Author Topic: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPED!)  (Read 1706787 times)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
Re: DSA Retro Set (SHIPPING!)
« Reply #1400 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 00:24:21 »
damn in the yellow

i was hoping i would be the first to take shots on these on an ergodox but it doesn't look like that's going to happen  :(

oh well, i'm out much of the month so this will probably end up coming to me when i'm out on another short business trip, hopefully my wife won't hide them from me.

it would be funny if you went home and found the caps already installed..... on her board. those caps look so much like chocolate, she might think its a gift for her. evil grin.

she doesn't have good tastes in keyboards. But she does know how much I want this dsa retro set and she knows she could make me do almost anything for it if she intercepted it.

Offline bearcat

« Reply #1401 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 00:41:16 »
Damien, pazuru

i'm not on that status list either *but* i did get that invoice & order confirmation e-mail.  FWIW.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1402 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 01:09:02 »
Waaaaaaayyyy too drunk but so happy to be finally typing on this brand new set.  I've gone over this postTWICE to check for errors, and I think IU'm leaving a couple on purpose... just to get the point across.

It is easy to type with this set.  I feel like an increase in incline totally works wonders with this more unifrm profile.

Much love GB runners!!! and WOOHOOO my fiance got through finals!!! :D :D :D :D  :cool:

21615-0

Eat my potatooooooooos
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Index

« Reply #1403 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 01:30:11 »
Got my set today. They're going in the box, using them for the GH60. Now I just need my GH60 + Plate and Korean Springs. Can't wait. Probably going to post a **** ton of pictures.
Gaming Keyboard: Leopold FC200RT/ABN
Work Keyboard: HHKB Pro 2 PD-KB400B

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1404 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 01:38:09 »
All I can say is... go ahead give us a reason not to proceed with the next group buy :P

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1405 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 01:44:00 »
I got my confirmation today. I'm super excited. Super. Excited.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1406 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 03:03:01 »
This group buy has been amazing! I am looking forward to the next one.. Thank you!

Sweet QFR you have there now!:)
Any issues with caps? Did you have to use some tape for stabilisers or anything?
Or did they just go in easily?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Larken

« Reply #1407 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 03:41:07 »
All I can say is... go ahead give us a reason not to proceed with the next group buy :P

mannn... I was thinking that the DSA retro be my last set of keycaps ever, but if you and samwisekoi start another round, I think I'll find it difficult not to participate, given how this round went.

you awesome gb organizers make my wallet so thin.
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1408 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 04:10:58 »
Any issues with caps? Did you have to use some tape for stabilisers or anything?

I would be 99% certain that you will need to do something to the stabilisers (seeing as QFRs probably have costar stabilisers and SP keycaps pretty much always don't fit the little white plastic bits that insert in either end of the keys) but it's the least hassle in the world - simply cut a tiny square of paper (literally a few mm) and then place it over the hole before shoving the white plastic bit in
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1409 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 06:10:15 »

I would be 99% certain that you will need to do something to the stabilisers (seeing as QFRs probably have costar stabilisers and SP keycaps pretty much always don't fit the little white plastic bits that insert in either end of the keys) but it's the least hassle in the world - simply cut a tiny square of paper (literally a few mm) and then place it over the hole before shoving the white plastic bit in

Cool, so nothing hard then. Sweet:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #1410 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 07:33:23 »
(Krog presses 'Control + F' types in 'plum', presses 'Enter')  ;D

My Retro DSA 'board remains draped in glory. Thanks Matt and Sam for all your hard work, but my 'X' key is still upside down.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1411 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:07:35 »
it's the rest of the world that is in the wrong direction!

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #1412 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:14:45 »
Threw my set on my work keyboard. Really spiffy! And Ron is already on top of the spacebar thing. Service! :D

17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1413 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:19:48 »
Dvorak/colemak?

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #1414 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:20:45 »
Carpalx QGMLWY. :D I'm not _terrible_ with it, but do need more work. I'm not used to things being easy to reach.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1415 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:29:44 »
Hey, should I have received any kind of notice about my order by now? You posted a list with the remaining orders, and they have numbers, and some people seem to know which theirs are, but I haven't received any info about mine. Am I even getting a set?  :-[

I don't see any evidence that you ordered or paid for a set under this user name.  Please PM me with your PayPal confirmation number.

