Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2865 times)

Offline zerogravitas

Hi
« on: Sat, 02 February 2008, 23:50:35 »
Hi all,

I'm a recent convert to mechanical switch and buckling spring keyboard goodness, and stumbled over this site recently while researching them.  I've devoured the forum here, and I am well on my way to turning into a keyboard junkie.  I blame you all.  :p

Anyway, I'm typing this on my recently arrived 1991 IBM Model M 1391401 keyboard.  I am quite taken with it. :) I'm also toying with trying some types.  Does anyone know anything about older Dell labeled KBs with supposedly clicky black alps switches? Thanks!

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
Hi
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 03 February 2008, 00:22:36 »
The Dell AT101W keyboards (in both black and white) have black Alps switches.  I think there are a few currently up for sale on Ebay...and clickykeyboards occasionally has some in stock.

Welcome to GeekHack!  We'd love to see some picks of your Model M.  :)  (I'll be posting a stickied thread for keyboard collections sometime soon...maybe in the next 10 minutes)  

Love the avatar, btw.

Offline zerogravitas

Hi
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 February 2008, 23:03:02 »
Quote from: iMav;2748
The Dell AT101W keyboards (in both black and white) have black Alps switches.  I think there are a few currently up for sale on Ebay...and clickykeyboards occasionally has some in stock.

Ahhh, cool.  Thanks.  I've yet to try any of the alps switches, and I am rather curious abut them.  I may try to pick one up at some point. :)

Welcome to GeekHack!  We'd love to see some picks of your Model M.  :)  (I'll be posting a stickied thread for keyboard collections sometime soon...maybe in the next 10 minutes)  

Thank you!  I'll try to borrow my wife's camera sometime this week and take a few shots for the board.

Love the avatar, btw.

Thanks.  :)  Are you a fan of the Venture Brothers as well then?

Offline victheslik

Hi
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 03 February 2008, 23:48:52 »
-
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 November 2023, 22:04:18 by victheslik »
"The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain. " Karl Marx
A wiseman once said, "If Bible proves the existence of God, then comic books prove the existence of Superheros."

Offline Nonmouse

Hi
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 February 2008, 23:52:49 »
Heya, Zero

Offline pex

Hi
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 04 February 2008, 09:45:21 »
Thank you! I'll try to borrow my wife's camera sometime this week and take a few shots for the board.

It is hard to get the camera away from her because she's busy taking pics for MySpace or somethin'?
Ж®Cherry G80-8113 (someday I hope to have one that reads magstripes, rfid cards, and smartcards), broken \'98 42H1292 Model M, some other Model M from a decade before that, 30 more keyboards in a box, 4 more lying here or there
Destroying Sanctity: my Model M project. Status: Dead.

Offline zerogravitas

Hi
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 04 February 2008, 13:26:36 »
Thanks everyone. :)

Quote from: pex;2780
It is hard to get the camera away from her because she's busy taking pics for MySpace or somethin'?

Oh god no (though I am sure the memory card is filled with pics of our mini dachshunds lol). It's more a matter of actually finding the camera.  That and I am delaying a bit in hopes that a new purchase finally arrives.