Author Topic: [IC] GMK Yellow on Black  (Read 20558 times)

Offline anonymous

Re: [IC] GMK Yellow on Black
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 21:11:27 »
Given you have GMK color rings , you could choose the better yellow for legend more easily.
My suggestion is that GE1 yellow is the best candidate legend color among three yellows in GMK yellow color.
GE1 is the lightest yellow in three yellows
It is not suitable for base color because it is a bit dazzling to some extent but would be a great choice for legend color.
Another great sample is AE green, the lightest green in four greens. The Key Company's GMK terminal is a pretty good GMK set with full black base  color.
Because GE1 yellow and AE green are rather penetrating colors which are suitable for legend color. That would make legend more striking but pleasant to eyes.
Show Image

Anyway, depending on you. I will join in  this no  matter which yellow you choose.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely take this into consideration  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 21:39:32 »
This is brilliant :D

But being GMK will most likely be priced well out of my reach :(

I say we crowdfund a set for rowdy if it gets made

in

Your generosity overwhelms me :eek:

Also CV is a nice, deep yellow :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline soupymeatballs

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 22:29:01 »
Just going to throw my $.02 in here. I think, given the themes of the novelties and that a GMK 'ster' buy has been run before, I would stick to CV so as to allow people with GMK watsters to use them in combination with the set without issues.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 22:47:32 »
FWIW, I passed on Yolch and Metro, but I would join this GB.  I really like when alphas and mods are in the same colors with a few inverse keys for Enter, Esc, etc.  Purely a personal preference.

Some kind of bumblebee novelty would be cool.

monotone ftw

bee bumblebee or transformers bumblebee?

A bee bumblebee would probably appeal to a greater audience.  I don't care that much myself :)

Dude, bumblebee novelty would be mint.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 06:58:17 »
FWIW, I passed on Yolch and Metro, but I would join this GB.  I really like when alphas and mods are in the same colors with a few inverse keys for Enter, Esc, etc.  Purely a personal preference.

monotone ftw

A bee bumblebee would probably appeal to a greater audience.  I don't care that much myself :)

Bumblebee huh. I think I have something in mind. I'll to work on jt over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 06:59:08 »

monotone ftw

Bumblebee huh. I think I have something in mind. I'll to work on jt over the weekend.

The Manchester bee would make this an instant buy :eek:

Offline anonymous

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 07:10:00 »

monotone ftw

The Manchester bee would make this an instant buy :eek:

I just looked it up and I think it looks cool. It's like a tough looking bee

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 12:39:13 »
I was thinking maybe something a little more simple or cartoony, considering the design limitations of GMK novelties: minimum radius .17mm, minimum line thickness .34mm, 1mm from edge of the top of the cap.

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 12:45:25 »
From an 80s British cartoon starring Stoppit and Tidyup and all their friends. Episode 1 featured Bee-Quiet and Bee-Have

Offline geniekid

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 14:47:31 »
Sometimes I regret selling my modded QFR:-[

193727-0

If this GB takes off, I might be inspired to move forward with project Bumblebee 2! ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 21:40:46 »

(Attachment Link)

If this GB takes off, I might be inspired to move forward with project Bumblebee 2! ;D

That's a nice-looking keyboard! :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline anonymous

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 22:55:33 »

(Attachment Link)

Wow. That esc key looks good. What is it? And where is it from?

Offline anonymous

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 23:25:48 »
Given you have GMK color rings , you could choose the better yellow for legend more easily.
My suggestion is that GE1 yellow is the best candidate legend color among three yellows in GMK yellow color.
GE1 is the lightest yellow in three yellows
It is not suitable for base color because it is a bit dazzling to some extent but would be a great choice for legend color.
Another great sample is AE green, the lightest green in four greens. The Key Company's GMK terminal is a pretty good GMK set with full black base  color.
Because GE1 yellow and AE green are rather penetrating colors which are suitable for legend color. That would make legend more striking but pleasant to eyes.
Show Image

Anyway, depending on you. I will join in  this no  matter which yellow you choose.

