Author Topic: [IC] GMK Eclipse  (Read 39147 times)

Offline vicissitude

Re: [IC] GMK Eclipse
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 19:42:35 »
I made following poll for accent and novelties kit. I will wait until tomorrow then i will make a decision depending on results.
VOTE HERE FOR ACCENTS AND NOVELTIES
 In case the new version wins then i will make another 24h poll for the accent color. I can also include the pumpkin novelty into the new version.

This suggestion is really seducing.
I don't wanna lose the pumpkin,but actually prefer another accent color than orange.

Offline pcire

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 19:45:00 »
I made following poll for accent and novelties kit. I will wait until tomorrow then i will make a decision depending on results.
 In case the new version wins then i will make another 24h poll for the accent color. I can also include the pumpkin novelty into the new version.

This suggestion is really seducing.
I don't wanna lose the pumpkin,but actually prefer another accent color than orange.

Same here

Offline jortzii

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 19:47:02 »

Old Version
Show Image

New Version
Show Image

In case the old novelty version wins, then i will remove the accents from the base and numpad kits. In case the new version wins then i will make another 24h poll for the accent color. I can also include the pumpkin novelty into the new version.
I think the burgundy is a must.

I know there’s some controversy over the pumpkin, but I can see it fitting in (harvest moon kinda makes it fit seasonally)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Volcano660 | Satisfaction75 | Think6.5 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Preonic | IC Kira | Drop ALT

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 19:53:22 »

Old Version
Show Image

New Version
Show Image

In case the old novelty version wins, then i will remove the accents from the base and numpad kits. In case the new version wins then i will make another 24h poll for the accent color. I can also include the pumpkin novelty into the new version.

I know there’s some controversy over the pumpkin, but I can see it fitting in (harvest moon kinda makes it fit seasonally)

Haha, I don't think there's controversy over the pumpkin. My concern was with the size of the original accent kit. I don't remember it doing so well in relation to the number of base kits when the set first ran. I think it was a little pricey because of it's size. Im not out to get the pumpkin, I was just giving my two cents on how it fit in.

Offline jortzii

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 19:54:47 »

Old Version
Show Image

New Version
Show Image

Haha, I don't think there's controversy over the pumpkin. My concern was with the size of the original accent kit. I don't remember it doing so well in relation to the number of base kits when the set first ran. I think it was a little pricey because of it's size. Im not out to get the pumpkin, I was just giving my two cents on how it fit in.
I think removing the F row keys and maybe dropping one of the accent colors could keep the costs in check?

Volcano660 | Satisfaction75 | Think6.5 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Preonic | IC Kira | Drop ALT

Offline jortzii

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 19:55:32 »

Old Version
Show Image

New Version
Show Image

I think removing the F row keys and maybe dropping one of the accent colors could keep the costs in check?

As much as I actually want all of them lol

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 20:45:51 »

Can't agree more.
Really love the burgundy in this set.

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 21:18:31 »
Agreed, I was torn about options in the poll because the old accents kit seems a little large, but I don't really like the orange -- it's just a bit jarring with the thin blue letters.

I like the idea a few others mentioned of taking the old accent kit and cutting it down to maybe just two colours (love the burgundy and light blue the most!) and removing the F row at least.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 23:58:47 »
I'm worried that the original accent kit might be too large. While I prefer the original colors, I think if it wins the poll, it might be worth considering trimming it down a bit. I don't really think the alternate color function row keys are necessary, and the variety of novelties could be cut down a bit. I think the moon keys are a must, in order to stay true to the theme of the set, but weren't the pumpkin novelties first introduced when the set was supposed to be run around Halloween? While they're neat, I don't think they really fit the eclipse/moon theme very well. That said, I'm not really against the pumpkin, just voicing my concerns on the size of the accent/novelty kit.

