Author Topic: Alps Appreciation Thread  (Read 2458518 times)

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
Re: Alps Appreciation Thread
« Reply #5150 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 22:58:41 »
Being not a huge fan of clickies myself, I'll probably end up desoldering the 3001 and installing oranges or creams. Tactile>Clicky all day long!

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #5151 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:02:33 »

Yea lol. I didn't see a point with SKCM White when I have the Packard. SMK will bring something new to the table.

Yeah, SKCM White is pretty irrelevant when you've got a nice board with blues. I did like them in the AZERTY Xerox 6085 I put them in before sending off to Wingpad though, haha.

Any updates with that? The Xerox layout doesn't look half bad, not that I can afford the going rate for SKCM greens.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline E3E

« Reply #5152 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:05:55 »

Yea lol. I didn't see a point with SKCM White when I have the Packard. SMK will bring something new to the table.

Yeah, SKCM White is pretty irrelevant when you've got a nice board with blues. I did like them in the AZERTY Xerox 6085 I put them in before sending off to Wingpad though, haha.

Any updates with that? The Xerox layout doesn't look half bad, not that I can afford the going rate for SKCM greens.

I'm pretty heavily biased; I think it's really grown on me. The C.Itoh sphericals go great with SKCM Greens and Browns. It'd be a fun 93 key layout to use!

So far, it's going slow, but Wingpad is digging in. I know the protocol has been mapped out already, so I -think- it's the conversion process that's the big hurdle. Crossing my fingers! I know I'm not the only Xerox 6085/DocuTech owner who actually wants to use them on a modern system.

HouseOfSuffering also helped by lending me the Mouse Trak trackball for the Xerox he managed to get to do some additional testing with along with the standard Xerox optical mouse! Hopefully we'll get support for those too.

Not counting any chickens before they hatch, but I'm hopeful. :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:07:26 by E3E »

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #5153 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:18:24 »

I'm pretty heavily biased; I think it's really grown on me. The C.Itoh sphericals go great with SKCM Greens and Browns. It'd be a fun 93 key layout to use!

So far, it's going slow, but Wingpad is digging in. I know the protocol has been mapped out already, so I -think- it's the conversion process that's the big hurdle. Crossing my fingers! I know I'm not the only Xerox 6085/DocuTech owner who actually wants to use them on a modern system.

HouseOfSuffering also helped by lending me the Mouse Trak trackball for the Xerox he managed to get to do some additional testing with along with the standard Xerox optical mouse! Hopefully we'll get support for those too.

Not counting any chickens before they hatch, but I'm hopeful. :)

Sounds great! Haven't heard much from Wingpad around here lately, must be pretty busy.  If I recall correctly, he mentioned being in grad school for computer science/engineering.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline E3E

« Reply #5154 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 23:27:08 »
Sounds great! Haven't heard much from Wingpad around here lately, must be pretty busy.  If I recall correctly, he mentioned being in grad school for computer science/engineering.

Yeah, Wingpad is a swell dude. If he can get a converter going, I'm definitely going to let him keep the AZERTY 6085 as a token of appreciation and so he can use one too. He wanted to do it all for free, which I felt was nuts. Haha. I hope he can pull through and that the conversion isn't too hard.

Since the 6085 ran on a very much modern GUI kind of system, it should have press/release scancodes I bet. I hope. Even then, I know a converter can be made without release codes, but I know it gets complicated at that point. I don't know too much about the nature of protocols and conversions, but I know some are pretty difficult to convert.

Offline catawalks

« Reply #5155 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:04:41 »

Are the whites really that far off from the blues? I have a couple boards with white clones and a set of original blues in a test plate, but to me I almost like the whites better. The blues are very smooth and quite loud in the clicky department, but after modding the click leaf on one of the sets of white clones I really enjoy the heavy tactile bump with a nice click. I was OK modding the whites as they were cheap and are clone switches, but I don't think I'd want to change blues and possibly lose their value.

