Author Topic: GMK 'Miami Nights' + CMYKv2 + spacebars: In Limbo/Unfulfillment  (Read 411531 times)

Offline slushi

Re: GMK 'Miami Nights' + CMYKv2 + spacebars
« Reply #850 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 11:53:03 »
That certainly would be pretty dang sexy.

Well, with our powers combined... haha.

HHKB Pro 2

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #851 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 12:48:23 »
Has anyone heard from Ivan? Is this normal of him? I don't care about the updates re: GBs or anything, but the dude hasn't been on in over two months! Hope he's okay.

Haven't been on GH long enough to know his activity habits, so not sure if this is normal.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #852 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 13:03:40 »
Ivan was never one to post only for the sake if posting, he is a man of few words. But to be honest I never saw him silent for so long. But I think he only has a lot in his mind right now. We'll wait and see how it goes.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #853 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 13:16:34 »
Ivan was never one to post only for the sake if posting, he is a man of few words. But to be honest I never saw him silent for so long. But I think he only has a lot in his mind right now. We'll wait and see how it goes.

Someone in the RS84 buy got a hold of him and it seems that buy is moving forward so I would only assume this buy is still moving forward as well.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #854 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 13:58:54 »
ivan is like santa, you don't hear from him most days, but when he shows up, its always with something good.

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #855 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 18:05:05 »
That certainly would be pretty dang sexy.

Show Image

Well, with our powers combined... haha.
Great, now I have the captain planet song stuck in my head

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #856 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 19:24:24 »
ivan is like santa, you don't hear from him most days, but when he shows up, its always with something good.

He NEVER fails to impress when it comes to delivering on GMKs  8) .

Everyone shall have their bodies fully disturbed when your eyeballs meet these beauties, in fact the colours will remind you that the 80's WERE the best when it came to bright pastels.

Offline turboloser

« Reply #857 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 22:27:16 »
I am still not sure what would be a good keyboard to go with my set, I plan on using the CMYK mods along with it because that's a no brainer. 

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #858 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 13:28:17 »
I am still not sure what would be a good keyboard to go with my set, I plan on using the CMYK mods along with it because that's a no brainer. 

i've been looking for cmyk since this gb started... so rare

Offline zzoroda

« Reply #859 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 06:08:11 »
I'm getting worried about this gb.... :-[

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #860 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 06:49:51 »
I'm getting worried about this gb.... :-[

I really wouldn't.

These things take a while,  just sit back and forget you ordered this,  otherwise it's gonna drive you crazy Bro. I have also been waiting for Hyperfuse for what feels like forever.

It'll come,  and you'll be happy,  so happy.

Offline turboloser

« Reply #861 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 15:45:29 »
Even I know that it takes a minimum of like eight months after MoQ has been met and everyone's been bilked for their dosh to actually get the set in your hands.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #862 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 17:14:45 »

You sound like my wife  8) .

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #863 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 20:21:43 »

Also sounds like my wife. Coming..... :)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #864 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 21:31:34 »
Yikes
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #865 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 21:39:11 »

Also sounds like my wife. Coming..... :)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #866 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 16:32:37 »
Sorry I have not been around for awhile.

I just would like to let you know things are still in the works. Please be patient. Sometimes things can take longer than what was initially expected.

If you can PLEASE stop initiating paypal disputes I would really appreciate it. I simply don't have the money to be refunding everyone as it is tied up in product.
If you have an urgent inquiry, please simply send an email. Starting paypal disputes to send a question is not helpful.
THANKS.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #867 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 16:35:27 »

I just would like to let you know things are still in the works. Please be patient. Sometimes things can take longer than what was initially expected.

If you can PLEASE stop initiating paypal disputes I would really appreciate it. I simply don't have the money to be refunding everyone as it is tied up in product.
If you have an urgent inquiry, please simply send an email. Starting paypal disputes to send a question is not helpful.
THANKS.
Welcome back Ivan. I hope you're doing well.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #868 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 16:39:08 »

THANKS.

Good to read about you.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #869 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 17:09:35 »

THANKS.

Thx for the update Ivan :) best of luck for your absence
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #870 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 20:32:45 »

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #871 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 20:46:33 »
Yusssss! Thanks for the update Ivan.

Offline Butter

« Reply #872 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 21:21:10 »
Oh ****, are my dreaming ?!?!

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #873 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 21:25:29 »
WB!! I'm glad to see you here. Are you healed up after the BMX accident?

