Author Topic: [FS] Custom 3D novelty keycaps from K3YD (Updated 18 August, 2014!)  (Read 44160 times)

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor

18 August 2014 Update

Did you know K3YD sells replacement spacebars--even ones that are a non-standard size?

• 6.25x ("standard" size; fits Filco, Ducky, Poker, Das Keyboard, QFR, and more)
  • 6.5x (with stems spaced 52.5mm from center; fits Quickfire TK, Quickfire XT, Corsair Vengeance K65/70/75/90/95, Logitech G710+, and more)
  • 5.5x (with stems spaced 42.8625mm from center; fits Noppoo Choc Mini 84)

You can click the thumbnails on the product page to see a detailed preview of what each key looks like in a variety of materials.

Wondering how they look once they're printed?  They look great!  Example 1, Example 2

Those are some of the most common spacebar types, but if you request a different size I'll see what I can do!

Do you want a custom design engraved or embossed in the front or top of the spacebar?  Just let me know and I'll make it for you!  You can choose from a variety of colors and materials.  Also check out my other designs like novelty function row keys and novelty bottom-row modifiers.

23 June 2014 Update

More
New plastic colors are now available!

14 April 2014 Update

More
Lots of new keycaps have been added to the shop!

20 March 2014 Update

More

Hey GH!  I'm proud to introduce to you my brand new keycap shop, K3YD.

What is K3YD?

K3YD is a 3D embossed keycap shop I have created on the website Shapeways.  If you've never heard of them, Shapeways is a state-of-the-art company that allows artists to upload 3D models.  Shapeways then 3D prints those models in a variety of materials/colors and delivers them right to your door.

I see the recent surge in the prevalence of 3D printing as the perfect opportunity to create mechanical keyboard accessories--especially keycaps.  So I am offering my 3D modeling services to the community.  I have modeled several different-sized Cherry MX keycaps, to which I can quickly add your own custom embossed designs.

Click here to visit K3YD

The shop currently has a fairly limited selection.  That's where you come in!  K3YD is the custom 3D keycap shop, after all.  For absolutely no additional cost, you can submit as many custom designs as you would like.  I will then create the keycap model and add it to the shop, where you can purchase it.  You can submit as many requests as you'd like.  Just contact me via any of the methods listed at the top of the shop and the process will begin.

Keycap Specifications:
  • Cherry MX switch compatibility (Topre/Buckling Spring/Alps may be available in the future)
  • OEM profile (Cherry profile may be available in the future)
  • R1, R2, R3, and R4 profiles
  • Row number embossed under each keycap

Supported Features:
The amazing thing about 3D printing is that the possibilities are limitless.  K3YD's keycaps support the following features:
  • Top-printed designs
  • Front-printed designs
  • Blank keycaps
  • Irregular keycap sizes (usually for spacebar row)
  • ANSI and ISO layouts

Material Options:
Shapeways offers a wide variety of 3D printing materials.  K3YD's keycaps can be printed in the following materials:

*Plastic has a coarse, textured feel (similar to PBT)

To see some example products for these materials, click here.

Pictures:
Note:  I thought the designs didn't quite "pop" enough, so ALL designs in the shop are now embossed 2x higher than in the pictures below.

Left to right:  White, Black, White Polished, Red, Pink, Blue, Violet (spacebar)

The keycaps are quite thick and have a very solid, sturdy construction.

The row number is embossed on the underside of each keycap.

