Author Topic: Dead Space revival rumors - its happening! 27-01-2023!  (Read 35589 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Dead Space revival rumors - its happening! 27-01-2023!
« on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 07:22:36 »
I'm sure Dead Space fans read recently about DS revival rumors - I strongly hope this is going to happen - it was my favourite horror game ever.
First part. Amazing. It would be so great to have it remastered.

Any Dead Space fans here waiting for this to be announced? :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2023, 04:59:07 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline dingusxmcgee

Re: Dead Space revival rumors
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 08:09:59 »
Loved that game. I remember enjoying all 3 games honestly.

Would be cool to see the first remastered.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 10:16:51 »
Loved that game. I remember enjoying all 3 games honestly.

Would be cool to see the first remastered.

Yeah, first part was my favourite.
Proper remaster would look amazing, I would need to wash my pants again after every gaming session - looking forward to it  :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 12:32:03 »
One of my best and most vivid gaming memories was playing DS2 on mushrooms the first time. It was all new to me so everything was amplified. I started peaking right around the Going To Church chapter, and the next few chapters being quite intense really emotionally drained me but the experience was so memorable and engaging. I remember there were sections with no enemies at all, but the environment, music, and vibe presented such an overwhelming feeling of dread it was just as scary expecting something to happen. Only played 1 and 2, didn't have any interest in the 3rd one, looked too much like an action game.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 14:00:44 »
Just hoping if they make the remake that it is done right.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline phinix

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 14:49:51 »
One of my best and most vivid gaming memories was playing DS2 on mushrooms the first time. It was all new to me so everything was amplified. I started peaking right around the Going To Church chapter, and the next few chapters being quite intense really emotionally drained me but the experience was so memorable and engaging. I remember there were sections with no enemies at all, but the environment, music, and vibe presented such an overwhelming feeling of dread it was just as scary expecting something to happen. Only played 1 and 2, didn't have any interest in the 3rd one, looked too much like an action game.

Yeah, exactly. I only finished first part, played second maybe to half of it.
I remember I tried to play 1 for few hours being high and couldn't do few steps for hours :) It was too scary.
I never tried mushrooms, so I can't even imagine how this would be:)

Offline phinix

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 14:50:31 »
Just hoping if they make the remake that it is done right.

I hope so too - proper remaster would be best, but I wouldn't change much in whole story etc as it was great anyway.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 15:26:29 »
At most, possibly expand on the story a tad - the way it stands in the original still hit like a ton of bricks when you pieced it all together.
I loved the first one and need to go back and replay it and finish 2.  I have to say it really is my favorite Sci-Fi horror game and GTFO is a close second but it hits differently compared to DS 1 & 2 ( I never took the time to play 3 ).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline yui

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 04:35:33 »
i am not sure i'd be happy of current EA to revive any classic games, although i am out of the target audience for dead space i would not want them to soil the old Command and Conquer series or Burnout with predatory micro-transactions, forced online, hundreds of DLC etc... just trying to lower expectations a bit, we are talking about the record holder of consecutive worst company of the year titles. i would not expect anything good from them, so that way i do not get disappointed when it is bad, and it is a good surprise when it is decent.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 16:46:00 »
It looked an interesting game.

I tried playing the first one on an old PC that was barely capable of keeping up with all the details turned down.

The experience was interesting, but frustrating.

One day I'll probably have another go, but unfortunately I've heard of something the discoveries you make later in the game, so I've missed out on experiencing the surprises firsthand.

And to stay a bit more on topic, a remake probably wouldn't work on my current gaming PC, so I'd be back in the same boat, or just play the original one, which would probably run quite well now.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 July 2021, 16:50:41 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline phinix

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 15:30:34 »
Yes !!! :D

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 16:39:50 »
Is there any need for it ? DS was itself a remake of System Shock 2 (not just overhauling graphics, but a full remake). It then had 2 sequels of a bit lesser quality (still good games). Then we had the "spiritual System Shock 3", Prey from Arkane (they just couldnt get the license for the name but that's it mostly), which itself raised the bar a bit (still hacking was too weak in Prey IMHO).
All I'm saying is, DS itself still looks good as of today, and a lot of what had to be said and done on that base game (SS2) has been explored thoroughly, after completing all of these I'd rather have a sequel to Arkane's Prey IMHO.