Don't worry i will trim it down. That was the plant already ;)

Old Version
Show Image

New Version
Show Image

Pumpkin was introduced first time because it was held around Halloween. But i think its ok to offer it in this round too, because its possible owners might get their set near Halloween.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 February 2019, 00:43:56 by T0mb3ry »

Offline pcire

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 02:11:11 »
Thoughts on offering a “carbon” deskmat with the eclipse colors? (I can’t stop looking at your signature)

Offline Marutks

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 04:43:38 »
I like the idea a few others mentioned of taking the old accent kit and cutting it down to maybe just two colours (love the burgundy and light blue the most!) and removing the F row at least.

good idea!   I like burgundy color too

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 11:49:15 »
Thoughts on offering a “carbon” deskmat with the eclipse colors? (I can’t stop looking at your signature)

Maybe if Eclipse gets really popular. However the mat would be not Carbon but Eclipse style.

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 11:57:08 »
Looks awesome!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #113 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 13:55:16 »
Update
Base kit
- Removed accent keys

Numpad
- Removed accent key

Accents & Novelties
- Introduction of new accent and novelty kit which is based on old version. Keep in mind the accent colors are DY for violet, RO1 for burgundy and light blue is from Yuri.

Offline kolyz

« Reply #114 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 14:28:57 »
Updated kits are looking good! :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #115 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 15:55:27 »
I really liked the Orange accent kit. But well. Let's see what is left in the actual final set.

Offline jihadu

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 17:13:19 »
Hey Tombs. Any chance of a 00 key as well? Might be a bit superfluous, but i've always liked to split numpad 0

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 18:23:36 »
Nice to meet the new version of Accents & Novelties.
When the alternate F-row is removed the same time,do we need this(thinking my self)?  :rolleyes:

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 19:04:09 »
Hmm now that the light blue accents have been moved into the accent kit. I was wondering if maybe the 6u off-center spacebar could be moved into the base kit, and maybe add 6u light blue spacebars to the spacebar kit? I'm not sure if that will make the Spacebar kit too large? Sorry, I'm a little biased towards the Yuri blue accents XD.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 10:59:42 »
Can't wait for this set!

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #120 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 11:03:13 »
Oof way more excited for the new accent/novelty kit, especially since it is closer to the first interest check.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 11:33:50 »
As i said previosly i will lock the kits once this week ends. What means the drop is not far away from happening. I can't tell you the date at the moment. Until then i will make changes only if there is an significant error.

I appreciate all the excitement people express here for the upcoming drop. Thanks for support ;) <3

I really liked the Orange accent kit. But well. Let's see what is left in the actual final set.

I like the orange accents too but as the poll shows people want more the old style accents. And indeed they do match the theme quite better than the orange accents. Anyway in case second round happens one day then i will include orange accents as well.

Hmm now that the light blue accents have been moved into the accent kit. I was wondering if maybe the 6u off-center spacebar could be moved into the base kit, and maybe add 6u light blue spacebars to the spacebar kit? I'm not sure if that will make the Spacebar kit too large? Sorry, I'm a little biased towards the Yuri blue accents XD.

I don't want to do it because the 6u spacebars are not as common and i want to keep the pricing low. Most 'common' layouts are using 6.25u or 7u spacebar.

Hey Tombs. Any chance of a 00 key as well? Might be a bit superfluous, but i've always liked to split numpad 0

Previously i've included this key in every base set or numpad kit. However i do not see those used and i decided to keep the 00 key out of the basic kits. Its more of an exotic key which belongs into some sort extra/exotic kit which i don't have in the current setup.

Offline jihadu

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 11:34:40 »
As i said previosly i will lock the kits once this week ends. What means the drop is not far away from happening. I can't tell you the date at the moment. Until then i will make changes only if there is an significant error.

I appreciate all the excitement people express here for the upcoming drop. Thanks for support ;) <3

I like the orange accents too but as the poll shows people want more the old style accents. And indeed they do match the theme quite better than the orange accents. Anyway in case second round happens one day then i will include orange accents as well.

I don't want to do it because the 6u spacebars are not as common and i want to keep the pricing low. Most 'common' layouts are using 6.25u or 7u spacebar.

