Author Topic: [IC] Cajal: A 45% Keyboard - SOLD OUT IN 3 MINUTES  (Read 117666 times)

Offline DonaldPShimoda

Re: [IC] Cajal: A 45% Keyboard - GB opens on June 1st!
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 18:49:35 »
ortho is very much still supported, and has a separate solderable PCB, brass or POM plates available, and the KLE of available layouts can be found in the first post of this IC, which has been kept updated. site is currently being renovated, and its text hasn't been updated in a while. information here is accurate, and you can even find some pictures of the ortholinear prototype earlier in this thread and on my instagram (walletburnerkb). i'll update the website today! thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Ah, excellent! I was just worried I had missed something. I'm glad to hear that ortho will still be supported because I absolutely love how it looks on this board. Hopefully I can snag one! Thanks for the update!

Offline Wamuu

« Reply #251 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 19:12:29 »
Could you post a picture showing the size difference between this and a regular 40% board or a minivan in particular? I'm looking for some higher end 40's to replace my minvan for travel because I'm disappointed with the quality. Btw what will be the final weight of the board?

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 19:47:20 »
Could you post a picture showing the size difference between this and a regular 40% board or a minivan in particular? I'm looking for some higher end 40's to replace my minvan for travel because I'm disappointed with the quality. Btw what will be the final weight of the board?

oh this is not a travel board haha the aluminum is about 5lbs with the brass knob and the polycarbonate is about 3.9lbs. i'll try to take a good pic tomorrow of it next to my collection, since the sun is going down, and with it, the good lighting in my apartment. i've never found the "40%s are for travel" designation particularly convincing, and perhaps that is one reason why i make my boards so heavy they feel like they're about to collapse in and form a small star. pics tomorrow :-)

Offline chowder266

« Reply #253 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 20:32:13 »
do you think the bushido red would match gmk bushido?

Offline psxndc

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 22:44:57 »

oh this is not a travel board haha the aluminum is about 5lbs with the brass knob and the polycarbonate is about 3.9lbs. i'll try to take a good pic tomorrow of it next to my collection, since the sun is going down, and with it, the good lighting in my apartment. i've never found the "40%s are for travel" designation particularly convincing, and perhaps that is one reason why i make my boards so heavy they feel like they're about to collapse in and form a small star. pics tomorrow :-)
Srsly. Cajal doesn't go in your bag, it goes in a museum.
Ortho. Always.

Offline rondg

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 22:52:29 »
What is the diameter of the knob?

Offline Wamuu

« Reply #256 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 02:03:36 »

Oh I don’t think 40% is just for travel, that’s just how I chose to use mine. Yours is so damn badass though I can’t help but want it anyway haha. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #257 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 10:17:38 »
What is the diameter of the knob?

25mm

Offline Jsdfbn

« Reply #258 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 18:25:20 »
Does the polycarb version also come with the diffuser layer?

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 18:27:09 »
Yes it does, and we are planning for 2mm frosted acrylic or polycarbonate, depending on which of the two materials has better diffusion. Still testing materials, but getting good results.

Offline Jsdfbn

« Reply #260 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 19:43:48 »
Yes it does, and we are planning for 2mm frosted acrylic or polycarbonate, depending on which of the two materials has better diffusion. Still testing materials, but getting good results.

Ah good to hear you're testing polycarb as well. The diffuser layer seem'd a little moot with the polycarb version of the board, but if you're doing a polycarb layer as well it works out. Thanks for the quick reply :)

Offline GKboki

« Reply #261 on: Wed, 20 May 2020, 19:34:17 »
Any renders for e-white?

Offline abellp327

« Reply #262 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 13:20:47 »
If you don't mind me asking, what time exactly does the sale go live? to be more exact, the time zone?

Offline rooski15

« Reply #263 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 14:13:38 »
If you don't mind me asking, what time exactly does the sale go live? to be more exact, the time zone?

The GB will go live at 5:00PM CDT on June 1st @ Walletburner.co

5 pm CDT (central daylight time).
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 May 2020, 14:15:26 by rooski15 »

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #264 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 15:00:50 »
Is there any info on the kb height?

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #265 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 15:32:48 »
Is there any info on the kb height?

no one has asked yet! yeah so the front edge is about 19.5mm but that could be misleading due to the top chamfer depth and how sunken the keys are relative to the case height. the front edge of the switchplate on the bottom row is about 15.5mm, and the highest point on the case above the top row is about 31.5mm. it's a chonky boi but because the keys are so sunken in, it still maintains a comfortable typing height.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #266 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 15:37:08 »
Any renders for e-white?

unfortunately not, but an aluminum e-white sample picture from the factory has been added to the main post!

