Author Topic: [IC] Sisyphus 65 - A 65% Keyboard Case with unique design  (Read 8747 times)

Offline RyukG

• Discover & Manufacture
[IC] Sisyphus 65 - A 65% Keyboard Case with unique design
« on: Mon, 30 January 2023, 16:43:09 »
Sisyphus 65
A 65% Keyboard Case from Maniac Rabbit,
Manufactured by Discover& Manufacture.

295767-0

Contents

1.Introduction
2.Inspiration
3.Render
4.Details
5.Prototype
6.Status

1.Introduction

Hello again, here we bring our second keyboard case — Sisyphus, a PCB gasket keyboard case designed by GAGA from Maniac Rabbit studio.

2.Inspiration

In Greek mythology, Sisyphus was the founder and king of Ephyra. Hades punished him for cheating death twice by forcing him to roll an immense boulder up a hill only for it to roll down every time it neared the top, repeating this action for eternity.

295769-1

▲Like Albert Camus said in “The Myth of Sisyphus”, You have already grasped that Sisyphus is the absurd hero. He is, as much through his passions as through his torture. His scorn of the gods, his hatred of death, and his passion for life won him that unspeakable penalty in which the whole being is exerted toward accomplishing nothing.

295807-2

▲In order to highlight this absurd hero, the hill and the boulder will be used in the form of line on profile. The PVD stainless steel columns used as weight stand for the boulder, the straight line of the major part of the case symbolizes the hill. We put an unique designed trim strip on the top of the case which is the destination of Sisyphus that he will never arrive.

295809-3

▲As climbing the hill fullfills Sisyphus’ life, the word climb designed in  morse code settles on the upside, which will be dual-color anodized. The last three dots of letter B are used as indicator lights. At the same time, the mountain-shaped trim strip on the top appears while being overlooked.

295811-4

▲On the other hand, a dual-color anodized medal is also settled above arrow keys. It uses abstract lines to depict Sisyphus pushing a rock up a mountain,and there is power in the lines!
And PVD stainless steel weight with Sisyphus in line drawing inside and Maniac Rabbit logo outside within contour lines.

3.Render

295813-5
295815-6
295817-7
295819-8

4.Details

(1)General Information

Mounting: PCB Gasket
Typing Angle: 6.8°
Materials: Anodized Aluminum and Stainless Steel
PCB: Wired/Bluetooth
Plate: PC material
Size: 320mm*130mm*34.33mm
Front height: 19.24mm

(2)Mounting

295821-9

Sisyphus utilizes a PCB gasket mount system, sandwiching PCB between top and bottom case with 20 pieces of customized sillicone socks. Custom-cut Poron plate and ixpe plate will be settled between the PC plate and PCB. At the same time, there’ are two pieces of Poron plates in different thickness set on the bottom case. This system aim to reduce vibrations while typing and create a cleaner sound profile.

(3)PCB

295823-10

1.2mm flex-cut wired/Bluetooth PCB.
Hotswap and compatible with MX style switches.
Designed and driver powered by Goudan.
Various layout options.

(4)Other Details

295825-11

▲Sillicone gasket will be set between PVD stainless steel and anodized aluminum.

295827-12

▲Maniac Rabbit logo on PCB will be glimpsed through PC plate.

5.Build and typing
Streamed by Bobby
Streamed by SuperMaze

6.Prototype

295829-13
295831-14
295833-15
295835-16
295852-17
295854-18

7.Status

We have finished the prototype and get ready to manufacture volume productions. We got some reliable vendors now, and still be looking forward to getting in touch with more reliable vendors.

FAQ

·Who we are?

295856-19

We are a keyboard design studio/manufacturer from China.But not only that, we have created a platform--DM(discover and manufacture).Sisyphus is our second case, so we are still looking for more reliable vendors. If our products intrigue you, do contact us. At the same time, we have our full lifecycle of keyboard case related manufacturing capabilities, from refining your design to quality control of your final products.

·What’s our next design?

More keyboard cases and accessories are on the way.

Thanks for viewing!

