Author Topic: GMK 'Miami Nights' + CMYKv2 + spacebars: In Limbo/Unfulfillment  (Read 410338 times)

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
Re: GMK 'Miami Nights' + CMYKv2 + spacebars
« Reply #900 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 17:56:34 »
Shaming parasites is so easy here, you do not deserve the time nor space here on GH because all you do is place unnecessary pressure on the REAL participants.

I worship Ivan like most of us do

Even though it's the norm with Elrick this hyperbolic language is gross. You don't worship group leaders, new users aren't parasites. What's funny is how strongly Elrick reacts to GBs failing to reach MOQ, then goes on to protect GB organizers when they haven't posted an update in 3+ months by calling participants unreasonable newbies with no patience because who don't 'get' that Ivan is this totally trustworthy guy. Your unconditional support for the GBs leaders is not helpful.

@Halvar: I couldn't have put it better. The whole concept of GB must be reconsidered, a single person is a single point of failure. This is one thing I've always liked in [CTRL]ALT GB's , you have at least 2 people who know what's going on, and when people entrust you with their money they expect from you to act responsible.

Well that party system sure worked out great for Toxic and other GBs of theirs
Raindrop.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #901 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 01:11:20 »
Shaming parasites is so easy here, you do not deserve the time nor space here on GH because all you do is place unnecessary pressure on the REAL participants.

FACT one tosser, I put down over $300+ USD on this months ago and in your tiny mind you think I'm somehow not a REAL participant, get a load of this, some little nut-sack thinks he's more important than anyone else here  :)) .

Suspect you maybe one of those arseholes who joined last week, then did a claim on Paypal and now you think you're justified in your conduct?  All you did was force Ivan to slow down this GB just to please your stupid self and here it is again those selfish fvcktards who think they can screw everyone else here who have been waiting for more than six months on this event.

Listen again here you tiny minded toss-pot, you deserve the pressure because you didn't do anything nor contributed anything at all other than to slow the process down for the rest of us who stood by Ivan, we didn't bail ship nor did we complain like b1tches for nothing at all.  All his GBs run like this now, like Qtan's, 7bit's and Imsto's as well, not everyone here on Geekhack is going to wipe your arse for you and hold your hand when it gets dark, forget about that.  Some people will do this for you but Ivan isn't one of them.

Do some research first before justifying your idiot excuses and your inept reasoning, on why you think Ivan should be trashed to serve your own moronic purpose  >:D .
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2015, 01:16:16 by Elrick »

Offline Stabilized

« Reply #902 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 05:53:29 »

FACT one tosser, I put down over $300+ USD on this months ago and in your tiny mind you think I'm somehow not a REAL participant, get a load of this, some little nut-sack thinks he's more important than anyone else here  :)) .

Suspect you maybe one of those arseholes who joined last week, then did a claim on Paypal and now you think you're justified in your conduct?  All you did was force Ivan to slow down this GB just to please your stupid self and here it is again those selfish fvcktards who think they can screw everyone else here who have been waiting for more than six months on this event.

Listen again here you tiny minded toss-pot, you deserve the pressure because you didn't do anything nor contributed anything at all other than to slow the process down for the rest of us who stood by Ivan, we didn't bail ship nor did we complain like b1tches for nothing at all.  All his GBs run like this now, like Qtan's, 7bit's and Imsto's as well, not everyone here on Geekhack is going to wipe your arse for you and hold your hand when it gets dark, forget about that.  Some people will do this for you but Ivan isn't one of them.

Do some research first before justifying your idiot excuses and your inept reasoning, on why you think Ivan should be trashed to serve your own moronic purpose  >:D .

I am not even sure if you're being serious anymore; this seems very extreme and it is hard to assume intention on the internet.
You have conduct quite a ad hominem attack and assumed a lot of details from his limited text in his last post, then continue to attack these assumptions that don't seem to be based on much at all.
Also, I don't think people could have really predicted that Ivan was going to conduct this pretty unusual behaviour, which makes me a little confused about what you mean by "Do some research".

