Author Topic: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, SHIPPING  (Read 184653 times)

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Re: [GB] CNC Alum. Cooler Master TKL cases r2, SHIPPING
« Reply #850 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 20:00:40 »
I own four of them.  :) But I'll probably bring them to the NorCal meetup next month.

Offline pvd

« Reply #851 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 21:10:51 »
Does anyone else have issues with their novatouch plate vibrating? When I depress any of the keys in the asdf row and release them with my fingers still on them, I can feel the keys "vibrate" under my fingers. There's no sound, but I find the feeling irritating. I separated the plate from the pcb to install silencing rings, and I'm wondering if screwed the plate too tightly to the pcb (or not tightly enough) when putting it back together. Is this an issue all novatouch boards have?

I put sorbothane on the bottom of my norbauer case, but I don't think it's doing much.

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #852 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 00:22:57 »
Does anyone else have issues with their novatouch plate vibrating? When I depress any of the keys in the asdf row and release them with my fingers still on them, I can feel the keys "vibrate" under my fingers. There's no sound, but I find the feeling irritating. I separated the plate from the pcb to install silencing rings, and I'm wondering if screwed the plate too tightly to the pcb (or not tightly enough) when putting it back together. Is this an issue all novatouch boards have?

I put sorbothane on the bottom of my norbauer case, but I don't think it's doing much.

I did not have any issues with mine. You should check to make sure the 2 screws holding down the plate are not loose or off a bit..

Offline Trente

« Reply #853 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 00:32:52 »
Curious is this case compatible for phantom or filco build, I love that retro refrigerator color, and wondering if any one had tried phantom or even LFK tkl (the PCB I am planning t ouse) build on this case

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #854 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 22:22:47 »
holy crap i just got gmk yuri in the mail and i immediately put it on my brushed galaxy blue norbatouch and there are no words for how glorious it is.  pictures tomorrow when the lighting is decent but i am a happy man!

Offline autobot

« Reply #855 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 23:41:37 »
Can't wait to see pics!

Offline norbauer

• Plz email shop@norbauer.com; I miss PMs sometimes
    • Ryan Norbauer's personal site
« Reply #856 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 11:32:28 »
Curious is this case compatible for phantom or filco build, I love that retro refrigerator color, and wondering if any one had tried phantom or even LFK tkl (the PCB I am planning t ouse) build on this case

Unfortunately, it only fits the stated CM TKL boards. Phantom and Filco have entirely different plates.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #857 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 15:17:57 »

Offline elcubismo

• Reddit page
« Reply #858 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 00:33:28 »
Gorgeous! Love all the combinations people are coming up with.
Leopold FC660C lubed, silenced with landing pads | Norbatouch lubed, silenced with hyperspheres | Poker II MX Blue with vortex aluminum case, vortex red/white doubeshot pbt caps and o-rings | CODE TKL MX Clear with Miami | Unicomp Buckling Spring | GMMK with rainbow vomit switches, mostly jailhouse blues and pandealios

Offline zslane

« Reply #859 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 11:43:47 »
Yeah, that Yuri set looks perfect paired up with the Galactic Blue.

Offline sysfury

« Reply #860 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 16:23:00 »
Any news on the r2 tactical grey replacements that are currently being powder coated?

Offline norbauer

« Reply #861 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 16:25:17 »
Any news on the r2 tactical grey replacements that are currently being powder coated?

I recently sent out an update to those folks. Let me know if you didn’t get it.

I was at the shop on Friday and the Retro colors were all finished minus the riser feet, which are being finished Monday. Most other colors were in a state of partial completion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sysfury

« Reply #862 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 16:32:12 »

I recently sent out an update to those folks. Let me know if you didn’t get it.

I was at the shop on Friday and the Retro colors were all finished minus the riser feet, which are being finished Monday. Most other colors were in a state of partial completion.

Didn't get it. Sent you an email now.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #863 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 13:40:18 »
For those small number of you who were affected by the anodized gray cases that I didn't allow to pass my quality check, I just wanted to provide another quick update. The powder shop has delivered the replacements slowly to me in batches over the past few weeks (some of which I'm actually shipping out today), but they still haven't given me the full order yet.

Since the r2.5 anodized cases are likely shipping in the next week or so, it's particularly embarrassing to me to think about the fact that I'm still waiting to wrap up these few remaining r2 orders, and I'm really sorry for the trouble. I sent the a semi-impatient message earlier today and hopefully it'll motivate them to turn around the remaining cases this week, but of course I'm entirely at their mercy in terms of turnaround time. I could go to another shop, but in my experience the results would not be as good.

If anybody is still waiting one of these replacements and would prefer a refund instead, as always, just let me know and it's yours.

Also, thanks everyone for posting all these awesome pics of your case/keyboard/keycap combos in this thread. They all look amazing! It's so nice to see so many of my cases out in the wild. It was particularly cool to see eksuen's collection of three (or was it four?) of these cases at the NorCal meetup a few weeks ago. :)

Offline eksuen

« Reply #864 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 15:24:41 »
Four of them. Hehe.

