Author Topic: [GB] Duck Orion/Black Bird Weight Insert (Invoicing/Shipping)  (Read 74091 times)

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
Re: [GB] Duck Orion/Black Bird Weight Insert (Manufacturing)
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 12:17:17 »
If anyone would be able to let go of a Blackbird weight, please let me know.

Sorry- wish I'd have had the foresight to pick up an extra or two for such occasions... Good luck- hope you find one!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 12:19:33 »
If anyone would be able to let go of a Blackbird weight, please let me know.

Sorry- wish I'd have had the foresight to pick up an extra or two for such occasions... Good luck- hope you find one!
Thank you... I hope I can find one.

What I could also do is that if I get the CAD file, I can ask my mechanical engineer friends to cut me one if possible.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 12:53:36 »
Oops nvm!
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 April 2017, 17:44:16 by -musubi »

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 09:53:19 »
UPDATE

The machine shop seems to be overloaded with other projects. With some of their tooling breaking it's created quite a queue. I have no news as to when this will be done and I don't want to keep saying "oh next week".

I apologize for the long wait and I hope we can get this figured out soon.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #154 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 09:55:06 »
UPDATE

The machine shop seems to be overloaded with other projects. With some of their tooling breaking it's created quite a queue. I have no news as to when this will be done and I don't want to keep saying "oh next week".

No worries, thanks for the update :)
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 09:56:47 »
UPDATE

No worries, thanks for the update :)

Yup, all good brother Merlin. Appreciate you keeping us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 09:57:04 »
UPDATE

The update is that there is no update. I didn't receive a status email from my manufacturer this week. I've checked in as well and no reply. Hopefully he's just really busy with our weights!

In other news, I would like to publicly express my frustration and my apologies with how long this is taking. I understand that 3 weeks were wasted just waiting on materials but it's still taking too long. The good news is that I am still waiting for Duck to send me the CAD files for the Viper/Eagle, so it's not like I have a GB on hold. At this point I'm shopping around for other local manufacturers.

Any good news regarding a Viper/Eagle weight? Loved your Octagon weight :)

I'm thinking that there won't be a GB. I might just open an interest check, and buy what I think the quantities would be. That way people aren't waiting forever for their weights while I hold on to their money. It's just sad that my weight is taking just as long or longer as it takes Duck to ship the keyboards to us.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 11:02:53 »
UPDATE

The update is that there is no update. I didn't receive a status email from my manufacturer this week. I've checked in as well and no reply. Hopefully he's just really busy with our weights!

In other news, I would like to publicly express my frustration and my apologies with how long this is taking. I understand that 3 weeks were wasted just waiting on materials but it's still taking too long. The good news is that I am still waiting for Duck to send me the CAD files for the Viper/Eagle, so it's not like I have a GB on hold. At this point I'm shopping around for other local manufacturers.

Any good news regarding a Viper/Eagle weight? Loved your Octagon weight :)

I'm thinking that there won't be a GB. I might just open an interest check, and buy what I think the quantities would be. That way people aren't waiting forever for their weights while I hold on to their money. It's just sad that my weight is taking just as long or longer as it takes Duck to ship the keyboards to us.
So there wont be a weight inserts GB for eagle/viper? :( what do you mean open an IC and buy what you think the quabtities would be?
 Also what about brassplate for eagle/viper
Thanks

Offline brighenne

« Reply #158 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 12:57:26 »
I believe he's saying that he'll just put in an order and have them up for sale, rather than the typical GB method where you wait for everyone to prepay and then do the order.

Will we have a way to put in a deposit? I'm 100% in for two Viper weights.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 13:09:15 »
I believe he's saying that he'll just put in an order and have them up for sale, rather than the typical GB method where you wait for everyone to prepay and then do the order.

Will we have a way to put in a deposit? I'm 100% in for two Viper weights.
Thats even better.
Hopefully he will order some brass plates for eagl/viper

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #160 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 13:28:53 »
@merlin64 I don't mind the wait on GBs like this one, first of all since I am still using my Orion through all of this, it's not something that I 'need' for the board to be functional. On top of that plenty of GBs experience delays in manufacturing, shipping, etc. which is understandable, the thing I care most about it the quality of the product. If after all this time I receive a perfectly machined and finished weight, I will be happy. If I wait all this time for a dented/dinged weight that looks like ****, obviously the time will seem wasted. It's all a matter of perspective I guess.