Previously i've included this key in every base set or numpad kit. However i do not see those used and i decided to keep the 00 key out of the basic kits. Its more of an exotic key which belongs into some sort extra/exotic kit which i don't have in the current setup.
Ok. Have a nice day man

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #123 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 14:14:29 »

Yeah I totally understand, I still think the kits are well balanced, was just trying to get more of that blue accent XD. Can't wait for the GB to start!

Offline sakodo

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 17:47:31 »
Interested, looks nice

Offline Theswetiyeti

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 21:40:41 »

I know you already addressed a similar comment. But I also would like to se a 00 key. I agree that it is not fair to make everyone pay for this key in the base kit, but Now that more desiners are separating  the numpad into its own kit i think it would be nice to see this included. Also im not a ISO user but woudent mind if you threw the basics  ISO keys in with the numpad kit  like GMK minimalist. I know some are opposed to having this keys in base kits and I know they rearly make MOQ on there Own and Maybe this would help the numpad reach MOQ. I maybe asking some one to buy a key they may not need but i am willing to buy some keys that i dont need to help someone else get there layout. we are all in the same community.

Anyways i think this set looks really nice and look forward to it running.
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2019, 22:45:34 by Theswetiyeti »

Offline regionfree

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 23:58:55 »
I didn't think the IDE I hate the most would make for a good keyset colorway. Definitely in for this!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 04:16:56 »
Update
Numpad kit
 - Added 00 1u R4 key.

I know you already addressed a similar comment. But I also would like to se a 00 key. I agree that it is not fair to make everyone pay for this key in the base kit, but Now that more desiners are separating  the numpad into its own kit i think it would be nice to see this included. Also im not a ISO user but woudent mind if you threw the basics  ISO keys in with the numpad kit  like GMK minimalist. I know some are opposed to having this keys in base kits and I know they rearly make MOQ on there Own and Maybe this would help the numpad reach MOQ. I maybe asking some one to buy a key they may not need but i am willing to buy some keys that i dont need to help someone else get there layout. we are all in the same community.

Anyways i think this set looks really nice and look forward to it running.

ISO keys do not belong logically into numpad kit. Tho i already considered to move ISO keys into numpad... Anyway i've added 00 key to the numpad kit.

I didn't think the IDE I hate the most would make for a good keyset colorway. Definitely in for this!

This keyset is about eclipse as astronomical event. However i don't mind if people refer it to the Eclipse IDE ;) I do appreciate your support  :thumb:

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 04:47:55 »
Hey t0mb3ry, why is it that we are seeing split numpad kits now? Isn't it less cost-effective for GMK? I've always preferred the single base kit sets. I'm not sure I feel positively about this new trend.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #129 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 04:50:06 »
This keyset is about eclipse as astronomical event. However i don't mind if people refer it to the Eclipse IDE ;) I do appreciate your support  :thumb:
Relieved!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 05:33:47 »
Hey t0mb3ry, why is it that we are seeing split numpad kits now? Isn't it less cost-effective for GMK? I've always preferred the single base kit sets. I'm not sure I feel positively about this new trend.

Its done to reduce the price for the base kit. Pricing is important for the success (there are also other aspects). Its not a biggy if numpad or any other kit fails to meet the moq. But its a biggy if the core/base kit does not succeed, which means whole project failed. Thus many designers consider to chop down the base kit as much as possible and support with it only the most popular layouts. And the most popular layouts are the range between 60% and TKL.

I personally prefer the huge base sets as it was done in GMK Carbon R2 because: its cost effective per key and most important: it does cover every basic layout properly and extensively. However most buyers look for pricing and not coverage.

So the whole development is based on experience from previous group buys.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 10:46:16 »
Update
- renders for all kits
- kits are locked (cuz drop will happen soon)

Base kit

Numpad

40 Percent

Accents & Novelties
 - RO1 accent keys were replaced with V2 accent keys because i did not liked the renders of it. I really love burgundy (its one of my fav colors) but it does not compliment Eclipse that well.

Spacebars

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 11:43:58 »
Nice work! I will grab a base kit plus novelties!