Offline Motan22

« Reply #903 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 08:15:54 »

Elrick you really need to calm down and stop being so hateful and ignorant towards people who have legitimate concerns. You are also wrong, when in a previous post you state that people are not protected during this group buy. They are protected. Paypal provides that protection for up to 180 days.

In the circumstances of those who are filing with Paypal for a return of their money because they have not received any communication with regards to their order for the best part of two months, the only person who can be held responsible for this failing is Ivan unfortunately. It is the responsibility of the person running a group buy to ensure that they provide an adequate level of updates and communication with all involved to ensure that this is not an issue. Although Ivan has a stellar past record for group buys, unfortunately this has not been the case thus far for this one.

For the record, I am involved in this group buy myself and intend to remain here for the long haul due to my past experiences with Ivan being great; however I have complete sympathy and understanding for anyone who is genuinely concerned about the current lack of information from Ivan regarding this group buy, and that failing as I reiterate can only be placed on Ivan.

People don't hand over their money to a cult here Elrick, each individual group buy has to handled professionally by the owner to succeed.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #904 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 11:04:19 »

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #905 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 15:56:14 »
Good lord. 

Some more communication from the group buy organizer would be nice, though.  I mean, come on, man.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Limewirelord

« Reply #906 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 18:10:50 »
Jesus, what is that guy's problem?  It is perfectly legitimate to want feedback for something you paid money for, especially for lack of communication (which has been heavily criticized in the past, a la Sherry and Originative).  While I don't really doubt that Ivan will deliver, whatever people spent on this group buy is still their hard earned money and people certainly are allowed to be concerned if there is 0 communication (and not moderators saying that they are in touch with Ivan).  I feel for Ivan if he was injured or whatnot, but if progress was or wasn't made due to his injury, a short post in 3 months saying so would have alleviated *many* concerns and prevented so many Paypal chargebacks.

The personal attacks on people concerned about their money are completely unwarranted.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #907 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 18:52:47 »
It is perfectly legitimate to want feedback for something you paid money for, especially for lack of communication (which has been heavily criticized in the past, a la Sherry and Originative).  While I don't really doubt that Ivan will deliver, whatever people spent on this group buy is still their hard earned money and people certainly are allowed to be concerned if there is 0 communication (and not moderators saying that they are in touch with Ivan).  I feel for Ivan if he was injured or whatnot, but if progress was or wasn't made due to his injury, a short post in 3 months saying so would have alleviated *many* concerns and prevented so many Paypal chargebacks.

Either you haven't been in too many Group Buys hence your ignorance is clearly showing here.

Here's a list of GBs I've been in and the same type of no real communication being provided; 

* GON is famous for not stating anything here on GH yet he still sells his keyboards with no trouble whatsoever.

* Imsto with his recent BSP GB that went on for more than 9 months again no communication until you receive that shipment notice.

* Qtan when it comes to ordering something off Taobao which can go for months until you get that notice of shipment from him.

* Ivan, past GB's related to previous key-caps associated with BSP and GMK went for months or almost a year before finally getting that shipment notice.

Here's a vital lesson to be learnt, all these guys operate on the assumption that they will only post notice if something is WRONG.  If everything is going to plan then everything will progress to it's final solution, being everyone gets their key-caps and/or keyboards.

You lot all come here demanding something, especially the morons who have done a recent claim against Ivan and still trying to torch him for failing to respond.  Like I keep saying over and over DON'T come here expecting immediate delivery within one month because it will never happen.  Only BunnyLake did one GB like that but it came at a tremendous cost to him and his gang hence he stopped doing it.

Somehow you lot think you are the only ones that matter and somehow it entitles you to file claims against anyone you feel isn't licking your rancid hole for approval.  If it was up to me, all you fvcktards will get your money back with no possible chance of ever participating in any future Group Buys, being held here on Geekhack.   You don't know what the word "Loyalty" means nor do you know what it's like to run a GB at all.  If you don't like being treated in this way then go forth and start your own Group Buy and see what it's like, I would be the FIRST one to file a huge claim against you and you'll soon see what it feels like when the boot is wedged firmly up your own arse - sideways  ;) .
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2015, 18:54:29 by Elrick »

Offline Limewirelord

« Reply #908 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 19:09:52 »
Either you haven't been in too many Group Buys hence your ignorance is clearly showing here.

