but the CMS isn't robust enough to know why it can't write to the drive -- just that the web server your browser is looking, tried to hand the attachment off to another web server, who said back to the first web server 'nope' and you get the 500-series reply.
This is what I was expecting as well.