Frequently Asked Questions:

What are the keycaps like?
  • They're pretty awesome!  The plastic ones I received have a slightly textured, coarse feel to them--very similar to PBT.  All of the metal products I have seen printed on Shapeways look great, so I'm sure these keycaps would look great in metal as well.  Overall, I'm very impressed with the 3D printing quality.
How well do they fit on the switches?
  • Pretty well!  A few of the samples I bought were were a bit too tight, so I have modified the keycaps to have a slightly bigger stem hole.  I don't think you should have any problems with tightness.  If a keycap happens to be too loose, a simple fix is the Scotch tape trick.
What colors will be available?
  • See the Material Options section above.  Plastic and metal options come with a variety of color and finish options.
Can keycaps be more than one color?
  • I'm afraid not.  The only materials that supports multiple colors is sandstone, which is very brittle and thus unsuitable for keycaps.  For full color details, click here.  If you want a color other than the ones listed, you could try using Plasti Dip or some other type of spray/dye.
What types of designs can be requested?
  • I'm willing to try any design you can think of!  However, keycaps are quite small so simple designs are more likely to look good than very detailed designs.  Also, since keycaps can only be one color, try to avoid picking designs that rely heavily on color.  Check out the shop for some good examples.
Will you make Topre/Buckling Spring/Alps keycaps?
  • Yes, if enough people want me to.  Say so in the comments or else I'll have no idea if there's any interest.
Will you make keycaps in profiles besides OEM?
  • Yes, if enough people want me to.  Say so in the comments or else I'll have no idea if there's any interest.

I can't wait to start taking requests and making custom keycap models for the mechanical keyboard community.  Please post if you have any comments, questions, or concerns.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 September 2014, 11:26:20 by RaVNzCRoFT »
<<< Click to view

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: [IC] Thick embossed novelty keycaps! Request a design! [3D printed]
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 18:39:21 »
Have any example pics of keycaps?  I haven't really ever seen anyone 3D print a keycap which looks nice so I'm genuinely curious.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 18:47:09 »
Oh wow... This would be awesome..

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 18:51:32 »
Don't forget us Topre users!

Edit: filled out your form
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 November 2013, 18:53:58 by keymaster »

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 18:58:34 »
Have any example pics of keycaps?  I haven't really ever seen anyone 3D print a keycap which looks nice so I'm genuinely curious.
Not yet.  I originally did this as a one-time request for someone who was going to 3D print it himself.  I should know in a few days how his turned out.  And if it looks at all decent, I'm sure the ones from Shapeways will look even better.  If there is enough interest to kickstart this project, I will order an initial round of prototype keycaps to verify the quality.  Until then, I will be working with 3D CAD models.

I won't!  I'll definitely put Topre keycaps into production if there is enough interest.  Thanks for filling out the form.
<<< Click to view

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:13:19 »
Curious to see some samples/examples.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:17:23 »
There are plenty of examples of people who have printed caps in the past. Of the top of my head:

Me:

lkong:

suka:

kekstee

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:18:00 »
Was thinking along these lines for some time.

Interested.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:21:24 »
I belive kestee's was FDM printed. Suka's was made with the same brand of machines that Shapeways own, and lkong actually printed his at Shapeways. A search of GH and DT should yield a few more as I believe I have forgotten a few other examples.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:25:15 »
Yeah, Ikong's looks great.  I wish those pictures showed the underside, as the stem hole is pretty crucial.  But from looking at the examples on Shapeways, some of those designs are incredibly intricate and the results look really nice.
<<< Click to view

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:28:43 »
I recommend you test out the dimensions for the stem mount as they are sensitive to changes in tolerances. They are specific to material and machine which prints it so I would make a test in the material you are going to use, something like this:

That way you don't end up with a bunch of caps that are too loose, tight or just don't fit at all.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:36:03 »
Yep, it's definitely one concern.  The tolerance specifications listed on Shapeways lead me to believe the stem holes should be fine.  Regardless, if this project gets off the ground, I'll buy a round of prototypes to make sure everything works well.
<<< Click to view

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:48:23 »
interested in the zelda ones =D
would you be able to print it as yellow on green??
Probably willing to spend between the range of $3 to $10CAD or USD per cap..
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline LaugeGregers

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 03:32:27 »
I would not be very interested in buying the novelty caps, though I would be interested in buying the 3D models for the standard key from each row.
I of course don't know if you would be interested in selling your models at all.
The reason why I am interested in buying the models is because my friend has a 3D printer I can use, but I don't know anything about 3D modelling, and would like to try and print keycaps for testing.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 02:54:25 »
Could you do topre

