Author Topic: Polymer Salon: Catching up and catching on!  (Read 2704965 times)

Offline fendent

• * Maker
Re: Polymer Salon: < THE GRiND DATE >
« Reply #1100 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:00:45 »
form closed

Offline HOBI3CAT

• FraktalKaps.com
    • Fraktal Kaps Website
« Reply #1101 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:03:07 »
Show Image

green means go!

I don't need it...

« Last Edit: Fri, 15 July 2022, 11:43:44 by HOBI3CAT »
Eat, Sleep, Resin, Repeat.

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #1102 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:04:43 »
invoices out!

Offline Gacct

Re: Polymer Salon: &lt; THE GRiND DATE &gt;
« Reply #1103 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:05:39 »
My wallet thanks you, but not my heart. Grats to winners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline soupymeatballs

« Reply #1104 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:06:44 »
No luck  :( . Hope winners enjoy it! Thanks fendent

Offline godinjointform

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1105 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:07:33 »
rip, grats to the winners. thanks for continuing to make dope caps, fendent

Offline Randalljai

« Reply #1106 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:08:52 »
One day..

Offline goodman247

• It's confirmed, I'm an idiot.
« Reply #1107 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:08:57 »
This is my dog Goby hiding in the tub from thunder.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #1108 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:09:45 »
Damn, better luck next time I guess. Congrats to winners and thanks Fendent!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1109 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:10:57 »
Grats winners!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline glack23

« Reply #1110 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:11:04 »
Ohhh miss another one :(

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #1111 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:11:47 »
Grats winners!

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #1112 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:31:08 »
all paid up so no reraffles tonight y'all. thanks everyone for coming out! your support means the world to me

Offline goodman247

« Reply #1113 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 19:34:21 »
all paid up so no reraffles tonight y'all. thanks everyone for coming out! your support means the world to me
Congratz to all the winners and thanks again for the raffle!! Hope for better luck next time.

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #1114 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 21:02:02 »
Show Image

chomp chomp

Imagine flossing those bad boys!  :eek:

Offline Elth

• Easy now fuzzy little man peach
« Reply #1115 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 21:05:48 »
TGR Jane V2 | TGR 910 | TGR Jane CE

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #1116 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 20:11:50 »
no luck. congrats wieners !

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #1117 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 10:20:34 »

is this a sale

soon

like today

soon

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1118 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 10:40:00 »
Co Kane Flow
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #1119 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 10:43:48 »

Offline watchy0ubac

« Reply #1120 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 11:30:38 »
I was just about to go to sleep too, guess I won't be doing that.

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
« Reply #1121 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 11:32:59 »
:eyes:
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #1122 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 11:45:45 »
I was just about to go to sleep too, guess I won't be doing that.

Same thought I had, I'll put on the coffee...

Offline watchy0ubac

« Reply #1123 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 11:46:39 »
Well I was going to go to sleep but maybe I'll stay up a bit longer...

We're in this together, friendo

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #1124 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 11:47:06 »
Guys, just go to bed. It's really important for your health. There's always new keps in the future ;)

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #1125 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 11:48:13 »
Guys, just go to bed. It's really important for your health. There's always new keps in the future ;)
Sounds like someone is trying to improve their odds...

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #1126 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 11:56:04 »
Sounds like someone is trying to improve their odds...
How dare you suggest such a manipulative thing ;)

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #1127 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:01:24 »
As I'm finishing up packing and shipping today, I thought I'd have another little sale to round out this week.

And today there's a couple of options! Due to recent tragic events at the asbestos mine in my backyard, I no longer have easy access to a wealth of asbestos and talc, but on the other hand I have a surplus of gold to share with y'all!

Here's what you'll be playing for today:

Texas Tea

Black Gold Sun

So pick your way to play and get a chance at one of these!

1. Giveaway

All you need to do is post a reply in this thread something interesting about where you live, used to live, or where you grew up. I'm looking for local legends, weird stuff, interesting history, etc. I'm excited to hear about this stuff! The winner of this will receive a Texas Tea Murray.

