Author Topic: [IC] GMK Burgundy Round2 [awaiting GB approval]  (Read 48051 times)

Offline cocobrais

Re: [IC] GMK Burgundy Round2 [17.09 Updated]
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 19:48:50 »
I had serious regrets about not joining Round 1 when I saw it in person. Now, you're also adding icon mods? Yep. Sold.
Currently maybe base kit will be  designed with text modi but Icon modi will be designed as modi kit separately.

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 12:48:18 »
Burgundy + icon mods makes me want to go in now.

My dream burgundy set is:
Burgundy alphas, Navy mods, all with white lettering. Yum.

Offline pvd

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 00:13:10 »
Any chance of getting F and J keys with bars on this round?  ;D

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 00:15:40 »
Any chance of getting F and J keys with bars on this round?  ;D
currently not fixed design but starting point is not included. I will consider your opinion but I am not sure.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 21:32:07 »
GMK Rendering was requested to GMK. I will update the rendering soon.

Offline cocobrais

Re: [IC] GMK Burgundy Round2 [14.10 Rendering Updated]
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 00:03:00 »
GMK Rendering is updated.  ;D

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 00:17:34 »

Why is the Wine Novelty with white on gray only available through the Icon Mod kit? It would be most commonly used on the escape key, which has that color by default.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 00:50:44 »

Why is the Wine Novelty with white on gray only available through the Icon Mod kit? It would be most commonly used on the escape key, which has that color by default.
My mistake.^^ I will modify this in next ver. Thanks for comment. :D

Offline poolside

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 02:44:41 »
The base set appears to be missing the grey 1.5u R2 \| keycap.
How about a bunch of grapes for the Esc novelty?

Otherwise, nice to see support for US Intl on ISO  :thumb:

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 22:17:06 »
The base set appears to be missing the grey 1.5u R2 \| keycap.
How about a bunch of grapes for the Esc novelty?

Otherwise, nice to see support for US Intl on ISO  :thumb:
Maybe I will add the grey 1.5U R2 \| keycap in next update.
For R1 Novelty, now I am considering the wine drum or changed wine glass. But still I don't know this value is more than high price.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 22:21:23 »
The mod kit looks very elegant.

Offline Trente

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 00:11:06 »
I really hope this GB can came later this year after the money I spent today on the Noxary came back lol

Offline hansichen

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 07:47:34 »
Can we please go with the normal backspace icon on the 1.5u backspace key of the icon mod set? The big one as seen here looks pretty ugly :(
And I would appreciate a second tab key, then you could build a second 60% board with the modifiers and use your Dolch set, og alphas or everyone's preferred combination and build one ansi and one iso board with the included caps of the mod set :) There are four shift keys, two bottom rows, two enter caps, two backspace keys, two caps lock keys but only one tab key, so that one is missing to fill a second board  ;D

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 23:24:39 »
Can we please go with the normal backspace icon on the 1.5u backspace key of the icon mod set? The big one as seen here looks pretty ugly :(
And I would appreciate a second tab key, then you could build a second 60% board with the modifiers and use your Dolch set, og alphas or everyone's preferred combination and build one ansi and one iso board with the included caps of the mod set :) There are four shift keys, two bottom rows, two enter caps, two backspace keys, two caps lock keys but only one tab key, so that one is missing to fill a second board  ;D
Thanks for your comment..Regarding r2 backspace, I will consider, but I am not sure to change this. Still open to many possibility.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 12:46:08 »
Thanks for your comment..Regarding r2 backspace, I will consider, but I am not sure to change this. Still open to many possibility.
Arrow is much better for hhkb backspace, icon looks so bad D:

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 17:56:40 »
Idk about you guys but i like the black legends more tho

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 06:16:31 »
I know someone like black legend than white. But I have to consider mant requests.
I hope that you will like this design although not black. :D

Offline xninetynine

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 14:31:12 »
I'm in this for sure.

Offline braidn

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 22:47:20 »
Missed first round and love the result. I also would love to see a set with perhaps less contrast it’s rare to see a black on black GMK set. Red on n9 would be interesting. Very likely in on this round

Oh yes and bars ple

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 01:26:16 »
I know someone like black legend than white. But I have to consider mant requests.

If possible can you make a poll, last round the legends were white already, and they are available on keyclack right now, so if possible we should try black legends this round :thumb:

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 01:54:10 »

If possible can you make a poll, last round the legends were white already, and they are available on keyclack right now, so if possible we should try black legends this round :thumb:

I’d love to see like grey sometime. I’ll probably get one of the white versions. But white is so contrasty on those glorious dark colors. I think a light grey just to kill the contrast would do wonders. I do like the black tho. I’d buy that. I think I like it better than the white like you.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 19:32:29 »
Definitely interested in this. Any chance this will have windowed cap lock keys like R1?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 19:54:11 »

I’d love to see like grey sometime. I’ll probably get one of the white versions. But white is so contrasty on those glorious dark colors. I think a light grey just to kill the contrast would do wonders. I do like the black tho. I’d buy that. I think I like it better than the white like you.

