Author Topic: Cool iOS app  (Read 6006 times)

Offline Belfong

Cool iOS app
« on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 02:45:26 »
This calculator app that I've been watching is on sale today for $1. It's called Tydlig. I'm just amaze at how radical it reimagined calculator! I can set up something like this to count the cost of Clacks! And I can change each of the number by tapping and it recalculate the whole thing.

http://tydligapp.com

Offline Belfong

Re: Cool iOS app
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 02:48:35 »
I just realise that I spent $140 on a CC yesterday but I waited for a couple months for this app to go down in price. It was $5. It doesn't compute!

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 03:16:40 »
I just realise that I spent $140 on a CC yesterday but I waited for a couple months for this app to go down in price. It was $5. It doesn't compute!

Who hasn't done that lol.

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 04:09:12 »
that's cool app belfong :thumb:

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 04:33:08 »
Thanks Hendy.

The other cool app I highly recommend is called Synchronize. This app let's you add cities so you know what's the timezone in that city. Pretty standard. But what's cool is at the bottom. There's a slider. You slide the time around and all the cities time changes. Very nice!

The app is free.

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 06:52:17 »
Thanks Hendy.

The other cool app I highly recommend is called Synchronize. This app let's you add cities so you know what's the timezone in that city. Pretty standard. But what's cool is at the bottom. There's a slider. You slide the time around and all the cities time changes. Very nice!

The app is free.

Show Image

haha you wil never missed any artisan sale with this app ;)
I will download through app store now :cool:

Offline Belfong

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 08:57:33 »
Another cool app that I like is called Camera+ by tap tap tap. It has a Lightbox to store all your photos.

So I use it to capture pictures of all my key caps. The photos are stored in the Lightbox and not Camera Roll. That way people won't look at you with a weird look if you let them see your family photos and then they scrolled to your skulls or BroBots.

And in the Lightbox, you can edit and add effects to the photos. Very, very cool and feature rich for just $1.

This hobby is not easy to make people understand.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 21:23:15 »
I wonder.. Does emoji work here?

Coz if it does, Tapatalk is a damn cool app for accessing GH!!

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 21:26:27 »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 05:03:13 »
I'm trying out this free parcel delivery and tracking app called AfterShip. Beautiful iOS 7 design and look&feel. Try it out!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 05:48:55 »
The lack of contribution and comment from fellow GH is distraughting. Are you guys using Android or something?

This metric conversion tool, called Convert, also by tap tap tap, is really cool. I like how I can rotate through each metric as though it is on a roller. It has all the popular metrics including currency conversion. $1.

Offline xandr

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 19:30:34 »
Well, I haven't found anything worth sharing myself so far, but I certainly enjoy your recommendations. Keep it up! :)
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 20:15:26 »
Thanks. I'm recommending tools that are well designed and I use them daily. That also means I don't have a lot of them on my phones and I'm always on a look out for cool apps as well.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 22:32:28 »
Best reddit client gotta be Alien Blue (I don't remember if it's free or paid. I've used this for the longest time). Reason it's best is because it is fast, minimalist in design yet feature rich. And it has a great canvas view for browsing photos, you know, for looking at keyboards :)

It has night theme so it's not so glaring when reading at night.

By the same developer, he made a really fast and minimalist Youtube app called Jasmine. Named after his daughter. It's free.

Offline Belfong

Cool iOS app
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 22:39:20 »
If you still read RSS, the best ever client is no longer Reeder 2 but an app by an indie developer. The app is called Unread. And it's built to help you read. No frills reading due to a very clean interface. But what impressed me most is the UI. It's all about swiping left and swiping right to move within the app. No menu tree to navigate. Very very cool.

Even sharing is as simple as swipe right and click share.

It's $4 though, but think of the caps you just bought. $4 is probably just the paypal fee that you paid.

