Author Topic: New hobby thanks to vintage keyboards  (Read 1296 times)

Offline bettablue

• Geeks with a Grudge. Gotta Love'em
    • All Things DOS
New hobby thanks to vintage keyboards
« on: Tue, 22 March 2011, 23:48:02 »
I know I have been pretty quiet in the forums lately.  That is mainly due to finding a new hobby  Thanks to my small collection of IBM model M keyboards.  I have taken the next step gotten into vintage computers.  

I have been quite lucky in the fact that I have gotten a very nice complete Apple lle computer system.  I also just got an IBM model PC AT computer with the original model F keyboard.  They are both pretty dirty, but the computer does work.  I need to put in a little elbow grease.  If it all goes well I will be putting it up for sale so I can add to the money I need to purchase an original complete IBM 5150 system with color display.  

I really am amazed at people are doing with these old 8086 and 8088 based systems.  Even Apple ll systems are making themselves known again for some of the things they are doing, like connecting to the Internet to playing mp3s.  These old machines really are capable of a lot more than people give them credit for.
Vintage Computer user, and collector, specializing in the IBM 5150 Personal Computer, the World\'s first REAL PC!
Keyboards - IBM Model M X 2, IBM AT X 2, IBM KB8923, Apple IIe, and Mac SE boards. 

-----------------IBM Think!---------------------

Offline bill gates iii

New hobby thanks to vintage keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 March 2011, 23:48:34 »
Congratulations!