Author Topic: NFL playoffs  (Read 1806 times)

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
NFL playoffs
« on: Sun, 04 January 2009, 08:44:16 »
Well, looks like the division champs stepped up...even though both of them (Cardinals and Chargers) were favored to lose.  I was surprised that the Cardinals handled the Falcons so easily.   That defense sure did step up!  No surprise that James ran all over the Falcons...considering he has ridden the pine all year (and has fresh legs because of it).

No surprise that the Colts and Chargers game went into overtime.  That's always a good game.  Glad to see OT was decided on a touchdown.  I'm in the camp where I think FG's should be disallowed in overtime.  

Today we have Ravens/Dolphins and Eagles/Vikings.  I'd love to see the division champs sweep the weekend.  One, because the "experts" picked all the wildcard teams (for the most part) to win this weekend...and two, because I'd like to see Pennington do well with the Dolphins and the Vikings are my team.  :)

Offline itlnstln

NFL playoffs
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 05 January 2009, 01:11:35 »
The Colts/Chargers game was awesome as was the Eagles/Vikings game.  The running back for the Chargers (Sholes?) had a ridiculous game; something like 325 combined yards.  It was fitting that we scored the winning touchdown in OT.  The Vikings played a great game in the loss.  The Viking defense was good, but the Philly D has been playing out of there minds the past several games and pretty much shut down the Vikes late in the game.  I was hoping for another OT game in that one.

Sorry 'bout the Vikings, iMav.  Perennial failures, the Bengals, are my team... FTL.