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline piraterice

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 07:16:59 »
I AM INTERESTED IN THESE CAPS!WHY NOT MAKING THE WITH  titanium OR aluminium?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 07:25:21 »

Probably something to do with 3d printing and being affordable but I'm really just guessing.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 13:17:02 »
Update, 18 November 2013

I'm getting some great feedback on people's interest in these keycaps, most notable of which might be interest in buying these keycaps for rows 1-4 rather than just row 4.  That's not a problem.  Over the past week, I used a pair of calipers to get dimensions for 1x1 keys for rows 1-4, and I created models of them.  I spent a lot of time on it and did the best I could to measure them, so they should be as close to OEM profile as possible.  They're looking great, and I made a few improvements to the keycaps you can see pictured in the OP.  I'll try to get around to posting pictures when I have time.  Modeling any of the longer keycaps should be as simple as stretching the 1x1's to the appropriate length and adding any extra stem holes on the bottom.

I hope I didn't give the impression that these keycaps will ONLY be embossed, because that does not have to be the case.  I figured that embossing designs is a capability pretty unique to 3D printing, so that would probably be the kind of keycap people would want to buy.  I am, however, perfectly willing to make engraved designs as well.  I will also prototype test some front-printed designs and see how they turn out; I have no reason to suspect they wouldn't be fine.  Whatever designs are capable of being printed (engraved/embossed/top-printed/front-printed), it will be perfectly clear in the shop thread.  I think I will try to become a vendor to make it happen.

I have quite a bit of work this week and my time will be limited, but I am exploring the possibility of printing some prototype keycaps on the 3D printers at my university.  I don't expect the quality to compare with what Shapeways is capable of printing, but it couldn't hurt to see what they look like.  The only thing that could prevent this keycap shop from happening is the prototypes not being very good.  To be fair, that's a very big issue.  But as long as the prototypes are good, I am willing to do the work necessary to make this shop happen.  I think the models I have made are very good, so hopefully the 3D printing capabilities will be sufficient to produce good keycaps.

That's it for now.  I am actively working on this project when I can and will post updates when there is anything worth posting.

I would not be very interested in buying the novelty caps, though I would be interested in buying the 3D models for the standard key from each row.
I of course don't know if you would be interested in selling your models at all.
The reason why I am interested in buying the models is because my friend has a 3D printer I can use, but I don't know anything about 3D modelling, and would like to try and print keycaps for testing.
That's fine.  As I am in the planning stages, I am not looking to disseminate the original 3D models yet.  That may happen in the future, maybe even the not-so-distant future, but right now I am focused on making sure I can even get good 3D-printed keycap results using the models.  Keep an eye out.

Could you do topre
I can definitely do topre, although I will prioritize Cherry MX first because it is more common.  I also have never used a topre keyboard nor do I own one, so I'll have to do some research before modeling the keycaps so I get them right.

Unfortunately, Shapeways does not offer titanium or aluminum 3D printing services.  If you're looking for a light color like titanium or aluminum, you may be interested in the stainless steel, nickel steel, or grey steel options that they do offer.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 November 2013, 13:20:41 by RaVNzCRoFT »
<<< Click to view

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 17:59:38 »
Update, 07 February 2014

Well, it took me some time, but I finally got around to ordering a sample kit from Shapeways and it finally arrived yesterday.

Click here to check out the album (lots of captions, so give it a click if you're using HoverZoom).  Overall, I'm very happy with the results.  The pictures in that album were taken with very high detail/resolution, so the keycaps look much grainer/grittier than they really are.  This picture may give you a better sense of what they look like on a more holistic level.  They feel strikingly similar to PBT and seem like they are plenty durable to withstand some good use.  Some of the stem holes are perfect while others are too tight, so now that I have some experience with Shapeways' tolerances and production capabilities, I'm going to make the stem holes slightly bigger.