Offline olsen34

« Reply #267 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 23:03:51 »
The cotton candy pink polycarbonate looks like a tupperware.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #268 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 17:05:52 »
How likely y'all think there'll be an R2 with more colour choices lol :p, just can't seem to match the colour choices in this buy with the caps I've got/plan to get. wished my suggestion for jet black made it, would have looked amazing with KAT Cyberspace coming in August.
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline reaLFX

« Reply #269 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 20:43:35 »
Nice looking keyboard! only if I was into that size!

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 21:02:38 »
Looks like I've set my mind on the Cajal! Gonna go for the Red w/ the big ol' gold knob.

Btw I saw that reddit post had over 10,000 upvotes.

Plz shopify, keep the site alive long enough for me to check out.

Offline bakuretsu

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 03:15:07 »
With 10k+ upvotes on that last reddit post, there's probably no chance I'm going to be able to get one of these from FCFS. Please make this a raffle, and let us know soon after the sale ends if you think a round 2 will happen.

Offline Wamuu

[IC] Cajal: A 45% Keyboard - GB opens on June 1st!
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 03:16:43 »
How likely y'all think there'll be an R2 with more colour choices lol :p, just can't seem to match the colour choices in this buy with the caps I've got/plan to get. wished my suggestion for jet black made it, would have looked amazing with KAT Cyberspace coming in August.
This. I spray have a red board and the other colors just aren’t fitting with I got caps. Black with cyber space would have made this a no brainer for me. I hope do a R2 with black or something.

Also, are there any aspect of the boards design itself that relate to Santiago Cajal or some aspect of his life? Or is it just in name alone?

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #273 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 10:03:08 »
while 10k upvotes on a picture is nice, it doesn't mean that many people are interested in a $395 45% keyboard, though the envy is vindicating. the sale is still FCFS, tho to make checkout easier I will add all extra items (extra pcbs, extra plates, extra knobs, etc) onto walletburner.co Sunday night so people can add everything besides the board they want to their cart and check out when the sale goes live. be ready this coming Monday at 5pm CDT and hold onto your butts!

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 17:15:12 »
while 10k upvotes on a picture is nice, it doesn't mean that many people are interested in a $395 45% keyboard, though the envy is vindicating. the sale is still FCFS, tho to make checkout easier I will add all extra items (extra pcbs, extra plates, extra knobs, etc) onto walletburner.co Sunday night so people can add everything besides the board they want to their cart and check out when the sale goes live. be ready this coming Monday at 5pm CDT and hold onto your butts!

Idk man you might've started a 45% revolution with all that hype  :p

I do appreciate the extras being available early though. That's always the biggest slowdown for me.

Offline theside123

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 19:08:03 »

Is the price of polycarbonate housing the same? Where is the purchase page?

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #276 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 19:10:14 »

It is the same, and the store section of Walletburner.co is where it will be when it goes live.

Offline theside123

« Reply #277 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 21:32:19 »

It is the same, and the store section of Walletburner.co is where it will be when it goes live.

Does e-white color have the same price?

Offline fakedSkill

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 21:38:23 »
They all cost the same, only difference is the brass knob (+$40) Check https://www.walletburner.co/products/cajal

Offline Wamuu

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 01:25:44 »
Is there any aspect of the boards design itself that relate to Santiago Cajal or some aspect of his life? Or is it just in name alone?

Offline rooski15

« Reply #280 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 01:32:19 »
Is there any aspect of the boards design itself that relate to Santiago Cajal or some aspect of his life? Or is it just in name alone?
Afaik, it's the name and the microscope in the weight.

Offline Wamuu

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 23:29:22 »
Afaik, it's the name and the microscope in the weight.
Oh yeah duh . Well I don’t think I’ll be joining in on this group buy since they don’t have a black one which is the color I’d actually want for this board. Or maybe green... but yeah, if there’s a round 2 with different colors in the future I’m all in.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #282 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 18:45:36 »
After a lot of thought and evaluating alternatives, the Cajal Group-Buy will be delayed until June 15th at 5pm CDT on Walletburner.co.

Key in this decision was the discovery that one member of my team who has gone incommunicado for weeks was recently diagnosed as Covid-19 positive, and is currently in intensive care. We hope they make a speedy recovery, as this was quite a shock. This turns of events unfortunately places a decent portion of the business side of the Cajal group-buy in peril/limbo as we scramble to discover what has and hasn't been properly filed and what needs to be redone. Two weeks will allow all this to be sorted in time. Downstream of this central issue, there are also several deadlines and stress points from my day job and personal life that will subside if we delay by 2 weeks. Taken together, the decision to delay is clear.

