Author Topic: [IC] PBTfans Lucy [new kits available]  (Read 15254 times)

Offline sososoya

• (>///<)
[IC] PBTfans Lucy [new kits available]
« on: Thu, 05 January 2023, 21:49:27 »
PBTfans Lucy

Join Discord Server for updates XD

Intro
Hi all, this is SoSo. It’s been a while – today, I bring you the interest check of PBTfans Lucy, my latest design.
It’s a pleasure to work with PBTfans again, who manufactures high-quality sets with excellent texture. PBTfans Lucy employs ABS doubleshot injection as well as UV printing – compared to traditional screen print, UV printing is more durable and resistant to wear-and-tear.

Inspiration
Inspiration is drawn from the protagonist of Cyberpunk: Edgerunner, Lucy. Rather than going for a high-contrast color scheme traditionally associated with cyberpunk themes, I opted for the moon – a running motif throughout Edgerunner – as the base color, and chose as accent the colors of Lucy’s costume.

The novelties are divided into two distinct parts: “Hacker” and “Luna”. “Hacker” is inspired by command consoles and cyberpunk elements in the original Cyberpunk 2077 game. On the other hand, “Luna” is centered around icons and themes associated with David in Edgerunner, including the moon, carbonated drinks, and the stretcher on which he and Lucy raced a thousand meters.

Kitting
Update: Added RGBY and Hiragana kits.

The RGBY kit will be produced through dye sublimation.

Renders

Deskmat
Based on Lucy’s personal colors

Firewall matrix in Cyberpunk 2077

Keyboard collaboration
Specifically designed and tailored for PBTfans Lucy, this collaboration will be sold through raffle. More information will be announced in due course.

Contact
If you are interested in this set, why not join my Discord server? I will post updates on the latest progress of Lucy from time to time there.(I will communicate with you using Google Translate XD)
Discord server:https://discord.gg/cFXNcGUbcf

Disclaimers
The renders may differ visually from the final product. In case of any discrepancy between the renders and the final product, the final product shall prevail.
Acknowledgment
translated by keepo
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 January 2023, 23:41:47 by sososoya »
(>///<)

Offline sososoya

• (>///<)
Re: [IC] PBTfans Lucy doubleshot keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 January 2023, 21:57:15 »
reserved for updates
Update: Added RGBY and Hiragana kits.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 January 2023, 23:38:33 by sososoya »
(>///<)

Offline keepoto

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 January 2023, 21:57:50 »
first!

very nice but where's my hiragana tripleshot!

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05 January 2023, 21:59:36 »
OH OH OH OH I KNOW THAT ANIME OOO OO OO HOT GIRL ME BUY

i think you should change the icon+text mods to be icon only, it fits better with your theme too
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 January 2023, 22:01:41 by Kokaloo »

Offline Helminth

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 January 2023, 22:00:33 »
Disappointing would have hoped for a some more color like her hair. Set is very plain and very hard to see inspiration without the novelty’s.

Offline craftbondpro

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 January 2023, 22:18:09 »
This somehow managed to capture none of the identity of such an interesting character. Really disappointing...

Offline jollyeskimo

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 January 2023, 22:33:21 »
Disappointing would have hoped for a some more color like her hair. Set is very plain and very hard to see inspiration without the novelty’s.

this - where's the pink and blue? also not a huge fan of the blue/red accents

very muted for such a vibrant theme

I do like the novelties icons though.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 January 2023, 22:34:52 by jollyeskimo »

Offline yuzuu_

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 January 2023, 23:13:37 »
I quite like this set but it's such a let down with the lack of vibrance, especially if you're taking inspiration from Cyberpunk - a show which is full of vibrant colours.

I think it would be nice to keep the novelties, the base colour, but maybe the legends on the keycaps some vibrant colours like neon pink/purple?

Offline clucluclurin

Re: [IC] PBTfans Lucy [new kits available]
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 05 January 2023, 23:47:28 »
I really like the combination of white and light gray. Will definitely buy!

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 00:05:53 »
If your inspiration is more Lucy's aspirations to go to the moon than Lucy herself, why is she the namesake of the set? Looking at the base kit, it really has no connection to Lucy. The moon, sure. Not Lucy.

Although the colour palette of Lucy's design is very muted, this feels lacking. You could've done more to tie it to her. The base kit is literally just white and light grey. Please add some colour, any of Lucy's colours, to the base kit. One possible suggestion: RGBY mods in the base kit?

You're running this with PBTfans but opting for dye-sub for the RGBY? Consider utilising what makes PBTfans unique and actually having double-shot PBT for that too. I also think the colours are a little too washed-out, but equally I do understand why you picked those.

