Author Topic: WARNING: The worst customer service ever!  (Read 5714 times)

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
WARNING: The worst customer service ever!
« on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 15:55:13 »
Good luck to anyone ordering from 'originative'...

I placed a $200+ order from the website but when it was received, I was sent 2 pause keys but no insert key for the charred orange set. No problem, right? This should be an easy problem to fix. I even offered to send back the extra key on my own dime. Well, that was ALMOST THREE MONTHS ago. This 'sheraton' miscreant has been stringing me along for almost 3 months, and now has stopped responding all together.

If your order is correct, good for you.. But if it's not, you can forget about him/her correcting it.

PS, if anyone has an extra GMK charred orange insert key, I'm down to trade you for a pause key. =)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: WARNING: The worst customer service ever!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 16:06:53 »
I will say sherry eventually replaced some defective GMK caps I had. But I know for the past few weeks he was, maybe still is, out of the country. However, I believe he has a helper helping him.

That doesn't really help but hopefully he will make this right. Just stay on him.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 16:13:16 »
Sherry has been legit so far. I'm sure they'll correct the situation.

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 16:16:05 »
Thank you for the support.. What gets me is this has been going back and forth for months, seemingly stringing me along. Last correspondence I received was when they asked for my order number (which was the subject of the email) and my address (which you'd think they'd have via order number) I responded instantly with the info and haven't heard from them since. This was on 1/7/14. I'm happy to hear that they eventually corrected your issues, and I hope that my issue is resolved as well. =/

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 16:24:44 »
Damn that's who I plan to buy all of my lube from :0

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 16:25:36 »

If they send you a correct order, you're golden... Cross your fingers. ;)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 16:26:25 »

Yeah I would rather buy it from mkawa but he's too busy  ::)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 24 January 2014, 16:42:03 »

Yeah I would rather buy it from mkawa but he's too busy  ::)

Yeah I asked him and he said he wouldn't sell direct :(

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 13:31:15 »
My Sanctuary set didn't come with a "U" key so I tried to petition for one. After several months of nothing I purchased one from Signature Plastics spares (not sure if you can buy spares from GMK, but worth an email). Eventually when I wanted to order something else from originative I finally got a reply. Reminded him of missing "U" key and he gave me free shipping on my next order which saved me about $8. So he kind of made up for it, but left a bad taste in my mouth.

Then was the lightsaver ordeal where when I wanted to pay he completely stopped replying to email and PMs so he wouldn't take my money for a several hundred dollar keyboard......
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 22:47:30 »
He is very busy, and the last couple of months with the holiday season has not helped. He may be slow to reply, but he pulls through eventually.

Offline Steven

• Formerly lowyatguy
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 23:30:48 »
Well everyone here is busy for their own living, even if this is not Sherryton's main business to do the living, still this is a business which any buyers are the customers and they deserve to get faster response of what they have paid for at least.

His business could have grows better if he can manage it better, but seems like this is just a hobby business to him. Just my thought.
LF: Duck Mini V1 aka Duck Poker Case
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49840.0
-----------------------------------------------------
KMAC Happy | Hammer Poker Titanium & Silver | Leopold FC660M | FILCO TKL White | Ducky 9008S2 Pink | Ducky 9008G2 Pro Dye Sub | Ducky YOTD

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 17:03:02 »
Well everyone here is busy for their own living, even if this is not Sherryton's main business to do the living, still this is a business which any buyers are the customers and they deserve to get faster response of what they have paid for at least.

His business could have grows better if he can manage it better, but seems like this is just a hobby business to him. Just my thought.

I'm not dissing sherry, I'm down with originative, but this is the feel i got two. He obviously has another job that takes priority.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 19:52:29 »

I'm not dissing sherry, I'm down with originative, but this is the feel i got two. He obviously has another job that takes priority.

Yeah don't diss the Sherryton.  But if you need to acquire something better get it from other sellers here on Geekhack  :thumb: .

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 22 February 2014, 21:58:12 »
I must be lucky or others are hideously unlucky, never had to wait for an email reply and all 3 of my orders have arrived promptly.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 00:55:28 »
I must be lucky or others are hideously unlucky, never had to wait for an email reply and all 3 of my orders have arrived promptly.

Where did you email?  Originative email or pm Sherry here on GH.  I'm looking for an update on on my aluminum case I ordered in December.
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline shawn o

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 16:16:08 »
Doesn't matter, he won't reply to any of them.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 23:54:47 »
I have been waiting for 6.25x spacebar back since september, but doesn't really matter because i don't use 6.25x anymore...  :rolleyes:

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 03:20:39 »
I have been waiting for 6.25x spacebar back since september, but doesn't really matter because i don't use 6.25x anymore...  :rolleyes:

i ordered a spacebar and was told to buy springs, emailed to confirm. received springs.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 03:40:19 »
I've been waiting for an up arrow on my dolch set and some other stuff I bought from his store since October or so last year, but he's been giving me wrong tracking numbers (tracking number he gave me was an order shipped to Virginia but I live in Hong Kong??)

Granted, he used to be very responsive.  Seems like something has changed!  Hope I'm wrong nod this gets resolved..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 06:57:30 »
I've been waiting for an up arrow on my dolch set and some other stuff I bought from his store since October or so last year, but he's been giving me wrong tracking numbers (tracking number he gave me was an order shipped to Virginia but I live in Hong Kong??)

Granted, he used to be very responsive.  Seems like something has changed!  Hope I'm wrong nod this gets resolved..

This isn't the first time sherry has went mia, guess old habits. He won't even respond on skype anymore. :(

Offline tokohemat

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 13 April 2014, 12:42:01 »
Please be careful,

My order #1548 shipped to the wrong country, the seller should shipped the package to Baldwin park California same as the shipping confirmation but the tracking number said the package delivered to Singapore tracking number LJ932968767US, after I asked sheraton on the email, then he told me that he gave the wrong tracking number because my billing address is Indonesia but the shipping address is to Baldwin Park California, then I started to confused about his words, what is the connection by shipped the order to Singapore? which is not make sense at all, then after one week I waited but no more reply from sheraton about this problem, so I emailed the shopify's admin and then the admin said that the seller has responded that the package was never shipped to Singapore, the seller told to the shopify's admin that the package was shipped to the correct address in Baldwin Park California. If the the seller really shipped the package to the correct address where is the correct tracking number?, where is the package?, why sheraton never respond my emails ? instead he can fast answer the shopify's admin on email. Then the shopify's admin advised me to start the charge-back process, sheraton act very strange what happened with you, why you must lie to us?  Why you gave me the wrong USPS tracking number LJ932968767US ( delivered to singapore ).

Thank you for placing your order with Originative!

This email is to confirm your recent order.

Date 03/21/2014

1x Dolch - Winkeyless Modifiers for $25.00 each
    1x Dolch - Numberpad for $25.00 each
    1x Charred Orange for $95.00 each

Subtotal : $145.00 USD

CA State Tax : $11.40 USD

Los Angeles County Tax : $2.28 USD

Shipping : $7.03 USD

Total : $165.71 USD
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 April 2014, 12:45:00 by tokohemat »