I also want to give an earnest Thank You to everyone who has been passionately following this project for months, watching and contributing to it taking shape, and diligently saving up to make the buy on Monday. I never thought this project would get such an overwhelmingly positive reception, and I think the quality in this keyboard is worth the wait. Sorry for the confusion and frustration this may cause! Trust me, I wouldn't be doing this unless it was absolutely necessary. See you in 16 days, 22 hours and 15 mins (approx.)!   :D

Offline alphabirth

Re: [IC] Cajal: A 45% Keyboard - GB DELAYED TO JUNE 15 @ 5PM CDT!
« Reply #283 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 18:59:24 »
Aw man! The health of you and your crew is definitely top priority, and I hope for a speedy recovery too. Two week delay? That's nothing when it comes to keyboards!

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Offline rooski15

« Reply #284 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 19:25:34 »

Two week delay? That's nothing when it comes to keyboards!

Better yet, that's another pay period.

Get well soon, team.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #285 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 11:18:43 »
good on you! the health of others is much more important :thumb:

Hope they get well soon.
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline theside123

« Reply #286 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 17:29:49 »
Gb ended???

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 17:31:08 »
Gb ended???

No, it isn't. Read the updates and post title.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2020, 18:44:59 by walletburner »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #288 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 07:47:43 »
After a lot of thought and evaluating alternatives, the Cajal Group-Buy will be delayed until June 15th at 5pm CDT on Walletburner.co.

Key in this decision was the discovery that one member of my team who has gone incommunicado for weeks was recently diagnosed as Covid-19 positive, and is currently in intensive care. We hope they make a speedy recovery, as this was quite a shock. This turns of events unfortunately places a decent portion of the business side of the Cajal group-buy in peril/limbo as we scramble to discover what has and hasn't been properly filed and what needs to be redone. Two weeks will allow all this to be sorted in time. Downstream of this central issue, there are also several deadlines and stress points from my day job and personal life that will subside if we delay by 2 weeks. Taken together, the decision to delay is clear.

I also want to give an earnest Thank You to everyone who has been passionately following this project for months, watching and contributing to it taking shape, and diligently saving up to make the buy on Monday. I never thought this project would get such an overwhelmingly positive reception, and I think the quality in this keyboard is worth the wait. Sorry for the confusion and frustration this may cause! Trust me, I wouldn't be doing this unless it was absolutely necessary. See you in 16 days, 22 hours and 15 mins (approx.)!   :D

2 weeks is nothing! Hope they make a speedy recovery 🙏

Offline productkun

« Reply #289 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 15:55:34 »
Im interested in the keyboard + the brass button, does this mean ill get 2 buttons or that my regular button will be upgraded to a brass version? If its the 2nd option is there a way to get another knob to match more keysets etc..

Offline rooski15

« Reply #290 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 16:03:39 »
Im interested in the keyboard + the brass button, does this mean ill get 2 buttons or that my regular button will be upgraded to a brass version? If its the 2nd option is there a way to get another knob to match more keysets etc..
It only comes with 1 knob, whichever you elect. However, there will be extra PCB, knob, plate, gaskets, etc for purchase.

« Reply #291 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 17:43:47 »
This is super slick. I'm looking forward to this.

« Reply #292 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 18:04:57 »
This is super slick and I love the pink polycarbonate.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #293 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 18:10:34 »
This is super slick and I love forward to this.
Ortho. Always.

Offline rooski15

« Reply #294 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 18:11:33 »
Are the three of you related? Cause if so, that's super slick.

Offline psxndc

[IC] Cajal: A 45% Keyboard - GB DELAYED TO JUNE 15 @ 5PM CDT!
« Reply #295 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 20:54:49 »
Are the three of you related? Cause if so, that's super slick.
C-c-c-combo breaker. Sorry, the answer we were looking for is "this is super slick and I'm looking the pink polycarbonate"
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2020, 23:47:53 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline bobaboy

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 00:53:00 »
This is super slick and I want one  ;D

Offline fakedSkill

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 00:55:19 »
This is super slick and I need one

Offline dRnRcRr

« Reply #298 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 19:44:51 »
Very slick

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #299 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 22:56:25 »
reminding everyone how slick this will be on Monday. see y'all on walletburner.co @ 5pm CDT!