Here's a list of GBs I've been in and the same type of no real communication being provided; 

* GON is famous for not stating anything here on GH yet he still sells his keyboards with no trouble whatsoever.

* Imsto with his recent BSP GB that went on for more than 9 months again no communication until you receive that shipment notice.

* Qtan when it comes to ordering something off Taobao which can go for months until you get that notice of shipment from him.

* Ivan, past GB's related to previous key-caps associated with BSP and GMK went for months or almost a year before finally getting that shipment notice.

Here's a vital lesson to be learnt, all these guys operate on the assumption that they will only post notice if something is WRONG.  If everything is going to plan then everything will progress to it's final solution, being everyone gets their key-caps and/or keyboards.

You lot all come here demanding something, especially the morons who have done a recent claim against Ivan and still trying to torch him for failing to respond.  Like I keep saying over and over DON'T come here expecting immediate delivery within one month because it will never happen.  Only BunnyLake did one GB like that but it came at a tremendous cost to him and his gang hence he stopped doing it.

Somehow you lot think you are the only ones that matter and somehow it entitles you to file claims against anyone you feel isn't licking your rancid hole for approval.  If it was up to me, all you fvcktards will get your money back with no possible chance of ever participating in any future Group Buys, being held here on Geekhack.   You don't know what the word "Loyalty" means nor do you know what it's like to run a GB at all.  If you don't like being treated in this way then go forth and start your own Group Buy and see what it's like, I would be the FIRST one to file a huge claim against you and you'll soon see what it feels like when the boot is wedged firmly up your own arse - sideways  ;) .

I mean... I've done group buys in the past (mostly Ivan and Ctrl.Alt, but some others) and I don't really have any issue with waiting.  I haven't and haven't planned on doing a PayPal chargeback, which I left out since I assumed you would assume as such (bcuz u are all dum and i luv GON and ivan), as I've had good experiences in the past with Ivan.  I'm not so sure why you (assuming you're not baiting) are so against the idea that people do want a reasonable channel of communication with Group Buy organizers, it's pretty obvious why.  I would never start a group buy as I don't have the ideas for the great colorways that the Group Buy organizers on this site can come up with but I enjoy partaking.  I admire their work and join a group buy when I like the work they do but your worship for the organizers is beyond me.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #909 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 19:17:10 »
It is perfectly legitimate to want feedback for something you paid money for, especially for lack of communication (which has been heavily criticized in the past, a la Sherry and Originative).  While I don't really doubt that Ivan will deliver, whatever people spent on this group buy is still their hard earned money and people certainly are allowed to be concerned if there is 0 communication (and not moderators saying that they are in touch with Ivan).  I feel for Ivan if he was injured or whatnot, but if progress was or wasn't made due to his injury, a short post in 3 months saying so would have alleviated *many* concerns and prevented so many Paypal chargebacks.

#rekt

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #910 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 19:33:23 »
Didn't Ivan post one page back that everything is fine and going according to plan?  I don't feel there's reason to continue filling up the thread with more debate. How about we all go enjoy the holidays and not worry about this for a while?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #911 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 19:49:03 »

As he has a shop, Gon probably gets swarmed with emails so he can't respond all the time.

imsto had to end his past GB early because there weren't enough orders.

PM'd Qtan a couple of times a few months back, haven't heard a response.

Ivan goes MIA on two buys, comes back but responds for people to stop issuing disputes in the same post.

I get that this is a communal effort, but some of these people aren't helping themselves by not being an active member of the community they serve.
Like it or not, there's just going to be new and new people coming and we're going to need them if we want to reach MOQ every time. Caustic comments will drive them away and then where will we be?

Someone mentioned that 7bit takes forever, but at least he goes on DT all the time. He's an active member of his forum, and so the vibe I get from his GB is a jovial one.

Now, I'm not complaining about the long wait. I know this takes time. But I don't appreciate the berating of newer members, nor of GB leaders being silent or being unreasonably behind schedule.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #912 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 20:19:54 »
Didn't Ivan post one page back that everything is fine and going according to plan?  I don't feel there's reason to continue filling up the thread with more debate. How about we all go enjoy the holidays and not worry about this for a while?