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #874 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 21:45:11 »
Glad to see you're back!  Thanks for checking in!   :thumb:

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #875 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 23:03:47 »

THANKS.

Sup, yo.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #876 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 00:26:12 »

THANKS.

It's the idiot noobs that are doing this  >:D .

This may be their first GB and low and behold they start a dispute when they don't get an answer straight away.  These are the ignorant ones who have never been in an Ivan Group Buy before because they are long, not as bad as 7bit GB's but close enough.

The word these new noobs need to learn quickly is to be patient because everything will be delivered by Ivan, he has everything in control and the Good stuff will always take time.

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #877 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 02:35:03 »
Glad to hear any updates from IvanIvanovich. 

Offline Halvar

« Reply #878 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 15:02:59 »
EDIT: deleted rant.

Ivan, if at all possible, please either give us a meaningful update or let someone help you, at least doing updates. And the others, don't try to shame newbies if the GB organizer is the one who is acting untrustworthy. You won't establish trust by shaming newbies and making excuses for bad behaviour of organizers.
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 December 2015, 15:10:18 by Halvar »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #879 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 18:11:16 »
You won't establish trust by shaming newbies and making excuses for bad behaviour of organizers.

If your motto is about ONLY trusting people before handing over your money, then you better get out of here.

Go buy on Ebay because then you'll have a corporation protecting you there but here on GH, it's basically about guessing who to side with.  Personally have dealt with Ivan numerous times in the past so I know what's to be expected but noobs better not participate at all.  In fact all you're doing is further hampering everyone's chance of getting these items.

Like I said before, certain people here on GH are trustworthy it's only the no names you need to watch out for but that is why risking everything is worth the pay off.  If you don't like risking anything go to a fvcking store and buy your gear but don't come here and b1tch and whine about someone not wiping your arse 24/7.

Imagine being in a 7bit Group Buy, most of you lot would of bailed instead of waiting nearly two years for his key-sets (although they are worth it)  :)) .

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #880 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 18:42:37 »
You won't establish trust by shaming newbies and making excuses for bad behaviour of organizers.

If your motto is about ONLY trusting people before handing over your money, then you better get out of here.

Go buy on Ebay because then you'll have a corporation protecting you there but here on GH, it's basically about guessing who to side with.  Personally have dealt with Ivan numerous times in the past so I know what's to be expected but noobs better not participate at all.  In fact all you're doing is further hampering everyone's chance of getting these items.

Like I said before, certain people here on GH are trustworthy it's only the no names you need to watch out for but that is why risking everything is worth the pay off.  If you don't like risking anything go to a fvcking store and buy your gear but don't come here and b1tch and whine about someone not wiping your arse 24/7.

Imagine being in a 7bit Group Buy, most of you lot would of bailed instead of waiting nearly two years for his key-sets (although they are worth it)  :)) .

So the way to make friends is to shame other members, white knight for GB organizers, and typographically fellate them and their sets, it would seem.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #881 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:36:29 »
His point is that waiting around for a GB is normal. The longer you are here, the more you realize how usual it is. New folks don't understand this. Thus it needs to be said over and over so they will keep their cool and not do PayPal disputes and other such nonsense.

So please be patient. If you don't want to be patient, just simply sell your spot and there are many who will buy it.  But the PayPal disputes are just stupid and threaten to ruin the whole thing.
I'm back.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #882 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:42:36 »
His point is that waiting around for a GB is normal. The longer you are here, the more you realize how usual it is. New folks don't understand this. Thus it needs to be said over and over so they will keep their cool and not do PayPal disputes and other such nonsense.

So please be patient. If you don't want to be patient, just simply sell your spot and there are many who will buy it.  But the PayPal disputes are just stupid and threaten to ruin the whole thing.

Yeah the paypal stuff totally derailed GMK RGBK a while back

I think part of the problem is that when gb noobs come and find the page on GH all they see is how the awesome product and a price and think it will be shipping the day after the GB ends - I know that pretty much everyone who spends a decent amount of time on GH will have a rough estimate of when something will ship but I think it is something that should be added to more GB OP's for the sake of the padawans

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #883 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:43:34 »

At the same time, however, you alienate newcomers and returning customers. With high MOQs from businesses like GMK, it's going to be harder to make custom sets with quality materials by having people trust GB runners less.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #884 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:50:07 »

At the same time, however, you alienate newcomers and returning customers. With high MOQs from businesses like GMK, it's going to be harder to make custom sets with quality materials by having people trust GB runners less.