I would be down to buy/pre-order a Viper/Eagle weight today, no matter the wait time, no matter the cost. What worries me about you buying them all and then just selling them is me not getting one.

Anyway, just some food for thought, keep us updated on the Blackbird and Orion weights!

Offline brighenne

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 14:59:16 »
I would be down to buy/pre-order a Viper/Eagle weight today, no matter the wait time, no matter the cost. What worries me about you buying them all and then just selling them is me not getting one.

Same, that's why I wanted to know about a preorder.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #162 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 15:23:45 »
I'm just trying to find a better solution. I said this GB wouldn't last as long as my previous one, but it's getting close. I'm already pretty confident about changing manufacturers but that also might come with higher costs etc etc.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. But please hold on to them until I can get an IC thread running. =)

Offline poolside

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 16:20:58 »
Hey Merlin
Any chance that you are going to make a GB for Duck Eagle/Viper weright insert after this GB?
Thanks man

I would be down for one of these Viper weights as well!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 09:40:58 »
UPDATE

Machine has finally been fixed. No other updates...*cry*

In other news...I had a package return to me full of Octagon V2 Weights...PSA: When I send you a shipping invoice, make sure your address is correct..and if you plan to move...please make the necessary changes with your postal office....sigh. 

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #165 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 09:53:50 »
UPDATE

I was informed last night that the plates would be done today! I should receive some photos and maybe even a video. Here's hoping that the plates are as I envision in my head! Glad to see this coming to a close haha.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #166 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 10:01:54 »
Is this real life?

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 10:13:35 »
UPDATE

I was informed last night that the plates would be done today! I should receive some photos and maybe even a video. Here's hoping that the plates are as I envision in my head! Glad to see this coming to a close haha.

Hype level increasing...
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 10:16:41 »
Is this real life?

Is this just fantasy?

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 10:18:14 »
UPDATE

Woot woot! Thanks for the good news, Merlin. Can't wait to see how they all turned out.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #170 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 10:21:08 »
UPDATE

Oh yay!!!

Merlin64, would you mind updating the spreadsheet with my weight that I got from zacheadams?

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #171 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 16:06:06 »
UPDATE

Oh yay!!!

Merlin64, would you mind updating the spreadsheet with my weight that I got from zacheadams?

:thumb:

Offline boo

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 21:10:17 »
Looking to get an orion weight if anyone has a change of heart.

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 13:34:00 »
@merlin64

It's been almost two weeks since the update that the weights would be done. Any news or are you still just as in the dark as we are?

Offline boo

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 20:31:19 »
Bump on the Orion weight. If anyone is offloading theirs, please let me know. I will take it from you. Thanks!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 02:37:22 »
@merlin64

It's been almost two weeks since the update that the weights would be done. Any news or are you still just as in the dark as we are?

I messaged him a few days ago and got this update, guess he forgot to post about it: 

Quote from: merlin64
I'll be making a post today about the weights. He's done, but I noticed on some of the photos that a plate was scratched, so I asked him to fix it. This was last week and I haven't heard back...he might have discovered more scratched plates and knew I wasn't going to take it.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #176 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 10:30:54 »
LIES!!!

No just kidding lol! Yes looks like I forgot to post on the thread. I wrote the message to kawasaki and I guess in my mind I thought I had posted on the thread. I'll ping him again for this week's update.

By the way I don't think @merlin64 gives me any kind of notification.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 10:39:10 »
LIES!!!

No just kidding lol! Yes looks like I forgot to post on the thread. I wrote the message to kawasaki and I guess in my mind I thought I had posted on the thread. I'll ping him again for this week's update.

@name doesn't do any kind of notification to my knowledge

Offline gaiden

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 10:40:13 »
LIES!!!

Wow he's alive! Sent you pm 😀

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #179 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 11:40:45 »

I just do it to make sure people (and you) know who I am addressing. Makes more sense in threads like the Viper GB where a 'mini GB' for diffusers sprung up inside an existing thread with multiple people coordinating stuffs.

Anyway, hope to see some photos soon! I lined up an engraver for my plate ages ago now I just need to get it!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 10:40:15 »
FYI, if you guys can't get a hold of me here. It's probably because I've been on reddit more. You can contact me via u/merlin36 there.