+1
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #913 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 20:27:41 »
Elrick, I understand that you're just trying to defend the GB leader. But please try to do so without needlessly attacking other users who just want to know about the status of the keys they've paid money for. Part of the purpose of a GB thread is for participants to request updates and keep the GB leaders accountable.

That goes for everyone. It's fine to ask questions, request updates, etc. But it's not acceptable to be rude to other members who just want to get their stuff, same as you.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline ileben

« Reply #914 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 20:51:25 »
Just because there's a tendency for group buys to lack communication, it doesn't mean that we should just accept is as the norm. We should always strive for improvement, and communication is the basis of customer service. After all, what we all want is for group buys to be as successful as possible, to attract more buyers and reach MOQs more easily. Professionalism from group buy runners would go a long way to improve appeal for new members who are not familiar with how things were run in the past. Sure we can continue running things the same way they have been run so far and keep struggling to reach MOQs, or try to do things better and grab a larger audience. It's in the best interest of everyone.
RF 87 55g (silenced) | FC660C (silenced) | Unicomp Ultra Classic | Filco MJ2 Brown | Matias Mini Quiet Pro

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #915 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 20:58:42 »
GB's leaders are not sellers nor GB's members customers, that is just a wrong assumption. However, an advanced payment gives rights, and nobody is entitled to rule on someone else's rights, if someone decides to complain who we are to ask her to stop. This conversation is totally nonsense, there is nothing to discuss with anyone but with the group buy leader, when he would get in touch with all the people that are waiting for news.

Offline spdeck3

« Reply #916 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 22:21:30 »
i dont join this GB. but i just want to share my PoV as a commoner.
when i joined GB i always ask.

1. the deadline for taking orders.
2. when the item will manufactured.
3. when the item will be shipped.

this GB deadline is in 30 july so ivan would made an orders to GMK in august or maybe september i assume. am i right?.
i know GMK is a PROFESSIONAL manufacturer. so when the order is made, GMK will give the estimated time, we can be sure the orders will finish at that time.
and of course GMK is a BUSINESS COMPANY, so when the orders is not complete in estimated time we can ask them why or even sue them!

the problem is. IF ivan really made an order to GMK in august/september it should be finished right now am i right?
even if he get some accident on BMX, it doesnt mean GMK will stop producing when ivan on accident am i right?

cause from what i heard in january GMK will made a skidata+ and the estimated time for skidata+ to be finished is 4 weeks. (i assume miami night will finished in 4 weeks too)
and i heard in january GMK is open for taking some orders, thats why skidata+ will manufactured in january.
i think all orders made in 2015 already finished by GMK this last month. cause just like all business company they should do year-end closing.

so the big question here, is ivan already made an order to GMK? you should ask that!

i dont blame people who so eager to ask or even dispute the payment.
cause when im in their position and must wait for 5 month, i will do a dispute too to be honest.
if ivan mention the deadline for order is 30 july and you should pay at 30 july but the ETA of this keycaps is next year 2016 trust me no one will ever join this GB!
or atleast me as commoners and many other ppl wont join.
but if ivan is a cult its different.

when you claim yourself as a PROFESSIONAL in this field atleast make something better than massdrop.
for me, so late at fulfilling an order is really really really BIG mistake as a PROFESSIONAL!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #917 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 23:38:29 »
Now, I'm not complaining about the long wait. I know this takes time. But I don't appreciate the berating of newer members, nor of GB leaders being silent or being unreasonably behind schedule.

I'm not "berating" it's just how I communicate in general.

Sorry if my language seems threatening and whatnot but I was born and raised in the bush where expletives are all too common and everyone understands you from the get go.

You should see Friday nights out near Kalgoorlie when everyone's loaded, then it gets real threatening but everyone knows where they stand.  If there's trouble brewing it'll get sorted straight away, anyone misunderstands what the other person is saying then an adjustment is made very quickly.

Maybe because this is the internet and typing is so easy to do compared to talking to someone, face to face.  Hate not seeing anyone's face because you don't know whether you insulted them or congratulated them in some way.

