Author Topic: TheVan Keyboards Halloween Sale BananaSplit R2,Retro60,8Bit,White Powder Minivan  (Read 41567 times)

Offline Talljoe

Hey everyone just wanted to make an update. This is actually pretty bittersweet for me. This is the final round of the BananaSplit. Me and Evan decided we can’t compete with other clones without making sacrifices to our quality. We believed that our product went beyond the features and qualities in the service we provided to our customers. I can’t thank my supporters enough you’ve truly made the BananaSplit an amazing experience for me. To most of you it’s a simple 60 percent with some nice tweaks. To me it holds way more value. It’s been an amazing learning experience for me with Evan taking me under his wing. I can’t thank him enough to just trust a random 18 year old he met at a meetup with a vision. He’s a life long friend and that’s something I’ll cherish and always takeaway from this endeavor. I’m sorry the past couples months I haven’t been as involved as I would have liked to. To put it simply. I got burnt out, and life decided to get in my way. This isn’t the end of me, I have more projects planned. If anyone has any questions or just wants to shoot the **** with me about anything feel free to PM me on reddit. Thank you to everyone at TheVan Keyboards and a big thanks to all my supporters. It’s been fun.

So sad to hear you're not continuing. My BananaSplit in a Retro60 case with SA 1965 is my favorite at the moment.

I also just found out I missed the R2 extras sale! :(

Anyway, thanks for such an awesome board and I'll keep an eye out for whatever is next.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
Hey everyone just wanted to make an update. This is actually pretty bittersweet for me. This is the final round of the BananaSplit. Me and Evan decided we can’t compete with other clones without making sacrifices to our quality. We believed that our product went beyond the features and qualities in the service we provided to our customers. I can’t thank my supporters enough you’ve truly made the BananaSplit an amazing experience for me. To most of you it’s a simple 60 percent with some nice tweaks. To me it holds way more value. It’s been an amazing learning experience for me with Evan taking me under his wing. I can’t thank him enough to just trust a random 18 year old he met at a meetup with a vision. He’s a life long friend and that’s something I’ll cherish and always takeaway from this endeavor. I’m sorry the past couples months I haven’t been as involved as I would have liked to. To put it simply. I got burnt out, and life decided to get in my way. This isn’t the end of me, I have more projects planned. If anyone has any questions or just wants to shoot the **** with me about anything feel free to PM me on reddit. Thank you to everyone at TheVan Keyboards and a big thanks to all my supporters. It’s been fun.

wow that build sure is a looker. we are so happy that you are enjoying the board. We are talking about an encore round for the BananaSplit but we also have another 60% in the works :)
So sad to hear you're not continuing. My BananaSplit in a Retro60 case with SA 1965 is my favorite at the moment.

Show Image

Anyway, thanks for such an awesome board and I'll keep an eye out for whatever is next.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan

Show Image

That is a sweet build, I think you'll be excited with our future products we have planned. :D

Offline azulyf

Are we still on track of shipping 8bit set this month?

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Are we still on track of shipping 8bit set this month?

We should be getting them within the next week. Once we get them we will start shipping them out :)

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Shame you won't be making this again. The bottom row had some good layout options that you can't find anywhere else.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Are we still on track of shipping this week?

Keycaps were just finished and now dyesubbing is happening they should ship to me April 15, not sure how long they will take to get to me. I’m anticipating I will begin shipping orders end of April

Updates?

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan

Keycaps were just finished and now dyesubbing is happening they should ship to me April 15, not sure how long they will take to get to me. I’m anticipating I will begin shipping orders end of April

Updates?

last week I was told that dyesub was 95% complete, haven't heard anything since and haven't received tracking info yet. Shouldn't be much longer.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan

Updates?

They're still working on production. Last we heard they are 95% done with the dyesubbing process.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
8Bit is shipping and I should have tracking in the next day or so! I know the wait has been a bit longer than expected, but we are almost there!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Thanks for the update

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
8Bit is supposed to land on my doorstep on the 17th. we just about there :D

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi0ehmtHtsa/?taken-by=evangs_thevan

I received the base kits today and the rest of the kits are scheduled to arrive on the 17th. I have all orders for only base kit going out tomorrow. we are finally coming up on the close of this thing!

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
https://instagram.com/p/Bi7v0cwDzNu/

All kits are in hand. I’m going to try to have all of them in the mail tomorrow

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
https://instagram.com/p/Bi7v0cwDzNu/

All kits are in hand. I’m going to try to have all of them in the mail tomorrow

Thanks for the updoot. Looking forward to putting these on a board.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
All orders have been packed and will be dropped off tomorrow. Any leftovers will be available in about 4 weeks

Offline MikeTheTiger

All orders have been packed and will be dropped off tomorrow. Any leftovers will be available in about 4 weeks

Can’t wait to slap them on my Minivan and Roadkit!

Offline ch4rd

Awww Yiss.

Can't wait to get these!

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
You know,

I dont come of here much,

but i forgot to share that i built this with Hako Trues and the TechKeys aluminum case, flat. i built it the week in came in the mail.

I kind of forgot I had it, i was meaning to take the caps on my DZ and put them on it but instead put granite. i actually think it looks really clean though the way it is.

Banana Split 2 by almightyglod, on Flickr

banana split v2 by almightyglod, on Flickr

edit

ahh that is better, maybe someone has some suggestion on pink or purple leds that shine bright on these

2018-07-02_02-44-58 by almightyglod, on Flickr
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 July 2018, 13:47:05 by Glod »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel

Thanks for R2 TheVan, I love this keyboard.

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Show Image

Thanks for R2 TheVan, I love this keyboard.

Very clean build :D

Offline dodgeyhack

Re: TheVan Keyboards Halloween Sale BananaSplit R2,Retro60,8Bit,White Powder Minivan
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 05:01:32 »
Anyone had issues with the usb c port? First time I plugged mine in the two connections closest to the edge of the board popped out. I assume these just need to be soldered back?

Offline beekey

Re: TheVan Keyboards Halloween Sale BananaSplit R2,Retro60,8Bit,White Powder Minivan
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 10:20:40 »
Anyone had issues with the usb c port? First time I plugged mine in the two connections closest to the edge of the board popped out. I assume these just need to be soldered back?
Yes, me too. Soldert them back in. Had too much force from the cable on the connector. Was scared my favorit PCB had died. Added some plastic between case and connector to stabelize it. Works fine again.