I'm going to go ahead and open up the shop pretty soon.  It's on Shapeways and it's almost ready to go, I just need to make some minor adjustments to the models and take care of a few other things.  I also think I'm going to use a classifieds thread here on GH to gather feedback, as I think it would be good to have a venue for answering questions, taking requests, etc.

Link to the classifieds thread

Comments, questions, concerns?
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 February 2014, 19:19:39 by RaVNzCRoFT »
<<< Click to view

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
Custom 3D Printed Novelty Keycaps! Request a design!
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 18:45:19 »
I won't get into all of the details, but if you're interested, you can read everything over at my interest check thread.  Basically, for several months now I've been considering the possibility of using my 3D modeling skills to make custom novelty keycaps for the mechanical keyboard community.  I planned to use the website Shapeways, which offers 3D printing services.  I can upload the 3D files to my shop on Shapeways, where people can choose which design they want to get printed as well as which material they want it to be.  After making some initial concept models and posting an interest thread, I had to put the project on hold for a little while.  But a few weeks ago I ordered a sample round from Shapeways and it arrived last night.

Click here to check out the album.  (Lots of captions, so give it a click if you're using HoverZoom)

Overall, I'm very happy with the results.  The pictures in that album were taken with very high detail/resolution, so the keycaps look much grainer/grittier than they really are.  This picture may give you a better sense of what they look like on a more holistic level.  They feel strikingly similar to PBT and seem like they are plenty durable to withstand some good use.  Some of the stem holes are perfect while others are too tight, so now that I have some experience with Shapeways' tolerances and production capabilities, I'm going to make the stem holes slightly bigger.

I'm going to go ahead and open up the shop pretty soon.  It's on Shapeways and it's almost ready to go, I just need to make some minor adjustments to the models and take care of a few other things.  I also think I'm going to use a classifieds thread here on GH to gather feedback, as I think it would be good to have a venue for answering questions, taking requests, etc.

Comments, questions, concerns?
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 February 2014, 19:17:44 by RaVNzCRoFT »
<<< Click to view

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: Custom 3D Printed Novelty Keycaps! Request a design!
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 19:02:19 »
not to stop you from doing this, but to be clear, this isn't making stuff together. it's you making stuff and then putting it up for sale. a cynical viewer might think you were trying to circumvent the 50 posts rule, but i'm happy to give a maker the benefit of the doubt ;)

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 19:07:31 »
Haha, sorry about that!  Definitely wasn't trying to circumvent the 50 post rule; I appreciate that you moved the thread here despite my small post count.  And you gave me a commercial vendor tag?  That's awesome, thanks so much!
<<< Click to view

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 21:16:06 »
you have been offering low power laser cutting services, correct? laser cutting is something we love to do here ;)

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 21:36:14 »
Actually, it's 3D printing and I'm not personally doing it, I'm just offering to make the models and sell them in my Shapeways shop.  But I was hoping you'd be able to get a vendor forum (which I see you've stopped creating, so that's not an option) or at least a vendor tag since I'm planning on being dedicated to this for a while.
<<< Click to view

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 22:05:18 »
Can you set aside one of those breaking bad sets for me?
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 17:33:59 »
No need!  These keycaps are 3D printed, so there can't be any shortage of supply.
<<< Click to view

Offline mooswa

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 18:49:10 »
I can see myself buying custom G H B keys that would fit a trackpoint, like this:  http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53669.0

Offline aref

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 18:54:31 »
Any chance of 3D-printing Topre key caps? You're likely to get responses from geekhack's Topre fans, me included.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 20:41:04 »
right, acidfire is the one with the laser. please keep your activity confined to this thread. thanks

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 01:18:36 »
You should 3d model some keyboard cases

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 02:26:54 »
You should 3d model some keyboard cases

This would turn out to be very expensive though

Offline varslot

• Portfolio
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 10:16:02 »
I'm kinda interested in that blue triforce cap. PM me!