Offline yui

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 00:24:19 »
the question i now have is why the trend of naming your game like a previous one in the series? seriously is it that hard to put a number or a subname nowadays? it makes finding the older game so much harder than it needs to be... and EA seems to be the worst at it, pretty much all their long running series now have this problem...
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline phinix

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 25 January 2023, 04:56:04 »
Just two more days!!!!
HAHAHAHHAAA....AAAAAAAAAAAAA, its gonna be a hell of a ride! :D

Offline phinix

Re: Dead Space revival rumors - its happening! 27-01-2023!
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 26 January 2023, 04:47:43 »
Oh man... Missus said she will buy it for me as gift for my Names Day.
I'm gonna play it like there's no tomorrow :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 26 January 2023, 10:30:18 »

names day,  didn't know we were in the presence of King Phinix Targaryen, your majesty, happy name day.

Offline phinix

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 26 January 2023, 11:29:26 »

names day,  didn't know we were in the presence of King Phinix Targaryen, your majesty, happy name day.

Show Image

Yep :D

Mine is on Monday.

Offline phinix

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 17:00:15 »
Its amazing to play this game again after all those years, with new graphics (which push my RTX3070 to the ground...) and on OLED.
OLED screen is freaking amazing, this is why I bought it 2 years ago, for games like that.
At times it is sooo dark and scary that is impossible to continue, I often need to take breaks.. and change my pants...

295871-0

295873-1

295875-2

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 02 February 2023, 16:36:14 »
Fired the game up last night to play at a friend's place.

We were playing on his MASSIVE 75in OLED TV and the graphics are absolutely phenomenal. I am astounded to see the light reflections coming off the armor and how it all interacts with each other in game.

This game VERY quickly filled the hole left by Callisto Protocol.
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline phinix

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 03 February 2023, 03:23:08 »
Fired the game up last night to play at a friend's place.

We were playing on his MASSIVE 75in OLED TV and the graphics are absolutely phenomenal. I am astounded to see the light reflections coming off the armor and how it all interacts with each other in game.

This game VERY quickly filled the hole left by Callisto Protocol.

Yep, that's why I bought OLED for those kind of games :) I think this is the best gaming experience you can get now.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 03 February 2023, 04:54:15 »
Yep, that's why I bought OLED for those kind of games :) I think this is the best gaming experience you can get now.

Quantum Oled next.

Offline phinix

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 03 February 2023, 07:13:59 »

Quantum Oled next.

as long as they fix burn-in issue I'm happy.
I take all precautions to not have burn-in problems and so far after couple of years its still nice, using it as my PC monitor for 10 hours a day.
But I would like to have one that could be lit fully and not to worry about things, its not cheap toy. Or let the prices drop to like £500 for 42" OLED - then I wouldn't worry to replace it every 5 years or so...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 03 February 2023, 12:12:10 »
supposedly you can take whatever nit works for you on the lg and double it on qd oled, and it should still have minimal risk of burn-in.

that said no one's tested it for long yet.

Offline phinix

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 03 February 2023, 12:51:32 »
supposedly you can take whatever nit works for you on the lg and double it on qd oled, and it should still have minimal risk of burn-in.

Yeah, I'm hoping that OLED tech will evolve in next ~5 years, so we would have lots of OLED monitor options between 30-42" plus even better burn-in control.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 10 February 2023, 14:23:58 »

Yeah, I'm hoping that OLED tech will evolve in next ~5 years, so we would have lots of OLED monitor options between 30-42" plus even better burn-in control.

An exciting thing that might come with oled is oled strobe.

Right now oled reacts fast, but it still smears because of pixel persistence. With ultra fast strobing of oled, we can get to CRT clarity but only at very low brightness because it can't hit the peak brightness in strobe.

But apparently it's being worked on by major manufacturers and the blurbuster team.

Offline phinix

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 10 February 2023, 19:12:44 »

An exciting thing that might come with oled is oled strobe.

Right now oled reacts fast, but it still smears because of pixel persistence. With ultra fast strobing of oled, we can get to CRT clarity but only at very low brightness because it can't hit the peak brightness in strobe.

But apparently it's being worked on by major manufacturers and the blurbuster team.

So yeah, I'll keep my CX48 for next 5 years and then upgrade.  :thumb: