Author Topic: SSIPAK'S(I don't know what I'm doing)Keycap Experiment. Updated: 7/26 New Color!  (Read 17768 times)

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
Hey everyone,

After wanting to create my own custom keycap for a long time, I finally decided to give it a shot beginning of this week and this is what I got so far.

Since I used translucent casting material, you will notice bunch of tiny air bubbles
69389-0

Also im in the process of making a new mold since location of my spruce was very poor (you can see the cut in this picture)
69387-1

Finally bottom didn't come out right either (another reason why im making a new mold)
69391-2

Anyway, I can't wait to perfect my mold so I can start casting some of my sculpted pieces ;)
I shall keep trying and report back here with my progress. Btw this is one expensive project, already spent $200+ and this doesn't even include any casting equipment :( 
Hopefully I will find something that will work for me soon.

By the way, I couldn't cast any MX keycaps since I only have Topre keycaps. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can donate GMK keycaps (or something similar that is thick and good quality)
Thanks for stopping by!  :thumb:

*Big thanks to Binge for help me out!
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 July 2014, 15:14:06 by SSIPAK »

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
Re: SSIPAK's (I don't know what I'm doing) Keycap Experiment
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 02:44:12 »
Guess What Movie Giveaway (Congrats to DamnDan for winning)

First person to correctly guess which movie this "Thing" on my keycap is from will receive this topre keycap.
*You are only allowed to guess once and can't edit your post.

Hint (I am sure it will be really hard for you to guess since its kinda hard to see because my keycap is white. Therefore, I will drop more hints each day until we have a winner :D)

1) It's a horror movie made before 2000.

More giveaways coming soon
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 July 2014, 13:16:55 by SSIPAK »

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 09:17:20 »
Can I just say I really like the look of the bubbles in the key, looks like lemonade to me :p really good work though hope to see more of your adventures in keycap making.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 10:22:08 »
Can I just say I really like the look of the bubbles in the key, looks like lemonade to me :p really good work though hope to see more of your adventures in keycap making.
Yeah I guess its not too bad if you look at it that way :)
Anyway I finished making my a new mold so I hope that it will come out okay this time. (fingers crossed)

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 20:36:20 »
By the way, I couldn't cast any MX keycaps since I only have Topre keycaps. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can donate GMK keycaps (or something similar that is thick and good quality)

I have a GMK Esc key I can send your way (purchased from Binge actually, so he's indirectly helping you out again  :)))... should I decide I really need to own two again, I think I can still grab another from Binge.

Good luck with casting, looking forward to seeing your results. I'd really love to try my hand at it but I can't afford more equipment & materials - expensive enough keeping up the camera gear I have  :confused:  :))
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 23:42:31 »
Okay so here is little update,

I was finally able to produce first working keycap. I am pretty excited about this but still need to experiment more to perfect this thing.

On my HHKB

Keycap Selfie

As you can see this part is not so perfect but I will eventually produce a perfect one!

Finally bottom picture.

Hopefully next time I post in this thread will be with a perfect keycap!  :thumb:

By the way, I am doing a little giveaway so please take a look at my 2nd post.

Once again thanks for stopping by!

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 00:17:48 »

I have a GMK Esc key I can send your way (purchased from Binge actually, so he's indirectly helping you out again  :)))... should I decide I really need to own two again, I think I can still grab another from Binge.

Good luck with casting, looking forward to seeing your results. I'd really love to try my hand at it but I can't afford more equipment & materials - expensive enough keeping up the camera gear I have  :confused:  :))
Thank you sir and I sent you a pm!  :thumb:

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
That looks AWESOME! ^^ It reminds me of Necronomicon book :) "AnyKeyNomicon"? :P Would be great to see it in colour other than white, this way it might show more details :) Gratz on the successful casts :)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.

Someone else can post the name of the movie and get the prize. I don't have a topre board.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
That looks AWESOME! ^^ It reminds me of Necronomicon book :) "AnyKeyNomicon"? :P Would be great to see it in colour other than white, this way it might show more details :) Gratz on the successful casts :)
Wow you guys are good, even though you are supposed to name which movie it was, I will count this as correct answer. Yes, it was Necronomicon from Evil Dead. Congrats and I will be sending you a pm shortly.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
Show Image

Someone else can post the name of the movie and get the prize. I don't have a topre board.
Hey Daniel,

One you linked is from Evil Dead 2 (which I will be making near future ;D), One I did was from Evil Dead 1