Ducky Shine 3 (MX blue)

HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
Re: Introducing K3YD, the custom 3D keycap shop [Request your own keycap design!]
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 17:04:28 »
Update:  K3YD is now open!

See the OP for information.
<<< Click to view

Offline fknraiden

this is really cool, probably will be back. GL

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Any chance you can do a cap that is 1.25x1.25unit?  I am going to be making a custom board for my wife but she wants the WASD a touch bigger than 1 unit.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Nubbles

Is it feasible to have impressed designs instead of embossed?  It seems like it should be, I'm just curious of what you think.
Also a cherry compatible gasmask keycap would definitely be really neat.  Maybe even with the eyes cut out for backlighting.  Too bad they don't have that beautiful turquoise as a plastic option!

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
Is it feasible to have impressed designs instead of embossed?  It seems like it should be, I'm just curious of what you think.
Also a cherry compatible gasmask keycap would definitely be really neat.  Maybe even with the eyes cut out for backlighting.  Too bad they don't have that beautiful turquoise as a plastic option!

If you want a gas mask cap just buy one.  There is no need to plagiarize someone else's work.  Especially when the other person is an active member here.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
Any chance you can do a cap that is 1.25x1.25unit?  I am going to be making a custom board for my wife but she wants the WASD a touch bigger than 1 unit.
Yeah, I can do a 1.25x1.25 if you want me to.  Although it will take some time because making a keycap from scratch takes quite a bit longer than simply slapping a design on a pre-existing one.  If you want me to do it, submit your request with the link in the OP.  :thumb:

Yep, I can definitely do engraved designs.  I can also make keycaps with some kind of gas mask on them, but for obvious reasons I can't blatantly copy the popular GasMaskKeycap.  And yes, the eyes can be cut out for backlighting.
<<< Click to view

Offline Nubbles

If you want a gas mask cap just buy one.  There is no need to plagiarize someone else's work.  Especially when the other person is an active member here.

My apologies.  I felt like it might be in bad taste to suggest that, though I didn't know they were made cherry compatible.  I apologize once again.
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 February 2014, 20:09:10 by Nubbles »

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
Yeah, I can do a 1.25x1.25 if you want me to.  Although it will take some time because making a keycap from scratch takes quite a bit longer than simply slapping a design on a pre-existing one.  If you want me to do it, submit your request with the link in the OP.  :thumb:

Yep, I can definitely do engraved designs.  I can also make keycaps with some kind of gas mask on them, but for obvious reasons I can't blatantly copy the popular GasMaskKeycap.  And yes, the eyes can be cut out for backlighting.

Will do thanks.   Do you have any 3D models for the SA profile caps?

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
Will do thanks.   Do you have any 3D models for the SA profile caps?

Afraid not.  That's not something I'd be opposed to making, but only if there was enough demand for it.
<<< Click to view

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
Bump!  Not a lot of requests so far.  If you are interested in 3D printed keycaps, please request a design and I will make it for you.  See the OP for info.
<<< Click to view

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 21 February 2014, 15:06:09 »
Not yet.  I originally did this as a one-time request for someone who was going to 3D print it himself.  I should know in a few days how his turned out.  And if it looks at all decent, I'm sure the ones from Shapeways will look even better.  If there is enough interest to kickstart this project, I will order an initial round of prototype keycaps to verify the quality.  Until then, I will be working with 3D CAD models.

I won't!  I'll definitely put Topre keycaps into production if there is enough interest.  Thanks for filling out the form.

Hey I only just came across your post.

Can I ask whether you can make spacebars? I know this sounds boringly routine, but spacebars are some of the most problemmatic keycaps around, since there are all kinds of stem spacings and widths.

It's my hope that you will get the modelling data for all kinds of spacebars, so that anytime somebody needs a spacebar of unusual size he can get it.