Most importantly for me personally, please add an international kit. PBTfans has done them many times so definitely can. Especially because you have ISO enter novelties. Please consider it.

I see potential here but it isn't yet realised. Please do more to incorporate some elements of Lucy's character.

I've been critical here but for what it's worth, I like Lucy a lot and would happily buy this if the above feedback was addressed.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 January 2023, 00:22:54 by aicyborg »

Offline Zanhana

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 00:19:29 »
given that Lucy (and the show in general) are styled with such vibrant colors (including the picture of Lucy at the beginning of your own post), it is difficult to imagine a more boring, disappointing, or unrecognizable execution of a Lucy-themed set

until there are more colors (and better colors than the washed-out accent kit), this set is for all intents and purposes only a moon-themed set—and an easy skip

Offline sososoya

• (>///<)
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 00:45:42 »
If your inspiration is more Lucy's aspirations to go to the moon than Lucy herself, why is she the namesake of the set? Looking at the base kit, it really has no connection to Lucy. The moon, sure. Not Lucy.

Although the colour palette of Lucy's design is very muted, this feels lacking. You could've done more to tie it to her. The base kit is literally just white and light grey. Please add some colour, any of Lucy's colours, to the base kit. One possible suggestion: RGBY mods in the base kit?

You're running this with PBTfans but opting for dye-sub for the RGBY? Consider utilising what makes PBTfans unique and actually having double-shot PBT for that too. I also think the colours are a little too washed-out, but equally I do understand why you picked those.

Most importantly for me personally, please add an international kit. PBTfans has done them many times so definitely can. Especially because you have ISO enter novelties. Please consider it.

I see potential here but it isn't yet realised. Please do more to incorporate some elements of Lucy's character.

I've been critical here but for what it's worth, I like Lucy a lot and would happily buy this if the above feedback was addressed.
Glad to receive your feedback, the international kit will be added. Due to cost constraints, RGBY is forced to choose the dye-sub process, and I am also thinking about how to add more colors.
(>///<)

Offline sososoya

• (>///<)
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 00:53:45 »
given that Lucy (and the show in general) are styled with such vibrant colors (including the picture of Lucy at the beginning of your own post), it is difficult to imagine a more boring, disappointing, or unrecognizable execution of a Lucy-themed set

until there are more colors (and better colors than the washed-out accent kit), this set is for all intents and purposes only a moon-themed set—and an easy skip
It's great to hear your feedback. Due to cost considerations, I can't add more colors to the doubleshot keycaps. In order to reflect the color of Lucy's hair, I added the Hiragana kit.
(>///<)

Offline megaforce

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 01:46:31 »
lucy please let me hit once ill wait after david
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 02:00:36 »
Glad to receive your feedback, the international kit will be added. Due to cost constraints, RGBY is forced to choose the dye-sub process, and I am also thinking about how to add more colors.

Thank you for adding an international kit, that's good to see! For a way to add more colour, please consider replacing the current mods with the RGBY mods. You could then offer plain mods as an add-on kit instead. That way you get a slightly stronger connection to Lucy by referencing her hair. Basically, the base kit needs more colour.

lucy please let me hit once ill wait after david

me first

Offline clucluclurin

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 02:36:28 »
PBTfans but not a double shot?
If it's not a double shot, it's because there are other color schemes that are similar.
I'm a little sad because I really like the color scheme.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 03:49:49 »
finally a PBTfans set I can consider buying.
entirely disregard the "more color" peasants. this is sober, clean and not overly weeb. the subtle colors in the hiragana base are chefskiss.

though this set SERIOUSLY needs icon mods instead of text+icon. please consider running icon mods since pbtfans text mods are still very scuffed and uneven, also icons fit the overall "cyber" theme a whole lot better.

also RGBY kit needs one more 1u key for ctrl, alt and super. can't cover a 7u HHKB with one 1u each.

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 07:09:31 »
yes yes hot girl anime me buy

colors could have been cooler instead of just beige

Offline MattVortex

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 10:32:26 »
Are there renders of the base with the RGBY accents?

Offline namita

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 11:47:00 »
Honestly i dont feel the Lucy's vibe in this set. Just my opinion. Good luck with the IC. :thumb:

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 15:14:16 »
Hiragana is a step in the right direction by adding some color. RGBY will be mandatory to make this set have some extra life.

Can you get rid of the blue/red accents. They don't make any sense.

Offline atyxiao

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 16:02:48 »
Really want to love this set, but like many others have said the colours don't quite match the theme. Would also suggest icons mods. Hope this set becomes a success after some revisions! 

