Author Topic: HoN with Geekhack!  (Read 5191 times)

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
HoN with Geekhack!
« on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 18:34:06 »
Anyone on GH play HoN? I noticed chobopants does, but I know there's more! Post your names so e can get a Geekhack clan going or just play together!

My name on HoN is AlkaXL...feel free to add me! Would anyone be willing to start a Geekhack clan?
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline strum4h

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 18:45:29 »
I play League of Legends lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Filco Tenkeyless with Browns  - SIIG minitouch GHSS

Offline Orphagn

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 19:07:49 »
Quote from: strum4h;325890
I play League of Legends lol

Me too! Nocturne is stupid 1v1
Keyboards:
KBC Poker
Cherry G80-11900
Cherry G80-3494

Offline strum4h

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 23:15:20 »
Quote from: Orphagn;325901
Me too! Nocturne is stupid 1v1

people build him way too squishy though. If tank get thornmail. try to lure him to use his ult by getting your buds to hide in a bush next to you. He ults they stun and rape him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline .XL

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 23:37:36 »
When you guys start playing a real game, come back and holla at me ;)
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline Lpb45

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 07 April 2011, 21:40:35 »
Quote from: .XL;325983
When you guys start playing a real game, come back and holla at me ;)

What game?
Topre - 86U   |   Filco - Tenkeyless Linear Red
Filco - Tenkeyless Blue       |   Filco - Fullsize Non NKRO Blue (Work)

Offline .XL

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 07 April 2011, 21:49:15 »
Quote from: Lpb45;326490
What game?

Heroes of Newerth...it's like LoL, but good. And much better style.

Offline Chobopants

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 07 April 2011, 21:50:47 »
Quote from: .XL;326493
Heroes of Newerth...it's like LoL, but good. And much better style.

Agreed. LoL is a joke.

My name in HoN is Dec. Add me up. :)
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline Lpb45

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 07 April 2011, 22:57:31 »
I did play HON for a bit in the beta but just got called a newb constantly because im pretty new to the game type so since then I really havent played much.

Offline psych3deliC

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 08 April 2011, 03:46:05 »
Yeah, the HoN and DotA communities in particular are pretty brutal, add me up on HoN as well guys, id is psych3delic =) Out of curiosity what PSR range are you guys that play HoN?

Offline Chobopants

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 08 April 2011, 10:43:25 »
Quote from: psych3deliC;326605
Yeah, the HoN and DotA communities in particular are pretty brutal, add me up on HoN as well guys, id is psych3delic =) Out of curiosity what PSR range are you guys that play HoN?

It really is one of the worst communities out there but, for me, that's part of the fun. Some little kid started calling you all sorts of immature **** and then you just lay the smackdown on him (literally, that's something that happens in the game, a smackdown) and you just reply, "so what were you saying?"

I hit ~1750 PSR back in beta but I'm just starting to get back into the game so it's basically reset back to 1500.

Offline Lpb45

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 08 April 2011, 22:02:01 »
Quote from: Chobopants;326747
It really is one of the worst communities out there but, for me, that's part of the fun. Some little kid started calling you all sorts of immature **** and then you just lay the smackdown on him (literally, that's something that happens in the game, a smackdown) and you just reply, "so what were you saying?"

I hit ~1750 PSR back in beta but I'm just starting to get back into the game so it's basically reset back to 1500.

Talking smack is fine and part of any good multiplayer game but the playerbase of HON is bad and will keep the game from ever being anything special.  I am not saying its a bad game, its a very good game dragged down by its super elitist players.

Offline Crypt

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 08 April 2011, 22:17:31 »
I love a bit of trash talk between opponents, but there's so much rage between teammates if you play in pubs.  It's definitely rage inducing to know that a teammate is costing you the game, but it's going to take 30-45 min for the game to end, regardless.  It's like a slow motion train wreck.  I personally don't rage, but it's enough to sap the fun out of it for me.  Playing with some friends is an option, but they took forever to implement team matchmaking (if they ever did?)

Offline .XL

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 09 April 2011, 00:58:43 »
I'm sitting at 1560-ish right now. Highest I've hit was 1674...that was AWESOME. At that higher skill level you never get noobs (they won't get out of the 1500 bracket) and the players are much nicer. Between 1600-1900 is where the game is at it's best.

If we play with premade 3+ player teams we should advance quickly. HoN is even more reliant on strong teamwork than DoTA ever was. ButDoTA was still the ****...cant wait for 2 to be released!

Offline slueth

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 09 April 2011, 04:21:29 »
blah never got hon because it was just a direct copy of dota.. at least LoL changed up the gameplay.
I am waiting for dota2 also.

Offline .XL

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 09 April 2011, 13:00:30 »
Quote from: slueth;327235
blah never got hon because it was just a direct copy of dota.. at least LoL changed up the gameplay.
I am waiting for dota2 also.

Dont need to visibly change something that's already great. I can't stand LoL at all...I think it's a terrible game and even at the price of free it's not cheap enough for me! HoN changed up a lot of the original DoTA to put a greater emphasis on the team and remove solo players from the equation. It doesn't matter how good you are, if your opponents are playing as a team and your team isn't, you will lose.

Also, HoN makes the game much more even, even when you're losing. You can come back from 25-2 games, while in DoTA that was impossible.

