Author Topic: [IC]Maxkey Lime (GB live for EU and Taiwan,China)  (Read 45100 times)

Offline anhkieet

Re: [IC]Maxkey Lime (updated July 28th)
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 21:47:51 »
Can you add arrow "icon" keys into novelties set?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 23:01:06 »
Hi,

Idk why people are mentioning Keyclack sales, when this is an interest check about the set. Can we focus on the set?

I feel like sales numbers are 100% irrelevant to the success of a set. The success of a set does not mean how many it sold. I think a successful set is how it turns out and how people receive it.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline darthzero

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 03:00:30 »
I've got an idea for 2 noveltys... ISO LEFT SHIFT AND ****ING ISO ENTER :D thx^^
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 04:22:15 »
I've got an idea for 2 noveltys... ISO LEFT SHIFT AND ****ING ISO ENTER :D thx^^

I am with you!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline KoburaV4

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 13:30:14 »
I'm all over this set, just got my POK3R II from Massdrop, and a new Leopold 660... I need to dress them up soon.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #105 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 18:22:33 »
This might be the last update before Maxkey Lime launches, last 2 renders from Thesiscamper.

Unlike other Maxkey sets, Lime will have text arrows.

174620-0

174622-1

Offline colgateam

Re: [IC]Maxkey Lime (updated July 31st)
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 21:40:32 »
So glad Maxkey decided to update and create new tooling!

Genuine SP competition now

Offline rideh

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 21:56:09 »
Can we get a terminal/vim addon kit for this replace ~ with >_ and colored movement keys?   Also if there was WASD please add EF for the ESDF users.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 July 2017, 22:04:55 by rideh »

Offline darthzero

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 01:42:38 »
will provide samples for verification

any news on that? also whats up with iso comp?
and how much will this set cost?
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 July 2017, 01:53:37 by darthzero »

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 05:02:11 »

Samples will not be provided before the GB runs because they need 2 months for the new tooling, and it will be meaningless to ask samples for now.
And I don't wanna delay the GB because AFAIK, there are a lot of sets looking to run with Maxkey as they are fixing issues, I don't wanna risk Lime in Maxkey with SP-ish backlog.
They will provide 2 sample sets to me and jchan for verification before they start the production.
For ISO compatibility, I'm afraid it's not gonna happen because they don't have that mold, making novelties is really pricy with them, and it's a fixed pricing for 10 novelties.
as for pricing, it's not set yet. But most likely it will be at $100 for the whole set.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 July 2017, 05:06:20 by kingnestea »

Offline Petch

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 06:46:41 »
Looks great but until maxkey start including R3 control and supporting more layouts (75%/1800/HHKB), I will be passing

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 07:40:10 »
Looks great but until maxkey start including R3 control and supporting more layouts (75%/1800/HHKB), I will be passing

I think 1800 is covered? And we are adding a R4 FN for 65% and 75%

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 08:34:00 »
You know, I think I'll get this set but call it SA Genji  :D

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 08:43:50 »
soooo, this being maxkeys is a definite NO for ISO support I guess?

oh well, saves me money ;)

Offline darthzero

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 15:44:28 »

Samples will not be provided before the GB runs because they need 2 months for the new tooling, and it will be meaningless to ask samples for now.
And I don't wanna delay the GB because AFAIK, there are a lot of sets looking to run with Maxkey as they are fixing issues, I don't wanna risk Lime in Maxkey with SP-ish backlog.
They will provide 2 sample sets to me and jchan for verification before they start the production.
For ISO compatibility, I'm afraid it's not gonna happen because they don't have that mold, making novelties is really pricy with them, and it's a fixed pricing for 10 novelties.
as for pricing, it's not set yet. But most likely it will be at $100 for the whole set.
Thanks for your detailed answer, sheds some light on the way this whole thing works... So no use pushing gb organizers to demand ISO support :/ i thought if every gb runner asked for it they maybe see the demand and make it happen, but as of now they didn't...
Have they told you what it would cost to make that ISO Enter possible? I guess the rest of the keys are not the issue.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 17:22:53 »

Thanks for your detailed answer, sheds some light on the way this whole thing works... So no use pushing gb organizers to demand ISO support :/ i thought if every gb runner asked for it they maybe see the demand and make it happen, but as of now they didn't...
Have they told you what it would cost to make that ISO Enter possible? I guess the rest of the keys are not the issue.

