Author Topic: [IC] Matrix lab 8XV 3.0 (GB starts 10th March)  (Read 130268 times)

Offline feelingcute

Re: [IC] Matrix lab 8XV 3.0 (GB starts 10th March)
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 14:31:37 »
Just pretend they didn't offer the option of a blank top :)

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #201 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 16:30:48 »
Never explained why there's no EU vendor. Prototypist is not an option because VAT is one thing and import fees from UK is a whole other story. Plus DHL fees as an additional bonus. Keep it for yourself then, other vendors are respecting their EU customers more.

Btw unless several typing tests are available, no one schould consider buying it : too much TKLs can be found on the market for a lesser price and decently sounding. It should stand out, to justify the price. Just beacuse it's "Matrix" proves nothing itself. Hope I'm wrong.

No one should consider buying this since there's no sound test ? Lol what a blanket statement. How about you let people make that decision for themselves. I am personally buying it because of the design, and known matrix quality.

I understand you're salty about the EU situation, but at the end of the day they're your country/organization laws, and there's no way to accommodate everyone sometimes.

Buying in 2022 without sound test ? This is a “blanket statement” indeed, to say less. And “make your own opinion” based precisely on what ? Country / organization laws ? What are you talking about ? Matrix just didn’t get along with EU vendors or didn’t want to. At least give un an explanation why. So yeah I’m reasonably salty about it. You would be too.
Finally, no conspiracy, but I find it’s strange that the buying window is so short and no sound test at all. Anyway, once again, hope it’s a great keyboard, best of luck.

Offline feelingcute

« Reply #202 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 20:27:22 »
For the recent Safa 588 release US customers were only offered an EU vendor (mykeyboard.eu) and you didn't see anyone crapping their pants over it like this. If it's a big enough deal then don't buy the board. People are acting like matrixlab has a gun to their head and is forcing them to purchase a board along with 20 extras. Grow up, it's a luxury keyboard and the definition of a nonessential purchase.

Offline JHelsing

« Reply #203 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 20:49:34 »
For the recent Safa 588 release US customers were only offered an EU vendor (mykeyboard.eu) and you didn't see anyone crapping their pants over it like this. If it's a big enough deal then don't buy the board. People are acting like matrixlab has a gun to their head and is forcing them to purchase a board along with 20 extras. Grow up, it's a luxury keyboard and the definition of a nonessential purchase.

People like the ones complaining here all had their minds made up, there's no point in talking to them. They don't understand that not every single GB is going to secure a vendor for every single region and would rather complain than acknowledge the fact that the people who are running the GB also have lives and can't be asked to add a vendor for everywhere. Well, the Safa people sure didn't.

Offline maximize

« Reply #204 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 20:58:24 »

How many times do we have to have this god**** conversation on this platform? This is an IC, and they posted it to gather feedback. This is the feedback. Yeah, no ****, WE KNOW we aren't forced to buy anything. But we want to be customers and support the vendors, and thus the hobby. Critiquing sellers' methods has made group buys what they are today: fun to be a part of the design process (to some extent), (usually) full of a variety of purchase options, and reasonably safe and convenient to join. You would understand these things if you had been around here for more than *checks profile* six days.

Offline bigoldbox

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 21:11:15 »
Never explained why there's no EU vendor. Prototypist is not an option because VAT is one thing and import fees from UK is a whole other story. Plus DHL fees as an additional bonus. Keep it for yourself then, other vendors are respecting their EU customers more.

Btw unless several typing tests are available, no one schould consider buying it : too much TKLs can be found on the market for a lesser price and decently sounding. It should stand out, to justify the price. Just beacuse it's "Matrix" proves nothing itself. Hope I'm wrong.

No one should consider buying this since there's no sound test ? Lol what a blanket statement. How about you let people make that decision for themselves. I am personally buying it because of the design, and known matrix quality.

I understand you're salty about the EU situation, but at the end of the day they're your country/organization laws, and there's no way to accommodate everyone sometimes.

Buying in 2022 without sound test ? This is a “blanket statement” indeed, to say less. And “make your own opinion” based precisely on what ? Country / organization laws ? What are you talking about ? Matrix just didn’t get along with EU vendors or didn’t want to. At least give un an explanation why. So yeah I’m reasonably salty about it. You would be too.
Finally, no conspiracy, but I find it’s strange that the buying window is so short and no sound test at all. Anyway, once again, hope it’s a great keyboard, best of luck.

