Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2670703 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Brobot therapy
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 13:48:55 »
Show Image

I wish that said "I'm just sitting here Clacksturbating" instead of just sitting here with my gasmasks.

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 13:56:17 »
Show Image

I wish that said "I'm just sitting here Clacksturbating" instead of just sitting here with my gasmasks.

Well I own no clacks so It wouldn't be true

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 15:24:12 »
At 10:00:06, I don't think I have a chance. I waited those extra seconds to make sure I didnt send early, then couldn't find the send button. I also got confused when it started going up after the countdown finished :(
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Belfong

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 18:27:51 »
I NEED HUGS!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 18:37:10 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 18:39:57 »

You didn't make it. No hope for anything with 10:00:01.....

I need that Sifo cap though so I can roleplay with mine and we can be best friends for life.
Roleplay...Mmmm sexy
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline tbc

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 18:50:37 »
i'm just imagining 100s of crushed souls of people who didn't make it.  we really need millisecind precision on emails lol
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 18:54:11 »
Just realized I missed this...

Imagine my feeling?

Time to go cry now.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 19:10:15 »
i'm just imagining 100s of crushed souls of people who didn't make it.  we really need millisecind precision on emails lol

I sure hope there will be no soul crushing
I love Elzy

Offline Shikarikato

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 19:16:02 »

I sure hope there will be no soul crushing
Are you really concerned about souls that aren't yours?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 19:16:53 »
Just realized I missed this...

Imagine my feeling?

Time to go cry now.
What's worse is when one have waited for days for this sale, planned what to get, revised the list again and again, then stayed up till 2am fighting off sleep and only to missed it by milliseconds. That's worst, really.

Offline Av180

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 19:28:43 »
Has anyone got their invoice or notification? I sent mine 30 seconds after 1, and I thought I would be fine by waiting a little to make sure I didn't send early. He said that only 50 people got in, and he had 2 pages of people right on the mark. Sad day if I didn't get in...

KMAC 62g Clear
Poker 2 Stock Red
Leopold FC200RE Stock Clear

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 19:29:25 »
Has anyone got their invoice or notification? I sent mine 30 seconds after 1, and I thought I would be fine by waiting a little to make sure I didn't send early. He said that only 50 people got in, and he had 2 pages of people right on the mark. Sad day if I didn't get in...

30 seconds or milliseconds?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 19:38:31 »
For me, I sent 10 minutes early, way before he said that the earlier one doesn't count. Oh the anticipation, the exhilaration of thinking I got in early.. and then the disappointment later................. hope my subsequent submission got in!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #164 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 20:02:40 »
For me, I sent 10 minutes early, way before he said that the earlier one doesn't count. Oh the anticipation, the exhilaration of thinking I got in early.. and then the disappointment later................. hope my subsequent submission got in!
Lol, tell me about it, I went back and checked and I send mine 11 mins before it officially started, I thought I killed it, it was mins before anyone even started saying the email was up. Learned my lesson though.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 20:19:51 »
I keep refreshing my email, I was a 10:00:03. I know the truth but I just refuse to believe it :(
sell out and eat ass

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #166 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 20:20:17 »
Maybe next time hold a drawing instead of a 4grabs. Like CC always says afterwards, it's always the same group of people who get in on every sale and it wouldn't at all be surprising if these were the same exact people for the brobot sale. It always felt like a 4grabs style sale was unfair for a variety of reasons, and a raffle drawing would make many of those issues obsolete.

Offline Shikarikato

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 20:24:49 »
Maybe next time hold a drawing instead of a 4grabs. Like CC always says afterwards, it's always the same group of people who get in on every sale and it wouldn't at all be surprising if these were the same exact people for the brobot sale. It always felt like a 4grabs style sale was unfair for a variety of reasons, and a raffle drawing would make many of those issues obsolete.
And then the people who have the $$$ to put down enough money for a raffle 3x who might be the same people winning all of the 4grabs have a better chance than someone like me @_@.

Can't he just make it for those who don't have any brobots? This community should be trustworthy, but you never know.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 20:26:22 »
And then the people who have the $$$ to put down enough money for a raffle 3x who might be the same people winning all of the 4grabs have a better chance than someone like me @_@.

Can't he just make it for those who don't have any brobots? This community should be trustworthy, but you never know.