Things work quite differently with Maxkey than with SP, you can't just add one key. They actually use multi-mold for several keys, like for novelties, it's 10 keys per mold.
I guess it has something to do with their current tooling. Maybe it will change in the future but as for now, I think it's not worth to do it.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 17:24:00 »
Added a R4 FN key to gain compatibility for 65% and 75% layouts

174717-0

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 20:23:13 »

Things work quite differently with Maxkey than with SP, you can't just add one key. They actually use multi-mold for several keys, like for novelties, it's 10 keys per mold.
I guess it has something to do with their current tooling. Maybe it will change in the future but as for now, I think it's not worth to do it.

The issue is there are 2 different parts. The mold and the legend plate. They for example have a mold of a 1u key (each profile), then use different legend plates for different keys. (They likely have lots and lots of 1u keys per mold like he said above.) But the important part is that even for novelties, they don't change the molds, only the legend plates. The molds are an order of magnitude more expensive. My guess is the issue here is that they don't have an iso enter MOLD. So while the cost of fixing a key or a novelty is only ~$500, I'd guess that an iso enter mold would easily be at least like 10-20x that, likely a lot more. Especially since they wouldn't just have to make the mold, they would have to design it or rip off someone else's design and then make sure they got the tolerances right (thermal stresses and whatnot).

I do think it is worth pursuing for those who are actually interested in iso compatibility, but it's going to massively increase the cost of whatever set the mold gets produced with and will be a tough sell to those who have no need of iso. It would likely fare better as a euro focused set with the singular purpose of getting the mold made. It's also possible they will be more open to it if the updated molds for this set help drive better maxkey sales and they see the value in more customization. It may well be something maxkey is currently refusing to do but could be done later.

Offline lzlzh035

Re: [IC]Maxkey Lime (updated August 1st)
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 11:29:46 »
Sorry I might miss it but, when will the GB open? will there be a link in this post?

Offline iskalamberge

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 15:24:27 »
this is something I will not miss out on getting. text arrow keys looking really gorgeous! Thank you for bringing in this awesome set to life

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 15:47:21 »
Gotta grow the green!  I'm in it to win it

174845-0

Offline Axiomatik

« Reply #121 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 17:43:50 »
Think I'm going to join this drop. I love the green accents. Not the biggest fan of the novelties they remind me of Lay's Limon Chips (I do like the white/green lime escape key though)

« Last Edit: Wed, 02 August 2017, 17:46:24 by Axiomatik »
-Axiomatik

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 18:29:58 »
They'd need more than 50% new legends to fix all the problems, it's not going to happen, they are making promises they can't keep if they told you that.

Really sorry to be negative, I love your set and I hope it does really well. Liking it so much is why I'm so bummed it's gonna be done through Maxkey. They still take forever, I don't understand why anyone is okay with that level of quality. Their caps should cost $15 a set until they fix their issues. Sorry, just how I feel. Really do wish you luck with the set.

I had a longer rant about the rest of your post because it's rather ignorant and misleading but I'm trying not to derail this thread further as others have done that already.

I can't let this go though- How can you possibly lie on here and say Maxkeys (4 months) vs SP (12+ months) is "close enough" to insinuate that "They still take forever"

This set looks great and I'm stoked that it's Maxkeys vs SP. I have multiple sets from both vendors and I can't possibly understand how you could reach a conclusion where they are only worth $15, it's jarring really- If you're selling your sets for $15 please, post them now.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 August 2017, 18:36:38 by schoolbus »
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 18:37:26 »
They'd need more than 50% new legends to fix all the problems, it's not going to happen, they are making promises they can't keep if they told you that.

Really sorry to be negative, I love your set and I hope it does really well. Liking it so much is why I'm so bummed it's gonna be done through Maxkey. They still take forever, I don't understand why anyone is okay with that level of quality. Their caps should cost $15 a set until they fix their issues. Sorry, just how I feel. Really do wish you luck with the set.

I had a longer rant about the rest of your post because it's rather ignorant and misleading but I won't derail this thread further as others have done that already.

I can't let this go though- How can you possibly lie on here and say Maxkeys (4 months) vs SP (12+ months) is "close enough" to insinuate that "They still take forever"

This set looks great and I'm stoked that it's Maxkeys vs SP. I have multiple sets from both vendors and I can't possibly understand how you could reach a conclusion where they are only worth $15, it's jarring really- If you're selling your sets for $15 please, post them now.