Sound tests are infamously unreliable to begin with, I would never make my purchasing decisions on one. I trust matrix to deliver a quality keyboard based on their previous work. However having no EU vendor and no default blank top option is unacceptable at this price range. I don't see any reason to buy this if you have a 1.0 or 2.0. 

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 21:22:59 »
People need to chill out, for real. 

Up until the ME, matrix hadn't really pursued international buys at all.  We finally get a numbered series board as an international buy and people really out here acting like they've been slighted.  Look, I get it, paying import taxes would suck for sure, but you really need to step back and appreciate that matrix labs is doing an international buy at all.  Your other option, if you'd rather not participate in the GB but still want one, is to wait for aftermarket on mm and xianyu.  There's no guarantee it'll be any more affordable, though.

To the "waste of material" remark regarding extra tops: I think this is a win for everyone involved.  Sure, you may end up having a 3.0 top that's not being used (just like any extra PCBs you have lying around for other boards), but it allows for a cheaper way to significantly change the look of your board pretty easily.  It's being marketed as an accessory, not half a keyboard.

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #207 on: Thu, 10 March 2022, 22:57:20 »

the difference there is that the US doesn't have import taxes on keyboards at all

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #208 on: Fri, 11 March 2022, 00:15:30 »
People need to chill out, for real. 

Up until the ME, matrix hadn't really pursued international buys at all.  We finally get a numbered series board as an international buy and people really out here acting like they've been slighted.  Look, I get it, paying import taxes would suck for sure, but you really need to step back and appreciate that matrix labs is doing an international buy at all.  Your other option, if you'd rather not participate in the GB but still want one, is to wait for aftermarket on mm and xianyu.  There's no guarantee it'll be any more affordable, though.

To the "waste of material" remark regarding extra tops: I think this is a win for everyone involved.  Sure, you may end up having a 3.0 top that's not being used (just like any extra PCBs you have lying around for other boards), but it allows for a cheaper way to significantly change the look of your board pretty easily.  It's being marketed as an accessory, not half a keyboard.

Noah International Edition was the first broadly available Matrix board that was sold and marketed internationally.

It was kind of a ****ty board.

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #209 on: Fri, 11 March 2022, 05:17:42 »

People like the ones complaining here all had their minds made up, there's no point in talking to them. They don't understand that not every single GB is going to secure a vendor for every single region and would rather complain than acknowledge the fact that the people who are running the GB also have lives and can't be asked to add a vendor for everywhere. Well, the Safa people sure didn't.

Apparently not only you don't understand but can't properly read too. EU is the only absent big region and no explanation why has been given by Matrix lab. Have you ever paid the european import taxes ? I'm pretty sick and tired too of people who are not concerned by the issue but find it useful to diminish and deny the whole existence of it. Like "hey, you can't buy it, your problem, just shut up". I mean what kind of mentality is that ? Constructive criticism is what makes hobby evolve and get better, so maybe it's time to grow up.

Offline elvenmonster

« Reply #210 on: Fri, 11 March 2022, 09:01:19 »

How many times do we have to have this god**** conversation on this platform? This is an IC, and they posted it to gather feedback. This is the feedback. Yeah, no ****, WE KNOW we aren't forced to buy anything. But we want to be customers and support the vendors, and thus the hobby. Critiquing sellers' methods has made group buys what they are today: fun to be a part of the design process (to some extent), (usually) full of a variety of purchase options, and reasonably safe and convenient to join. You would understand these things if you had been around here for more than *checks profile* six days.

Lmao you're naive if you think IC is for actually checking interest at this point. Its mainly for product advertisement for a lot of the posts, and one place to put all the information. I seriously doubt the GB runners would change anything about the sale depending on feedback on this particular forum.

Offline elvenmonster

« Reply #211 on: Fri, 11 March 2022, 09:11:14 »

Apparently not only you don't understand but can't properly read too. EU is the only absent big region and no explanation why has been given by Matrix lab. Have you ever paid the european import taxes ? I'm pretty sick and tired too of people who are not concerned by the issue but find it useful to diminish and deny the whole existence of it. Like "hey, you can't buy it, your problem, just shut up". I mean what kind of mentality is that ? Constructive criticism is what makes hobby evolve and get better, so maybe it's time to grow up.