[addition]
I've read and replied to the large bunch of PMs in my in-box.  It is very helpful if you include your Retro-xxx number AND your PayPal confirmation number.  That way I can connect what you ordered and what you paid.  (Great job, mikelanding!)

If PayPal shipping is back up today I should be able to get the Blue orders out the door along with some of the Greens.  (Mmmm, Greens...)

And Glod, I'll mark your package "confidential and private, to be opened only by addressee".  That will help --- or ensure your package is opened by every person between me and your wife!  (How about "open carefully, may contain live snakes and spiders"?)

- Ron | samwisekoi

« Last Edit: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:50:24 by samwisekoi »
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #1416 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:56:35 »
on a totally unrelated topic... I love your signature Ron! :)

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1417 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 09:07:19 »
(How about "open carefully, may contain live snakes and spiders"?)

Lol - that'd give the post office / customs a fit!  May as well mark it "DANGER RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL" lol :p
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1418 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 09:19:08 »
only customs is allowed to open packages. the usps is not allowed to open any class of mail that is considered "private correspondence" without a search warrant.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1419 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 09:46:48 »
Then there's reality.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1420 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 09:57:16 »
not all mailings are considered private mailings. in fact, from memory, first-class mail IS, first-class parcel is NOT, priority mail IS, express mail IS, media mail is NOT. presorts and other categories of letter are NOT. only first-class and above is considered private correspondence. UPS mail innovations packages and other subcontracted last-hop package delivery is NOT.

if in practice you have evidence that a postal worker opened such a piece of mail, you can demand the search warrant and/or have federal charges brought against the postal worker if the responsible party is found. further, no evidence gathered from opening private correspondence without a search warrant is admissible in a court of law as evidence.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1421 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 09:58:37 »
Is this from your drug pen pal? :))

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1422 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 10:00:14 »
i'm a US legal issue and legislative enthusiast as well as a keyboard enthusiast.

i often read civil code for fun. true but sad and embarrassing story.

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #1423 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 10:20:03 »
wow. it really is a nice shot. need to learn some photography.  ;D
sweet shot and board! we were all amazed at how many varieties of this set looked so good on so many boards while we were packing the keys. matt3o did a fantastic job picking the colors for this set.

Thanks! I bought the keys for the phantom I hope to build soon, but couldn't resist putting them on a board... My other unbranded boards are all lavished in KLAXXON atm. =) The shot was hand held in relatively low light @ ISO1600.. Bokeh is thanks to a 50mm f/1.4 EF lens.

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #1424 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 10:26:45 »
This group buy has been amazing! I am looking forward to the next one.. Thank you!

Thanks phinix! Shamefully, I just slapped the keys on there without stabs. v.v  However, the SP holes are way too slutty, and the stabs just fall right out. If I was to use this board, I would have to add a something the hold them in.

Also, I noticed on my left shift key (may be others too) the first shot is under one of the mounts and prevents the stab from going all the way into the hole.. This isn't an issue though; I can easily shorten the stab, if needed.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1425 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 10:35:06 »
More potato! I really love the deep dish keys.  They're about the only thing keeping me aware of my hands on the keyboard.

Not sure if I would recommend the set on red keys, but then again I'm not yet used to these.

I call this shot, "Giving it some incline with McDonalds napkins in the fluorescent prison"

21641-0
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline wasabah

« Reply #1426 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:26:08 »
After some weeks of using DSA caps now, I really wish I would have ordered deep dish keys.. *sigh*
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1427 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:27:10 »
Waaah?  deep dish came with the alpha set to support QWERTY and a few alternate layouts.  They are the F and J in the above pic.  Are you saying you would have liked a complete deep dish set?  Or perhaps you have DSA from a different buy?
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline wasabah

« Reply #1428 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:34:14 »
Yeah, from Massdrop for my Ergodox I have another set of DSA keycaps.
Due to the split layout I often mistake my hand position, so I should have ordered deep dish F and J keycaps.
But when I ordered I didn't have my Ergodox yet so I didn't know..
ErgoDox Classic | Logitech G400 | Logitech Marble | Logitech M570 | Logitech M235 | Logitech M305

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1429 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:34:55 »
More potato! I really love the deep dish keys.  They're about the only thing keeping me aware of my hands on the keyboard.

