Author Topic: [GB] ePBT Scandi // Shipping to buyers  (Read 107210 times)

Offline Katydid

Re: [GB] ePBT Scandi // Shipments incomplete, replacement keys still being made
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 13 December 2022, 03:44:59 »
Received my kit in the mail. It looks like there may be an issue with the stepped caps lock key not being aligned. Did anyone encounter this issue?
Photo example:

(Attachment Link)

same here...

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 13 December 2022, 11:53:24 »
Mine is a little less twisted but still... and the gap with the right key is bigger than with GMK keycaps, makes it ugly.

GMK Beta for reference :

Some Scandi keys on the same keyboard :

edit: Same problem on Winter Breath, no problem on Be The One
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 December 2022, 12:09:37 by Adelscott »
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 13 December 2022, 14:05:17 »
Ugh, same here, my stepped caps is misaligned. I hadn't test it before because I'm missing some keycaps...

Offline ivanoban

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 13 December 2022, 14:33:39 »
Received my kit in the mail. It looks like there may be an issue with the stepped caps lock key not being aligned. Did anyone encounter this issue?
Photo example:

(Attachment Link)

Apart from the alignment issue, is your stepped caps arrow pointing up ? it should be pointing down.

Offline inviz

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 13 December 2022, 16:23:13 »
same here, stepped caps (up and down arrow, I have both...) are not aligned and are too far to the left as on the pictures shown earlier

Offline tsukune1349

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 13 December 2022, 17:19:28 »
Anybody received their Nerd Cables cable?

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 09:20:52 »
OK so the replacement keys have been completed and should be shipping out to vendors as we speak. Please see below for the exact keys that have been remade:

Base:

Nomad:

Français:

Ibérica:

-------------------------------------------

Additionally, regarding the Fn/Meta keys:

• Unfortunately, I was unable to get the 1.25u Meta key remade. I'm not sure where the confusion on this came from, as the production template I gave them said Meta. Regardless, I take responsibility for this, as apparently I did pass them layouts during the GB that said Fn instead. Please accept my apology on this one.
  • There was initially some confusion over whether the 1u Fn key would be text or icon. KBDFans has informed me that they have included both.

To summarize, they have provided this picture to show which keys are included in each Base kit:

-------------------------------------------

That's all, folks. Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this process.

ATTENTION: If you are missing keys outside of the ones mentioned above, please reach out to your vendor to get it sorted out.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2022, 09:43:51 by Fredington »

Offline Flybeck

Re: [GB] ePBT Scandi // Replacement keys complete and revealed
« Reply #157 on: Sat, 17 December 2022, 00:15:29 »
How do these colors compare to crp?

Offline kidpid

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 08 January 2023, 14:33:00 »
Mine came in! The contrast between the alphas and mods is perhaps more subtle than it looks like the renders, but overall the set still looks great.

Due to the lighting the contrast looks even more washed out than it actually is. There's more contrast in different lighting conditions

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 17:44:50 »
Do we need to reach out to our respective vendor to receive replacements or will they be sending them out automatically? In my case I ordered from KBD Fans

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 12 January 2023, 08:43:51 »
Do we need to reach out to our respective vendor to receive replacements or will they be sending them out automatically? In my case I ordered from KBD Fans

Vendors will send out the replacement keys automatically. Some will be packaged together with the initial shipment. Other might ship them separately. KBDFans should be packaging them together I believe.

Offline fairypenguin

• zzz
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 18 January 2023, 14:31:35 »
Super happy with the set, though the stepped capslock being unusable is kind of a bummer.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 April 2023, 15:12:01 by fairypenguin »

Offline jesse_le

• Pcraft.Studio
« Reply #162 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 07:20:45 »
Hello guys,
It is such a pleasure for our team to work with Fredington.
We have collab before and today, I would like to introduce these beautiful Artisans!!

ePBT Scandi x P.Craft Studio - The Scandi Gang:
- Dabruno
- Ranger Doge
- LeOni

Raffle link: https://pcraft.studio/raffle/
Stem: MX - Cherry profile
Material: 100% Resin
Price: 80 $us/ artisan
Shipping: 15$us (flat-rate) - Free if you're in Vietnam

Raffle time: 21:00 (GMT+7), 20/01/2023
Form lasts 24 hrs until 21:00 (GMT+7), 21/01/2023!
Hope you like them and Good Luck!!!
P.craft Studio | Artisan Maker | www.pcraft.studio | https://discord.gg/jZGkhDyuKB

Offline nanooq

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 14:22:45 »
Anyone have any news on the Nerd Cables?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #164 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 16:55:37 »
Anyone receive replacement keys? Still waiting to hear from KBDFans on mine.

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 02 February 2023, 17:00:58 »
Didn't receiving anything from Keygem yet. Waiting for an update on Discord
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 03 February 2023, 19:34:16 »
[Update]

So this past week, the vendors and I figured out that the replacement keys we've all been waiting for were, in fact, included with the initial shipments to vendors. Due to a lack of any communication regarding this fact, the we had been under the impression that they would be shipped at the later date. If they haven't already, all shipments that have been held thus far should be starting up in earnest. Apologies for the confusing last couple of months. Hopefully, the set will be in your hands soon.

Anyone receive replacement keys? Still waiting to hear from KBDFans on mine.

Please check your kits. KBDFans included the replacements in the initial shipments.

Offline Endeavour1934

Re: [GB] ePBT Scandi // Shipping to buyers
« Reply #167 on: Sat, 04 February 2023, 18:03:06 »
I got replacements included with the original kit, but both Caps Lock keys are the same, they are so crooked they touch the case, so they are unusable.

I contacted Keygem about it but didn't get any clear reply about this getting fixed. I'm a bit worried.