Wouldnt you have paid taxes anyway had there been an EU vendor? And its mainly the DHL fees you save on? I may be wrong but that was my understanding, and that the fees are like 15 Euros or so. I can understand why people would be turned off by that since this is an expensive board anyways. However I don't feel like its anything throwing a tantrum over.

It honestly sounds very entitled of people to act as if an explanation was needed, as if they are already customers who have bought the board. Like calm down. There are so many other nations (like India for example) that don't even have a vendor. Sure, EU is a bigger market but I feel like its a few loud ones who are complaining anyway - many who probably had no intention of buying the board in the first place. Why then, should they be obligated to provide an explanation (which could be anything, probably as simple as them wanting to maintain some relationships theyve cultivated)

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #212 on: Fri, 11 March 2022, 09:40:40 »
Just to give you an example with another product:

I think Matrix wanted to sell to all EU through Prototypist because they didn't know UK was not part of EU anymore (according to discord discussions).
Most probably next time we'll have an EU vendor, since Matrix is probably aware of EU demanding.

Offline elvenmonster

« Reply #213 on: Fri, 11 March 2022, 11:28:05 »
Just to give you an example with another product:
Show Image

I think Matrix wanted to sell to all EU through Prototypist because they didn't know UK was not part of EU anymore (according to discord discussions).
Most probably next time we'll have an EU vendor, since Matrix is probably aware of EU demanding.

Thanks! This gives much more context to the whole thing.

Offline JHelsing

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 11 March 2022, 16:57:21 »

If we're namecalling and nitpicking then it's "can't properly read either." If we're talking import taxes you know that everyone pays them right? OR am I missing something and the only people who pay them are from the EU?
Plus, It's not as you put it  "hey, you can't buy it, your problem, just shut up" since you CAN buy it. You are crying about the lack of a VENDOR for a region and how the import tax might be more than other regions. I was pointing out how other boards also miss out on large regions like NA and EU so many boards run into the same issue.

I don't even know why I bother since all you ever do according to your post history is crying about how one set doesn't have French localized keys or is not French friendly while adapting a pompous ass tone while doing it:

On the GMK Fleuriste IC:
"Would've been interested with a french layout kit. No kit, no interest."

On this specific IC form:
"Never explained why there's no EU vendor. Prototypist is not an option because VAT is one thing and import fees from UK is a whole other story. Plus DHL fees as an additional bonus. Keep it for yourself then, other vendors are respecting their EU customers more."

You should know that someone who is running a GB doesn't have the time or energy to make sure they line up a vendor for every region right? Sometimes they miss out on a SEA vendor or a US-specific vendor and just go with a global one, which people understand since these IC's may take months if not years to get to the GB stage so they are somewhat pressured to get the GB going for people that support them: The people waiting wants their boards/caps/whatever else, and the artist wants to deliver as soon as possible due to their feelings of obligation towards these people.

You could just have just said "It is a shame that there's no EU-specific vendor on this project, I think I'll sit this one out because I don't want to be fleeced by import taxes" but went full aggro. How is that "constructive criticism"?

Don't like it don't buy it. If you want to offer constructive criticism get rid of your snide tone. Plus if you don't buy it I'll get mine sooner.

Offline Whale_algorithm

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 11 March 2022, 20:15:22 »
Guys, these are keyboards. Most workplaces provide them for free. And phones have them built in.  :eek:

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #216 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 05:07:06 »

If we're namecalling and nitpicking then it's "can't properly read either." If we're talking import taxes you know that everyone pays them right? OR am I missing something and the only people who pay them are from the EU?
Plus, It's not as you put it  "hey, you can't buy it, your problem, just shut up" since you CAN buy it. You are crying about the lack of a VENDOR for a region and how the import tax might be more than other regions. I was pointing out how other boards also miss out on large regions like NA and EU so many boards run into the same issue.

I don't even know why I bother since all you ever do according to your post history is crying about how one set doesn't have French localized keys or is not French friendly while adapting a pompous ass tone while doing it:

On the GMK Fleuriste IC:

"Never explained why there's no EU vendor. Prototypist is not an option because VAT is one thing and import fees from UK is a whole other story. Plus DHL fees as an additional bonus. Keep it for yourself then, other vendors are respecting their EU customers more."