Are the blues supposed to be really light and not have much of a tactile bump? I assume that most of that force is put in to bending the leaf down to snap back and not much of it is used to resist the press of the key like tactile switches. Maybe I'll have to get some orange or cream switches and see how they feel compared to the blacks I have......this gets expensive really quickly when you just want to see what the different switches feel like.

Offline E3E

« Reply #5156 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:15:37 »
Are the whites really that far off from the blues? I have a couple boards with white clones and a set of original blues in a test plate, but to me I almost like the whites better. The blues are very smooth and quite loud in the clicky department, but after modding the click leaf on one of the sets of white clones I really enjoy the heavy tactile bump with a nice click. I was OK modding the whites as they were cheap and are clone switches, but I don't think I'd want to change blues and possibly lose their value.

Are the blues supposed to be really light and not have much of a tactile bump? I assume that most of that force is put in to bending the leaf down to snap back and not much of it is used to resist the press of the key like tactile switches. Maybe I'll have to get some orange or cream switches and see how they feel compared to the blacks I have......this gets expensive really quickly when you just want to see what the different switches feel like.

I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that everything you see here is subjective. If you actually enjoy SKCM Whites more than SKCM Blues, then honestly, that just means that you're lucky because SKCM Whites are so much easier to find, and people aren't competing to try and get some. It sounds like you might actually like SKCM Ambers. I find the click on Ambers to be a little hollow and not as nice as SKCM Blues, but they do have very sharp tactility.

I'd love to buy a set of them again (IIc), but I've not wanted to pay the prices they're going for on eBay lately. Yeah, that's why I try to keep a store of every kind of switch aside from those I really don't care for enough to keep around (really just SKCM Black), so I can always compare. Really, I should've kept black around more to make more comparisons, but I needed the money and they were the most uninteresting switches out of the bunch for me.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5157 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:45:34 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:12:49 by alienman82 »

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #5158 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:47:39 »
skcm whites are easier to find and hence better than blues.  Used whites are even better than NOS blues.

but who are we kidding, topre beats them all.
oh

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #5159 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 21:22:16 »
Used whites are even better than NOS blues.
Alienman is drinking again.
Early NOS blues are amazing :p

NVM he is just trolling.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5160 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 21:24:31 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:12:42 by alienman82 »

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #5161 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 00:53:03 »
Early NOS blues are amazing :p

NVM he is just trolling.

What does 'early' have to do anything w/ SKCM Blue? Makes no difference in Blue's.
Wang 725-3770 SKCM Brown, 1995
Zenith 163-73 - SKCM Blue, 1990
KBP V60 MTS - SKCM Amber w/ Canon HiPros
IBM P77, SKCC Green, 1984
IBM P70 - Alps Plate Spring, 1989
Compaq MX 11800, MX Black, 1997

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #5162 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 08:50:49 »
Early NOS blues are amazing

NVM he is just trolling.

What does 'early' have to do anything w/ SKCM Blue? Makes no difference in Blue's.
Yeah no significant differences from later blues other than the switchplate color.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #5163 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 10:27:24 »

I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that everything you see here is subjective. If you actually enjoy SKCM Whites more than SKCM Blues, then honestly, that just means that you're lucky because SKCM Whites are so much easier to find, and people aren't competing to try and get some. It sounds like you might actually like SKCM Ambers. I find the click on Ambers to be a little hollow and not as nice as SKCM Blues, but they do have very sharp tactility.

I'd love to buy a set of them again (IIc), but I've not wanted to pay the prices they're going for on eBay lately. Yeah, that's why I try to keep a store of every kind of switch aside from those I really don't care for enough to keep around (really just SKCM Black), so I can always compare. Really, I should've kept black around more to make more comparisons, but I needed the money and they were the most uninteresting switches out of the bunch for me.
I agree. Moreover, as has been stated by various folks in this thread and elsewhere, the overall impression you get from typing is dependent not only on the type of switch, but on the condition of the switch and the chassis in which it is installed. The generation of white Alps matters as well, particularly with respect to the top housing -- the earlier "pine" housings (with slits) is usually regarded as sounding and feeling better than the later "bamboo" (without slits) top housings.

I am typing this on a Zenith 163-73 with yellow Alps that I have modded with top housings and click leaves from pine white Alps switches. This is now my favorite Alps keyboard to type on with respect to sound and feel. The layout also lends itself to remapping HHKB-style, with a split right shift and an oversized right bracket for a backspace. I am in the process of installing an internal Soarer's converter and a panel-mount micro-USB connector. I'll post some pics when the board is finished.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #5164 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 17:27:57 »
Anybody interested in the SKBM (Fukka) Whites?
I was considering getting a KBP V60 with Fukka (Fuhua) whites and modifying them, but does anyone know if the top housings are interchangeable with SKCM white Alps switches?

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #5165 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 18:07:29 »

Thanks for all the info on alps maintenance/cleaning! That sounds easier than I thought, I will definitely try! And if exchanging the tops works, I'll be able to live the blue alps life till the end.

Also, what custom TKLs do you have by the way?

Funnily I don't have any. I just played around with the keyboards of other people while personally prioritizing trying out other stuff in the pursuit of layout and mx switch enlightenment.

Well, both never fully arrived -> Time for Alps and back to what's most pleasing to my eyes.

Actually deciding which one to buy right right now  :p

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #5166 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 20:08:08 »
Anybody interested in the SKBM (Fukka) Whites?
I was considering getting a KBP V60 with Fukka (Fuhua) whites and modifying them, but does anyone know if the top housings are interchangeable with SKCM white Alps switches?

I don't think so.

I desoldered mine without a single issue :)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #5167 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 21:52:50 »
The V60/V80's are notoriously finicky for desoldering right? Any tips for preventing lifted pads on these? iron temp under 600F? I'm about to do my v80 on Wednesday when the new solder sucker comes in.
-Dana

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5168 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 22:16:21 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:12:20 by alienman82 »

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #5169 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 22:26:12 »
The V60/V80's are notoriously finicky for desoldering right? Any tips for preventing lifted pads on these? iron temp under 600F? I'm about to do my v80 on Wednesday when the new solder sucker comes in.

Yes, I broke my first one.

I use a cheapish 40W Weller iron. The main thing at least for me is to make sure ALL of the solder is removed from the through hole. Its dual layered so solder like to stick down there. Make sure the through hole is COMPLETELY empty of solder all the way to the bottom. I did this by letting the solder stay melted for an extra second before attempting to suck it and also getting a good aim on the solder sucker. If not all of it comes out add solder and try again. Even with this I had a couple of switches take a tiny bit of the though hole with it but it didn't affect anything.

You may also need to add solder on each pin since they use a tiny amount of solder by default, so you have to hold the iron closer to the pad to melt it. I managed to find a good angle to hold it at to melt the solder without having to add any but it does increase the risk of damaging the pad.

Since I'm (the first?) to do it without any damaged pads or through holes I guess I could offer a service to people to desolder their KBP boards, if people are that scared to ruin their boards. I sure did! A steady and precise hand is key and a lot of patience is key.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #5170 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 03:17:31 »
Very good info, thanks for tossing all that out there. I do appreciate it and will heed your warnings about the solder temps and removal. I have a good iron so i'm not worried there... and i've desoldered a ton of mx switches but only a few alps. I'm getting a new sucker on Wednesday that should be a step up  from what i've been using. Maybe i'll give a test run on something else first just to get the hang of it. I think i have some lead free out in the garage that should work. Good tip there.
-Dana

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #5171 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 12:02:01 »
I think I will go with a Hasu Alps64 rather than trying to desolder a V60. Now to find a source board for blue Alps that I won't feel too guilty about desoldering  . . . .

Offline E3E

« Reply #5172 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 12:13:40 »
I think I will go with a Hasu Alps64 rather than trying to desolder a V60. Now to find a source board for blue Alps that I won't feel too guilty about desoldering  . . . .