Who exactly am I alienating and how?  Not sure how I could have been more diplomatic.

I've said it time and time again: the best way to participate in a group buy is to pay your money and then forget about it. Newcomers need to hear it over and over until they understand.

The irony is that the same people who complain about having to wade through 50 pages to find a GB status are the same people posting 50 pages of "When will this ship?"
I'm back.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #885 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 20:52:01 »

When I joined my first GH groupbuy it was all the other people in the thread that had previous experience with the organiser that made me feel safe enough in giving my money to who was basically a stranger to me

I think that it is important that the senior voices of GH do some of the talking - the problem only really occurs when you get all the noobies posting at the same time demanding to know what's happening

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #886 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 00:21:13 »

Who exactly am I alienating and how?  Not sure how I could have been more diplomatic.

I've said it time and time again: the best way to participate in a group buy is to pay your money and then forget about it. Newcomers need to hear it over and over until they understand.

The irony is that the same people who complain about having to wade through 50 pages to find a GB status are the same people posting 50 pages of "When will this ship?"

Sorry, I wasn't talking about you when I said "you," but the general "you."

Damn it English. Why'd you have to get all sensitive and get rid of "ye"?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #887 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 01:04:21 »
So the way to make friends is to shame other members, white knight for GB organizers, and typographically fellate them and their sets, it would seem.

Shaming parasites is so easy here, you do not deserve the time nor space here on GH because all you do is place unnecessary pressure on the REAL participants.

Who needs more idiot morons to participate in a Group Buy?  We should be separating those ingrates from the greater population, rather than encouraging them to join  ;) .

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #888 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 08:08:27 »

Shaming parasites is so easy here, you do not deserve the time nor space here on GH because all you do is place unnecessary pressure on the REAL participants.

Who needs more idiot morons to participate in a Group Buy?  We should be separating those ingrates from the greater population, rather than encouraging them to join  ;) .

Just noticed your username, i'm guessing that you are the same elrick guy that's always posting **** on the massdrop discussion threads? What a ****!ng surprise.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #889 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 08:20:05 »

I get that you want to keep GH a nice little tightly knit community filled with familiar usernames. But you're bound to get new members, and new members who are unaccustomed to this lack of communication.
Posting regular updates to the OP isn't too much to ask, I think, , and saves people having to sift through pages of a thread to find out the status of a buy.

Also, it's going to be hard to meet MOQ by turning away customers. It should be reminded that Ivan had to buy the rest of the orders to meet MOQ on this. I'm pretty sure he can't be doing that every GB he runs in the future.

Anyway, there already on threads on this issue so I won't be saying much more on it.

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #890 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 09:09:57 »

Wow, you're a real piece of work.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #891 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 09:16:24 »
I worship Ivan like most of us do, I've been in all of his GMK GBs from the start on (love my purple mods), all of these were flawlessly executed by him, and I'm very thankful for that. Also, he has great taste in everything Cherry. Of course I didn't file a dispute or anything over this and don't plan to, and I still think this will all work out.

That said, you're wrong, elrick. You can't blame a newbie for panicking when there's zero communication from a GB organizer for two months while the GB is just at the point that he collected all the money from people. Falling silent for so long is a kind of behaviour that by any GB organizer or vendor is not cool and will always lead to disputes.

As the GH community, in our own interest, we have to stop vindicating and excusing this kind of behaviour by organizers, which is something that is being done by community celebs again and again. I won't even start listing the GBs that have fully or almost gone south during the last year -- it's becoming an epidemic.

We should start a discussion on how we can prevent things like this from happening and make GBs more reliable and trustworthy with the growing number of GBs and orders per GB we have seen. Maybe it should be mandatory to always name a "deputy GB organizer" who can inform people and take care of stuff if need. Maybe there are other ways. To have one guy alone sit on a pile of money, responsibility, and tasks without other people's attendance and help in case something happens is just not a good concept.

Even with Ivan's short return this particular GB is still not going well. Even after his "update" post we don't know anything: We don't know what has been going on in the last two months, we don't know if the order has been filed with GMK, we don't even know about MOQ. We don't know at all what it is that is taking "longer than what was initially expected". It isn't necessary for Ivan to lay out his personal life on the internet, but IMO we do need to ask for more information on the status of the group buy, the MOQ, the GMK order and if there are any further obstacles that will need our patience. I have been in 7bit's Round 4 and Round 5, and I have lots of patience, as I'm sure everyone here has, but we need to know what's going on.