If you wanna try out the state of the art and highly intuitive UI navigation, download his free App.net client called Riposte. Unread design is based off Riposte, so you get a feel of how it will be. It's seriously good.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 August 2014, 22:54:03 by Belfong »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 23:00:29 »
This is probably very old news and app. But just in case...

ComiXology is the best comic reading app out there. It's so good that amazon bought this company.

One of its best feature is the smart panel zoom. It makes reading on an iPhone such a pleasure.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 09:02:31 »

Thanks Hendy.

The app is free.

Show Image

Similar to Synchronize, this beautiful app let's you determine what's the date/time locally so you can wake up for that CC sales. It's called Miranda and it's free. I like this better than Synchronize because it display the date as well. And there is no ambiguity.

Offline caseyandgina

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 21:53:10 »

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 22:00:54 »
My favorite: http://panic.com/prompt/

Thant's pretty cool. Will try it when I have my ipad.

Offline caseyandgina

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 11:22:04 »

BTW, it works perfectly with an external keyboard.  And don't think that you have to use some nasty low-profile rubber dome Bluetooth keyboard either... it's undocumented but you can use Apple's Camera adapter that converts USB to lightning to plug in your favorite mechanical keyboard.  However, it must be one that does not have a USB hub built-in, as IOS will refuse to supply enough power for that.  With an external keyboard the full screen of the device is an SSH terminal.  I use an iPad mini with the smallest font size option and this works pretty well.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 11:30:42 »

BTW, it works perfectly with an external keyboard.  And don't think that you have to use some nasty low-profile rubber dome Bluetooth keyboard either... it's undocumented but you can use Apple's Camera adapter that converts USB to lightning to plug in your favorite mechanical keyboard.  However, it must be one that does not have a USB hub built-in, as IOS will refuse to supply enough power for that.  With an external keyboard the full screen of the device is an SSH terminal.  I use an iPad mini with the smallest font size option and this works pretty well.

Yeah, I was planning to use this with JD40. Don't have the JD40 yet though.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 07:47:00 »

This cool app is recently updated to version 6 and it includes a click view for manual exposure, ISO setting and a macro shot function! Just amazing!

Another cool app that I like is called Camera+ by tap tap tap. It has a Lightbox to store all your photos.

So I use it to capture pictures of all my key caps. The photos are stored in the Lightbox and not Camera Roll. That way people won't look at you with a weird look if you let them see your family photos and then they scrolled to your skulls or BroBots.

And in the Lightbox, you can edit and add effects to the photos. Very, very cool and feature rich for just $1.

This hobby is not easy to make people understand.
Show Image

Offline Belfong

Cool iOS app
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 09:26:20 »
Gotta necro this because I found an absolutely cool Music app replacement. It's called Listen. And it's fully gesture base. Double finger up/down to adjust volume. Flick left and right to change track. Pull down for album and playlist view. It runs songs that are already in your iPhone. Very beautiful!!!

« Last Edit: Mon, 06 April 2015, 20:25:51 by Belfong »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 09:30:47 »
For Notification Center widget, I absolutely love Launcher - it allows me to put shortcuts, eg Call Wife, Launch Whatsapp, etc with just one button.

And Vidgets - for world clocks, memory and CPU and network monitoring.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 08:55:49 »
Now those look cool and useful... might have to try them out cheers

Offline Belfong

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 09:17:26 »
Now those look cool and useful... might have to try them out cheers
Nice. I thought no one notice this thread :P

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 10:57:44 »
haha and im the only one posting in the 'will you buy an iphone 6' thread :P

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 04:51:05 »
Ok so I've got launcher but kinda realised I don't actually need it haha I've got it set up and see how I like it but yeah... Idk lol

Offline Belfong

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 05:01:10 »

Ok so I've got launcher but kinda realised I don't actually need it haha I've got it set up and see how I like it but yeah... Idk lol
It's useful as a quick dial for me. Immediately dialing important people.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 05:02:02 »
yeah yeah I can see that, I guess I just don't call many people lol... I usually just text who ever it is and meet them up at some point...