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 17:25:36 »
for this set's theme katakana sublegends and icon mods would make more sense than hiragana/text mods.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 April 2023, 15:00:49 by unwashed_heathen »

Offline Designerstudio

• Keeb-related producer
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 17:35:33 »
Reserved
Discord:https://discord.gg/3TqZ2M8Hw2
Email: designerstudio@126.com
Wechat: DesignerStudio7

Offline hemlock

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 21:51:18 »
I expected something much more vibrant for Lucy. This seems lackluster and I don't really feel the tie to Lucy at all.

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 07 January 2023, 00:42:32 »
RGBYW kitting needs a lot of work
- only 1x 1u super???
- 1.5u supers with only 1x 1u alt makes absolutely no sense
- 1.25u shift looks to be rendered incorrectly

glwic  :thumb:

edit: also consider making RGBY kit's legends match the rest of the set, these will look out of place
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 January 2023, 00:45:44 by ankit »
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline white_rabbit

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 07 January 2023, 01:33:36 »
OH OH OH OH I KNOW THAT ANIME OOO OO OO HOT GIRL ME BUY

i think you should change the icon+text mods to be icon only, it fits better with your theme too

After seeing texticon legends on Classic Hangul (pointed out in the PBTFans Umbra IC by another user), I have no choice but to agree with using icon only unless PBTFans has significantly improved legend quality for text/texticon mods.

Offline Beesley

• B-Imaginative
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 07 January 2023, 03:01:47 »
I love Edgerunners so really wanted to like this, but to me it feels bland for such a rich character

Offline sososoya

• (>///<)
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 03:49:33 »
entirely disregard the "more color" peasants. this is sober, clean and not overly weeb. the subtle colors in the hiragana base are chefskiss.

though this set SERIOUSLY needs icon mods instead of text+icon. please consider running icon mods since pbtfans text mods are still very scuffed and uneven, also icons fit the overall "cyber" theme a whole lot better.

also RGBY kit needs one more 1u key for ctrl, alt and super. can't cover a 7u HHKB with one 1u each.
Thank you for your feedback :)
(>///<)

Offline keepoto

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 04:05:52 »

Thank you for your feedback :)

thanks for adding sublegends, love you bb

Offline yuuyashun_

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 10:46:34 »
yes.

definitely need some more of the actual references but looking forward for this set! and ne icon mods avail?
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 January 2023, 10:48:35 by yuuyashun_ »

Offline clucluclurin

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 19:36:37 »
i was mistakenly thinking that all sets are not double-shot, my apologies
the base kit is calm, simple and very very very nice, i will definitely be purchasing this!
love the fact that the atmosphere can be renewed depending on the accent kit
i know it sounds selfish, but..., would also like to see different accents that are monotone and calming, even if they lose some of their relevance to Lucy

Offline LumiP

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 05:48:07 »
I can't speak to the faithfulness to the character, but I like the overall look of this set, and would buy. Would totally be fine with the RGBY in the mods, too.

EDIT: PLS more renders with RGBY keys
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2023, 05:50:08 by LumiP »
More
Current Boards: Aaru TKL Old Dark Sand, Drop + Planck Purple, Mr Suit WKL Black w/Gold Chamfers, Sangeo60 Black, KBD67Lite White, D45 E-Grey, Wind X Pink, NCR 80 Beige, EVO70 Black, White; QK65 Dark Green, Av4 Claymore, TGR x Monokei Tomo Suave Blue, Heracles80 Holy White, Snake60 Rust, Array E-White, Capsule E-White, QK75 E-White

Offline digitalnothing

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 04 February 2023, 09:32:07 »
Played the game, haven't seen the anime. Love the colors, I just wish all the mods had icons.

Offline jackharrison

• hearts online
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 06 February 2023, 21:02:11 »
This keyboard is so beautiful for working and gaming.

Offline Something_Magical

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 11 March 2023, 13:14:42 »
I need this set! GL w/ IC :)

Offline XiXora

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 11 March 2023, 20:24:01 »
The RGBY will need another 1u alt.
After comparing Twist and Retro Lights Dark IRL, I'd swap to the Icon only. The text is all over the place.

Offline Dmitri

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 05 May 2023, 21:03:10 »

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 31 July 2023, 04:20:52 »
Saw the collab with HavenTKL, great choice  ;D

Offline Wise Donkey

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 31 July 2023, 10:27:16 »
The brand is PBTfans. Why are you using ABS!?? Go use GMK, Domikey, JTK, etc!! You are eating up valuable production time on your crap material choice.

Updated:
Please disregard my rant. Apologise this is totally out of line.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 July 2023, 15:55:07 by Wise Donkey »