CP was my suggestion early on. It is a safe and nice legend choice.  I’ll buy it. 

However, I would love to see either BJ (tan) or 2B (gray) for legends. This would really need sample caps from GMK to ensure a nice result and take much longer.  I’m down for waiting if you decide to go that route.  Especially since keyclack is selling R1 sets for anyone who is in a hurry.

Offline IneffableTao

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 14:22:06 »
I would love to see a barred F & J in round 2

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 18:35:34 »

CP was my suggestion early on. It is a safe and nice legend choice.  I’ll buy it. 

However, I would love to see either BJ (tan) or 2B (gray) for legends. This would really need sample caps from GMK to ensure a nice result and take much longer.  I’m down for waiting if you decide to go that route.  Especially since keyclack is selling R1 sets for anyone who is in a hurry.
Custom color is good but problem is MQQ. In case of custom color, base MOQ is 250set. We don't know how many users will be participate. So when I design thebkeyset, I choose the normal GMK color. And Keyclack have only 20 set for round1. Also as you can see, round1 and round2 is many different about layout and legends color. ^^

Offline Duckunderscore

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 16:22:55 »
I'm totally down for this, was sad I missed out on R1

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 15:24:31 »
The black legends. Subtle. It is growing on me.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 16:12:25 »

Custom color is good but problem is MQQ. In case of custom color, base MOQ is 250set. We don't know how many users will be participate. So when I design thebkeyset, I choose the normal GMK color. And Keyclack have only 20 set for round1. Also as you can see, round1 and round2 is many different about layout and legends color. ^^

I thought custom legend colours will mean that you can no longer mix and match the modifiers of this set with GMK Dolch?
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 16:52:23 »

I thought custom legend colours will mean that you can no longer mix and match the modifiers of this set with GMK Dolch?

There is more than 1 version of dolch lol.

Also to be clear I don’t think BJ and 2B are custom colors, I believe he’s saying we would want samples just to see how the colors pair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 17:36:34 »

Also to be clear I don’t think BJ and 2B are custom colors, I believe he’s saying we would want samples just to see how the colors pair.

I am sorry for my mistake. 2 color is not custom color. But I already have GMK sample color ring and check to match this weekend carefully. But in my eyes, not matched..I still want to fix this color because this color matches with dolch and if someone has dolch, it will be ggod match. Also text modi and Yuri modi with dolch modi color didn't designed. So I wantbto fix this color.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 20:56:51 »

I am sorry for my mistake. 2 color is not custom color. But I already have GMK sample color ring and check to match this weekend carefully. But in my eyes, not matched..I still want to fix this color because this color matches with dolch and if someone has dolch, it will be ggod match. Also text modi and Yuri modi with dolch modi color didn't designed. So I wantbto fix this color.

OG Dolch keycaps from Dolch Pac keyboards uses CP (or I believe it uses the colour mix that is intended to be identical to CP from back when it was manufactured), unfortunately on the majority of the OG Dolch Pac keycaps that I have come across, the caps tend to be a bit yellowed from the years of use, so they tend to look a bit duller, towards the ivory side of the colour spectrum.

There has been a lot of GMK Dolch runs over the years (I am talking about the original Dolch colours, not all the colour mix sillyness like Sky Dolch or Orange Dolch or the likes) and as far as I know most of them has stayed true to the original Dolch colours (N9 mods, CP legends). Ivan sets have used this colours, Kekkon's recent Dolch run has used this colour, the first Dolch set ran by Originative (on Massdrop) also used this colour set. The only variation I am aware of is that Originative's latest run (still available for sale on their site) actually deviates from the usual Dolch colours and uses WS1 for the legends, which is a more bright white than CP.

For consistency's sake, I would prefer for this set to use CP colours like the original colours are supposed to be, although I understand that this is completely up to the GB runner's discretion.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 21:09:01 »

OG Dolch keycaps from Dolch Pac keyboards uses CP (or I believe it uses the colour mix that is intended to be identical to CP from back when it was manufactured), unfortunately on the majority of the OG Dolch Pac keycaps that I have come across, the caps tend to be a bit yellowed from the years of use, so they tend to look a bit duller, towards the ivory side of the colour spectrum.

There has been a lot of GMK Dolch runs over the years (I am talking about the original Dolch colours, not all the colour mix sillyness like Sky Dolch or Orange Dolch or the likes) and as far as I know most of them has stayed true to the original Dolch colours (N9 mods, CP legends). Ivan sets have used this colours, Kekkon's recent Dolch run has used this colour, the first Dolch set ran by Originative (on Massdrop) also used this colour set. The only variation I am aware of is that Originative's latest run (still available for sale on their site) actually deviates from the usual Dolch colours and uses WS1 for the legends, which is a more bright white than CP.