You should know that someone who is running a GB doesn't have the time or energy to make sure they line up a vendor for every region right? Sometimes they miss out on a SEA vendor or a US-specific vendor and just go with a global one, which people understand since these IC's may take months if not years to get to the GB stage so they are somewhat pressured to get the GB going for people that support them: The people waiting wants their boards/caps/whatever else, and the artist wants to deliver as soon as possible due to their feelings of obligation towards these people.

You could just have just said "It is a shame that there's no EU-specific vendor on this project, I think I'll sit this one out because I don't want to be fleeced by import taxes" but went full aggro. How is that "constructive criticism"?

Don't like it don't buy it. If you want to offer constructive criticism get rid of your snide tone. Plus if you don't buy it I'll get mine sooner.

And what constructive criticism did you offer except for pointing my non-relative to the topic posts and "stop crying" sentences ? Not a single one. First, for the taxes : they are objectively much higher if delivered from UK (Brexit, heard of it?). Of course, I can buy it elsewhere but this is precisely the poitn you miss : I want to buy it from EU vendor and pay a reasonable price. Secondly, for the vendors : they are plenty in EU and, once again, no reason why has been given. I have an impression you're working for them so blindly you defend their injustifiable position towards EU customers :D And for the record my "snide tone" as you said is the reaction for your impertinent comments, nothing more.

Finally, let me give you one solid example of how a professional vendor should react in such situation. I wanted to buy a HIBI & LNY knob for my Sat75 but no delivery option was available to France. So I asked HIBI via mail why and how can I get it. They contacted Mykeyboard.eu and two days later the knob was available for the pre-order. Two days later.

Yeah, let's just hope your getting your keyboard sooner, don't bother yourself further.

Offline JHelsing

« Reply #217 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 05:52:25 »

On the GMK Fleuriste IC:

And what constructive criticism did you offer except for pointing my non-relative to the topic posts and "stop crying" sentences ? Not a single one. First, for the taxes : they are objectively much higher if delivered from UK (Brexit, heard of it?). Of course, I can buy it elsewhere but this is precisely the poitn you miss : I want to buy it from EU vendor and pay a reasonable price. Secondly, for the vendors : they are plenty in EU and, once again, no reason why has been given. I have an impression you're working for them so blindly you defend their injustifiable position towards EU customers :D And for the record my "snide tone" as you said is the reaction for your impertinent comments, nothing more.

Finally, let me give you one solid example of how a professional vendor should react in such situation. I wanted to buy a HIBI & LNY knob for my Sat75 but no delivery option was available to France. So I asked HIBI via mail why and how can I get it. They contacted Mykeyboard.eu and two days later the knob was available for the pre-order. Two days later.

Yeah, let's just hope your getting your keyboard sooner, don't bother yourself further.

"And what constructive criticism did you offer except for pointing my non-relative to the topic posts and "stop crying" sentences"
None, since I didn't have any. My original post was not directed at you but okay.

"for the taxes : they are objectively much higher if delivered from UK"
Of course, since UK and EU are in different regions, and? Everyone has to deal with taxes. I have to pay a bunch in import taxes every time I buy stuff from other regions and I don't complain about every little thing lmao. Sure taxes are high but that doesn't allow you to come and yell at me for literally nothing. Sorry, you have to deal with taxes man, you can deal with aftermarket prices instead I guess.

"I want to buy it from EU vendor and pay a reasonable price"
Okay, great! Next time when you want to point this out maybe don't quote someone else and call them illiterate.

"for the vendors: they are plenty in EU and, once again, no reason why has been given"
Did you DM them? Do they have to come out in a Japanese-style press conference and bow there heads to say sorry, we couldn't get to a EU vendor in time for GB? Why can't you give them the benefit of the doubt?

" I have an impression you're working for them so blindly you defend their injustifiable position towards EU customers"
I don't work for them. I'm just a reasonable guy. Their position is by no means unjustifiable just because you are in a unfortunate position. If I was in your shoes I'd just say oh well and go, or just be reasonable, like I wrote above:
"It is a shame that there's no EU-specific vendor on this project, I think I'll sit this one out because I don't want to be fleeced by import taxes"

"one solid example of how a professional vendor should react in such situation. "
Yep, they did great. Use that example for every new board by independent board maker too, see if everyone else agrees with you.
MatrixLab is from China, and from what I gather they've only done a few GB's. You are comparing them to CannonKeys, which is a US vendor that makes their own keycaps, who would have connection to vendors everywhere.