« Last Edit: Tue, 28 February 2023, 18:30:04 by RyukG »

Offline aa212121

Re: [IC] Sisyphus 65 - A 65% Keyboard Case with unique design
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 January 2023, 16:48:48 »
I am disappoint.

Offline RyukG

• Discover & Manufacture
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 January 2023, 17:38:46 »
I am disappoint.
Why say so? Can we get your suggestion to do some promotion? 

Offline WholesomeDucky

• lemme get uhhhhhhhhhhhhh bread
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 January 2023, 17:52:47 »
Can you say anymore about what the projected cost is? I didn't see it anywhere.

The board seems like it has a lot going on. Maybe too much for some people.
There's seemingly engravings on both sides of the weight, decorative milling at the top, the circular foot with text on it, the intricate curved decoration on the back.
Personally when I look at some of these things I just see a keyboard that will probably be way too expensive and visually distracting. But I'm open to being surprised on that.
12 years of spending money on typing

"Name checks out" -Kustoms, 2020

Discord:wholesomeducky
Inbox always open, for whatever reason.

Offline RyukG

• Discover & Manufacture
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 January 2023, 18:06:32 »
Can you say anymore about what the projected cost is? I didn't see it anywhere.

The board seems like it has a lot going on. Maybe too much for some people.
There's seemingly engravings on both sides of the weight, decorative milling at the top, the circular foot with text on it, the intricate curved decoration on the back.
Personally when I look at some of these things I just see a keyboard that will probably be way too expensive and visually distracting. But I'm open to being surprised on that.
THX for your appreciation, the price will release later. And it will be a reasonable one and not cost too much.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 January 2023, 18:38:34 »
Looks great. Pictures of the prototype would be great. The gray and chrome color looks great.
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 30 January 2023, 18:58:32 »
this is inventive !!! I love it! suggest taking out flex cuts from pcb/plate, because it will bottom out on the case and not feel good
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline RyukG

• Discover & Manufacture
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 31 January 2023, 11:33:52 »
Looks great. Pictures of the prototype would be great. The gray and chrome color looks great.
THX man. There might be more color when GB release.

Offline RyukG

• Discover & Manufacture
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 31 January 2023, 11:41:38 »
this is inventive !!! I love it! suggest taking out flex cuts from pcb/plate, because it will bottom out on the case and not feel good

Next round we will offer more PCB options :D

Offline dvllpxe

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 31 January 2023, 11:53:57 »
this is rlly cool!

Offline p00

• 40% to 60%
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 02:46:37 »
There is no plan for at least QMK support? That is kind of a deal breaker for me, and many others I guess.  :-[
Tokyo60 v3 / Preonic / Planck / UT47.2 / ALT / Daisy / Liminal / Alice

Offline FitLabb

• FitLabb
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 13:52:58 »
Really appreciate the creativity that went into this design.  There are so many boards these days that are basically copies of each other, or don't really do anything that different with their design features, which is why I love seeing people take some creative risks like this.  Wishing you good luck with this project and looking forward to seeing future updates and where it goes.
Founder of FitLabb.com - an online fitness & nutrition platform
YouTube - FitLabb

Offline RyukG

• Discover & Manufacture
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 18:08:22 »

Offline RyukG

• Discover & Manufacture
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 18:10:16 »
There is no plan for at least QMK support? That is kind of a deal breaker for me, and many others I guess.  :-[
sorry about we nearly finishing our volume PCB, that's a good advice. Next round or version we will provide more options in PCB.

Offline RyukG

• Discover & Manufacture
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 01 February 2023, 18:11:59 »
Really appreciate the creativity that went into this design.  There are so many boards these days that are basically copies of each other, or don't really do anything that different with their design features, which is why I love seeing people take some creative risks like this.  Wishing you good luck with this project and looking forward to seeing future updates and where it goes.
Thanks for your inspiration! we will bring more creative ones!

Offline dvllpxe

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 20 March 2023, 14:42:13 »
any update on a potential release period? unless im blind and didnt see it in the page lol