Author Topic: [GB] Hyper7 R4 - The 173% Keyboard  (Read 47998 times)

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
[GB] Hyper7 R4 - The 173% Keyboard
« on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 08:43:42 »
Hyper7
The 173% Keyboard

In 2020 we launched the third round of the Hyper7 keyboard. A behemoth of a keyboard inspired by the Space Cadet keyboard. After 3 years we're bringing it back for a fourth round, with an improved enclosed stainless steel case, a carry handle, and a hotswap PCB. We'll also be aiming to overlap another GB run of Space Cadet keycaps for those looking to truly replicate the feel an aesthetics of the Space Cadet keyboard

New Layout!
For this run we'll be offering a new more standard layout for the centre core of the Hyper7. Providing a more standard column stagger that people are used to, and a 7u spacebar.

GB Information
Start Date: 27th October 2023 2pm BST
Finish Date: 500 orders or 3rd January 2024 - Which ever comes first
Target Shipping Date: February 2024
Vendor: Sold only through our store at Mechboards
Variation Information: Available with either a Plate or Enclosed case, in Black, Industrial Grey, Cream, or bare Stainless Steel
Layout Information: Available in either the classic Hyper7 layout, or a new "Modern Layout" featuring a more standard stagger and a 7u spacebar
Pricing Information: Price ranges from roughly $300 for a stainless steel plate case to $450 for a coloured enclosed case
Addon Information: We are offering keycaps, a range of stabilisers, a range of switches and assembly service as addons

The GB is now live! For more information or to purchase, please visit our store page here.

Offline nathanchere

Re: [GB] Hyper7 R4 - The 173% Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 November 2023, 13:48:19 »
I love the idea of this but the thought of how much I'd need to spend on extra mod kits for any given set to deck out the entire board consistently is giving me cold sweats.

Offline ItIsWritten

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 05 February 2024, 16:46:40 »
Any info on when these will start to ship out?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G986B met Tapatalk

Offline splodeybaloney

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 08:14:05 »
There was an update just put out to the discord today that the keycap manufacturer they had lined up to produce sets for this have pulled out rather unceremoniously just a couple weeks ago, and finding/getting a new manufacturer and samples on top of LNY has pushed orders back by "at least 2-3 months" at this point.

Offline pelfox

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 13:18:55 »
just wondering, does this have a daughter board?

interested, if yes
en boca cerrada no entran moscas

Offline Neongreen

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 20:54:21 »
The concept is impressive but how will I find caps for the top rows? 🤔

Offline filefish

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 08 February 2024, 14:40:09 »
Mechboards sells a set of XDA caps that fit; there was also a private group buy for SA caps in Symbiosis colors

Offline kuangmk11

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 08 February 2024, 17:25:03 »

Offline blondie

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 11 March 2024, 09:59:26 »
I just ordered one of these. I've been interested in this since I first saw it. I don't know why I'm so enamored with this keyboard. Maybe after looking at hundreds of standard rectangles, this one stands out.

I hope one of you kind souls can keep us updated here if there are any important updates shared on Discord.

I didn't order the keycaps, so I'm not sure if we'll be able to get our boards before those are finalized or if they all wait until the keycaps arrive. Either way, I'll be patient.