Author Topic: COX Endeavor (35g electrocapacitive) Review  (Read 4229 times)

Offline keebibi

• My Discord Server
COX Endeavor (35g electrocapacitive) Review
« on: Sat, 22 January 2022, 20:53:38 »
For starters, some basic info:

The keyboard is by COX, a Korean company. The model is the Endeavor (the TKL version) and I got mine in the color white. There’s also a black version. It’s an electrocapacitive keyboard and the switches are 35g.

This was my first real keyboard, and what caused me to fall down the keyboard rabbit hole. I absolutely love this keyboard, especially when I have to type a long time. My fingers and wrists hurt pretty quickly when I type on my MacBook keyboard, and this keyboard is really popular among the writing community in Korea. Though the keyboard itself is slightly heavy at about a kg, the switches are wonderfully light at 35g. Also the amount you have to press can be adjusted, which is a nice feature.

The keycaps are PBT and there are RGB LEDs, which I usually turn off. The white model comes in a pretty white/gray color scheme. The stabs are okay, except for one side of the spacebar being a little rattly.

The typing sounds are unique but I absolutely love it. It almost sounds like a boiling noise.

Pros:
Comfortable typing experience
Cool sound
Good looking

Cons:
Stabs aren’t amazing

Offline HungerMechanic

Re: COX Endeavor (35g electrocapacitive) Review
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 22 January 2022, 21:14:17 »
From your description, it sounds as if it resembles the ABKO.

I have an ABKO K935P. It uses Niz domes. Does yours use Niz? There seem to be some Korean keyboards using those switches.

I sometimes wish I had a 35 G Niz, but already have the 45 G. Mine has good stabilizers so far, but they are Costar, so you have to be very careful when switching keycaps.

Offline keebibi

• My Discord Server
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 23:39:06 »
From your description, it sounds as if it resembles the ABKO.

I have an ABKO K935P. It uses Niz domes. Does yours use Niz? There seem to be some Korean keyboards using those switches.

I sometimes wish I had a 35 G Niz, but already have the 45 G. Mine has good stabilizers so far, but they are Costar, so you have to be very careful when switching keycaps.

ABKO is COX’s parent company iirc so I’m pretty sure it’s Niz, yeah!

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 09:49:09 »
Sounds great. My ABKO keyboard is actually pretty good, but I wish it was 35 G.