Not sure if I would recommend the set on red keys, but then again I'm not yet used to these.

I call this shot, "Giving it some incline with McDonalds napkins in the fluorescent prison"

(Attachment Link)

That looks sick with the backlighting!

Offline wasabah

« Reply #1430 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:39:52 »
Oh wait, the deep dish keys are included right? xD

Offline wasabah

« Reply #1431 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:42:05 »
Does anybody have an extra Numpad kit? I would really like to buy one.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1432 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:46:52 »
Quick update:

PayPal shipping was up briefly and then down again.  They do apologize for the inconvenience.

However, the following orders are ready and waiting for the postman:
Retro-001, 014, 041, 103, 114, 118, 193, 199, 203, 074, 183, 318.

I'll do more when/if PayPal shipping comes back up.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #1433 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 13:35:22 »
Show Image

I don't like the function row ~~

It bothered me too, how the top row recesses deeper into the case more than the rest of the keys.

I'm liking it without the case and with zero tilt:

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1434 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 13:37:41 »
How many of those rubber feet did you place under there?

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #1435 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 13:49:48 »
Four. One in each corner.

EDIT: I dunno if it's just me, but QFRs always feel more solid to type on when I take them out of the case and put some rubber feet on them.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 May 2013, 14:12:23 by khaangaaroo »

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #1436 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 13:55:23 »
Got my 4 deep dish blanks from matt3o today.

They feel a bit lonely and can't wait to be united with their friends.
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline Lighthouse1

« Reply #1437 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 14:57:05 »
They all look great! Sent a PM about my red zone order :)

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1438 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 14:59:19 »
Got my spacebar, thanks Ron!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #1439 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 15:03:52 »
Show Image

I don't like the function row ~~

It bothered me too, how the top row recesses deeper into the case more than the rest of the keys.

I'm liking it without the case and with zero tilt:

Show Image

Show Image

probably because they are. in the case they're subject to injection molding tolerances. out of the case they are only subject to the flatness or non-flatness of the plate.

if you _really_ want to make it solid, laser cut a piece of t304 or thick 6061, cover it with some kind of nonconductive layer and anchor it into the back of your pcb.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1440 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 17:25:50 »
Afternoon update:

PayPal shipping was up and down for me today.  I talked to them and they say there are some individual orders that their system doesn't like.  I'll ship those via Stamps.com, even though that makes the Customs paperwork extra-hard.

The following orders went out today:
Retro-001, 014, 041, 065, 103, 114, 116, 118, 188, 193, 199, 203, 074, 183, 318, 310.

Sadly, Retro-034 and 096 were disliked by PayPal and have been bumped to Blue-minus. They did not go out today.

On a happier note, I found some boxes that may work for the International Reds as well as the double-smalls.  I will either try those tomorrow or on Monday.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #1441 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 19:54:46 »
Quick update.  Order number Retro-317 was lost, but the affected member provided me the information I needed to track it down and it will go out to him on Monday.

Thanks to everyone who provided me the information I need to sort the problems out!

Also, I have been too quick on sending replacement keycaps, and sent out some that at least one member did in fact receive.

So if you are missing keycaps, please describe the problem in your note, and then include a bullet list like:

I am missing these keycaps:
- qty 1 Plum Alt key
- qty 2 Brown arrow keys
- qty 1 scoop F key

Then I know for sure what to send you.

Thanks, etc.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1442 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 20:53:18 »
Retro caps on a mx-mini and holy crap the profile uniformity and deep dish...

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1443 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 21:13:12 »
Retro caps on a mx-mini and holy crap the profile uniformity and deep dish...

More
Show Image
Dang son!  :eek:
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #1444 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 21:56:01 »
I don't understand people complaining about group buys. Geekhack and Geekhack group buys, are a 100% voluntary endeavor by you, the member. Geekhack is a community, that you and everyone contributes to, and you are here by choice. As such your desires are balanced out with the practicality, needs, capabilities, limitations, and logistics of the organization. The downside is that sometimes it can't work out 100% the way you envision. The upside is that is usually does, or you wouldn't be here.