Also because none of the so-called "newer members" know what's going on hence they seem to think this place here is a normal Store to purchase items from which it is in the "Classifieds" section ONLY.  Here in the Group Buy section, it's very different where you hand over your money and wait for something to grow.  It may take a month or two or it may take over a year but everyone should know, this is what Group Buys are all about here on Geekhack.  Great length of time passes and maybe some Group Buy organizers don't communicate readily because they don't want to post inane comments about nothing.

I've been here a long time and been through dozens of GB's so I know what's involved.  But having newer people complaining constantly why isn't the organizer commenting today isn't helping at all and what's worse they think the organizers here will run a Group Buy like they do on MassDrop that quickly.  Maybe it's the young that were born yesterday thinking their days are running out hence they can't be patient at all, which in the end they have to ask themselves what is the rush?

A Group Buy takes as long as it takes and that's about it, I should be the one complaining because I'm reaching towards the end of my life but years of experience dealing with people running Group Buys earns my respect because they are doing something that very few would ever consider doing in their lifetime.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #918 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 23:43:49 »
when you claim yourself as a PROFESSIONAL in this field atleast make something better than massdrop.
for me, so late at fulfilling an order is really really really BIG mistake as a PROFESSIONAL!

YES the ignorant ones again framing Ivan as a professional.  Guess what sunshine, he isn't paid to run this Group Buy in fact anyone who runs a Group Buy here on GH isn't making any money for themselves or making a career out of it for themselves.

If you want to shop at MassDrop then please go spend your money there but don't start posting idiot comments about Ivan and making stupid assumptions, is that clear for you?

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #919 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 23:59:40 »
i wish it will finished soon, it will be a great present for new year. and good luck everyone who joined this GB :)

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #920 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 01:02:33 »

I'm not "berating" it's just how I communicate in general.

Sorry if my language seems threatening and whatnot but I was born and raised in the bush where expletives are all too common and everyone understands you from the get go.

You should see Friday nights out near Kalgoorlie when everyone's loaded, then it gets real threatening but everyone knows where they stand.  If there's trouble brewing it'll get sorted straight away, anyone misunderstands what the other person is saying then an adjustment is made very quickly.

aye aye from Melbourne.

Might have to make the drive out for a pint next time I'm in Perth!  :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #921 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 01:27:10 »
i wish it will finished soon, it will be a great present for new year. and good luck everyone who joined this GB :)

You and I both  ;) .

This will go into next year due to GMK taking time off for their workers, due to Christmas and New Year celebrations (in case anyone didn't know out there).

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #922 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 07:48:26 »
I like the argument on living in a hard environment to justify being a caveman geek hacker.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #923 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 08:41:53 »
Didn't Ivan post one page back that everything is fine and going according to plan?

No. that is not what he wrote at all. Pretty much the only information that his otherwise uninfomative post contained was that things are not going according to plan. Read again.

Sorry I have not been around for awhile.

I just would like to let you know things are still in the works. Please be patient. Sometimes things can take longer than what was initially expected.

If you can PLEASE stop initiating paypal disputes I would really appreciate it. I simply don't have the money to be refunding everyone as it is tied up in product.
If you have an urgent inquiry, please simply send an email. Starting paypal disputes to send a question is not helpful.
THANKS.

Offline Limewirelord

« Reply #924 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 14:18:32 »
I like the argument on living in a hard environment to justify being a caveman geek hacker.
"I'm extremely rude because I'm from the middle of nowhere"

I was trying to frame how someone could see it from another perspective and got pooped on, sad times. :confused:  A big reason why I rarely post on GH and just look at the pretty pictures of all the renders and such for Group Buys instead.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #925 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 15:09:19 »
"I'm extremely rude because I'm from the middle of nowhere"

I was trying to frame how someone could see it from another perspective and got pooped on, sad times. ???  A big reason why I rarely post on GH and just look at the pretty pictures of all the renders and such for Group Buys instead.

Nobless obliged Taylor's animation.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #926 on: Wed, 09 December 2015, 16:36:53 »
Didn't Ivan post one page back that everything is fine and going according to plan?