I don't know what happened to Ivan that caused the lack of communication, From my experience with Ivan I'm sure it's been something serious. It is always said here that RealLife is more important that keyboards, and that's true, but collecting 10,000s of $$ from people around the world is pretty much as real as things get. I can hardly imagine any reason for anyone to take that so lightly that he/she isn't able to give any life sign for several months. From a seasoned and respected GB initiator, this way to cope with problems is also sending a very bad signal to college kid GB organizers when they are in over their head.

My message to newbies would be: you are generally right in becoming suspicious when a GB organizer stops communicating for several months in a phase where he shouldn't. In this case it's Ivan though, and Ivan is special in that we know Ivan long enough to be sure that he will deliver in the end in spite of what it might look like right now. Which does not excuse falling silent for so long and then just posting some undescript generalities.

« Last Edit: Sun, 06 December 2015, 09:48:21 by Halvar »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #892 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 10:32:21 »

We cannot lead or rule on someone else money: An advance payment gives rights, to ask, to get timely information and, finally, to get her stuff or a refund.

The payment gives you rights and it does not depend if the group organizer has a good track record. We that know Ivan may share our own thoughts and we can give people who do not know him yet some advice, but we cannot rule on someone else money; we cannot ask them to decline on their rights.

Offline Stabilized

« Reply #893 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 10:55:38 »
Has Ivan done this kind of thing before? Just wondering as I guess I am a 'noob' (don't even know what is meant by that).

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #894 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 10:59:26 »
Has Ivan done this kind of thing before? Just wondering as I guess I am a 'noob' (don't even know what is meant by that).

He has ran multiple GBs for the community so far, and he has always delivered. This is the first time, as far as I know, that he has a long silence about the progress of a buy, somewhere he wrote that he suffered an accident, that may prevent him to keep the GB's participants posted; but, only him can tell, and in my humble opinion, he has to provide more specifics about the buy.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #895 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 11:43:01 »
@Halvar: I couldn't have put it better. The whole concept of GB must be reconsidered, a single person is a single point of failure. This is one thing I've always liked in [CTRL]ALT GB's , you have at least 2 people who know what's going on, and when people entrust you with their money they expect from you to act responsible.

I have patience, and I trust Ivan, he has a long history of running GB's he knows how to do it.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #896 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 11:54:42 »
This is Ivan's thread; thus, out of respect, you should open other discussion on group buys organization elsewhere.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #897 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 17:11:00 »

He has ran multiple GBs for the community so far, and he has always delivered.

You're dealing with Ivan and he has NEVER duped, stolen or misrepresented anything when it comes to running any of his Group Buys.

He has become less and less corresponding in his section as time goes by simply because running these things has become boring and uneventful because you are relying upon more numbers of people to sign in and also for GMK to come on line (guessing here).

So for all the youngsters interested in felching their way to the top here, save your time and effort because he doesn't need that right now but he could do with some loyalty and perseverance.  I've dealt with him before (am in this GB also) and he isn't as bad as 7bit.  By the way anyone who hates waiting for two years on their key-caps should participate in his Group Buys, then you'll know what dedication is all about  8) .

Offline Limewirelord

« Reply #898 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 09:51:46 »
Finally, a response.  I bought into Miami Nights a while ago and was getting worried after a while of no communication.  I really don't care about length of time of a group buy but some better communication is greatly appreciated.  I don't blame people for initiating paypal disputes when the only information we've been getting is from other people that have been talking to Ivan...

Offline GSimon

« Reply #899 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 12:19:20 »

I worship Ivan like most of us do

Even though it's the norm with Elrick this hyperbolic language is gross. You don't worship group leaders, new users aren't parasites. What's funny is how strongly Elrick reacts to GBs failing to reach MOQ, then goes on to protect GB organizers when they haven't posted an update in 3+ months by calling participants unreasonable newbies with no patience because who don't 'get' that Ivan is this totally trustworthy guy. Your unconditional support for the GBs leaders is not helpful.

@Halvar: I couldn't have put it better. The whole concept of GB must be reconsidered, a single person is a single point of failure. This is one thing I've always liked in [CTRL]ALT GB's , you have at least 2 people who know what's going on, and when people entrust you with their money they expect from you to act responsible.

Well that party system sure worked out great for Toxic and other GBs of theirs
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 December 2015, 12:21:24 by GSimon »