2. Auction

Add to your chances at getting a Texas Tea by checking out this auction. I know some of you won't be able to participate in this, so hopefully one of the other two options serves you well!

LINK TO THE AUCTION

3. Raffle

Additionally, your entry into the giveaway will also enter you into a raffle for one more Texas Tea keycap! This will be sold at retail to the winner.

If you do not want your giveaway entry to enter you into the raffle, please say as such in your reply!

4. Sale

And finally! You know em, you love em! A nice little nano-sale to round everything off. This is a raffle for a Black Gold Sun Murray.

ENTRY TO THE SALE FORM

----

Timing and additional instructions:

The giveaway (#1) and raffle (#3) will end at 9pm EST.

The sale (#4) entry form will close at 10pm EST.

Good night and good luck!

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #1128 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:06:32 »
My house in New Orleans did not get flooded during Katrina but did get looted. Took all my systems except the GameCube, which was funny to me since it had a handle.

Offline ns90

« Reply #1129 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:10:11 »
Supposedly there used to be a radio station in my home town that was responsible for intercepting the Zimmerman note during World War I

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline glack23

« Reply #1130 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:12:33 »
Used to be Britain's ***** then Japan's ***** for a while then back to Britain's ***** then this one guy said 'let's be Malaysia's *****' and Malaysia said 'yes, wait no'

'Damn, I guess we'll trade with everyone and be everyone's *****' he said, carrying the entire island country from a third world to a first world country

(Singapore for anyone curious)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #1131 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:13:47 »
I'm from Baton Rouge, LA. The birthplace of Raising Cane's, home of LSU, and generally not that interesting compared to New Orleans.

I did meet a guy the other day who claimed to have been in an auto accident that left him in a coma for 8 months. He said the papers described it as "divine intervention" since the his car had the top sliced clean off by an 18 wheeler and when they found him he was pinned in place and somehow not ripped in half himself. Don't have any proof of his story but I want to believe.

Oh and we also have this testament to fine work in commercials:

Offline watchy0ubac

« Reply #1132 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:14:43 »
Probably well known, but the town Fargo has a popular movie and now series called Fargo named after it. However, it wasn't actually filmed in Fargo, but in Minneapolis and Brainerd instead.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1133 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:20:41 »
Leonard "Bud" Lomell, a local legend in Toms River, single handedly destroyed 5 155mm German guns threatening the lives of soldiers landing on Omaha and Utah beaches on D-Day. He then went on to earn a silver star later in the war.

Dude was a badass and a great man

Offline goodman247

« Reply #1134 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:21:19 »
I studied abroad in Tokyo for a year and my university is at the outer edge of the city. There is this little family own restaurant (no more than 5 tables) and its operated by an elderly husband and wife duo. The husband would wake up early in the morning to go to the fish market everyday to buy the freshest seafood and then go to the farmers market to get the best vegetables. They also have very very reasonable price since almost all of the patrons are students, suffice to say, this is the best restaurant I ever been to because the menu is always different base on the availability of that days ingredients!! This was one of the best experience I've had in my life. This is by far my most interesting experience and period of my life, where I get to eat good and affordable food in a city known for super high cost of living. Thank you for reading, and good luck to everyone on their raffle!!

Offline mangoes

« Reply #1135 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:25:19 »
I used to live in a town called Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania. As you can probably guess from the name, this was the town in which George Washington famously crossed the Delaware River. Now this wouldn't be significant if it weren't for the reenactment that occurred every year during Christmas time. Normally it goes off without a hitch. People dressed as Washington and his crew take some horses to the riverside, get on the boat, and ride across to New Jersey. Basically, they do exactly what Washington did in the past. When there are flaws though, the event will get cancelled. However, sometimes these flaws aren't seen beforehand. One time in memory, the horse that "Washington" was riding was pretty unhappy. So, mid ride, he flung the dude off him. Another time, the river was higher than they expected, so they had to cancel the boating part of it. So the crew drove across the Delaware Bridge instead. Much less historically accurate, that's for sure. All in all, the town was super nice and pretty and I loved it, but those reenactments were very interesting!