I just wanna know what problems he sees with HALF the keys. I mean what level of tolerances are you wanting/expecting?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 10:00:22 »
Sorry I might miss it but, when will the GB open? will there be a link in this post?

The GB will be on keyclack.com. It supposed to be open this week, but they are having some API issues, so the actual launch date depends on when it gets fixed.

Price should be $100 or $105 for the whole set. Shipping in Oct. 2017.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 August 2017, 14:01:52 by kingnestea »

Offline lovetree

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 10:17:15 »

(Attachment Link)

I think R3 1u win keys or super keys are required to support Tsangan bottom line using 7 u spacebar.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 August 2017, 19:24:30 by lovetree »

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 13:01:41 »

(Attachment Link)

I think R3 1u win keys for super keys are required to support Tsangan bottom line using 7 u spacebar.

True, I removed a R1 1u novelty and added 2 R3 1u novelties, forgot to upload the kit render.

Those 2 R3 1u novelties are the same, this is due to mold limitation. There might be some change of the base kit layout too, according to Maxkey because they are trying to add more keys to gain compatibility.

174914-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 August 2017, 13:04:05 by kingnestea »

Offline Jubileus

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 05 August 2017, 08:42:21 »
Groupbuy seems to be open on taobao. Is this legit?

Offline longnt

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 10:38:02 »
I have the same question, too

Offline jurai

« Reply #129 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 11:17:42 »
I'm guessing it's legit considering they have renders on the listing that aren't included in this thread, be nice to have an official word tho

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 16:34:16 »
I have the same question, too

I'm guessing it's legit considering they have renders on the listing that aren't included in this thread, be nice to have an official word tho

It is open on Taobao, for US and EU we are still waiting for keyclack to solve their payment API issue, it should be up somewhere next week.

I'll edit this thread once it's on keyclack.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 August 2017, 17:41:50 by kingnestea »

Offline kingnestea

Re: [IC]Maxkey Lime (updated August 6th: information regarding GB)
« Reply #131 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 16:51:09 »
As of the last update regarding my last conversation with Maxkey. We are sharing the cost for fix molds because we requested more issues to be fixed than they were planned to.

~15 issues will be fixed including ESC/BACKSPACE/RETURN/SHIFT/CAPS/CTRL/ALT/F1/DELETE and some legend thickness of the alphas.

And Lime is gonna be made with glossy surface finish. Maxkey will provide 2 full sets to me and jchan for verification of colors/novelties/surface finish/fixed issues.

More details will be announced by the time keyclack launches.

Besides these, Maxkey is still in a process of adjusting their tooling, so there might be some minor changes of the basic layout to gain more compatibilities, but we don't know what's possible yet, neither do they.

The kit layout shown and used for GB is the least you will get, any improvement of compatibility will be bonus free of charge.  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 August 2017, 17:41:16 by kingnestea »

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #132 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 20:48:58 »
As of the last update regarding my last conversation with Maxkey. We are sharing the cost for fix molds because we requested more issues to be fixed than they were planned to.

~15 issues will be fixed including ESC/BACKSPACE/RETURN/SHIFT/CAPS/CTRL/ALT/F1/DELETE and some legend thickness of the alphas.

And Lime is gonna be made with glossy surface finish. Maxkey will provide 2 full sets to me and jchan for verification of colors/novelties/surface finish/fixed issues.

Besides these, Maxkey is still in a process of adjusting their tooling, so there might be some minor changes of the basic layout to gain more compatibilities, but we don't know what's possible yet, neither do they.

The kit layout shown and used for GB is the least you will get, any improvement of compatibility will be bonus free of charge.  :) :) :)

That's more fixes than I was expecting. It might be enough to get me on board. I really really hope J and 8 centering is known about. Also when you say F1.. does that mean 1 will still be a different font than the F keys?

Great work on this set
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 01:23:39 »

That's more fixes than I was expecting. It might be enough to get me on board. I really really hope J and 8 centering is known about. Also when you say F1.. does that mean 1 will still be a different font than the F keys?

Great work on this set

J is fixed as well, for F1 I meant the "1" will be fixed to match other F keys

These are some of the confirmed fixes I got from them.