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
Re: SSIPAK's (I don't know what I'm doing) Keycap Experiment. Updated 7/01
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 01 July 2014, 13:06:38 »
You can definitely see better in Green   :thumb:

« Last Edit: Tue, 01 July 2014, 13:29:15 by SSIPAK »

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
not bad for the equipment you have!

when you're not using pressure or vacuum, you want to use the least viscous material you can find. this _can_ mean short cure times, but it almost always means a softer finished cast piece.

another thing to remember is that there are lots of ways to apply a little bit of pressure to things. a compressor is just a big air pump powered by some kind of fuel. a bike pump is also a compressor. so are the 12v tire inflators that are so common now. of course, you still have to be careful about holding pressure in a vessel, even if you pumped it in by hand, but you'll probably find that things improve quickly with just a little bit of pressure

on the other hand, if you have anything but near-full vacuum with a viscous fluid, you're likely to not see much difference. in order to degas a material sufficiently that the gas won't just disperse into the material again, you really have to apply a lot of force to coalesce it and remove it from the fluid.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 July 2014, 15:25:15 by mkawa »

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
not bad for the equipment you have!

when you're not using pressure or vacuum, you want to use the least viscous material you can find. this _can_ mean short cure times, but it almost always means a softer finished cast piece.

another thing to remember is that there are lots of ways to apply a little bit of pressure to things. a compressor is just a big air pump powered by some kind of fuel. a bike pump is also a compressor. so are the 12v tire inflators that are so common now. of course, you still have to be careful about holding pressure in a vessel, even if you pumped it in by hand, but you'll probably find that things improve quickly with just a little bit of pressure

on the other hand, if you have anything but near-full vacuum with a viscous fluid, you're likely to not see much difference. in order to degas a material sufficiently that the gas won't just disperse into the material again, you really have to apply a lot of force to coalesce it and remove it from the fluid.
thanks for your compliment and information mkawa, I really wish that I had enough budget to purchase pressure pot but not at this time. gotta save up first :)

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
WOHOO I WON! ekhm...thank you, that is VERY generous of you :)

That is right, NecroCap looks a TON more detailed in green :) You can see the skin wrinkles much much better :) Is the white version better detailed in person? Cause photos love to hide detail on white keys :)

What material do you use for sculpting?:) Clay or Green Stuff?:) Are you planning to make BS and ALPS caps as well?:)

Thank you again! :)

Offline daftendire

Pretty awesome start and nice design. If I could offer a bit of advise, it would be to make your side walls thicker. This would help the final peice to be stronger and less prone to air bubbles that displace a whole section of sidewall.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
looks good.................any thoughts for possibly making any BS caps?

there is a whole market, audience there that nobody has really tapped into yet?

clacks are untouchable :-\
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
WOHOO I WON! ekhm...thank you, that is VERY generous of you :)

That is right, NecroCap looks a TON more detailed in green :) You can see the skin wrinkles much much better :) Is the white version better detailed in person? Cause photos love to hide detail on white keys :)

What material do you use for sculpting?:) Clay or Green Stuff?:) Are you planning to make BS and ALPS caps as well?:)

Thank you again! :)
I would say same amount of detail in person (white and green)
Also I am using Apoxie clay
69678-0

As for BS and ALPS caps, I will definitely see what I can do but I want to make sure that I perfect my casting first before I try out the different stems.  :p

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
Pretty awesome start and nice design. If I could offer a bit of advise, it would be to make your side walls thicker. This would help the final peice to be stronger and less prone to air bubbles that displace a whole section of sidewall.
Thanks for your support and advice, I will definitely try to make the side walls thicker and see how it goes.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
looks good.................any thoughts for possibly making any BS caps?

there is a whole market, audience there that nobody has really tapped into yet?

clacks are untouchable :-\
Thank you sir, I will look into BS caps in the future but as for now I need to perfect my casting first  :D
Please keep supporting me and I will do my best  :thumb:

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
I think I finally created a mold that can produce 90 to 95% perfect keycaps (5 to 10% being tiny bubbles which I have no control over unless I purchase a pressure pot)
I am very excited about this  :p

Any love for Purple or Grey? <3

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
I think I finally created a mold that can produce 90 to 95% perfect keycaps (5 to 10% being tiny bubbles which I have no control over unless I purchase a pressure pot)

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah man! Maybe you could improvise a mild pressure chamber like Mkawa suggested - bike pump/mattress pump with hose hooked up to a sealed chamber (**** could be an ikea trashcan with a plastic top you epoxy on)