Reason being, the Seattle MKB community is on reddit so it's been easier for me to give/receive keyboard related advice.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 10:00:42 »
UPDATE

Apparently the air compressor/vacuum system has started to fail so didn't quite finish all the units. Sigh......

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #182 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 09:18:44 »
UPDATE

Ok guys, I was given a new estimate! 1 week to ship time to me! Fingers crossed!

Offline gaiden

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 09 June 2017, 12:07:50 »
UPDATE

Ok guys, I was given a new estimate! 1 week to ship time to me! Fingers crossed!
Woot

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #184 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 13:38:27 »
UPDATE

Yep slight delay, but ship time going to be next Wednesday actually. Should get to me by Thursday/Friday.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #185 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 14:24:37 »
UPDATE

Yep slight delay, but ship time going to be next Wednesday actually. Should get to me by Thursday/Friday.

:thumb:

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #186 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 16:04:18 »
UPDATE

Surprise Surprise...not shipped yet. But at least we are talking shipping now. He's finishing up the engraving on the last of the brass Orions. Everything else is done. So far so good. In other news..I finally built my Octagon V2. haha.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 16:09:18 »
UPDATE

Surprise Surprise...not shipped yet. But at least we are talking shipping now. He's finishing up the engraving on the last of the brass Orions. Everything else is done. So far so good. In other news..I finally built my Octagon V2. haha.

Thanks for the update, Merlin.

If you decide to run a Viper/ Eagle weight, you're going to a different manufacturer, right...?

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #188 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 16:26:10 »
I am doing it, still in negotiations with manufacturers. Nothing official yet.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #189 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 16:29:48 »
Awesome man. Looking forward to it- quite sure it will be a hit!!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #190 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 10:12:56 »
UPDATE

Weights are in boxes and ready to ship to me! I actually asked him to hold on to it for a bit longer so delay is 100% my fault this time. Not gonna be here this weekend to receive such a large/heavy package figured it would be safer to just put it off for a few more days.

After receiving, plan is to test fit again on a community member's blackbird. Please remember that I have neither of the boards so totally relying on people with Duck boards to do this.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #191 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 10:30:39 »
UPDATE

Weights are in boxes and ready to ship to me! I actually asked him to hold on to it for a bit longer so delay is 100% my fault this time. Not gonna be here this weekend to receive such a large/heavy package figured it would be safer to just put it off for a few more days.

After receiving, plan is to test fit again on a community member's blackbird. Please remember that I have neither of the boards so totally relying on people with Duck boards to do this.

Home stretch baby, thanks for all the time and effort you've put in so far merlin :)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #192 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 10:02:38 »
UPDATE

The package is currently out for delivery!! Hurray. I'm so excited to see these done!

QA on my part is next, which involves test fitting once again (this weekend), looking for any crazy defects, and making sure everyone has what they ordered.

Please keep in mind, I haven't charged anyone for shipping yet, so if you haven't alreadym update those PayPal shipping addresses.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #193 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 14:53:42 »
And the weights are in!! Came in two boxes, pretty heavy. Woohoo!

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 15:07:16 »
And the weights are in!! Came in two boxes, pretty heavy. Woohoo!

If you need to send some out for test fit, hit me up... Im in CO but i can help if you want!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #195 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 15:09:27 »
Thanks for the offer! We have a few here in Seattle to help! I'll be doing it this weekend though.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #196 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 13:19:41 »
Yo Merlin, I've traded my Black Bird. Should I go about trying to find someone that may want my spot or does that person already exist? :P

Engraved Stainless Steel weight

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #197 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 13:28:41 »
Yo Merlin, I've traded my Black Bird. Should I go about trying to find someone that may want my spot or does that person already exist?

Maybe you should offer it to the person with whom you traded the Black Bird :)

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #198 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 13:34:19 »
Yo Merlin, I've traded my Black Bird. Should I go about trying to find someone that may want my spot or does that person already exist?

Maybe you should offer it to the person with whom you traded the Black Bird :)

I did. Didn't seem to know this existed and wasn't interested. I don't mind keeping what I paid for but figured I'd try and get it to someone who has a Black Bird :P

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #199 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 14:06:02 »
Admittedly the black bird weights don't really add too much haha. But Mr_BeastQuake, you're in WA. I can either meet up with you in a week or so, or if you're going to the Seattle meetup on the 22nd, I can hand it to you then.