At this point, that's really most people. I bet most of the people who got in on this sale don't have any BroBots.

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 20:27:57 »

Most people here don't have brobots. The only way to get one is classifieds, and still that's limited to the R1's and the metal R2's

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #170 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 20:29:55 »

Not really what I meant. Perhaps raffle was the wrong term. I meant a drawing.

Offline Shikarikato

« Reply #171 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 20:32:40 »
Can't he just not allow them to participate in the next one-two trades to give everyone a fair chance at it?
I don't remember the exact number of people attempting to get brobots, but someone said something about 300 people in the thread. 250 is about 80% of the people didn't get one
Or maybe he can reduce the max number of brobots someone can buy. Just some meaningless suggestions.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 20:34:08 »
Can't he just not allow them to participate in the next one-two trades to give everyone a fair chance at it?
I don't remember the exact number of people attempting to get brobots, but someone said something about 300 people in the thread. 250 is about 80% of the people didn't get one
Or maybe he can reduce the max number of brobots someone can buy. Just some meaningless suggestions.

Man I thought 3 was a pretty good limit and then it sold out in seconds... ;o  :-X  :-\  :confused:

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 20:50:49 »
I forgot to turn off the gmail labs undo button before I sent mine off

10:00:02, much sadness...  :blank:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 20:52:07 »

I remembered to turn this off, but still only managed 10:00:01 :rolleyes:

Offline Sai

« Reply #175 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 20:59:18 »
open 2 tabs - one with countdown timer and one with email prepared. and hit 'send' when the timer hit 10:00:00.
at least, that is how i sent my email. now just have to see if i got in or not.  :-X
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #176 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 22:34:02 »

What is gmail labs?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #177 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 22:47:07 »

What is gmail labs?

Go to settings and click on the "labs" tab I think. It's been so long since I tweaked my settings. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #178 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 22:47:22 »
Drawings are dumb, it requires little work to enter so I personally think it leads to people signing up just to resell.

The way he did it this sale, it requires some work and paying attention to some things and I think it keeps out some of the people looking for a quick and easy buck (since they know people will pay inflated prices)
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #179 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 22:49:12 »
Drawings are dumb, it requires little work to enter so I personally think it leads to people signing up just to resell.

The way he did it this sale, it requires some work and paying attention to some things and I think it keeps out some of the people looking for a quick and easy buck (since they know people will pay inflated prices)

I agree. I like this way better, even if I hadn't got in. I didn't get in on the last two Clack 4grabs, but I didn't get picked in the EK drawing, either.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 22:51:37 »
I have 0 brobots and the last cc sale I got in was last years hack orange. Never won any of the ek drawings so let's not talk about the same people winning all the time. This was the 1st big sale for v2 brobots. Let's not all go doom and gloom now

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #181 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 22:52:18 »
I think he already said he was doing it different next time :/

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 22:53:24 »

Agreed, much prefer this normal sign up method over an ek drawing style.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 22:59:46 »

I agree. I like this way better, even if I hadn't got in. I didn't get in on the last two Clack 4grabs, but I didn't get picked in the EK drawing, either.

Certainly the rush is there. I swear these sales are like drugs, my heart was beating out of my chest when the timer hit 0.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #184 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 23:08:54 »
This style allows you to see when you submit by even if it is crazy to not get in with your submission received at 10:00:00. With EK drawings though you just feel helpless and it sucks all around when you see people reselling sometimes before the keys even arrive. I think a little bit of work is worth while.

No matter what keycap design or maker it just feels crappy about having limited numbers. Aside from production capabilities there is no reason to not take orders and sell until people can't buy any more. Especially if you limit it to three choices. Colors will still be "rare" and spread out between a ton of people. Plus what is the point of something being rare to a select community on an internet forum? Would anyone be upset if bro caps or Clack Factory took constant orders and when the 50th or 100th or 1000th Stainless steel bro bot or GID skull showed up at someones house?

I really hope there are not people out there wringing their hands together going "muahahaha I got one of a mystery number of keys that so many people want" With these caps you can't even say "I have one out of 10 made" because the numbers are not made available. Everything is smoke and mirrors, I really wish the numbers available were listed so you could see 20 of one color, 5 of another color, etc. That would make collecting more fun because you would truly know how rare something is (even though that doesn't matter that much) and possibly make better decisions on what to ask for.

