Author Topic: [GB] YAS62 | Shipped 100% (EXTRAS AVAILABLE)  (Read 199819 times)

Offline Poesjuh

[GB] YAS62 | Shipped 100% (EXTRAS AVAILABLE)
« Reply #500 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 16:13:19 »
So just saw this for the first time, obviously GB over. I understand there are spares? Are there? What’s in the kit for what price and how could I acquire one?

Edit: would appreciate a Pm :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline vtachkov

Re: [GB] YAS62 | Shipped 100% (EXTRAS AVAILABLE)
« Reply #501 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 17:15:34 »
So just saw this for the first time, obviously GB over. I understand there are spares? Are there? What’s in the kit for what price and how could I acquire one?

There's a link on the first post to a google form you can fill out if you'd like to order an extra.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #502 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 17:41:55 »

There's a link on the first post to a google form you can fill out if you'd like to order an extra.

Cool! Thx :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #503 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 22:32:48 »

my build with mix aristotle.

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #504 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 04:40:18 »
Show Image

Show Image

Package came in this morning!
Oh man, I can't wait to get started putting this together. Big thanks to Silent for running this GB  :D

Also thank you for your patience ;D

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #505 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 04:42:12 »

Cool! Thx :)

Yep you can fill form, i already have 2 extras PCB on my hand and just need to make extras plate about 2 days :)

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #506 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 04:45:21 »
Show Image

Show Image

my build with mix aristotle.

Great! I use aristotle too on my first YAS62 PCB

Offline E_rik

« Reply #507 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 05:22:05 »
The extra PCBs are the old version with the 'swapped split spacebar error'. Am I right?

Initially I planned to use normal spacebars. But reading posts like https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92199.0 got me interested in split spacebars.

Silent: I ordered 2 PCBs a couple of weeks ago. If you happen to have some v1.7 PCBs, I would be very grateful. Happy to pay extra.

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #508 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 05:34:36 »
The extra PCBs are the old version with the 'swapped split spacebar error'. Am I right?

Initially I planned to use normal spacebars. But reading posts like https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92199.0 got me interested in split spacebars.

Silent: I ordered 2 PCBs a couple of weeks ago. If you happen to have some v1.7 PCBs, I would be very grateful. Happy to pay extra.

Yep it swapped split spacebar, but this is not big deal even i build 2 keebs with this PCB.

For v1.7 i keep extras just in case someone got problem on their PCB

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #509 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 10:39:13 »
Just placed an order, awaiting your confirmation before ordering a case :P

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #510 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 10:47:36 »
Just placed an order, awaiting your confirmation before ordering a case :P

If you don't mind i'm ship it late or early next month :)
I ordered 22 pcs extras from leeku last time, and it's just 1 left but i got 4 order today so i need another extrars again from him

Offline kupaeto

« Reply #511 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 03:38:25 »
Hi Is it still possible to place a spare order?

And I want to know the shipping price to South Korea(or US DE 19805)

Offline odd

« Reply #512 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 03:40:15 »
Here is my build. Love this keyboard  ;D ;D

« Last Edit: Wed, 14 March 2018, 03:42:36 by odd »

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #513 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 03:42:38 »
Hi Is it still possible to place a spare order?

And I want to know the shipping price to South Korea(or US DE 19805)
Yes of course!

Shipping price is $30 for all over worldwide

Offline C7Kinetic

• /u/ADJ_Reflex
« Reply #514 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 03:44:48 »

Build finished! Built with 68g Zealio stems inside Panda housings. Spacebars have 85g linear stems and all other modifiers with 68g linear stems. This is as close to endgame I'm ever going to get  :p

BTW, is there anyway to map a key in Leeku's software to turn on/off underglow?

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #515 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 03:47:46 »
Here is my build. Love this keyboard  ;D ;D

Show Image

Great!

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #516 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 03:49:41 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Build finished! Built with 68g Zealio stems inside Panda housings. Spacebars have 85g linear stems and all other modifiers with 68g linear stems. This is as close to endgame I'm ever going to get  :p

that is a really great case.
you know i want to ask the same question. theres a keymap labeled led mode0-3, but it dont seem to do anything.

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #517 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 03:50:47 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very najs! another split spacebar  :thumb:

Do you use jigon version 170419? there's option to turn of underglow led from that firmware

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #518 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 03:52:01 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Do you use jigon version 170419? there's option to turn of underglow led from that firmware
can we map a key to turn on and off the led?

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #519 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 03:53:16 »
Look at the attachement to turn off your underglow led

Offline C7Kinetic

• /u/ADJ_Reflex
« Reply #520 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 04:58:40 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

can we map a key to turn on and off the led?

I looked into it and apparently in the latest L3 firmware (L3_171209) there are certain "cheat" phrases you type into the keyboard to toggle some functions. Leeku detailed the available ones:

"bforceled" - LED on  (Save settings x)
"dforceled" - LED off   (save settings x)
"showmergb" -RGB on   (Save settings o)
"turnoffrgb" - RGB off  (save settings o)
"nomentionm" - Do not output string when macro recording  (Save setting x)
"onmentionm" - Outputs a string for macro recording (Save setting x)

To use these, just type the phrase and then press enter (handy to use the keylock fn beforehand)

Offline E_rik

« Reply #521 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 15:47:57 »
The extra PCBs are an older version that don't support split spacebar 2.25 + 1.25 + 2.75 (wider part on the right). They do support 2.75 + 1.25 + 2.25 (wider part on the left).

I did not receive the PCB yet, but I looked carefully at the pictures that Silent posted last year. And I found an undocumented layout for the bottom row that I think should work: 1.25 + 1 + 2.25 + 1.25 + 2.75 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1.

191622-0

Can someone confirm that this will work?

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #522 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 17:39:51 »
The extra PCBs are an older version that don't support split spacebar 2.25 + 1.25 + 2.75 (wider part on the right). They do support 2.75 + 1.25 + 2.25 (wider part on the left).

I did not receive the PCB yet, but I looked carefully at the pictures that Silent posted last year. And I found an undocumented layout for the bottom row that I think should work: 1.25 + 1 + 2.25 + 1.25 + 2.75 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1.

(Attachment Link)

Can someone confirm that this will work?

Yes that's work on universal plate ;)

Offline E_rik

« Reply #523 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 17:43:55 »
Thank you Silentreader!  :thumb:

Offline 69420swag

« Reply #524 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 01:21:18 »
would my DZ60 pcb fit in this case if I picked the case up from kbdfans?

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #525 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 01:38:04 »
would my DZ60 pcb fit in this case if I picked the case up from kbdfans?
dont think you can, theres a non standard blockers. i dont know exactly what unit, but its a non standard bottom row.

Offline Dystopia

« Reply #526 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 04:06:16 »
Anyone tried using Zeals for this pcb? First time building one and they require so much more force to put in than an outemu switch so I'm wondering if it is safe to just force them in or I should use another switch.

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
[GB] YAS62 | Shipped 100% (EXTRAS AVAILABLE)
« Reply #527 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 04:09:54 »
Anyone tried using Zeals for this pcb? First time building one and they require so much more force to put in than an outemu switch so I'm wondering if it is safe to just force them in or I should use another switch.
i use aristotle in zealios housing, mine are easy to put dont need force. if youre using a plate check the bottom, you need to cut the plastic feet, maybe thats what making it hard to put..

« Last Edit: Thu, 15 March 2018, 04:14:04 by gr4v3m4n »

Offline Dystopia

« Reply #528 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 04:29:54 »
i use aristotle in zealios housing, mine are easy to put dont need force. if youre using a plate check the bottom, you need to cut the plastic feet, maybe thats what making it hard to put..

Strange, I've spent the past 20 mins trying to force in like 3 switches and they just wouldn't sit flush against the PCB. Might be because my Zeals are from a different round than yours but I don't think the variance should be that much. Maybe I'll just use different switches instead because my fingers are sore from putting in just a few switches.

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #529 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 04:37:22 »

Strange, I've spent the past 20 mins trying to force in like 3 switches and they just wouldn't sit flush against the PCB. Might be because my Zeals are from a different round than yours but I don't think the variance should be that much. Maybe I'll just use different switches instead because my fingers are sore from putting in just a few switches.
have you cut the 2 small feet at the bottom of the switch? i did forgot once and it took little bit of force to seat the switch.

Offline Dystopia

« Reply #530 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 07:23:58 »

have you cut the 2 small feet at the bottom of the switch? i did forgot once and it took little bit of force to seat the switch.

Should i be snipping those off? The PCB has holes for them so I thought it was fine to leave them one  :-X

Offline gr4v3m4n

• my store
« Reply #531 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 08:05:25 »

Should i be snipping those off? The PCB has holes for them so I thought it was fine to leave them one  :-X
yes snap them off, those are for pcb mounted switches.