Purple looks great, might match the Bro Set!  :thumb:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah man! Maybe you could improvise a mild pressure chamber like Mkawa suggested - bike pump/mattress pump with hose hooked up to a sealed chamber (**** could be an ikea trashcan with a plastic top you epoxy on)

Yeah I might need to build one soon or later, and I agree that Purple will be awesome on Bunny's Bro Set

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Re: SSIPAK's (I don't know what I'm doing) Keycap Experiment. Updated: 7/02
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 19:30:29 »

Show Image

Show Image

uh no.  Please don't ever jerry-rig a pressure chamber.  We've had this discussion many many times on the forum, in podcasts, and in private.  Do not suggest anything potentially harmful unless you have a great deal of experience or qualifications in a field which uses such equipment.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 20:21:55 »
uh no.  Please don't ever jerry-rig a pressure chamber.  We've had this discussion many many times on the forum, in podcasts, and in private.  Do not suggest anything potentially harmful unless you have a great deal of experience or qualifications in a field which uses such equipment.
Ooops  :eek:
That is 100% my fault for suggesting something based off a single comment with no additional research. You craft excellent key caps so I definitely respect your experience and opinion - thanks for chiming in and correcting me!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 23:41:11 »
yes, it is a TERRIBLE idea to jury rig a pressure or vacuum chamber without calculation of safety margins and other aspects of proper engineering. pressure and vacuum are an expression of force in the same way that a train hitting you is an expression of force. similarly, they are not something to take lightly.

there ARE ways to safely take advantage of other people's engineering efforts without spending a huge amount of money, but you have to be very careful and make SURE you do not exceed the safety envelope of the systems you re-use.

i sent this separately to ssipak in a PM, but it's probably worth repeating:

PET bottles (soda bottles) can take 5-7psi easily and is designed to fail by rupturing through a small crack or the threads and will release pressure slowly instead of in a huge explosion. use a new bottle every time you pressurize and depressurize by poking a tiny hole in it. there are a couple of ways you could pressurize it. the first is to take a bottle top and secure a tube into it that runs out to a check valve (one way valve). then using a tiny bike pump, pump like once or twice at most.

it's a lot of backyard hacking (although you can double duty by making soda bottle rockets at the same time :)) ), but it might significantly improve your casts for very little money.

demolder also makes a big difference, actually, and costs way less than a pressure chamber. talk to binge about trasys. you'll still have imperfections due to bubble formation, but in the areas where you _don't_ have bubble formation, you'll retain a heck of a lot more detail.

soda bottles are carefully engineered pressure vessels that are made to hold a small amount of pressure (carbonation) and to fail in a relatively safe way. balloons are another example of a safely engineered pressure vessel. however, you must be intimately aware of what the specifications of your repurposed vessel are. a stainless steel sphere and a thin plastic soda bottle are simply not going to have the same working pressures. if you try to treat them the same way, you can and will probably severely injure yourself or others.

i love the enthusiasm we're getting for casting at home, but as always, BE SAFE. life and limb is not worth risking to make a keycap.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline user10192

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 00:36:01 »
Can you make keycap thick like bro cap?

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 02:04:27 »
yes, it is a TERRIBLE idea to jury rig a pressure or vacuum chamber without calculation of safety margins and other aspects of proper engineering. pressure and vacuum are an expression of force in the same way that a train hitting you is an expression of force. similarly, they are not something to take lightly.

there ARE ways to safely take advantage of other people's engineering efforts without spending a huge amount of money, but you have to be very careful and make SURE you do not exceed the safety envelope of the systems you re-use.

i sent this separately to ssipak in a PM, but it's probably worth repeating:

PET bottles (soda bottles) can take 5-7psi easily and is designed to fail by rupturing through a small crack or the threads and will release pressure slowly instead of in a huge explosion. use a new bottle every time you pressurize and depressurize by poking a tiny hole in it. there are a couple of ways you could pressurize it. the first is to take a bottle top and secure a tube into it that runs out to a check valve (one way valve). then using a tiny bike pump, pump like once or twice at most.

it's a lot of backyard hacking (although you can double duty by making soda bottle rockets at the same time :)) ), but it might significantly improve your casts for very little money.

demolder also makes a big difference, actually, and costs way less than a pressure chamber. talk to binge about trasys. you'll still have imperfections due to bubble formation, but in the areas where you _don't_ have bubble formation, you'll retain a heck of a lot more detail.

soda bottles are carefully engineered pressure vessels that are made to hold a small amount of pressure (carbonation) and to fail in a relatively safe way. balloons are another example of a safely engineered pressure vessel. however, you must be intimately aware of what the specifications of your repurposed vessel are. a stainless steel sphere and a thin plastic soda bottle are simply not going to have the same working pressures. if you try to treat them the same way, you can and will probably severely injure yourself or others.

i love the enthusiasm we're getting for casting at home, but as always, BE SAFE. life and limb is not worth risking to make a keycap.