For consistency's sake, I would prefer for this set to use CP colours like the original colours are supposed to be, although I understand that this is completely up to the GB runner's discretion.
You are right. Now I have fixed the legend color as cp and already I requested rendering update to GMK.
Update will be soon.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 21:10:43 »

You are right. Now I have fixed the legend color as cp and already I requested rendering update to GMK.
Update will be soon.
hopefully someday you will run another GB with dark legend :(

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 19:00:30 »
Here is my suggestion: How about using custom color instead of RO1?
I'm so into the Burgundy now... and checked several Round1 Pics.
And I thought RO1 could be a little bit darker or muted so that the real pics can be more like the renders.
Any thoughts? Thanks/

Offline donjoan666

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 02:08:29 »
Here is my suggestion: How about using custom color instead of RO1?
I'm so into the Burgundy now... and checked several Round1 Pics.
And I thought RO1 could be a little bit darker or muted so that the real pics can be more like the renders.
Any thoughts? Thanks/
Okay I guess my questions is out of date. Haven't noticed that there was a MOQ issue. And it seems R2 is almost completed...
I really don't know how the RO1 will look like still (I just heard the others saying that the real is better than pics) so I'll suggest again once I buy it lol...

Offline cocobrais

Re: [IC] GMK Burgundy Round2 [05.11 Rendering Updated]
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 21:46:22 »
05/11/2017 Designs are updated :thumb:

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 00:58:54 »
Looks very nice, when will the GB start?

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 01:29:10 »
I am sure but not far....My plan is before end of year.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 01:55:30 »
i HATE the caps/control hybrid in the icon modifiers kit. I'd personally prefer a control, but I'd rather have an icon only capslock than that.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 01:04:50 »
i HATE the caps/control hybrid in the icon modifiers kit. I'd personally prefer a control, but I'd rather have an icon only capslock than that.

it's pad printed so you can just use some 70% iso and a paper towel to get rid of it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 01:22:27 »
I just consider the happy layout user but if not needed, I will delete side pad printing in Capslock. No problem.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 01:38:25 »
I just consider the happy layout user but if not needed, I will delete side pad printing in Capslock. No problem.

I say keep it. It’s nice!

Uh oh, Coco. I don’t see the 1.50u ( |\) White on Grey/Black Key. Can that be added?

Any chance for a windows pack? I can’t be the only one who likes the logo, am I? :(

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 01:43:18 »

Uh oh, Coco. I don’t see the 1.50u ( |\) White on Grey/Black Key. Can that be added?

Any chance for a windows pack? I can’t be the only one who likes the logo, am I? :(
please see the base kit. Your request already done. Windows pack. I will consider.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #93 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 02:23:44 »

please see the base kit. Your request already done. Windows pack. I will consider.

Sorry for missing that, Coco!

Thank you, you are awesome!  :thumb:

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 02:27:08 »

The reason I hate it is it’s an ICON modifier pack. The Ctrl icon could look okay. But if I’m gonna use text there I’ll just use a normal Ctrl key.

Like I said before, a real Ctrl key is best. I use r3 Ctrl on every board I make. But the aesthetics of a caps lock key is better than a hybrid with a text legend.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 05:25:20 »
The control side printing on the row three 1.75 caps lock in the icon set is nice.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 09:24:32 »

Can’t wait!  ;D

Offline Mazian

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 18:40:31 »

Are there any side-by-side comparisons of CP vs. WS1 legend caps with the same base color?  They look quite similar even as full sample caps; I'm curious if there's enough difference to spot as legends only.

(I have one of the WS1 sets, so CP compatibility is relevant to me!)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 08:12:43 »
Dear Coco, you have three amazing sets coming, as far as I know, and wondering how their GB schedule would be. I have interest in all, but hobby's money comes in short supplies and holidays are almost here. I am sure you have a wise plan carefully laid out already, just wondering how it would be.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 08:36:06 »
Dear Coco, you have three amazing sets coming, as far as I know, and wondering how their GB schedule would be. I have interest in all, but hobby's money comes in short supplies and holidays are almost here. I am sure you have a wise plan carefully laid out already, just wondering how it would be.
Thanks for your interesting.
 BoB will be  started within 2 weeks firstly. And maybe burgundy r2 will be started approx. Jan. Now I have prepared 3D rendering about base and modi kit.
In case of the happy set, I need more time to make better set carefully. And handling of many sets is so hard. So maybe it will be expected to start after finishing 9009r2.
These are just plan. Can be adjusted. Hope to reach the MOQ in all GB!