"Yeah, let's just hope your getting your keyboard sooner"
Thanks, hopefully none of your GB's gets delayed. They say they'll be shipping the 8XV sometime around Q4 so yeah, pretty stoked.

"don't bother yourself further"
sorry

Offline Matrix-Lab

• Matrix
« Reply #218 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 08:44:56 »

Well, I didn't check the GH thread since the GB started. I have explained many times in my server. The reason is i was asking Prototypist to be the vendor of the whole EU at first, and I didn't know the complicated situation between you guys by that time.

Even if I found out later, out of responsibility for the decisions I made, and also for the prototypist. Even so I might lose a lot of EU orders, i decided not to add another EU local vendor for this GB.

I won't make similar mistakes again in the future, I hope this will not disappoint the love of eu fans for us.

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #219 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 12:39:47 »
no EU vendor is a real bummer. Would have liked to join but I havent had good experience with UK vendors.
I'll skip this one and hope that the future round of this will have a EU vendor, if there is gonna be a future round.

GLWGB

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #220 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 17:12:39 »

On the GMK Fleuriste IC:

"And what constructive criticism did you offer except for pointing my non-relative to the topic posts and "stop crying" sentences"
None, since I didn't have any. My original post was not directed at you but okay.

"for the taxes : they are objectively much higher if delivered from UK"
Of course, since UK and EU are in different regions, and? Everyone has to deal with taxes. I have to pay a bunch in import taxes every time I buy stuff from other regions and I don't complain about every little thing lmao. Sure taxes are high but that doesn't allow you to come and yell at me for literally nothing. Sorry, you have to deal with taxes man, you can deal with aftermarket prices instead I guess.

"I want to buy it from EU vendor and pay a reasonable price"
Okay, great! Next time when you want to point this out maybe don't quote someone else and call them illiterate.

"for the vendors: they are plenty in EU and, once again, no reason why has been given"
Did you DM them? Do they have to come out in a Japanese-style press conference and bow there heads to say sorry, we couldn't get to a EU vendor in time for GB? Why can't you give them the benefit of the doubt?

" I have an impression you're working for them so blindly you defend their injustifiable position towards EU customers"
I don't work for them. I'm just a reasonable guy. Their position is by no means unjustifiable just because you are in a unfortunate position. If I was in your shoes I'd just say oh well and go, or just be reasonable, like I wrote above:
"It is a shame that there's no EU-specific vendor on this project, I think I'll sit this one out because I don't want to be fleeced by import taxes"

"one solid example of how a professional vendor should react in such situation. "
Yep, they did great. Use that example for every new board by independent board maker too, see if everyone else agrees with you.
MatrixLab is from China, and from what I gather they've only done a few GB's. You are comparing them to CannonKeys, which is a US vendor that makes their own keycaps, who would have connection to vendors everywhere.

"Yeah, let's just hope your getting your keyboard sooner"
Thanks, hopefully none of your GB's gets delayed. They say they'll be shipping the 8XV sometime around Q4 so yeah, pretty stoked.

"don't bother yourself further"
sorry

So much words and STILL not a single solid argument :D Just unverifiable assumptions about vendors origin, lesson giving on my communication manner, mixing up things that have no relation (for example,buying from GB and a random person in other region is not the same thing obviously, since GB vendor CAN choose the reseller) and the main point that you still didn’t get : make the sale better the next time for the EU folks. The pinacle of your hypocrisy is that you affirm you know about taxes we have to pay if we buy from Prototypist but still think EU folks have no right to complain about that. Plenty of comments here attest of the deception coming from absence of EU vendor, it’s okay, just try to be at our place, it’s not that hard.

You’re seeking so hard to be right, I’m starting to feel sorry for you. Dissecting my posts must provide some strange pleasure to you (please go on be my guest) :D Yet, unfortunately you’re wrong, all these efforts for nothing. See Matrix lab post, who I thank for finally stand out and give a response. Next time, we’ll have more chances to get an EU vendor. You see, maybe reasonable complaining works, reasonable guy.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 March 2022, 17:14:31 by NightFox99 »

Offline TomatoMan

« Reply #221 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 19:06:35 »
Would have loved to get this! Unless i find some1 to use as a proxy and undervalue it i'm not gonna pay 30% more, over the already high price, to import it from UK.
It's understandable that you had no clue about the difference between UK and EU what i don't get is why didn't you get in touch with an eu vendor and set it up for the sale. Better late than never you know!