Offline abucazu

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 04:31:09 »
I got replacements included with the original kit, but both Caps Lock keys are the same, they are so crooked they touch the case, so they are unusable.

I contacted Keygem about it but didn't get any clear reply about this getting fixed. I'm a bit worried.

Same here

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #169 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 11:35:57 »
I got my set from ThocKeys last week. I love the look of them.  As several have stated, the stepped caps and control keys are made inaccurately.  The key is shifted left so that cases with tight tolerances around the bezels will have issues with rubbing. 

Here’s the two problematic caps
296156-0296158-1

And you can see for comparison with ePBT ivory that is made correctly here:
296160-2
I put mine on an Alice style board to hide the effect 🤣.  You could also just use the non-stepped caps I suppose.

296162-3
I hope there will be a fix kit.  Love the colors and novelties of this one.
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 February 2023, 11:55:30 by pixelpusher »

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #170 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 12:25:27 »
Please check your kits. KBDFans included the replacements in the initial shipments.

I checked my KBDFans shipment box again. I don't see the replacement keys so I don't think they were sent out with the initial shipment.

Offline MuffPi

I also encountered this issue. I contacted Keygem and was told that the designer is on talks with EPBT.

I hope we get an answer soon.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 16 March 2023, 15:33:03 »
Yes, I sent an email to KBD Fans over a week ago but no response as of yet.

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 03:40:52 »
Received a stepped caps lock replacement key yesterday from Keygem. The key is OK now.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 09:12:55 »
Good deal.  I did hear from a birdie that the replacement caps have been produced and are starting to ship out.  Hopefully everyone gets their caps fixed.  Lovely set 💕

Offline MuffPi

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 13 April 2023, 03:36:51 »
I got the replacement cap from keygem but it is still crooked. I was told that they contacted kbd again and sent them feedback but they are not sure if they will redo them a third time.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 13 April 2023, 11:02:37 »
I got the replacement cap from keygem but it is still crooked. I was told that they contacted kbd again and sent them feedback but they are not sure if they will redo them a third time.

rip

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #177 on: Thu, 13 April 2023, 11:38:35 »
Very odd that they're having this problem. I've owned many ePBT sets and have never seen a crooked stem like this before. Shame

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #178 on: Thu, 13 April 2023, 13:59:27 »
Same here. I sent an email to keygem but I didn't get any reply.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 13 April 2023, 16:01:32 »
Very odd that they're having this problem. I've owned many ePBT sets and have never seen a crooked stem like this before. Shame

I'm not saying it's ideal at all, but if we end up with a crooked cap and can't get it fixed, I wonder if we could find a way to scrape out the stem a bit in one direction and add some shim material (probably tape) to correct the twist.  I'm not overly concerned with a slight twist (although it's not good), but I at least hope the stem is in the right spot so that the keycap can be installed on boards with tight tolerances around the bezel.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 April 2023, 16:03:08 by pixelpusher »

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 29 May 2023, 23:26:46 »
Anyone receive any replacements?

Offline growler

« Reply #181 on: Tue, 30 May 2023, 03:19:02 »
Do we need to ask for a replacement, or will one come automatically ? (Prototypist customer)

Tappity tap tap tap

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #182 on: Tue, 30 May 2023, 11:16:18 »
Not sure.  Tim from Thockeys replied back at the end of March saying the replacement caps had been made and were being shipped to them.  I assume that when they get replacement keys they will reach out to customers.

Offline abucazu

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 12 June 2023, 05:51:08 »
Loving Scandi. I wish I bought the novelty accents

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 19 July 2023, 21:54:21 »
Finally after months of waiting and customer service chats I received my stepped caps lock key from KBDFans. The stem offset was fixed however the stem is crooked so it's not aligned with the other keys  :mad:

Alas, I think I'm going to surrender and resolder the switch to acommodate the non-stepped caps key.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 19 July 2023, 22:11:45 »
Finally after months of waiting and customer service chats I received my stepped caps lock key from KBDFans. The stem offset was fixed however the stem is crooked so it's not aligned with the other keys  :mad:

Alas, I think I'm going to surrender and resolder the switch to acommodate the non-stepped caps key.

Mine is a bit crooked as well  :(

I might experiment and see if I can somehow heat and rotate the stem

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 20 July 2023, 01:14:38 »

Mine is a bit crooked as well  :(

I might experiment and see if I can somehow heat and rotate the stem

I managed to fix all the crooked keycaps by doing the following steps:

- First heat the keycap with a hair dryer for 20 seconds or so (medium power, 2-3 inches away). I usually place the keycap face down on the bathroom sink and apply heat from above.
- Quickly grab the key in your hand (don't worry, it should be warm but not hot enough to burn you) and insert a thick phillips screwdriver on the stem and twist the keycap (do not apply too much force, just a bit) on the desired direction (clockwise or counterclockwise) for 5 seconds or so (don't overdo it or it will bend more than necessary - it's a tricky process and it takes some practice)
- Quickly cool/harden the keycap by submerging it in cold water, so it retains the current shape.
- Blow any residual water from the keycap and test it on the keyboard. Repeat the whole process if necessary. Some keycaps might take 3-4 attempts. After a week or two, you might notice the keycap has slightly gone backwards to the original shape, but just a tiny, tiny bit. This is normal.

Of course, do this at your own risk. You might ruin or destroy the keycap if you apply too much heat or if you twist it too hard. If you are planning to try this, it's better to start with less heat and less twisting, and if you can't see a positive result, then gradually increase both parameters on the next tries. You can also try first with a spare PBT keycap. My Scandi set had like 5 extra keycaps because it came with the defective/incorrect keycaps + the fixed ones. You could use those defective caps to try this process first before doing it to any important keycap.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2023, 01:20:24 by Endeavour1934 »