175233-0

« Last Edit: Mon, 07 August 2017, 01:30:14 by kingnestea »

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 07:07:33 »
Wow, they're really doing it! Fantastic.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Kaleidoscope

• I need to get over this clack addiction.
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 10:28:21 »
This is gonna be lit. Kind of bummed there is no Plank kit but I can make it work with the keys available. Will be nice to have some more R3 1u mods though, as well as a 2u green spacebar to make it fit nicer on a Planck

Offline Petch

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 10:58:05 »
So no chance of R3 control? The image earlier in the thread said R3, but it seemed like R4 to me

R2 1.5u backspace would be nice too

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 13:02:45 »
So no chance of R3 control? The image earlier in the thread said R3, but it seemed like R4 to me

R2 1.5u backspace would be nice too

What do you mean R3 control? The bottom row is R3

Offline iskalamberge

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 13:06:47 »
it's getting sweeter on every update. This is just perfect! it looks like the LimeWire p2p app from the yester years. :D

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 16:31:08 »
That looks amazing! They really are fixing all the major issues! I really got the vibe they only wanted to do 2 or 3 things so this is insanely good news. I'm sorry for any negativity earlier, this kind of error just really bothers me on keys and I am in love with your colorway.
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 17:53:57 »
That looks amazing! They really are fixing all the major issues! I really got the vibe they only wanted to do 2 or 3 things so this is insanely good news. I'm sorry for any negativity earlier, this kind of error just really bothers me on keys and I am in love with your colorway.

They were gonna fix 2 or 3 things, but we requested more and are sharing their cost for all the extra fixes.
I struggled a lot when I decided to do Lime with Maxkey. I'm a enthusiast and collector as well. I really love this colorway myself and wanna make it as perfect as possible, at least acceptable.
So Maxkey wasn't my first choice as everyone knows. But SP's backlog is really painful.
I can't justify myself for asking everyone to put down $180 and wait a year or more for a keycap set.
So I'm hoping with all the efforts I put in this project will bring some change to Maxkey.

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 18:02:25 »
They were gonna fix 2 or 3 things, but we requested more and are sharing their cost for all the extra fixes.
I struggled a lot when I decided to do Lime with Maxkey. I'm a enthusiast and collector as well. I really love this colorway myself and wanna make it as perfect as possible, at least acceptable.
So Maxkey wasn't my first choice as everyone knows. But SP's backlog is really painful.
I can't justify myself for asking everyone to put down $180 and wait a year or more for a keycap set.
So I'm hoping with all the efforts I put in this project will bring some change to Maxkey.

Really appreciate all the work you've put into this man! Absolutely cannot wait for this set.

Offline Kaleidoscope

• I need to get over this clack addiction.
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 19:12:01 »

I think will be a turning point in terms of SA keycaps and their availability. Hopefully having Maxkey as a viable competitor should spur Signature Plastics to do something about the unacceptable backlog.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:17:11 »
glossy finish .. f.. I'm in.  that's the biggest thing holding me back from buying maxkeys sets.  I like matte just fine with cherry profile but glossy on SA just looks so much better.
keyboards.

Offline constellation

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 15:54:08 »
Wow, I am in for the GB of this for sure. This is going to look so good on a wooden case.

Offline lovelovelovely

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 00:00:32 »
great. :thumb:

Offline darthzero

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 09:06:24 »
As i've never seen pictures of maxkey sets in packaging, only on keebs and renders so far... Will they be in a tray like GMK sets?
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 August 2017, 09:08:57 by darthzero »

Offline Ouhei

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 09:31:18 »
While I probably will skip this GB, I am tempted to buy in just for all of the effort being put in to raise the bar on MaxKey sets!

I have the Cyan/Dolch set from them and whilet he big stuff stands out *back space being the biggest), I hadn't even noticed some of the issues being fixed until reading this thread (J and 8). Reawlly awesome work on this set and working with MaxKey. Can't wait to see more people start to put more sets through them since they're upping their quality and capabilities.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 10:23:37 »
As i've never seen pictures of maxkey sets in packaging, only on keebs and renders so far... Will they be in a tray like GMK sets?

That's a matter to be defined, Maxkey can ship them in trays, without extra charges, but that'd bump up the shipping cost to EU/US a lot. I mean, quite a lot.
I'm still waiting for jchan's response on that, it should be clear when the GB is up.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 10:56:44 »

Some of the Maxkey sets ships in these boxed trays. Really nice for shipping/storage imo, much better than GMK's trays or SP's ziplock bags. Gives the set a nice premium feel, and more importantly prevents keys being marred once it leaves the factory on its way to you. Wish there was a vendor that sells these readily.

kingnestea,
Please consider having the box/tray as an option. Maxkey Ashen shipped in these boxes, from Shanghai(zFrontier) to US west coast for $9, very reasonable I think.