Offline JHelsing

« Reply #222 on: Sat, 12 March 2022, 21:36:39 »
So much words and STILL not a single solid argument :D Just unverifiable assumptions about vendors origin, lesson giving on my communication manner, mixing up things that have no relation (for example,buying from GB and a random person in other region is not the same thing obviously, since GB vendor CAN choose the reseller) and the main point that you still didn’t get : make the sale better the next time for the EU folks. The pinacle of your hypocrisy is that you affirm you know about taxes we have to pay if we buy from Prototypist but still think EU folks have no right to complain about that. Plenty of comments here attest of the deception coming from absence of EU vendor, it’s okay, just try to be at our place, it’s not that hard.

You’re seeking so hard to be right, I’m starting to feel sorry for you. Dissecting my posts must provide some strange pleasure to you (please go on be my guest) :D Yet, unfortunately you’re wrong, all these efforts for nothing. See Matrix lab post, who I thank for finally stand out and give a response. Next time, we’ll have more chances to get an EU vendor. You see, maybe reasonable complaining works, reasonable guy.

Welp, It is what it is.
We both have our minds made upon and there's literally no point to this now that Matrix showed up, I concede that I was quite rude in my responses and I apologize for that.

anyways hopefully the board comes soon, and hopefully next time there's nothing to pointlessly yell over.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #223 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 23:34:58 »
Lol, Matrix officially goes international beyond Asia/China for once and everyone’s mad.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #224 on: Tue, 15 March 2022, 08:59:22 »
Ordered on a starry night. :)
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline WXYaa

« Reply #225 on: Wed, 16 March 2022, 01:48:52 »
The better question is why isn't Blue Star available? :D

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, this is an IC thread afterall! Perhaps direct our anger towards Putin the MOFO instead! >:(

And here is my thoughts:

This board is certainly not cheap. I am in NY and it will cost over $650 after NYC Sales Tax and shipping. I am OK with the price, albeit higher than ordering directly from Matrix like the ME's GB. I understand that the vendors need to eat, and they will likely need to pay import tariff even without VAT. So that's that.

Regarding the available color choices for a full board vs. Top case only, I think it's to minimize the amount of combination of color mating/matching accent pieces of the backweight and the bottom case. This is independent from the top case only option, as we would be using a different bottom/backweight combination. Note that the top case option is made possible because of the new seamless top case design. I think it's a welcome option to own an entirely different look for a mere $150/$200, vs $580. I don't think it's fair to call the top case option a 'money grab'. I would rather have this option than not, even when my preferred options are not available in the full board selection.

However, I do wish that the more 'special' colors are available for the full board option, and make the basic colors available in the top case option if necessary. I wouldn't be paying $650 for a plain old black ano TKL (as much as I LOVE black ano), and absolutely not a black ano 'blank' one. That's probably the rationale behind Matrix decision not to include a 'blank' TKL full board option. There are so many 'blank' TKL at half the price out there... But I am sure there would be complaints either way. More importantly, it doesn't make financial sense as the basic colors are usually best sellers. lol

So my choice is going to be Starry Night and an extra Orange Red top (and a White Flash, and a Blue Black, and a...)! By the way, the special colors are much nicer in person. Photos just don't do them justice. I only wish Blue Star is available. Again, why isn't it available?!

Offline Whale_algorithm

« Reply #226 on: Tue, 05 April 2022, 18:35:05 »
Are you going to release any statistics on number of boards sold?

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 03:14:15 »
where can we get updates about the gb
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline jo h n

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 06:27:37 »
where can we get updates about the gb

I don't think there is any updates for now but I'm sure they will be posted here aswell as the Matrix Labs Discord

Shipping is not due to vendors until Q4, maybe they have more info on their sites?
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 May 2022, 00:18:00 by jo h n »

Offline Whale_algorithm

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 20:41:56 »
If you are hosting your GB on GH, you have to post your updates on GH.

