Author Topic: New keycaps for me!  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Zijayz

New keycaps for me!
« on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 23:44:13 »
Hello guys! I'd like to change my Razer blackwidow keycaps but I heard from people that some keys do not fit in the keyboard! I was wondering if someone can suggest some back light keycaps for my Razer blackwidow 2013

Nevermind about that, I'd like to buy backlight keycaps not trans. but couldn't find any because all left part of my blackwidow's keycaps got destroyed. I'd like replacement but Razer only offer me 5 key caps and I need 29. Anyone is willing to sell me their blackwidow's key caps or recommend me some key caps that are similar to blackwidow's ? I'm not going to pay for another 130$ keyboard.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 July 2014, 23:56:57 by Zijayz »

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: New keycaps for me!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 23:46:04 »
i'm pretty sure they will fit

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 03:32:59 »
Hello guys! I'd like to change my Razer blackwidow keycaps but I heard from people that some keys do not fit in the keyboard! I was wondering if someone can suggest some back light keycaps for my Razer blackwidow 2013

Nevermind about that, I'd like to buy backlight keycaps not trans. but couldn't find any because all left part of my blackwidow's keycaps got destroyed. I'd like replacement but Razer only offer me 5 key caps and I need 29. Anyone is willing to sell me their blackwidow's key caps or recommend me some key caps that are similar to blackwidow's ? I'm not going to pay for another 130$ keyboard.

If it has the weird layout bottom row with 6x spacebar you're not going to find a full replacement set, sorry. If it's just the alphas you could look in the classifieds. People often sell off their OEM backlit caps that came with their board there. Personally I don't like any of the backlit sets, they're much lower quality than most aftermarket sets you can buy.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline dantan

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 16:33:39 »

How did they get destroyed? Did you burn them by dropping cigarette ash?

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 07:09:23 »

How did they get destroyed? Did you burn them by dropping cigarette ash?

Sounds like author spilled something bad. Ethyl alcohol?
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.