Offline zslane

« Reply #865 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 15:28:52 »
eksuen has me beat.

I only have three: white, dark gray, and indigo blue (a replacement) that is awaiting powder coating.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #866 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 20:02:19 »
i've also got four: enigma black, aluminum, gray, and brushed blue.  too lazy to take a photo with all four right now.  also, don't actually have enough CM keyboards for all four cases yet.  wish it was still easy to find novatouches... i'm kinda wondering if i could get my royalkluge knockoff novatouch in one, it looks like roughly the same dimensions...
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 December 2017, 20:05:30 by nightdriver »

Offline eksuen

« Reply #867 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 21:00:15 »
i've also got four: enigma black, aluminum, gray, and brushed blue.  too lazy to take a photo with all four right now.  also, don't actually have enough CM keyboards for all four cases yet.  wish it was still easy to find novatouches... i'm kinda wondering if i could get my royalkluge knockoff novatouch in one, it looks like roughly the same dimensions...

If you do try that, let us know if it fits. Only three of mine are Novatouches. The fourth is a Masterkeys Pro S that I replaced switches and LEDs on. I wanted a white plate with the white case.

Offline YH YOON

« Reply #868 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 10:14:41 »
thank you so much ryan

Offline norbauer

« Reply #869 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 16:08:31 »
thank you so much ryan

My pleasure! Thanks for posting the pics. :)

Offline regionfree

« Reply #870 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 06:46:19 »
For the purchases made theough Originative, have they started shipping out as well? Bought a slate case with Novatouch bundle through them. Would appreciate the info.

Offline norbauer

« Reply #871 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 11:18:38 »
For the purchases made theough Originative, have they started shipping out as well? Bought a slate case with Novatouch bundle through them. Would appreciate the info.

By slate do you mean black anodized? If so, Originative should have those by the end of the week, but if so, you've also got the wrong run/thread, as those are part of r2.5. ;)

Offline regionfree

« Reply #872 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 16:24:34 »

By slate do you mean black anodized? If so, Originative should have those by the end of the week, but if so, you've also got the wrong run/thread, as those are part of r2.5. ;)

Thanks for the info! 😁

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #873 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 22:37:31 »
Finally got my hands on the set Retro was meant to have!

Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline zslane

« Reply #874 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 11:35:23 »
That looks pretty sweet!

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #875 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 13:11:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

Abyss is still better, imo. When I tried Calm Depths on my RR the caps were far too blue.

Offline consolation

« Reply #876 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 02:39:03 »
I haven't seen any shots of tty yet, so I thought I'd chuck some up, plus a few extras so that you can see the difference between the profiles. The new profile is even more spherical and sculptured; you can use the deep dish home keys as an ashtray! If you love SA, and want to go back in time from 80s to 60s, you'll dig these. If you are on the fence about the whole spherical thing; maybe don't go in too deep on your first set.

Enigma Black with dev/tty (triumph mods)

187673-0

SA profile for comparison...
old school Industrial Grey SA R3
187675-1

Enigma and Jukebox detail, sculpt SA & about the only time I got a shot of Enigma Black's texture that I was satisfied with:
187681-2

Apologies for my phone's lackadaisical approach to white balance and my lack of dusting :-/
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 August 2018, 20:31:56 by consolation »

Offline tylernm

« Reply #877 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 21:44:13 »
Anyone know what Keyset is in this picture?

Few quick shots of the 'fridge post-transplant:

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #878 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 21:45:34 »
Anyone know what Keyset is in this picture?

Few quick shots of the 'fridge post-transplant:

Show Image

More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

SA Hyperfuse friendo

Offline hervuli

« Reply #879 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 13:59:15 »
Posted this on /r/mk a while back, but now using this as my main board at work and am still super psyched about it. R2 Space Station White, hypersphered, lubed stabs, BKE Redux Extreme domes. I don't like most of the Pheilcia all-over dyesub keysets but this one just works imho.

Now waiting patiently to do a similar overhaul of my RF87UB :)

190052-0
JD40v2 MX Grey | HHKB BKE Heavy | E6-V2 78g Tealios | ZealX60 72g MX Zilent | TGR 910 RE 78g MX Zilent | Singa Vintage MX Black | Octagon V2 MX Grey | Orion V2 MX Clear | Novatouch BKE Extreme

Offline zslane

« Reply #880 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 16:30:03 »
That looks really slick! Very classy and distinctive.

Offline syke

« Reply #881 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 17:57:26 »

Show Image

Show Image

Love the color combo

Offline consolation

« Reply #882 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 20:34:39 »
Bonus - RED SAMURAI on ENIGMA BLACK from R2

202639-0

202641-1

The rich colours of RS really complement the subtle texture of Enigma Black. It looks awesome in real life - both the case and caps are masterpieces imho. Get them if you can, you won't be disappointed.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #883 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 09:11:09 »
Bonus - RED SAMURAI on ENIGMA BLACK from R2

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

The rich colours of RS really complement the subtle texture of Enigma Black. It looks awesome in real life - both the case and caps are masterpieces imho. Get them if you can, you won't be disappointed.

great colors
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90