GB rules: geekhack.org is a community of keyboard enthusiasts and not simply an advertising platform for keyboard-related sales. Thus we require that any group buy organizers who post their group buy threads in this section also provide updates in the thread they have started until the conclusion of the group buy, even if updates are also posted somewhere else. It is requested to post an update at least monthly, even if there is no progress in manufacturing.

You could argue that this was technically never posted in the GB forum so the rules don't apply, but I don't think any mods would agree that the argument holds up to the intent of the rule.

Offline peterparker111

• Prime IT Solution
Re: [IC] Matrix lab 8XV 3.0
« Reply #230 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 06:11:59 »
So ready for a intl. Matrix GB! Also my b-day is in March so that's the perfect excuse to treat myself to ones of these LOL!
LOL SAME!!!!

Offline Necrolegion

Re: [IC] Matrix lab 8XV 3.0
« Reply #231 on: Sun, 21 August 2022, 22:47:17 »
So ready for a intl. Matrix GB! Also my b-day is in March so that's the perfect excuse to treat myself to ones of these LOL!
LOL SAME!!!!

You do realize that the international GB already happened, right???

Offline Whale_algorithm

« Reply #232 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 13:56:27 »
Do we have any status updates?

Offline optimuspine

« Reply #233 on: Sat, 08 October 2022, 21:17:06 »

Thanks for reminding me I ordered this. Yeah, any updates?

Offline andanya

« Reply #234 on: Sun, 09 October 2022, 07:02:05 »

Based on chatter in discord, I think they’re done packing international orders. Swagkeys probably will get them first.

This is also my assumption because they said they're shipping out their second GB (Meta) this mid October. So I'm assuming they're done with 8XV 3.0.

And they're also preparing their next GB, Corsa.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 13 October 2022, 04:32:39 »
EU people should seriously look into the aftermarket instead of extra sales, might actually end up being less expensive lol

I hope they don't pull the same BS for Corsa at least.

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #236 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 15:01:46 »
With some time passed now, it's for sure that 3.0 is not better or even on the same level as 2.0/add. And it's even worse if they confirm that Magic3 "rabbit" edition design... :D

But yeah at least Oblotzky was there for Corsa

Offline elvenmonster

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 23:05:11 »
With some time passed now, it's for sure that 3.0 is not better or even on the same level as 2.0/add.

disagree to agree. It's for sure that my grapes are sweeter than yours.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 January 2023, 23:08:47 by elvenmonster »

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #238 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 03:26:28 »
With some time passed now, it's for sure that 3.0 is not better or even on the same level as 2.0/add.

disagree to agree. It's for sure that my grapes are sweeter than yours.

That's nothing but my opinion ofc. Go ahead if you like it, still a matrix keeb tho, they don't disappoint often. Also no gatekeeping

Offline Theman2k

« Reply #239 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 07:25:29 »
With some time passed now, it's for sure that 3.0 is not better or even on the same level as 2.0/add. And it's even worse if they confirm that Magic3 "rabbit" edition design... :D

What's wrong with it compared to 2.0?

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #240 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 07:42:28 »

Nothing is really wrong but I prefer USB port location on 2.0, also weight looks cheap compared it. Most importantly, soundwise 2.0 got my preference. Still it's better than most of boards, so Matrix is still on top. Yet, matter of personal preference, this CNY rabbit edition kinda surprised me in a negative way

Offline andanya

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 07:47:57 »
What is wrong with the rabbit edition? Kinda over the top in term of design in a good way to me. Very steep price based on discord chatter though.

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #242 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 09:18:21 »
What is wrong with the rabbit edition? Kinda over the top in term of design in a good way to me. Very steep price based on discord chatter though.

I just personally don't like the design of the rabbit edition. Grant me that right  :D

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #243 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 10:57:51 »

Nothing is really wrong but I prefer USB port location on 2.0, also weight looks cheap compared it. Most importantly, soundwise 2.0 got my preference. Still it's better than most of boards, so Matrix is still on top. Yet, matter of personal preference, this CNY rabbit edition kinda surprised me in a negative way

And 1.2 is better than 2.0 😝

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #244 on: Sat, 21 January 2023, 04:00:20 »

Oh boi, I would like so much to have it ...

Offline hkhawk

« Reply #245 on: Sat, 21 January 2023, 09:10:25 »

Oh boi, I would like so much to have it ...

Yeah, same here