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #1136 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:25:39 »
I know you’ve been to Seattle already but one of my favorite things about it is the Theo chocolate factory. Behind it they have a dumpster of chocolate that is just cut out of normal supply because it doesn’t have the correct mix of chocolate or flavors in them. Basically the in between flavor stuff from the machines. They’re still wrapped of course. What’s great is that it’s free access so you can go dumpster diving for chocolate if you’re ever in the mood to dumpster dive :3

Offline SakeJams

• HAPPINESS ONLY REAL WHEN SHARED
« Reply #1137 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:26:50 »
So this happened when I was younger (about 6).

Our house needed a new roof so while the repairs were being done, we stayed in a lake house we used to own for a couple days. Well the last day we were there we had one of the scariest storms I'll ever remember, I saw trees falling over and **** outside. It went on until dark and eventually I fell asleep. All I remember after that was waking up in the middle of the night to hearing what heard like a lady screaming outside. I tried to go back to sleep but I kept hearing it. So I got up and went to go look out the window in the living room to see what was out there, but my parents were already standing there in front of the window. It had stopped raining for the most part. I heard the lady screaming again and I asked my mom whats happening, she turned to look at me and told me not to worry and go back to sleep. I remember seeing blue and red lights, so I know the police were there at that point. She didn't tell me what happened until I was much older, but apparently a tree had fallen onto the ladys house and some of the debris had impaled her husband, killing him. I guess she was just screaming out of terror or distraught.

Not that creepy but a pretty weird experience for me as a child haha.

Offline Sparecash

« Reply #1138 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:27:07 »
Hello! New to geekhack and entering raffles and such.

Nothing to famous about myself or my town, but my town was the fastest growing city for a few years back in the early to mid 2000's!

« Reply #1139 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:27:19 »
I used to live in Oz.  You had to put your caps on upside-down to be understood by the rest of the internet.

Offline Taylorisg

« Reply #1140 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:28:23 »
Growing up I lived in a rural area of south central WA where there was an unusual land formation called the Mima Mounds. A lot of lore surrounds how they came to be... dinosaur droppings, native burial ground, aliens, etc... at any rate, we'd drive past these formations on our way to/from home every day and out the window it made the ground look like radio frequencies.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #1141 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:29:25 »
Went rafting down the river about 45 mins from my home. We fell upon a part of a native reserve where the movie The Revenant was partially filmed. It was the scene where he hides on the riverbank in a small nook of the rock that had been eroded. They actually had to fly in snow for a portion and then pack up early because the weather warmed up so much in the middle of our winter. Leonardo being the environmentalist that he is  went on a huge rant about how this was a perfect example of global warming etc. Little did he know due to our location in relation to jet stream and mountains, we actually get Chinooks (Crazy temp fluctuations for a few days). It can go from -40 to 0+ in the same week.. pretty funny I thought! Reminds me to always read up and take a moment to think before ranting

Thanks for the giveaway mate.

Also, I’m in Alberta :)

Offline M

« Reply #1142 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:29:39 »
kinda morbid but a couple streets away from me a fighter jet crashed into a house and killed four people

i hope i didnt just dox myself there

Offline Topernicus

« Reply #1143 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:30:12 »
Well... This is the Kansas City Public Library Parking Garage for the downtown location...
https://roadtrippers.com/us/kansas-city-mo/points-of-interest/kansas-city-library-parking-garage

196925-0

Offline eagerzero

« Reply #1144 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:33:46 »
I live in Stockton, which developed as the main port of arrival during the California gold rush. If it wasn't for people trying to stake a claim and make a fortune finding gold, there probably wouldn't be a town here at all.

Offline pace8500

« Reply #1145 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:35:12 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 September 2023, 06:19:17 by pace8500 »

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #1146 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:36:28 »
I grew up in Northfield, Illinois, which shares the same zip code as Winnetka, Illinois (they are both small towns). The original Home Alone house was filmed in Winnetka, very close to where I went to high school. The Kraft world headquarters was also in Northfield , but moved to Chicago after its merger with Heinz.
Mains: Bakers 6T (silver)   |   Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, thick)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline Nomcr

• Hi I'm Cayde
« Reply #1147 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:38:26 »
I used to live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania during grad school and heard about this abandoned film depot (a place where they would store film reels after the theaters) which lost government funding and became abandoned.