It is honestly BS like these sales that makes me think other hobbies might be more worth my time, effort, and money through less frustration and heartache.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 23:11:24 »
This style allows you to see when you submit by even if it is crazy to not get in with your submission received at 10:00:00. With EK drawings though you just feel helpless and it sucks all around when you see people reselling sometimes before the keys even arrive. I think a little bit of work is worth while.

No matter what keycap design or maker it just feels crappy about having limited numbers. Aside from production capabilities there is no reason to not take orders and sell until people can't buy any more. Especially if you limit it to three choices. Colors will still be "rare" and spread out between a ton of people. Plus what is the point of something being rare to a select community on an internet forum? Would anyone be upset if bro caps or Clack Factory took constant orders and when the 50th or 100th or 1000th Stainless steel bro bot or GID skull showed up at someones house?

I really hope there are not people out there wringing their hands together going "muahahaha I got one of a mystery number of keys that so many people want" With these caps you can't even say "I have one out of 10 made" because the numbers are not made available. Everything is smoke and mirrors, I really wish the numbers available were listed so you could see 20 of one color, 5 of another color, etc. That would make collecting more fun because you would truly know how rare something is (even though that doesn't matter that much) and possibly make better decisions on what to ask for.

It is honestly BS like these sales that makes me think other hobbies might be more worth my time, effort, and money through less frustration and heartache.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51325.0

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 23:19:48 »
I scrolled up in the other thread and saw someone got in a 10:00:27 and 10:00:00 was not good enough......

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51325.0

mad, confused, frustrated, etc. This is why we come here for therapy right?

Edit: Oh you got in at 10:00:27, cool story bro  ;)

Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:00:27 -0600
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 January 2014, 23:26:11 by danielucf »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #187 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 23:29:19 »

ditto.

plus i am a terrible artist so i can't draw :(
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #188 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 23:32:46 »

Reading comprehension is not high here....
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #189 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 23:36:59 »

Offline Glissant

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 23:37:55 »

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #191 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 23:38:20 »

Reading comprehension is not high here....

You got me, frustration and being on meds recovering from being sick. I'm just making excuses I'm an *******. I guess replying with the above to a quote of a guy who said "Everyone who gets in post this..." made me think he got in with that time.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #192 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 23:43:13 »
Daniel its OK just make a thread in classified for one. I hear it works

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 23:53:59 »
Daniel its OK just make a thread in classified for one. I hear it works

I don't know, LEGO is a pretty cool hobby where I can get hundreds if not thousands of pieces of plastic pretty much when ever I want and never have to deal with things selling out in less than a second again. Damnit didn't I say I was going to bed?

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #194 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 00:09:01 »

/hug.

I understand man. It sucks bad. I'm pretty annoyed too, but i was only :02

:00 and getting nothing is brutal. :/

Sorry bud
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline tbc

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 00:13:42 »
i feel like i need to buy a keyboard to uncrush my soul -_-

ah well, more money for gasmasks :) at least i've actually managed to get one of those
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #196 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 00:30:39 »
I guess we all in this together here in Brobot Therapy. I was really looking forward to this sale, so disappointing not to get in but at the same time I don't think Bro thought the demand would be quite that high! Just hoping he has another one soon, I must get a brobot for my HHKB.

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 01:32:03 »
The demand was higher than I expected too, interesting how the distribution played out.

Maybe next time Bro could include an "anything" option.
;)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 01:38:14 »
Now that I think of it, it's kinda cool to have only 6 choices. That way you aren't getting your 18th choice , someone is getting their first choice. I'd love every single color but I guess Id rather have someone get their dream bot then my very last place bot. I still would like all. Not saying any of them are bad.  :thumb:

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 01:44:04 »
Now that I think of it, it's kinda cool to have only 6 choices. That way you aren't getting your 18th choice , someone is getting their first choice. I'd love every single color but I guess Id rather have someone get their dream bot then my very last place bot. I still would like all. Not saying any of them are bad.  :thumb:

I agree with this, I don't really want a yellow or purple Brobot because I don't really like either of those colours and they wouldn't match any of my boards so I would just end up trying to trade them for something I do want. So rather let those that really want them get them as their first or second choice. Of course it is sad not to get anything at all but perhaps we could have a 2 cap max in future sales so they are spread a little more.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 January 2014, 02:32:22 by atlas3686 »