Show Image

Show Image

I really appreicate both of you for looking out after me. I will make sure not to blow myself up :D

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 02:07:57 »
Can you make keycap thick like bro cap?
Show Image

I will be able to in the future (need access to 3d printer) but for now thickness will be indetical to Realforce Keycap for Topre and GMK for MX (which I think its already thick and nice)

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 16:02:27 »
great forum, community guys....................

everybody tag teaming, giving advise to help each other :thumb:

keep up the good work ssipak
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 17:56:55 »
Book of the dead! That's pretty sweet, great movies!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 18:46:20 »

:thumb:

making stuff together is always a team effort  :)

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 00:26:52 »

:thumb:

making stuff together is always a team effort  :)
couldnt agree more, I am so grateful that I found this forum. I feel home when I am on geekhack, forum made of best people in the world!  :thumb:
Btw I hope everyone had a great 4th of july! Even though I was busy experimenting all day :p

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #33 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 00:29:28 »
Hey Dustin,

Thanks for your compliment, I thought it won't be easy to impress a member such as yourself since you are used to great artisan keycaps such as binged, clacks, kbk, and brocaps.

I will try my best to produce quality keycaps so stay tuned :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 July 2014, 00:35:54 by SSIPAK »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 02:26:29 »
Hey Dustin,

Thanks for your compliment, I thought it won't be easy to impress a member such as yourself since you are used to great artisan keycaps such as binged, clacks, kbk, and brocaps.

You're welcome.  I do love key caps and their makers. Seems like you're taking in some great crafting tips. Just remember to keep prices decent and keep learning. I look forward to your crafting.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 15:29:46 »
Hey Dustin,

You're welcome.  I do love key caps and their makers. Seems like you're taking in some great crafting tips. Just remember to keep prices decent and keep learning. I look forward to your crafting.
Will do, thanks!

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 15:31:03 »
Bubbles? Care to explain what that is?  :p

I present to you, bubble free BOD CH1
70015-0

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Re: SSIPAK's (I don't know what I'm doing) Keycap Experiment. Updated: 7/06
« Reply #37 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 18:18:36 »

(Attachment Link)

Congratulations!  You've graduated casting class :-) A+
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 18:26:05 »

(Attachment Link)

OJ Book of the Dead! Rad dude! Is it thick too? Congrats!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 18:26:30 »

(Attachment Link)

Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 22:43:02 »

(Attachment Link)

its an honor to hear that from you binge, I couldnt have done it without your help and everyone's support. I truly appreciate it.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 22:45:53 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Show Image

Thank you, im so stoked! Current BOD CH1 is using realforce Topre keycap, but MX version will have same thickness as GMK keycap ;)

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 23:33:48 »
PO-TA-TO shot  with matching blank Topre cap :))

70039-0

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 23:34:28 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Show Image

Thank you, im so stoked! Current BOD CH1 is using realforce Topre keycap, but MX version will have same thickness as GMK keycap ;)

GMK, Fantastic!

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 18:25:17 »
just came back from the post office, everyone should be receiving their pre Independence day keycaps soon

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 18:53:44 »
Great to see all the work you're doing here!  Looks like you're making great progress.  Keep it up!  I look forward to someday being able to acquire one of your caps.   :thumb:

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #46 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 00:21:16 »
Great to see all the work you're doing here!  Looks like you're making great progress.  Keep it up!  I look forward to someday being able to acquire one of your caps.   :thumb:
Thanks Hoffman! Never thought I would get this much love and support. I love it  :p

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 00:23:43 »
My weapon of choice
70111-0

Something is definitely getting cooked up over here.... stay tuned  :thumb:
70113-1

Offline Zekromtor

• My Setup
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 01:37:52 »
This doesn't look like a healthy obsession.

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 03:41:42 »
Moving really fast i see :) Congratz on the bubble free cap :) How did you achieve it ?:) Also dem sculpting tools! o.o
Photo with tools really looks like a set that "Dexter" would use xD NICE!