BTW I don't need any spacebars right now, but I believe this is for the general good of the community.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
Yep, I can do spacebars.  They're a little tricky since they can vary so much in their dimensions, but Deskthority has a great wiki page here that I can use as a reference.  I already have a 6.25x spacebar in the shop, so you can check that out to get a sense of the look and price.  Custom 3D front-printed designs also look very nice on spacebars.  I can do top-printed designs but I don't know who would want one for a spacebar.  :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 February 2014, 16:33:30 by RaVNzCRoFT »
<<< Click to view

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
Bump.  New keycaps are now available!  Check out R1 1.25x keycaps featuring heart, diamond, club, and spade designs for bottom-row Ctrl, Alt, and Windows keys.  Also available as R4 1x1 keycaps.  Click here to visit the shop!

Don't forget, I'm taking design suggestions all the time.  Name a design (or many designs) and I will make them.  You choose what goes in the shop!

« Last Edit: Thu, 20 March 2014, 15:22:25 by RaVNzCRoFT »
<<< Click to view

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
Re: [FS] Custom 3D novelty keycaps from K3YD (Updated 14 April, 2014!)
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 11:38:54 »
Lots of new keycaps are now available!
Click here to visit the shop!

Don't forget, I'm taking design suggestions all the time.  Name a design (or many designs) and I will make them.  You choose what goes in the shop!

<<< Click to view

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 11:49:48 »
Shouldn't this thread be either in the vendor section or artisan section?

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 11:53:01 »
mkawa wanted to put it in the classifieds but apparently it's in artisan services now.

Hello, new viewers!  Scroll up to see the most recent update to my shop!
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 April 2014, 11:58:15 by RaVNzCRoFT »
<<< Click to view

Offline theseheights

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 01:31:16 »

Are you able to do normal embossed keys? Like the letters, I mean. If so, how much do you think it would cost per key?

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 11:11:58 »
Yes!  I can do simple embossed letters.  Each key will cost just about the same as you see in the shop for each profile.  Legends contain very little material compared to the rest of the keycap, so they only change the price by a few cents.
<<< Click to view

Offline theseheights

« Reply #50 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 20:04:48 »
Yes!  I can do simple embossed letters.  Each key will cost just about the same as you see in the shop for each profile.  Legends contain very little material compared to the rest of the keycap, so they only change the price by a few cents.

Would you ship to Australia, or not?

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 20:40:31 »
Yes, but it may be a bit pricey.  Check out Shapeways for their international shipping rates.
<<< Click to view

Offline mian2222

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 23:21:43 »
EDIT: Please ignore. Did not see the survey.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 May 2014, 23:36:33 by mian2222 »

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 18:25:34 »
New plastic colors are now available!

Several new colors are now available for purchase in my 3D keycap shop, K3YD.

Click here to visit the shop!

Don't forget, what makes K3YD so unique is that I take design requests.  Name a design (or many designs) and I will make them, if possible.  You choose what goes in the shop!
<<< Click to view

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
Re: [FS] Custom 3D novelty keycaps from K3YD (Updated 18 August, 2014!)
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 20:17:49 »
Did you know K3YD sells replacement spacebars--even ones that are a non-standard size?

• 6.25x ("standard" size; fits Filco, Ducky, Poker, Das Keyboard, QFR, and more)
  • 6.5x (with stems spaced 52.5mm from center; fits Quickfire TK, Quickfire XT, Corsair Vengeance K65/70/75/90/95, Logitech G710+, and more)

You can click the thumbnails on the product page to see a detailed preview of what each key looks like in a variety of materials.

Wondering how they look once they're printed?  They look great!  Example 1, Example 2

Those are some of the most common spacebar types, but if you request a different size I'll see what I can do!

Do you want a custom design engraved or embossed in the front or top of the spacebar?  Just let me know and I'll make it for you!  You can choose from a variety of colors and materials.  Also check out my other designs like novelty function row keys and novelty bottom-row modifiers.

Thank you so much for looking!