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 13:21:52 »
Update
- renders for all kits
- kits are locked (cuz drop will happen soon)

Base kit
Show Image

Numpad
Show Image

40 Percent
Show Image

Accents & Novelties
 - RO1 accent keys were replaced with V2 accent keys because i did not liked the renders of it. I really love burgundy (its one of my fav colors) but it does not compliment Eclipse that well.
Show Image

Spacebars
Show Image

Stoked!

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 13:35:57 »
I am personally sad to see the final renders, do wish good luck with the drop thought.

I was really fond of the burgundy colors also the novelty design from the original buy. I think the 1u novelties in various color were nice. Personally I think the novelty kit was a make or break for this set. Sadly this just broke it for me. The reason being the removal of the 1u novelties and the adding of the orange accents in place of the burgundy. I am kinda curious to see how this set plays out as seeing how the pole went. Though 41 votes is hardly the entire community.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 13:50:35 »
Silly to see ISO in the base imo... When will updated prices be up?

Offline digid3ar

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 08:29:00 »
 soon as how soon, after canvas?
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 March 2019, 08:35:44 by digid3ar »

Offline Nebula97

« Reply #137 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 08:34:10 »
is this going to run in massdrop? soon as how soon? :confused: :p :thumb:

Ditto to this, when can we expect it? :)

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 09:37:40 »
Probably after Canvas as Massdrop tends to alternate profiles and GMK Oblivion is due in June.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #139 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 12:46:04 »
Probably after Canvas as Massdrop tends to alternate profiles and GMK Oblivion is due in June.

Offline ever9415

• EVER STORY
« Reply #140 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 16:52:28 »
When will GB be expected?

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 17:38:12 »
wait for more updates:)

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 17:48:05 »
I am personally sad to see the final renders, do wish good luck with the drop thought.

I was really fond of the burgundy colors also the novelty design from the original buy. I think the 1u novelties in various color were nice. Personally I think the novelty kit was a make or break for this set. Sadly this just broke it for me. The reason being the removal of the 1u novelties and the adding of the orange accents in place of the burgundy. I am kinda curious to see how this set plays out as seeing how the pole went. Though 41 votes is hardly the entire community.

Agreed, the novelties were a key part of this set, and the burgundy and 1u accents were a must-have. That orange just clashes too much with the legend colours for me. Best of luck with the GB though! I'll see how the pricing works out for a base kit, though with GMK Calm Depths on the way it'll be harder for me to justify another pure blue/grey set.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 17:56:22 »
Love the pumpkins!

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 06:49:50 »
The orange novelties kind of stick out like a sore thumb with the colors of this set. Liked the burgundy better.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 07:33:29 »
I agree.   burgundy looks better than orange.

Maybe violet keycaps can be changed to burgundy?
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 March 2019, 07:35:06 by Marutks »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 15:31:49 »
As i said the burgundy accents are not doing well in combination with Eclipse (see the render below by Oblotzky). The orange accents do match the colorway way better. Also there are other two accents.

Anyway i am staying with orange accents.

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 15:37:41 »
I like the burgundy (with the same color legend as the alphas and mods) more than the purple.  Maybe burgundy can just replace the purple accents?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 15:39:31 »
As i said the burgundy accents are not doing well in combination with Eclipse (see the render below by Oblotzky). The orange accents do match the colorway way better. Also there are other two accents.
Show Image

Color itself looks god and fits the colorway IMO, but legend color ruins it. If you'd change the legend color, I'd prefer it over the orange.

Oh well, who needs any other accent than the light blue one anyway. :D

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 15:46:02 »
I like the burgundy (with the same color legend as the alphas and mods) more than the purple.  Maybe burgundy can just replace the purple accents?
Show Image

Color itself looks god and fits the colorway IMO, but legend color ruins it. If you'd change the legend color, I'd prefer it over the orange.

Oh well, who needs any other accent than the light blue one anyway. :D

The legend color is not the issue... (the legend color was kept just to make this fast render). The problem here is that burgundy does not pop as accent. It might look good in a different colorway constellation but not with this one.