I'd like one too. :P I have boards I could kill for Alps, but customs < quality vintages in my eyes. Unless the boards are really common, relatively speaking, or have no intrigue. Like the Striped Amber and SKCL Brown Tandem terminal keyboards I have aren't spared in the same way I spare the Xeroxes from desoldering, mainly because I... Well, it's subjective, I guess, but I think the Xerox boards are too elegant to desolder like that.

The Tandems were just terminal keyboards and their layout expresses that. IMO, they are better suited to be reborn in something modern and custom. I also enjoy SKCLs a bit more in a modern chassis than I do their original chassis, whereas I can take tactiles and clickies in their original housings just fine.

I mean, linears aren't bad in their original cases, but eh.

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #5173 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 13:08:52 »

I'd like one too. :P I have boards I could kill for Alps, but customs < quality vintages in my eyes. Unless the boards are really common, relatively speaking, or have no intrigue. Like the Striped Amber and SKCL Brown Tandem terminal keyboards I have aren't spared in the same way I spare the Xeroxes from desoldering, mainly because I... Well, it's subjective, I guess, but I think the Xerox boards are too elegant to desolder like that.

The Tandems were just terminal keyboards and their layout expresses that. IMO, they are better suited to be reborn in something modern and custom. I also enjoy SKCLs a bit more in a modern chassis than I do their original chassis, whereas I can take tactiles and clickies in their original housings just fine.

Zenith is the expection though. SKCL Striped Amber is great in them too.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #5174 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 18:42:49 »

I am enjoying my Zenith 163-73, but I am not a fan of linears, so I hybridized the yellow Alps by replacing the top housings with those from white pine Alps, and I added click leaves from white Alps. The result feels very much like blue Alps to me. I like the board so much, I am looking for another one to use at work.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #5175 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 19:04:20 »

I am enjoying my Zenith 163-73, but I am not a fan of linears, so I hybridized the yellow Alps by replacing the top housings with those from white pine Alps, and I added click leaves from white Alps. The result feels very much like blue Alps to me. I like the board so much, I am looking for another one to use at work.
If you're interested Im selling my alps64 with the click modded greens...

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #5176 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 21:32:00 »

Not a fan of white alps but I click-modded my green alps Z-150 too, makes for a great typing experience!

Also, I am now the proud owner of an SKCL Grey thanks to my new Zenith ZKB-2R! Surprised to find one under the spacebar as it wasn't in the DT Wiki. Too bad its missing an "A" key, here's to hoping someone has a spare? Otherwise I will just harvest the switches and give the chassis away to someone doesn't mind mismatched keycaps.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 January 2017, 21:47:49 by MandrewDavis »

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #5177 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 22:14:34 »

Not a fan of white alps but I click-modded my green alps Z-150 too, makes for a great typing experience!

Also, I am now the proud owner of an SKCL Grey thanks to my new Zenith ZKB-2R! Surprised to find one under the spacebar as it wasn't in the DT Wiki. Too bad its missing an "A" key, here's to hoping someone has a spare? Otherwise I will just harvest the switches and give the chassis away to someone doesn't mind mismatched keycaps.

What? Don't do that! ZKB-2's are something to save! Good layout and build quality.

Chryos cries enough about Z-150's being harvested. He would go crazy over a ZKB-2 getting scrapped! :p

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #5178 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 23:45:05 »
More

What? Don't do that! ZKB-2's are something to save! Good layout and build quality.

Chryos cries enough about Z-150's being harvested. He would go crazy over a ZKB-2 getting scrapped! :p

The SKCL Yellows are coming out for a backlit project but I just don't know what to do with the chassis. Its missing 2 keycaps (examples) and the only ones I have seen to be the same profile are on my obscure Copam K-430. As it is now, I can't even get that board to work. Silly 1.5u bracket key.