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #532 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 08:10:11 »

Is that for all switches?
you can cut that 2 pin on feet on bottom switches. PCB it's self support PCB mount switches but i think zeal have bigger feet pcb mount

Offline Dystopia

« Reply #533 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 12:13:54 »

you can cut that 2 pin on feet on bottom switches. PCB it's self support PCB mount switches but i think zeal have bigger feet pcb mount

Yea, all switches are tight except for those on the spacebar row because that row has a lot more clearance. I'll do what you and the other guy recommended and cut off the extra legs and I'll see how it goes  :)

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #534 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 12:16:35 »

Yea, all switches are tight except for those on the spacebar row because that row has a lot more clearance. I'll do what you and the other guy recommended and cut off the extra legs and I'll see how it goes  :)

Be carefull when you solder it. sometimes switches tilt when it's soldered because those 2 extra legs gone.

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #535 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 14:02:42 »
One last bump to see if anyone has an extra brass plate they'd like to trade/sell me for my ss one or if someone in the states is ordering and wants an ss one and would be willing to make a small profit for trading a brass one with me.

Offline darkslay3r

« Reply #536 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 22:14:40 »

you can PM SilentReader for extras, i think he has 40+ extras left

Viper V2 | TGR 910 CE | TGR 910 Poly R1 | RF 55g

Offline child

« Reply #537 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 01:58:30 »
Is there any way to program the PCB without Windows? I do not have access to a Windows machine.

Offline E_rik

Offline child

« Reply #539 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 04:51:40 »
Thanks, but did you actually try it? It supports some of Leeku's PCBs, but not YAS62 exactly. At least I don't see any mention of it at https://github.com/xauser/tmk_keyboard/tree/xauser/keyboard/l3

Offline E_rik

« Reply #540 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 06:08:12 »
No, I am stil waiting for my PCB to arrive, so I did not try it yet. Also, I have Windows installed on a virtual machine on my Mac.

Offline teamrushpntball

« Reply #541 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 10:56:45 »
Just finished building mine and decided I do not like the wood case I had made.  Besides the Tina case are there any other options?

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #542 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 11:01:07 »
Just finished building mine and decided I do not like the wood case I had made.  Besides the Tina case are there any other options?

SKBXX you can see thread here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92403.new;topicseen#new

I think it will going to GB very soon

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #543 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 17:21:43 »

Are you Conus? I might be interested in buying your wooden case

Offline babyphil

« Reply #544 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 22:06:56 »
Finally built mine. Navies and GMK 9009. LEDs are bright!

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #545 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 15:21:35 »
Quick question.

I'm currently looking for stabs for my incoming YAS :)
Going for a 6,25u space (so 1,5u / 1,5u, 6,25u / 1,25u, 1 / 1 / 1 bottom row), and most likely a split backspace, rest regular ansi.

Do I need pcb or plate mounted stabs?
And if I'm correct;
2u (left shift)
2u (enter)
6,25u (space)

That's it right? Assuming I'm going with a split backspace.

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #546 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 16:30:21 »
Are extras going to be shipped soon?

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #547 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 17:03:58 »
Quick question.

Going for a 6,25u space (so 1,5u / 1,5u, 6,25u / 1,25u, 1 / 1 / 1 bottom row), and most likely a split backspace, rest regular ansi.

And if I'm correct;
2u (left shift)
2u (enter)
6,25u (space)

Yep that's correct.
For PCB or Plate mount depend on what you like.
I use PCB mount for shift and enter, and Plate mount for spacebar.

Not yet. Currently on remaking plate.
I am ready to ship it last week but when i'm check it again to make sure everythings good before i ship, plate size just too large about 1cm unfortunatelly.
Hope end of this week plate ready.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #548 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 17:27:28 »
Quick question.

And if I'm correct;
2u (left shift)
2u (enter)
6,25u (space)

Yep that's correct.
For PCB or Plate mount depend on what you like.
I use PCB mount for shift and enter, and Plate mount for spacebar.

Not yet. Currently on remaking plate.
I am ready to ship it last week but when i'm check it again to make sure everythings good before i ship, plate size just too large about 1cm unfortunatelly.
Hope end of this week plate ready.

Good to hear extra's are close to getting shipped since my case is getting shipped this week as well :P

For the stabs, I can use both pcb AND plate mount, is that correct?

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #549 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 17:30:08 »
Good to hear extra's are close to getting shipped since my case is getting shipped this week as well :P

For the stabs, I can use both pcb AND plate mount, is that correct?

Yep it's support both of them.
Just choose which one do you like  ;D