Ergo,

Scenario #1-
Group buy pricing, plus individual shipping that is more or less appropriate for your requirement, but maybe not exactly.

Scenario #2-
Here is what is for sale, this is the price shipped to you with a standard retail mark up.

I promise if you have scenario #2, you might have less choice, probably wait longer, and you will definitely pay more.

Take your pick. Oh, on Geekhack you only get scenario #1. If you want scenario #2 go anywhere else, because that's how it is everywhere else. Appreciate what you have here at Geekhack, build it to be better. Come to the forum with solutions not problems....or consider a different alternative.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1445 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 07:12:37 »
I did in fact go to a box store to try and find that perfect box, and some people have probably already gotten their Red orders in a custom box.  For the US members, that was an extra 2 dollars that I paid.  But to accomplish the same thing across borders is not going to be inexpensive enough to fund.

So far no-one has asked anyone for extra money for shipping.  I have 300 boxes to get out the door, and each one takes 5 minutes just to create paperwork and labels.  Do the math.

- Ron I samwisekoi

As I understand you are sending out shipments with some of your own money.  PLEASE do not do that with mine.  Even though I have heard absolutely nothing from you regarding my purchase, I still do not want you funding the shipment out of your own pocket, hence don't do it.

Just PM me with how much more you'll require and I'll paypal you what you'll need.

I never want anyone in any Group Buy to pay for anything I have already purchased, all you need is to ask me if more payment is required.......simple  ;) .

Samwisekoi, I really appreciate everything you've done thus far, you're a Saint  ;D .

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #1446 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 07:34:45 »
As I understand you are sending out shipments with some of your own money.  PLEASE do not do that with mine.  Even though I have heard absolutely nothing from you regarding my purchase, I still do not want you funding the shipment out of your own pocket, hence don't do it.

Just PM me with how much more you'll require and I'll paypal you what you'll need.

I never want anyone in any Group Buy to pay for anything I have already purchased, all you need is to ask me if more payment is required.......simple  ;) .

Samwisekoi, I really appreciate everything you've done thus far, you're a Saint  ;D .

I feel the same way, Sam -- don't end up in the hole on this GB. Send me (and others) a bill, it's fine. I am resisting launching myself into another pro-capitalism rant on your behalf, but really, you shouldn't end up losing money. I know you sent out three shipments to me, but only ONE invoice. So send me a bill if you need to. I won't become enraged and, I dunno, moving to Greenland in protest.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Lighthouse1

« Reply #1447 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 08:00:50 »
Afternoon update:

PayPal shipping was up and down for me today.  I talked to them and they say there are some individual orders that their system doesn't like.  I'll ship those via Stamps.com, even though that makes the Customs paperwork extra-hard.

The following orders went out today:
Retro-001, 014, 041, 065, 103, 114, 116, 118, 188, 193, 199, 203, 074, 183, 318, 310.

Sadly, Retro-034 and 096 were disliked by PayPal and have been bumped to Blue-minus. They did not go out today.

On a happier note, I found some boxes that may work for the International Reds as well as the double-smalls.  I will either try those tomorrow or on Monday.

- Ron | samwisekoi

Good news on the box! Thanks. As per my PM and the messages above, if any more money is needed to sort out the shipping to the distant UK just drop me a note :)

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #1448 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 09:07:38 »
I did in fact go to a box store to try and find that perfect box, and some people have probably already gotten their Red orders in a custom box.  For the US members, that was an extra 2 dollars that I paid.  But to accomplish the same thing across borders is not going to be inexpensive enough to fund.

So far no-one has asked anyone for extra money for shipping.  I have 300 boxes to get out the door, and each one takes 5 minutes just to create paperwork and labels.  Do the math.

- Ron I samwisekoi

Yep, I feel exactly the same.
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline usopia

« Reply #1449 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 09:47:42 »

yes, same here! Shouldn't be that you pay something out of your own pocket. I'm in the "yellow group" but now don't know what kind of problems there with my order.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 May 2013, 09:51:48 by usopia »