Due to a shoulder injury from HS wrestling, fullsized layouts are quite uncomfortable so the hope is that someone else can put it to better use, caps and all.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline E3E

« Reply #5179 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 23:48:54 »

Well, at least he offered to give the chassis away if it comes down to harvesting the key caps. I know the ZKB-2 has a very strange profile that is not Alps OEM. The Zenith 163-73 has Alps OEM dyesubs, of course, which seem fantastic. I've heard complaints against the ZKB-2's profile.

Actually, by the looks of those caps on your K-430, Mandrew (lovely board btw, I remember it being NIB on eBay), I think I should have a key that would work on it. I find that profile on Monterey and some NTC keyboards. I should have an A key.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 January 2017, 23:57:27 by E3E »

Offline cumwagondeluxe

« Reply #5180 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 00:47:01 »
****. I think I'm hooked - I bought a very lightly used M0116 with oranges after having purchased 50 oranges + 50 greens off some guy for $50. The switches I got from him were in pretty good condition, a couple bad ones where e.g. the top housing on one of the greens was cracked and maybe 5 or 6 had the little wings on the tabs that hold the top housing in broken off.

Even in that condition, I realized I probably wouldn't really be buying MX style switches much if at all in the future - but the difference between these like new oranges (actually typing on them in a solid well built keyboard probably adds a good amount to how good they feel) and the ones I bought previously is crazy. Already got an ultrasonic cleaner on the way to salvage as many of the ones I bought as I can, and I've spent more time on eBay in the past 2 days than I have in my life.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #5181 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 09:07:13 »
<snip>
The SKCL Yellows are coming out for a backlit project but I just don't know what to do with the chassis. Its missing 2 keycaps (examples) and the only ones I have seen to be the same profile are on my obscure Copam K-430. As it is now, I can't even get that board to work. Silly 1.5u bracket key.

Due to a shoulder injury from HS wrestling, fullsized layouts are quite uncomfortable so the hope is that someone else can put it to better use, caps and all.
The silly right bracket key on my Zenith boards is one of the features that make these boards work for me -- I remap them to a HHKB-esque layout and use the oversized right bracket as my backspace key.

My shoulder injury from HS gymnastics is what prompted me to move from full-size keyboards to TKL and then to 60%. However, it was fohat's suggestion to buy a bargain-priced Northgate Omnikey 101 that got me hooked on Alps and using full-size keyboards again. Nevertheless, I still prefer the 60% form factor, so my to-do list includes building a 60% Alps based on the Hasu Alps64 PCB.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #5182 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 11:39:57 »
****. I think I'm hooked - I bought a very lightly used M0116 with oranges after having purchased 50 oranges + 50 greens off some guy for $50. The switches I got from him were in pretty good condition, a couple bad ones where e.g. the top housing on one of the greens was cracked and maybe 5 or 6 had the little wings on the tabs that hold the top housing in broken off.

Even in that condition, I realized I probably wouldn't really be buying MX style switches much if at all in the future - but the difference between these like new oranges (actually typing on them in a solid well built keyboard probably adds a good amount to how good they feel) and the ones I bought previously is crazy. Already got an ultrasonic cleaner on the way to salvage as many of the ones I bought as I can, and I've spent more time on eBay in the past 2 days than I have in my life.
Once you try the proper Alps experience, with switches in fantastic condition, you'll never go back :D .

AAAAAGGGKK!

Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #5183 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 11:44:30 »

Welcome to the rabbit hole, it's cozy in here ;)
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline menuhin

« Reply #5184 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 12:24:19 »
More

My Z-150 is missing 5 caps (the TaoBao seller told me only after I 'bought' it that it is not the exact board on the photo of the listing), including the rare R_Shift. Really don't know what to do with it.
Have been thinking of converting this board to be "Hotswappable". But first of all, I have to get a full set of caps again.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 February 2017, 12:29:09 by menuhin »
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5185 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 12:25:11 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:11:58 by alienman82 »

Offline menuhin

« Reply #5186 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 12:34:59 »
I had a cap set from that board that I gave away, shame about the timing.

