Author Topic: using custom spacebars? (related to keychron q3/q6 qmk's)  (Read 7776 times)

Offline simplycanada

using custom spacebars? (related to keychron q3/q6 qmk's)
« on: Sat, 10 December 2022, 18:27:49 »
do the different spacebar widths also come with different mounts physically or could in theory I had bought the keychron barebone and [from a full keycaps kit] used a 8-width spacebar instead of 'default' 6.5-width spacebar on it basically?

short story: I finally had a look at nearly all northamerica-sold keyboards (thanks to the kbd.news/vendors/ weblist!) tonight while thinking about that minor issue of only wanting to assign three keys out of there being four physically present to the right of the spacebar, then I ran into this one https://shop.modedesigns.com/pages/eighty which made me wondering if it was unique to that keyboard or I could try do something similar to the keychron on my own hence this particular post right now

and yes I'll had left the keyswitch out of what should had been the fourth button position (and made sure the via software has nothing assigned there as to avoid any kind of hidden gremlin issue)

p.s indeed this would be for macintosh uses, I don't need the add/subtract keys on numpad side much to bother getting worked up about the extra-big add key heh

Offline simplycanada

Re: using custom spacebars? (related to keychron q3/q6 qmk's)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 January 2023, 07:24:06 »
just in case any 'archivists' runs into this particular topic I'll simply mention that then I didn't know enough about switch stems etc to now already realize this was a silly request which won't had worked out the way it sounded like

consider this topic 'closed and learned'? ;-)