I just rechecked the colors and here are the color samples from GMK including CR, GE1, CV, N6. Some suggested to use GE1 instead of CV but I think CV would be better. GE1 is too pale? It's lighter but I think that makes it look dead and not really vibrant. So, final decision is that I will stick with CV

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 01:15:35 »
Maybe it’s just the photos, but in those only GE1 looks yellow. The others both look orange. CV has more compatibility tho. So it’s a wash.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 01:28:44 »

The left/right are both CV I believe. Top is N6. The bottom is a a DSA kep just for reference.

I don’t have any GE1, but really on the black key it’s all gonna look the same. It really only matters for the accents.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 01:42:12 »
Show Image

The left/right are both CV I believe. Top is N6. The bottom is a a DSA kep just for reference.

I don’t have any GE1, but really on the black key it’s all gonna look the same. It really only matters for the accents.

the black key is CV on CR?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 02:30:01 »
Show Image

the black key is CV on CR?

Pretty sure it is, yes.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 03:23:32 »
IC FORM ADDED

Offline geniekid

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 11:23:33 »

(Attachment Link)

Wow. That esc key looks good. What is it? And where is it from?

The bumblebee Esc is from Keypop.

[SNIPPED]
That's a nice-looking keyboard! :D

Thanks rowdy! ;D

Offline anonymous

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 08:55:54 »
Novelties posted!

« Last Edit: Sat, 14 April 2018, 09:03:58 by anonymous »

Offline Baron

• oops its me
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 09:44:08 »
you should add the ability to have all modifiers be yellow, i think that would be a better look than all black or all black with just a little yellow

Offline anonymous

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 10:12:34 »
you should add the ability to have all modifiers be yellow, i think that would be a better look than all black or all black with just a little yellow

It is possible but it will only be an optional add-on kit. The base ket will be monotone yellow on black with some accent keys

Offline anonymous

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 14:16:44 »
Majority of the suggestions is to have an affordable set. I know GMK is not "cheap" but i'll try to lower the cost as much as possible. I trimmed down the base kit to lessen the price. I basically removed the compatibility with ortho and 40%. The removed keys can be added with a 40s/ortho compatibility kit if people are interested

Revised base set
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/3884ac5f6fa47f9216478ad8e38c1d70

Yellow add-on kit:
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/fc1e9ba1ba752531706ecb9ef8d2136b

To add: Novelties Kit, 40s/Ortho Kit
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 April 2018, 15:14:44 by anonymous »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 14:18:46 »
Majority of the suggestions is to have an affordable set. I know GMK is not "cheap" but i'll try to lower the cost as much as possible. I trimmed down the base kit to lessen the price. I basically removed the compatibility with ortho and 40%. The removed keys can be added with a 40s/ortho compatibility kit if people are interested

Revised base set

Looks good apart from the 1u shift, can't think what that's used on.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 14:29:23 »

Revised base set

Looks good apart from the 1u shift, can't think what that's used on.

It's used on a 64 key layout. 2u left shift, 1u right shift, and arrow keys

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 20:57:13 »
PINDUTAN CLUB REPRESENTS!!

GOOD TO SEE ANOTHER DESIGN FROM U MAN!! You never fail to do great things.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 21:26:51 »
Update guys!

DonutCables will be the partner vendor for this keyset if we ever reach GB.
We are also looking at zFrontier as proxy for China/Asia and other vendors for other regions.

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 00:45:44 »
Totally in for this. Filled out the IC yesterday I think. Though there's a couple things that would make this set even more awesome than it already is:

- +1 donut's text mod thing, looks better than icon

- Please add an XT style R3 ~` key, for use with ISO enter

- Fn key for where caps lock goes, black only is fine

- Spacebar kit (split and smaller sizes like 4.5u and 3u if the molds exist would be awesome)

Good luck!
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline AlphaAnt

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 17:41:17 »
The IC form link goes to Rainbow Magicland...?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 23:07:21 »

Yellow and black does not a rainbow constitute.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 00:55:09 »

I had the same experience with another google form. Try copying the link and pasting it on your browser

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 04:01:51 »
The only novelty you need.