Author Topic: can we get rid of "posts don't count here" rule?  (Read 4427 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
can we get rid of "posts don't count here" rule?
« on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 23:38:03 »
well, aside from off topic. i understand that, but the rest of the forum is stupid.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
Re: can we get rid of "posts don't count here" rule?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 23:44:56 »
well, aside from off topic. i understand that, but the rest of the forum is stupid.

bump

+1

bump

+1

bump

+1

bump

+1

bump

+1

bump

+1

bump

+1

bump

+1

bump

+1

bump

+1

bump

+1

bump

+1

I mean, where else does it not count.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 23:46:44 »
I agree.

Feels weird posting things and my post count stays the same.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 23:46:46 »
oh, right, like that can't happen in other subs.

might as well just get rid of post counts period.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 23:47:36 »
might as well just get rid of post counts period.

+1

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 00:00:41 »
GLWF/S!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 00:09:44 »
GL!

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 00:12:23 »
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 00:18:13 »
I hate all of you equally.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 00:19:49 »
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 00:29:52 »
I actually kind of like it this way. I get that they're trying to limit post count to the main keyboard sub-forums, which makes some sense as those are the forums that are more on topic to GH.

It keeps people from posting "everywhere" in an attempt to bump their post count.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 00:55:17 »
Test..

Edit: hey, posting in this thread increase my post count!!  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 00:58:23 »
woooooooo yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 01:40:31 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BGD

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 01:40:47 »
did this work?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 01:45:09 »

GLWH!
Man, rowdy, you already have 9200 posts. Stop it!
Let us have our counts!
;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 01:50:23 »

GLWH!
Man, rowdy, you already have 9200 posts. Stop it!
Let us have our counts!
;D

Sorry, I'll try not to post again.

Damn!

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 01:50:38 »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Belfong

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 01:51:25 »
yeah, you need to stop rowdy...

Oh, look.. another post count!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 01:53:30 »
yeah, you need to stop rowdy...

Oh, look.. another post count!

Just you wait - some mod/admin is going to come along and delete this whole thread, and suddenly all our posts from here will disappear!

Or worse - they will make this entire section not count!

Post counts are so important! :p :))

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 01:54:22 »
Lol

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 08:33:35 »

yes please!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 13:09:45 »
I think the main reason the limitations were imposed was to stop people spamming New Members, Off Topic and Classifieds with endless "welcome", spam and "glws" posts respectively just to reach 60 posts to sell something.

This is a keyboard forum, and the ideal would be to encourage people to post about keyboards and related items.

A lot of people see the post count as important, although it can be misleading as someone with a small post count can have contributed hugely to the forum, and others with a large post count might be total noobs.

By not including posts in those three areas in particular, it encourages otherwise casual members to become more involved in the community.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 13:23:29 »
I think the main reason the limitations were imposed was to stop people spamming New Members, Off Topic and Classifieds with endless "welcome", spam and "glws" posts respectively just to reach 60 posts to sell something.

This is a keyboard forum, and the ideal would be to encourage people to post about keyboards and related items.

A lot of people see the post count as important, although it can be misleading as someone with a small post count can have contributed hugely to the forum, and others with a large post count might be total noobs.

By not including posts in those three areas in particular, it encourages otherwise casual members to become more involved in the community.

yeah but people still just spam to 60 posts once they realize what subforums count :P

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 14:14:38 »
Everybody here is going to get banned. Besides me.