Until you try the game with friends on the same team you won't really get to feel the real differences between HoN and DoTA.

Offline strum4h

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 09 April 2011, 13:32:27 »
I played HoN before and was quite good at it but I play LoL because there are many less elitist douchebags. Also all my friends play LoL. Soon I will be playing Dota 2 though so it doesnt really matter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline .XL

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 09 April 2011, 14:17:54 »
Quote from: strum4h;327465
I played HoN before and was quite good at it but I play LoL because there are many less elitist douchebags. Also all my friends play LoL. Soon I will be playing Dota 2 though so it doesnt really matter.

Everyoe who plays either game will be on DoTA 2 :p

When I played LoL it seemed like everyone was a young kid and the people were so bad...this was some 6 months ago before my brother started playing HoN, so it may have changed. That, the horrible (IMO) graphics and the silly bonuses just made me really dislike the game.

Offline strum4h

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 09 April 2011, 15:12:44 »
Quote from: .XL;327495
Everyoe who plays either game will be on DoTA 2 :p

When I played LoL it seemed like everyone was a young kid and the people were so bad...this was some 6 months ago before my brother started playing HoN, so it may have changed. That, the horrible (IMO) graphics and the silly bonuses just made me really dislike the game.

Silly bonuses?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline nmd

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 09 April 2011, 15:53:11 »
There is a lot of bad players in LoL but I LOVE the art style and some of the champions. I liked HoN but got tired of getting told to get back into the kitchen, and so many other original jokes.

Offline Chobopants

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 09 April 2011, 15:56:02 »
Quote from: nmd;327544
There is a lot of bad players in LoL but I LOVE the art style and some of the champions. I liked HoN but got tired of getting told to get back into the kitchen, and so many other original jokes.

Number one rule of playing video games: never reveal your sex. Male or female. Unless it's an MMO, in which case claim to be female no matter what. :)

Offline .XL

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 09 April 2011, 17:01:10 »
Quote from: strum4h;327524
Silly bonuses?

The bonus spells you can choose to take from game to game with you. In HoN and DoTA each player has 4 spells, in LoL they've got that plus (iirc) 2 you can take with you through all games.

Quote from: nmd;327544

I got into vent with a group of guys and had my girlfriend talk to them. I was kicking ass and they were all like 'omg can i add you on facebook?! can i get your email so we can play again? want to be in my clan?? be my friend please?!?' :p It all matters on how good you are. You suck and they'll tell you to go to the kitchen, if you play well they will want to have your babies.

Like I mentioned earlier though, it's all about which bracket you're in. The lower brackets (1500 and lower) are infested with young kids and painfully bad noobs. The 1600-1900 brackets are mostly mature, 18+ who want to have fun as well as win games. The trick to HoN is when you find someone in a game that you enjoy playing with, add them as a friend and play with them.

That's the purpose of this thread. To find fellow Geekhackers to play with, to exponentially increase the fun level of HoN.

I was once stuck in the 1200s due to a string of bad games and bad teams, and it was horrible. If there was a disk I would have taken it out and frisbeed it at a wall. I ended up paying $10 for a new account over Christmas and reset my stats :p

Offline Acanthophis

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 17 April 2011, 17:56:01 »
Someone wants my HoN account? I purchased it early in Beta, but was I miserably disappointed. Just hit me a PM for further details.

Oh, and yeah, before I ever touch HoN again, I go with DotA or DotA 2 in future ;)

Offline .XL

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 17 April 2011, 18:19:16 »
Quote from: DeathAdder;332403
Someone wants my HoN account? I purchased it early in Beta, but was I miserably disappointed. Just hit me a PM for further details.

Oh, and yeah, before I ever touch HoN again, I go with DotA or DotA 2 in future ;)

Have you played recently? It's much more polished. I played in beta and was so turned off by the game it took me 6 months to play again! It's much better now though....give it a try before you give away your account ;)

Offline Acanthophis

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 17 April 2011, 21:03:52 »
I am always gaming with my real life friends and none of them possesses (strange word, I actually had to look up the spelling :D) HoN. I am currently only into SC2 and BFBC2 which fullfills my desire for gaming completely (among occasional singleplayer games once in a while)
And I don't even think I am going back to DotA 2, since it's so time consuming (1 game = ~1 hour).

So yeah, my account is still up, if anyone is interested ;)

Offline kriminal

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 17 April 2011, 22:20:00 »
oooh i play!
 i played one game of LoL and hated it >_>
Geekhacked Filco FKBN87M/EB modified with Brown, black and blue cherries, doubleshot keycaps
Deck KBA-BL82 with Black cherries
Cherry G84-4100LCMDK-0 Cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-8200hpdus-2 Brown cherries
IBM Lexmark 51G8572 Model M Keyboard
Geekhacked Siig Minitouch KB1948
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

Offline Lpb45

HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 17 April 2011, 23:00:48 »
play darkspore instead!  Open beta is out now.

Offline p.s.

• * Vendor
HoN with Geekhack!
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 17 April 2011, 23:49:44 »
I play HON.
ID: Todorov
PSR for match making is around 1650 now.
I am not a good player and usually only play 1~5 matches at weekend with some clan friends.
my vendor sub-forum for  selling all KBC, KBT, Vortex prodcuts: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34366.0