Oopss... that seems to be fate.
See what I'll get at the end for this board.

Of course, I hope there'll be the PBT caps from some XT-version Z-150 that has already been harvested from.
But in general, I'm not supporting to harvest Z-150 if it is of good condition, it's a cool looking sturdy board with layout that fits modern computing use.
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline E3E

« Reply #5187 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 12:48:18 »

Of course, I hope there'll be the PBT caps from some XT-version Z-150 that has already been harvested from.
But in general, I'm not supporting to harvest Z-150 if it is of good condition, it's a cool looking sturdy board with layout that fits modern computing use.

It doesn't look to be in very good condition. I have an entire ABS doubleshot capset from my XT Z-150, however (no, not all of them had PBT, only early version).

Offline menuhin

« Reply #5188 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 12:57:53 »

It doesn't look to be in very good condition. I have an entire ABS doubleshot capset from my XT Z-150, however (no, not all of them had PBT, only early version).

Right, it doesn't look so good...

But I was thinking about asking the artisan people to create a few of those replacement caps for me, colorful and fancy but unnecessary indeed.
Now at least, there is another possibility!  :p
Noted down and when I really need them I'll PM you.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #5189 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 13:31:33 »
hmmmmm... I just got a zenith z150 pbt set in the mail. Ill think about getting rid of it but I have plans for it right now.

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #5190 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 22:30:38 »
How rare is a Lexmark-branded Model M, considering Mattr traded one for the SKCL Striped Amber keyboard?

My Classifieds Thread

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #5191 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 22:31:29 »
How rare is a Lexmark-branded Model M, considering Mattr traded one for the SKCL Striped Amber keyboard?
not that rare, he just needed one to finish off his lexmark collection

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #5192 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 22:45:21 »
not that rare, he just needed one to finish off his lexmark collection

k thnx

My Classifieds Thread

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5193 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 22:57:54 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:11:44 by alienman82 »

Offline E3E

« Reply #5194 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 23:50:32 »

Yeah, honestly we both kind of lucked out with those.

Offline MandrewDavis

« Reply #5195 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 23:55:29 »
I'll sell you mine.
Maybe if I hadn't already tried Capacitive Buckling Springs. Asking since I saw one on Great Finds for under $50 shipped.

That is an understatement  :D

My Classifieds Thread

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #5196 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 00:10:18 »

It was the right time at the right place for ohaimark, wanted to finish his collection. They are definitely quite uncommon, a bit rare i'd say.

We did indeed. Don't regret it one bit :p The Zenith is an absolute perfect fit for them. Using it right now actually. Now just waiting for my weird SMK Monterey K104. Have a loose switch of one of these but never tried a full board of Monterey's.

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #5197 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 00:13:12 »
Also remember that other Packard Bell I mentioned a little while back? Well the dudes parents gave it to goodwill before I could get to it :'(

Checked my local stores for it where the guy said it might be, but nothing. RIP, we will never know if the pad printed version had SKCM Blue or White.

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #5198 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 21:40:27 »
I hope this is the right place to post this. My AEK2 is all cleaned up and ready to be USB converted with a Teensy.

Only thing, a little lost on how the default Teensy config would work on Windows/Linux... will the alt/option key work as the windows key, control as control and apple as alt?

Offline ShawnMeg

« Reply #5199 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 22:37:20 »
I hope this is the right place to post this. My AEK2 is all cleaned up and ready to be USB converted with a Teensy.

Only thing, a little lost on how the default Teensy config would work on Windows/Linux... will the alt/option key work as the windows key, control as control and apple as alt?

With TMK firmware, control is control, alt/option is alt, and the apple key is Windows/Superkey(Linux).  I tested mine on Windows 7/10 and Linux Lite 3.0.

IBM Model F122 X 2 internal Soarer's || IBM Model M122 internal Soarer's || AEK II SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||  AEK M0115 SKCM Orange ALPS click mod external adb_usb converter || AEK M0115 SKCM Salmon ALPS external adb_usb converter ||