I decided to venture off and check it out since I lived nearby. The place was massive with many buildings and film that was knee deep in some areas. Was one of the most odd and cool places I've been to, but ultimately sad due to all the historic films destroyed due to nature. I happened to find part of Lord of the Rings and kept a frame of Gandalf.

Offline tephwn

« Reply #1148 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:38:31 »
Chicago is known for the famous gangster Al Capone. There still exists today a cocktail lounge called the Green Mill, that used to be Capone's go to place in the evenings. He had a couple of favorite booths he always sat that are still there today. He choose those booths because they provided a good vantage point to the door to see all that walk in. Also, hidden in the bathroom of the Green Mill is a secret tunnel, connecting to a network of tunnels. The public doesn't have access to them, but he would use those tunnels for various purposes, such as hiding from cops, stashing things, and possibly even storing corpses.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Offline ricrackem

« Reply #1149 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 12:50:01 »
I grew up in a town called Plainville, Connecticut. It's name is very fitting, a full 9 square miles of New England stereotypes. Dunkin Donuts, ******* drivers and frigid winters. It wasn't quite small enough to be a "town where everyone knows each other's name" but it was close. One of the biggest urban legends going around our high school was about something called "Pygmy Village," a nearby village supposedly full of little people. There were all sorts of stories, people getting attacked, disappearing etc when they went there, and always that there were 50+ little people doing the attacking.

So being the bored teenagers we were, we decided to go check it out. There was a road to get there, but we decided instead to go through a ****ing trail, we started the hike at around 11PM and finally found the village around midnight or so(it's absolutely miserable hiking in the dark). We didn't think about how flawed this plan was, that most people would probably be asleep at this time but for some reason this made the most sense to us. We only knew we found it because we noticed one lone street light, if not for that light we probably would have never found it. So we walk towards the street light and realize we can see a few houses, we veered off the path to circle around and try to get a better look. We had all heard these houses were tiny, they weren't tiny but they were definitely small. We noticed a few of them had very small doors too, little people sized. I started ****ing freaking out. At this point my 15 year old brain I came to the conclusion that every single rumor I've ever heard of this place must be true. One of the girls we were with started begging the group to leave, I was all for it but we only had one flashlight and the guy with it wanted to stay and check it out more.

I didn't want to stay but I didn't want to all the way home in the dark either, so we all agreed to stay together and try to get a closer look. As SOON as we stepped out from the woods into the village a dog started barking. He wasn't nearby or anything but he was going crazy. A few people are freaking out at this point, but the majority want to keep looking, and keep telling us it's not a big deal. The whole time this dog was barking but he sounded far away enough that we all thought we were alright. We maybe stuck around for 5 more minutes trying to look at some of the houses with the tiny doors before we heard someone yelling. At this point I nearly **** my britches, we couldn't make out what this man was yelling but he sounded very, very angry. Luckily for me this was enough to get everyone in the group to convinced to leave this place. We got ****ing lost because we veered off the trail and it was pitch black out so it took us probably twice as long to get back.

This was probably the most scared I'd ever been in my life and a lot of the people we were with were really shaken up as well. So you know how high school goes...stories became convoluted and twisted and I had people asking me if we really got shot at by a midget and chased by his dog (lol). I ended up going back there once with some people when I was older, and this time via the road, in a car, in the day and realized how dumb we really were. Yeah, it's weird there's some small houses with some small doors in the middle of the woods, but it's ALSO weird for a bunch of kids to be sneaking around there in the middle of the night with a flashlight. I saw no little people, but I did see the small houses, the small doors and the one lone street light that guided our way.

Here's an article on the village for anyone curious: http://www.ctmq.org/pygmy-village/ Thanks a lot for reading my story and sharing in my nostalgia, it's a fun one that gets brought up anytime I see some old buds from high school, and thanks Fendent for the giveaway :)