No. that is not what he wrote at all. Pretty much the only information that his otherwise uninfomative post contained was that things are not going according to plan. Read again.

Sorry I have not been around for awhile.

I just would like to let you know things are still in the works. Please be patient. Sometimes things can take longer than what was initially expected.

If you can PLEASE stop initiating paypal disputes I would really appreciate it. I simply don't have the money to be refunding everyone as it is tied up in product.
If you have an urgent inquiry, please simply send an email. Starting paypal disputes to send a question is not helpful.
THANKS.

He said it is "still in the works" and "tak[ing] longer than initially expected".  So it's taking longer, but still moving forward.  No mention of any deviation from the plan; just taking longer than expected.  Not really understanding all the negativity, but whatever. :shrug:

I'm not going to keep posting in here, it's pointless.  If you're new and reading this, just know that GB's take time, sometimes a long time.  Occasionally you will get screwed.  Never happened to me, and I've now been in at least 11 GB's, but it does happen.  The best way to participate is to pay your money and forget about it.  Follow the thread.  Posting "any updates" is generally not helpful and just lengthens the thread and makes it harder to find the actual updates.  Most GB organizers will post if there is any information to post.  If you choose to be impatient, that's fine, but it's not helpful and just annoying to everyone else by bumping the thread.
I'm back.

Offline justnits

« Reply #927 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 01:28:47 »
just in case if you guys didn't know, the one message that ivan posted is pretty much copy and paste across 3 of his current keycaps groupbuy,
pbt r4, pbt black 2nd wave, and this, with exception that pbt r4 have one sentence more.

so does it mean that all 3 groupbuys are taking longer than usual? or it's just a general message to stop ppl from triggering paypal's dispute claims?
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #928 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 07:23:08 »
It is obvious he is not engage into these buys, as he normally is. Something different is happening with him, just hoping he is well in terms of family and health.

In the other hand people that paid have rights and each one is free to ask, complain or claim as they wish, their monies their rights. There is no way to tell how long these buys would take and people may want to move their monies, if they decide to wait, that would be each one call.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #929 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 16:11:51 »

Show Image

Made me smile!
... ...

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #930 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 16:16:14 »
so much salt

standard gb disclaimer: these things take forever. organizers are bad at communication.

also lol @ Elrick
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #931 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 19:54:20 »
and of course GMK is a BUSINESS COMPANY, so when the orders is not complete in estimated time we can ask them why or even sue them!

That's not really how manufacturing works.  The manufacturer can offer concessions to make the customer happy, but good luck suing.

the problem is. IF ivan really made an order to GMK in august/september it should be finished right now am i right?
even if he get some accident on BMX, it doesnt mean GMK will stop producing when ivan on accident am i right?

Ivan did make an order with GMK.  You are correct, GMK does not stop production when a customer breaks their arm.

i think all orders made in 2015 already finished by GMK this last month. cause just like all business company they should do year-end closing.

That's not really how manufacturing works.  There's no reason to lose the business that would be lost if you refused to carry orders over from one calendar year to another.

so the big question here, is ivan already made an order to GMK? you should ask that!

Yes.

but if ivan is a cult its different.

Ivan is not a cult.  Ivan is a group buy organizer with one of the best track records in this community.  He has earned our trust over the last three+ years.

Ivan has never claimed to be a professional.  He is really good at what he does, but he is not paid for his efforts here.

Offline turboloser

« Reply #932 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:09:23 »
Plastic is srs bzns

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #933 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 21:40:02 »
Plastic is srs bzns

Of course its serious business, especially when there are individuals who poured nearly $200 in this buy. They deserve to receive updates about their product since they paid with their hard earned money for it.

Offline justnits

« Reply #934 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:04:08 »
Something I realized from when I first join GH until now, the concept of Groupbuy and how it was done has changed quite a bit.  :rolleyes:
Is there any official post to understand or discuss it?
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #935 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 22:31:13 »
Something I realized from when I first join GH until now, the concept of Groupbuy and how it was done has changed quite a bit.  ::)
Is there any official post to understand or discuss it?

This.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #936 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 02:31:55 »
Ivan did make an order with GMK.