Click here to visit K3YD!
<<< Click to view

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 11:22:25 »

Holy poop, is this real life? A replacement spacebar for my Choc Mini?!? Are there any other colors that can be ordered? Hoping for something in cyan/teal/turquoise that would kind of work with Hyperfuse; if not I may give the purple a shot. I will definitely be looking into this, thanks for posting
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 17:13:36 »

Holy poop, is this real life? A replacement spacebar for my Choc Mini?!? Are there any other colors that can be ordered? Hoping for something in cyan/teal/turquoise that would kind of work with Hyperfuse; if not I may give the purple a shot. I will definitely be looking into this, thanks for posting

Unfortunately, the colors you see are the only ones available so there's not yet an option for something cyan/teal/turquoise.  But purple could look quite nice with Hyperfuse, as you suggested.  You could also try getting one in white and dyeing it.  Thanks for your interest!
<<< Click to view

Offline yirimyah

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 19:29:51 »
Adding my voice to the calls for Topre. My first mechanical keyboard was a HHKB Pro JP and to this day I can't seem to get any damn custom keycaps for it at any price.

Stems should be trivial for you to change. The problem will be profile. R4 looks identical between Cherry and Topre, but there's definitely profile differences on R1, 2 and 3. But it would be very much worth your while to supply Topre keys - there's just no supply available. Personally I'd buy ten R1s and two metal R2s in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 August 2014, 20:13:34 by yirimyah »

Offline BamBooBam

• Yammy Caps
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 22:55:58 »
some topre love plz  ;) ;)
Geekhack an alternation of money sink.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 08:28:45 »
Would anybody be willing to send me one or more cheap Topre caps so I can get the dimensions and start adding Topre to my shop?
<<< Click to view

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 31 August 2014, 20:17:43 »
Would anybody be willing to send me one or more cheap Topre caps so I can get the dimensions and start adding Topre to my shop?

I can send you some ESC row topre caps, just pm me the shipping address. :)

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 01 September 2014, 11:20:10 »
Thank you so much to ComradeSniper, who has agreed to send me a Topre Esc row keycap!!!

Topre keys are soon to come!  ;D
<<< Click to view

Offline scooterpsu

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 10:16:28 »
It'd be awesome to get an Aperture Science logo key for my Portal-themed board.

Offline kebby

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 14:04:12 »
Are there any example photos of the polished plastic versions? Or a metal one?

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:23:12 »

The red, blue, pink, and purple keys you see in the OP are polished plastic.  Here's a green space bar.  Here's two made of polished nickel steel.
<<< Click to view

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:41:46 »
Very nice. Put you in the list of Keycap shops ;)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline kebby

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:47:18 »

The red, blue, pink, and purple keys you see in the OP are polished plastic.  Here's a green space bar.  Here's two made of polished nickel steel.

Thanks. :)

Would not have thought even the polished ones look so "felt-like" in the pics... Could you make a 4.5x space bar for Pure Pro / Filco MJ2 JP, maybe even one that fits DSA or cherry/DCS height?

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:53:06 »
I could definitely make a 4.5x space bar, although making one that matches DSA/DCS/Cherry would take quite a bit more time and effort.  Everything in the shop right now is "OEM"/Filco profile, and it might be kind of difficult to make a one-off design in a different profile.  But I'm certainly not opposed to making complete sets for different profiles in the future.  I have keycap sets with OEM and Cherry profiles, and I believe Signature Plastics posts a lot of good dimensioned drawings online for me to replicate DSA and DCS.  I also have a Topre keycap that was generously donated, so I can make those in the future as well.

And thanks for adding me to that list, JaccoW!
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:54:57 by RaVNzCRoFT »
<<< Click to view

Offline kebby

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 02:51:52 »
Would be great to have different profiles. One similar to the ones up now but at 4.5x would be something I'd get just to see how it is and get some color options for combining with sets.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 11:40:29 »
Are you making any SA profile key caps in the future?