Thanks for asking Ivan and posting!  :thumb:

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #937 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 16:04:35 »
Right... I have been busy with life and stuff. Sorry if you feel like I'm letting you down or whatever by not posting all the time when there is nothing new to report.
When I have something you need to know, I will come in here and tell you. Until then just sit back and relax. Your keysets will get to you when they are ready.

In regard to my last message...
It's not that I don't understand where some people are coming from. But, initiating a dispute via paypal to ask a question is just bad. It's bad because basically I have no other real option but to issue a refund due to the crappy way paypal works for 'sellers'. It's bad for you potentially because maybe you didn't intend to have you order cancelled... oh well to bad for you because it was and you are not getting back in.
Also, I am not a company. I do this on my freetime. While in the past I have had more freetime, this is currently not the case. I will not be in here as much to answer general inquiries. Please do not let that become a worry to you.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #938 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 16:07:54 »
Right... I have been busy with life and stuff. Sorry if you feel like I'm letting you down or whatever by not posting all the time when there is nothing new to report.
When I have something you need to know, I will come in here and tell you. Until then just sit back and relax. Your keysets will get to you when they are ready.

It's not that I don't understand where some people are coming from. But, initiating a dispute via paypal to ask a question is just bad. It's bad because basically I have no other real option but to issue a refund due to the crappy way paypal works for 'sellers'. It's bad for you potentially because maybe you didn't intend to have you order cancelled... oh well to bad for you because it was and you are not getting back in.
Also, I am not a company. I do this on my freetime. While in the past I have had more freetime, this is currently not the case. I will not be in here as much to answer general inquiries. Please do not let that become a worry to you.

Thanks.  Hope all is well with you.

Edit: seems like people want some details like "the order has been placed" or "in production" or "I have the caps and I'm bathing in them right now" or "there are no caps but here's a picture of me on a beach in Tahiti".
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 16:10:49 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #939 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 19:48:06 »
seems like people want some details like "the order has been placed" or "in production" or "I have the caps and I'm bathing in them right now" or "there are no caps but here's a picture of me on a beach in Tahiti".

Offline turboloser

« Reply #940 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 22:11:15 »
Plastic is srs bzns

Of course its serious business, especially when there are individuals who poured nearly $200 in this buy. They deserve to receive updates about their product since they paid with their hard earned money for it.

So did I hombre, but I also knew that GB's can take anywhere between 8-12 months.

I couldn't care less about updates other than, "Here is your tracking #" or "Production was delayed." ETA's and status nonsense does nothing but annoy me due to how little it actually impacts me getting my keys. If it actually meant something, then people wouldn't still be waiting for sets that had already shipped out 6+ months ago.

I guess I am saying, check your expectations at the door? I dunno.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #941 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 16:02:27 »
seems like people want some details like "the order has been placed" or "in production" or "I have the caps and I'm bathing in them right now" or "there are no caps but here's a picture of me on a beach in Tahiti".

Edit:  Sorry I'm a bit grumpy today.  :-X If you look at my other posts, even the one on this very page, you'll see that I'm not asking for myself but instead for all the impatients.  Thanks.   :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2015, 16:20:27 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Offline Limewirelord

« Reply #942 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:17:10 »
Hey, at least Ivan is alive.  For all we knew, Ivan was kidnapped by pirates aliens except from the word of other people.  Good enough for me.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 December 2015, 13:07:04 by Limewirelord »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #943 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 12:22:02 »
It was aliens not pirates.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #944 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 18:45:02 »
Hey guys, I'm looking to transfer my order here.  I did not order much, just a modifier pack and a couple of black spacebars.  About $60 total.  PM me for more details.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline turboloser

« Reply #945 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 21:28:18 »
Hey guys, I'm looking to transfer my order here.  I did not order much, just a modifier pack and a couple of black spacebars.  About $60 total.  PM me for more details.

I might, I need to review my order - I forgot what I bought.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #946 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 16:34:26 »
I doubt any of the skeptics reached out to Ivan.
I received a reply within a few hours after emailing him.
Everything is fine.
Keep your panties on.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #947 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 16:48:42 »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #948 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 19:32:35 »